northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.25
Mohab500
(4):
Eevee (), Raya36 (), Snowblaze (), Ydrasse ()
Snowblaze
(3):
Montosh (), Almost50 (), RCEnigma ()
Titus
(3):
Fredrick A Campbell (), Umlaut (), Menalque ()
Ydrasse
(1):
Titus ()
RCEnigma
(1):
Mohab500 ()

Not Voting
(1):
Something_Smart ()

With 13 alive, it’s 7 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-16 11:50:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 765, Menalque wrote:
NSG, what happens if the remaining slots that need to be filled haven't filled by the time deadline comes round? could we get a freeze on the deadline or something until those slots are filled?
I won't be freezing the deadline, but I will offer the option of a deadline extension to the replacement should one be found before the day ends.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by Snowblaze »

Oh, right, we have a third wagon now. Trying to work out what that means for my chances of survival.

Also trying to work out whether Titus’s vote makes sense from either alignment, and coming to the conclusion of “no, it doesn’t”.

As town, surely she’d be wanting to vote for whichever of me/Mohab she thinks is most likely to be scum, considering she believes one of us is scum; but as scum the only reason she has not to hop on a wagon is that both of us are scum, which I know to be false - and, if she’s desperately trying to save both of her partners, she’d surely offer a better explanation than “Because why not?”

With that said, I’m slightly concerned at the speed this wagon appeared, but I am townreading everyone on it. Anyway, I know none of them are trying to protect scum!me, and if they were protecting scum!Mohab it would be far easier to just jump on me...

I’m confused.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by Montosh »

Alright more of this, a bit later than I initially anticipated. Also I realized I never did this so:

UNVOTE:
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:26 pm

Post by Montosh »

Unlike Eevee I have no meta on which to say Mohab is doing this intentionally, but just from looking through their profile a bit it does seem unlikely that someone who's played a decent number of games in the last 2 years would be so lost.
I'm generally on board with lurker!scum so yeah. I like the series of posts here from Menalque. Some meta reads/justifications that I can't corroborate but I like the logic generally.
Damn it more meta. This is what I get for only popping on the site every few months.
Not caring about a game seems so NAI in general that I honestly can't see why it's even being brought up. Hell as someone who prefers to play as scum myself, it tends to be a little town-indicative for me. I don't know about RCE but in general that seems pretty not AI.
The suji/SS slot has been essentially null up to now so I would have wanted an explanation too.
A50 I love this post but I also think it's a bit... reachy. But hey that's just me. Also my slight agreement with the likelihood of lurker/inactive scum predisposes me to think that a scum PT wouldn't be super active even early on. But hey who knows.
I'm generally a believer in putting your thoughts out in the open as town but I can understand RCE's mindset in this setup and I'm glad A50 pointed it out.
This feels overly cautious and weird. Why don't you have any scumreads? No one stands out to you in that regard snow?
I'm with RCE here. If there was a way for scum to do this then it only benefits town to know. Scum wouldn't need to make it public, and could just keep it to themselves and their PT
Yeah I don't follow eevee here. The whole point was that scum!RCE has no motivation to do that. I don't think it gives them town points but it's not scummy.
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:46 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 767, Almost50 wrote:
In post 766, RCEnigma wrote:I like the Titus vote tbh.
I must be getting dumber by the minute, but I can't tell if by "the Titus vote" you're referring to hers on Ydrasse or Fredrick's on her.
Sorry I meant Fredericks on Titus.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:52 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

@mod
super cute avatar.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:00 pm

Post by Montosh »

Agreed about not liking snow's first post. Very hedging (and still is at the point of this post). Not sure about Ydrasse, mostly having trouble getting much out of their posts in terms of AI stuff at all.
This post from snow feels wrong. The pointing out how she feels about their wagon just strikes me as trying too hard to seem town-ish and seem like they don't care one way or the other.
And then snow seems to start caring when they're at L-1. I do agree with the convo with Frederick that scum really don't benefit in general from trying to distance themselves here. The 5 confirmed town would seem to be a relatively big deal. I'm kind of okay with the logic of snow's later posts, what I don't like it the self-deprecation. Feels manipulative.
That Mohab ISO that eevee posted doesn't look great for Mohab. There seems to be relatively confident analysis of the mechanics there.
This is pretty silly from Menalque. People can make up their own minds about who they think is vulnerable.
Good post, good case on snow. I initially liked because I liked her going through the logic. I do think that, on reflection, there's less there than I initially thought, though I still kind of like the post. The hedging and lack of scumreads still worries me though.
The tone is bad from snow. The moment a post starts to feel like it's trying to make me feel bad for the poster is the moment I get more suspicious.
Frankly I don't see a difference between the snow scum games eevee posted and her game here. The effort seems about consistent. Maybe slightly less but not significantly so.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 732, Snowblaze wrote:Cool, still not dead.

