Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Eevee »

Also it just occurred to me that A50’s defence was suspicious given the gamestate. Why else do you have RCE as a strong townread, A50?

~Eva
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Eevee »

Possibly against the spirit of the game, but Porken’s replace out being very scum indicative lingers in my mind...

~Eva
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Ydrasse »

exploiting my fears, how cruel. don't you have a play to put on, eevees? eevi?

regardless. i don't know why you're doubling down on your vote based off of the intentions of one like... set of posts. i had similar qualms about the logic of rce posting about that sort of thing as it felt like a barebones "look at me, i am helpful for town look what i have considered!" and that the logic wasn't a path i'd go down. this just feels like stubbornness over one set of posts, though; you have other reasons that you've sr'd rce so why make this one the hill to die upon?

VOTE: snowblaze

baaaaa. yeah, posting reads as snowblaze is doing doesn't seem to be doing much to propel forward the gamestate and is the low-energy sort of "look at me i am here and helping" i think makes sense for this setup. lotta questions spread out to different places in an effort to integrate.
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Eevee »

I tried to convince her! But we do have other reasons. Do you see them? What do you think?

~Eva
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i've seen them and i'm not particularly sold honestly, which in conjunction with the votes that were slowly trickling onto rcenigma for the sake of a wagon without tooooo much thought behind it makes me leery that it's easy to scapegoat onto him.
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Eevee »

well tbh the rep out from Porkens is also very scum indicative but i've been wanting to not bring that up because using reps is kinda dirty and all that - but i feel like i have to at this point for the sake of transparency

Eevii is fine

~Eve
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Eevee »

In post 502, Mohab500 wrote:I would give a speech about not rushing but since we only have three days, I need you guys to speak up. For me, the RCE wagon still seems OK to me. This is fairly hypocritical of me but the low presence or inactive players as well as the replace-outs probably have the bulk of scum in them. I'll evaluate later in more detail and give more precise reads. VOTE: RCEngima for now.
this is what makes me most uneasy about this wagon though

Mohab is close behind RCE at no.2 for not getting to perform at our play - you are of course welcome to watch though Mohab we just heard back from Umlaut and he'll be the main star!

~Eve
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Menalque »

Do you think snow is town, Eve?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Something_Smart »

What about the replace-out is scum indicative?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 548, Eevee wrote:the scum motivation to ask that is for town points and to look good for it
the fact you are using it as a case on him totally negates this reasoning in essence. No?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:08 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 543, Almost50 wrote:
In post 536, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 535, Eevee wrote:Almo what do you think of my reasoning here and why does town!RCE make that post?
Hope you don't mind me stepping in here but town isn't negatively impacted by my statement. If nsg gets back to me that scum can't kill scum then it's void. If she gets back to me that scum can kill scum then I make it known in thread anyway. Even if scum weren't aware of it there is the possibility. The alternative there is that scum discovers it's possible and town is still in the dark about it.

That said I don't think anyone outside of menalque at the time has the wile to make that play. A50 still could (:
I dunno where you got the idea that scum could have been allowed to kill scum. It's VERY rare for a mod to allow scum to kill their partners, and its usually in a "special setup" (I seem to recall one Open Setup that does) so maybe that's where you got the idea, but I can confirm I have never thought of it tbh.
Dealing with FL in a normal, don't recall if it was schadd or NK modding but I recall them saying they allow it but it's generally at the mods discretion.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 549, Eevee wrote:
In post 542, Almost50 wrote:Now let me ask you this: What is the SCUM motive behind this post, given scum daychat is also announced in the rules. If RCE had doubts or was unclear about the rule (which -again- is not possible from my PoV given it's an explicit win con statement) why wouldn't he have asked in the scum PT?
I dislike this. Don’t you think it’s very very easy for scum to say something publicly that they could’ve said in the scum pt to seem townie?

~Eva
Again, you saying this means it didn't make him look townie, and if it didn't make him townie then he wouldn't have said it as scum "to make him look townie". I think you're chasing your own tail here.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:10 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 547, Eevee wrote:no Almo you don't follow me

RCEngima tried to give the impression he didn't want scum to realise they could kill each other if they hadn't already, and asked a question privately to the mod
but if that's the case, he shouldn't be making that post in the first place since it could possibly alert scum that they can kill each other

the scuminess of that post has nothing to do with the act of misunderstanding the rules - it has everything to do with the intent of the post and the disconnect betweent the thought process behind it and the actual act of making and posting it
you ask for scum motivation? there doesn't need to be a
specific
motivation for that post - the scum motivation for any post like that is to give out content and get yourself not scumread
you and RCE aren't invited to perform for the play - you can still have tickets to view it though

VOTE: RCEnigma

~Eve
No thanks I think plays are dumb.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 549, Eevee wrote:Don’t you think it’s very very easy for scum to say something publicly that they could’ve said in the scum pt to seem townie?
I mean, sure it is, but I don’t think that normally happens very often even though it could

Also there’s the ovvious downside that even if it “looks town” it also runs the risk of town misinterpreting it as scummy and drawing negative attention. Plus like, the downside of letting town know that it’s possible and being on guard for it probably outweighs the negative utility?