Scattered thoughts:
I’m not liking how much of my wagon is just “let’s follow Menalque, he’s the only one with an actual strong opinion”.
That does not appear to be the wagon like, at all.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:10 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 734, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 718, Menalque wrote:@ydrasse I just don’t really get why those things make her not scummy. Like if pressure leads to content production but it’s a struggle for scum!snow to come up with realistic scumreads, why would that not manifest as coming up with more detailed but still very non-commital reads?

Also, the self-preserving thing is super null in a situation like this. If I’m town then I’m gonna vote for self-pres even if I think the three person is town because, hey, I might be wrong about them but I know what my role PM is. If I’m scum I’m gonna vote them cause I don’t wanna die. And do you really think snow has enough traction in this game to lead a wagon on anyone new here? Besides which, she doesn’t even have a scumresd to lead said wagon on
fmpov it's like... continuing to offer non-commital reads is a very overtly scummy thing to do? you're refusing to take a stance and if snowblaze were scum i'd imagine she'd try to scrounge up something of a solidified scumread on something. despite not being able to start a new wagon — which i think a snowblaze of either alignment recognizes would not pan out — i guess i just see it as a place where it would be of more benefit to vaguely scumread someone instead of saying "this person is towny, i lean towny on this person" over and over and push herself into a place where she votes
only
out of self preservation.

i recognize that self-preservation is relatively NAI, but it's the fact that she hasn't come up with that scumread yet that makes me townread her more than mohab whose content is well. yeah.

given that we're getting a replacement though for mohab, hopefully it'll be easier to parse that slot. right now though i'm mohab > snow tho.
I feel like it's not uncommon for there to be an instinct for scum, especially new-ish scum, to want to try and not rock the boat and be very cautious so as not to stand out. I don't see that as particularly difficult to imagine. And once pushed she has offered some more reads.

Can someone explain the Titus wagon. It seems to have been prompted by their late Ydrasse vote?
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by Montosh »

Anyway yeah after that I basically agree with my predecessor so

VOTE: Snowblaze
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:13 pm

Post by Montosh »

(Quick aside, why are people using E-X and G-X to refer to lynches? I don't remember this being a thing)
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:46 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

The site is trying to move away from using the term lynch in favor of execution or elimination.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:46 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

G being guillotine I assume.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:04 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 784, Montosh wrote:Can someone explain the Titus wagon. It seems to have been prompted by their late Ydrasse vote?
There is meta involved in part.
In post 681, Titus wrote:No pressure. Love the competing wagons. I suspect S v T given the harsh nature of lynching scum against them.

Can someone sub up the reasons for each wagon?
There isn't any basis for this but this post isn't necessarily alignment indicative. It does make sense , especially fmpov , and would point towards snow!scum over Mohab. My issue is that it completely disregards that I could be scum this game which would likely make Snow the town counterwagon piloted by partners throwing pressure away from me, the grouping there would be something like me + A50, Holden or me +A50, menalque.
In post 697, Titus wrote:Looking at the VCs alone, I postulate a snow Frederick Ydrasse team.
I could see Fred omgussing off this post but I'll let him speak on it if he wants. This is the meta part, Titus uses VCA heavily so if nothing else this post feels obligatory. Scum!Titus flipping would probably mean she's playing towards the crowd familiar with her. It could come from either alignment so it isn't damning but there isn't any follow up or process being shared to support the fos.
In post 698, Titus wrote:I'll do one for Mohab!scum in a bit.
This is possibly an after thought, she would have to play some kind of devil's advocate to appear like the VCA statement is leading to a solve. I could be blowing smoke and I don't think timestamps will make this more firm as an accusation but I'll check for the sake of it.
In post 759, Titus wrote:VOTE: Ydrasse

Because why not
It's already been stated why this is a weird vote and I think Umlaut articulated it best. There isn't a reason to fish wagons outside of the leading 2 when you think 1 of them is scum.

Besides that I think the biggest thing is that Titus repping in has had no impact on the gamestate. People are still content with the wagons that were leading and the only addition is shifty play out of Titus drawing attention there as well.

She isn't a weak player and a town!Titus rep in is disruptive for scum at any stage in the game. Overall I'm just kind of underwhelmed.
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:08 pm

Post by Snowblaze »

In post 751, Snowblaze wrote:Umlaut:
- says he "doesn't hate" my wagon in ;
- decides to instead start the Mohab wagon in and advocates her elimination.
- switches to Titus based on the Ydrasse vote.

Fredrick:
- votes me based on Holden's post in ;
- switches to Mohab in based on an earlier post;
- switches off-wagon to Ydrasse in
- starts Titus wagon in
Something_Smart:
- votes for me on Menalque's request in ;
- unvotes in ;
- declares he's okay with Mohab dying but not with eliminating an empty slot in

Eevee:
- Eva head votes for me in based on Holden's post;
- Eve head switches to RCE in ;
- Eve claims not to mind my wagon in ;
- Eve votes for Mohab in ;
- both heads proceed to scumread Mohab and push the wagon; Eve finds me townier

Menalque has... made his stance pretty clear, he wants me dead. Doesn't particularly mind the Mohab elimination of itself, but thinks it's a counterwagon to scum!me. He does then switch to Titus based on the Ydrasse vote.

RCEnigma:
- votes for me in
- unvotes to see my analysis
- revotes on Menalque's request

Montosh, having caught up, continues his predecessor's stance of advocating my death.

Titus has yet to give a firm stance, although implies she thinks I'm more likely to be scum than Mohab. She votes for Ydrasse, because "why not?"

Ydrasse:
- votes me in
- encourages me to produce analysis
- switches to Mohab in
- argues that I could be town

Raya36:
- townreads parts of my content
- doesn't want me eliminated
- joins Mohab wagon despite a push on Eevee earlier

Almost50
- votes me in
- doesn't really care which of me/Mohab is eliminated.

I'm running out of time, so I'm afraid this post will have to be blatant IIOA. I'll analyse the information tomorrow.
Tomorrow has arrived. Although the dynamics have changed a bit with the Titus wagon now. I've added the events since I made the above post to the quote.

Assuming scum!Mohab

I was going to say this would look very bad for Menalque... and then he switched to Titus. Which, if he's trying to protect Mohab, makes very little sense when he could continue pushing me instead.

With that possibility removed, I'd say the scum on my wagon would be more likely in {Something_Smart, Almost50, possibly RCE}... although A50 makes less sense as scum without RCE... but two of those three as Mohab's scum partners, fairly sure.

Assuming town!Mohab

I'm as good as dead day two if Mohab is eliminated and flips town, so I'm really hoping this isn't the case, but...
- the Titus wagon looks worse as it could be an attempt to distance from a miselimination
- anyone taking stances of "I'm fine with both of these wagons..." is more suspicious... oh wait, that's half the player base. That is a slight issue.
- going more on instinct here, but I think scum would want to be taking different stances, one or two defending me/attacking Mohab and one or two the other way around, to make it easier to chain-eliminate both of us.

If there's scum defending me I think Raya is the most likely, and then I'd need to look back through the thread, try and work out possible partners...

...I think I've worked out why some people don't like pre-flip associatives. If Mohab dies today I'll at least know which world I should be working in, and I can try and get a better grip on this game.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:58 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 789, RCEnigma wrote:...
In post 697, Titus wrote:Looking at the VCs alone, I postulate a snow Frederick Ydrasse team.
I could see Fred omgussing off this post but I'll let him speak on it if he wants. This is the meta part, Titus uses VCA heavily so if nothing else this post feels obligatory. Scum!Titus flipping would probably mean she's playing towards the crowd familiar with her. It could come from either alignment so it isn't damning but there isn't any follow up or process being shared to support the fos.
I wasn't.
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:07 am

Post by Snowblaze »

So if it’s not OMGUS, what made you vote for Titus? Her vote for the same person you were voting for at the time?
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:32 am

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 792, Snowblaze wrote:So if it’s not OMGUS, what made you vote for Titus? Her vote for the same person you were voting for at the time?
Exactly.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

UNVOTE:

I am undecided.

I want to vote mohab for the mere replace out (unless you want me to lie about the real reason). I just hate that.
I also wan to vote Titus because "reasons".

The one thing I know is I am unsure Snow is scum here, because he is more composed that I would have expected scum to be. The drawback is I have no meta/previous experience on him either.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 789, RCEnigma wrote:Besides that I think the biggest thing is that Titus repping in has had no impact on the gamestate. People are still content with the wagons that were leading and the only addition is shifty play out of Titus drawing attention there as well.
Yup. No impact on gamestate...

Wagons draw equally to vote me. Hmph.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:48 am

Post by Titus »

Pretty sure Fredrick and Y are scum now btw but Y isn't online.

There's no reason for Fredrick to stop bussing if he's getting what he wanted.

There was no bad result to come from voting Fredrick at all. It tests my theories. So why not vote Y.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

Since you are here. can you please tell us what your VCA assuming mohab is Scum revealed to you? I want to know why you voted ydrasse over the two leading wagons at the time.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:50 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Snowblaze

Time to end the game. GG scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:52 am

Post by Titus »

In post 797, Almost50 wrote:Since you are here. can you please tell us what your VCA assuming mohab is Scum revealed to you? I want to know why you voted ydrasse over the two leading wagons at the time.
I was testing Fredrick Ydrasse Snowblaze.

If Fredrick really wanted Y dead, he'd be happy with my vote. Instead, he chainsaws it. Fredrick was just trying to dismantle the snow wagon with a throwaway vote on scum to foil VCA.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Open Games”