Only case I see RCE doing that is if he already asked in private and got it confirmed it was impossible and THEN decided to ask about it solely for towncred

Also I have just realised I am now townreading RCE maybe?
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Eevee »

In post 558, Something_Smart wrote:What about the replace-out is scum indicative?
Porkens is nervous when playing scum and doesn't seem to enjoy it as much as town - see his last scum game (treestump 1)

secondly he /inned to two more games straight after replacing out of this one

i'll have a look at snow now Menalque

~Eve
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 562, RCEnigma wrote:No thanks I think plays are dumb.
I say that and then RCE had to turn up and make posts like these
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 550, Eevee wrote:Also it just occurred to me that A50’s defence was suspicious given the gamestate. Why else do you have RCE as a strong townread, A50?

~Eva
Why would I have to have ANOTHER reason? I know RCE well enough I can tell if that particular post comes from a town or a scum mindset. It's not like this is my first/second/fifth game with him.

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:13 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 565, Menalque wrote:
In post 562, RCEnigma wrote:No thanks I think plays are dumb.
I say that and then RCE had to turn up and make posts like these
It's a gift, truly.
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Eevee »

yeah Snow has been scummy actually
she's playing to her scum meta of having plenty of reads early and there's none of that free flowing paranoia that comes with her towngame
and the fredrick unvote and RCE votes are both bad

don't mind that wagon either

~Eve
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 551, Eevee wrote:Possibly against the spirit of the game, but Porken’s replace out being very scum indicative lingers in my mind...

~Eva
That is fair. I did suspect Porkens (and I think I said so in this thread) as I was catching up. RCE's [lay simply proved me wrong, and I'm willing to bet the game on this one in particular.

You see, there are players I can read with a higher accuracy because they play more or less like me. I wouldn't have asked this in public as scum. I would have been way too cautious to draw attention to myself in that manner. I would have also paid attention to my own win con and I always try to look very reasonable as scum. RCE isn't a noob and he knows what's at stake.

But you know what? We can win one of 3 ways:

1- Double eliminate scum on D1/D2. I think this one is the hardest of our options. We first need to eliminate a red one today (that's the hard part) and if we do then we would have to choose correctly between the remaining 7 (after 5 get confirmed) which is statistically easier (2/7 is higher odds than 3/13)

2- Eliminate one red on D1/D2 and then another one on D3/D4. This is actually our best shot. With 1 Scum eliminated we get 5 confirmed townies, and with one townie eliminated we have SIX to eliminate from (2 of them are Mafia) and we only need ONE red elimination to win.

3- Eliminate no Scum on D1/D2 and then eliminate one on D3/D4. The difference here is we won't have any confirmations, so we will be hunting for 1 of 2 Scums in a pool of 10 players.

So, if you wish to go after RCE, be my guest. If he flips red and I go next, it'd actually be scenario 2. The problem is if he flips green it might lead to YOUR elimination next, and I'm not sure scum!you would be this aggressive over what I think is a void case.

So here's what I propose: Eliminate someone else, and then if we do have a red flip today we can eliminate RCE tomorrow if you insist. If he flips red we win outright and he flips green we are on course of the best scenario still.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 568, Eevee wrote:yeah Snow has been scummy actually
she's playing to her scum meta of having plenty of reads early and there's none of that free flowing paranoia that comes with her towngame
and the fredrick unvote and RCE votes are both bad

don't mind that wagon either

~Eve
If it ain't on RCE (or the other slot I TR with confidence) I'm down.

VOTE: snowblaze

L-2

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Ugh I wish I had just found time to play yesterday because now I'm playing catch-up

What are the wagons rn?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Kind of busy until Monday but I'll make time for this game since it's so close to deadline
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 571, Umlaut wrote:Ugh I wish I had just found time to play yesterday because now I'm playing catch-up

What are the wagons rn?
Snowblaze: 2 votes to execution
RCEnigma: 2 votes to execution
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

-