Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by Psyche »

413 gets even more suspicious if bugspray flips town, as i now suspect will happen given what i've seen against them
You can't step in the same river twice.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by bugspray »

VOTE: looker thats pretty convincing tbh and also i just personally dislike looker
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 421, bugspray wrote:
In post 416, bugspray wrote:
In post 411, Psyche wrote:
In post 249, Psyche wrote:
In post 246, bugspray wrote:VOTE: psyche I agree he's fucking weird in a scum way
can you try going into a little detail
bugspray also never attempted an explanation of his vote for me, not even after being prompted. even if he's town, it just doesn't advance the gamestate to float along like this. and in the end it's an example of the sort of play that got him to L-1. osuka's not been as bad, but it's the same category of lazy bullshit.
my pronouns are they/them

psyche you're doing a lot of active posting and interaction for someone who said that they need to sit back and look at gamestate
scum loves to make up an excuse to fuck off but its very easy (i know this from ersonal experience) to actualyl fuck off as promised and instead gets into this weird petty argument you have with osuka
In post 419, Psyche wrote:maybe you should make one actual post
see quoted

maybe you should express remorse over misgendering me
no, like, really, he's right. you really should make one actual post

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by bugspray »

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

weird meme to be posting for yourself
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 429, Dunnstral wrote:weird meme to be posting for yourself
i had to

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 430, bugspray wrote:
i had to
it's a shit meme

just like the game you've been playing

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 431, osuka wrote:
i had to
it's a shit meme

nobody on this website thinks mafia is good

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 432, bugspray wrote:
In post 431, osuka wrote:
i had to
it's a shit meme

nobody on this website thinks mafia is good
nobody in this game thinks your mafia is good, either

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by Psyche »

0verki11 has provided a lot of reads but has made no effort to explain them, leaving them mostly useless for town except far into the future when people starting doing VCA. The player's iso also lacks any votes or other substance. I expect a replacement later but if that doesn't happen the top explanation for this pattern gradually gets more suspicious. Definitely not a good candidate for a D1 lynch.

dunn's iso looks comfortable-in-his-own-skin enough that though i also fault it for being overly terse i do find it pretty town-aligned. the basis of this impression is that i see him reasoning w/o really making a big deal about his reasoning. in particular, seeing ghosts of fair, substantive reasons to vote bugspray that at least match my impression of the strength of the case against them. dunn would probably ramp up his contributions if some pressure were put on him, cementing this read on him.

gypyx's also rather comfortable-in-his-own-skin, but more active. his #90 (explaining that redtea defending truth rules out a redtea/truth duo because of how vulnerable truth is to a lynch) is his first interesting post and pings as a sincere attempt at sorting. #143 where he argues against targetting an investigative role at Truth seems even more to suggest that he's deeply considering the ramifications of his town-lean on the player, though I'm not sure if I wholly agree with the reasoning. #143 does have some typos that make it unclear whether he's suggesting 1) Truth not be investigated or 2) Truth's investigation result not be announced; the former would be a bit more suspicious given the content of his observation in #90, but only vaguely. ...Just scrolling through the rest of his posts, Gypyx seems a pretty easy townread; everything he posts seems organic but useful too. His readlist is credible - not in the sense that I agree with it per se, but in the sense that I can see where it's coming from and that it makes sense from the course of Gypyx's iso. Very easy townread overall.

LQ is town. I don't have to read his iso, nice.

Am suspicious of Looker for sure. But only for the reasons I've already listed. I do think I accidentally exaggerated the weakness of his basis for his bugspray vote - he also posted some things about survivalposting. I'm not very impressed by it, because if someone (such as bugspray) disagrees with bugspray's stance on survivalposting, it's not a good bellweather for reads anymore.

Nash is quite null. I'm a little surprised I don't townread it harder. Not much in the iso to talk about though. I disagree pretty decidedly with most of his more substantive posts, and maybe that's why I'm only nullreading instead of townreading, but atm I don't think so.

I've already engaged a lot w/ redtea's material and feel kind of exhausted by it now. Their iso seems the most substantive that I've scrolled through so far, and even while I disagree with their reads and broad interpretation of the game,

Nothing about osuka's reactions to my push on him really increased my confidence in my scumread of him. Its underlying basis still exists, but the alternative explanation for his posts (personality) has enhanced relative probability and I don't have many other options for building on the existing case. Looker seems more suspicious than Osuka atm, but that's not to say that the basis for my looker read feels vastly stronger than the basis for my osuka read did. Lots more investigation to go.

superbowl9's iso looks fine, but its sunny tone might be causing me to townlean on it more than I should. Not a lot there to comment on though; I will look for some sort of line of investigation in the future though.

walter's iso pings me as scummy, but only in an ethereal kind of way. I don't understand people who call arguments "t v s" without specifying who is who; how do reads like that even happen? the iso otherwise has a lot of posts but is quite noncommital. This suggests to me a lack of imagination that I've seen associated w/ floating scum. Otoh scum have a small advantage in the imagination area by being allowed to throw any old idea against the wall and not worry if it's accurate or not. I haven't gotten good at sorting this kind of player yet.

I think I appreciate the case against bugspray more; there's been a lot of rationale behind it that I didn't integrate into a broader whole because each piece wasn't presented as some coherent case. I still don't think it amounts to much, but there's not a lot else to run on either. In the absence of stronger scumsignaling by other players, it makes sense that a lot of people would gravitate toward a player like bugspray. I don't feel confident enough in my townread to oppose their lynch, but I still believe we all should try harder to use our time to generate content to find and lynch someone more positively scummy. In the absence of that, a somewhat PoE-based lynch like bugspray could be something to settle for I guess?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by Psyche »

jesus that post looks long why did i join this game im working on a saturday
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Psyche »

If I were pretending I had strong scumreads on anyone, I'd probably pick walter and looker. But when I think about pushing lynches on those folk, I suspect my will would eventually break.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Psyche »

looker being v/la always makes him a poor focus for a push. feeling a little lost.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by bugspray »

but i will try to contribute to getting scum lynched
VOTE: psyche
going to repark my vote here for now and then actually fuck off until i have a somewhat comprehensible readlist

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by bugspray »

do u ever make a post and get pedited and not notice

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:51 pm

Post by Psyche »

alright this exhausting. think i'll be your other IC.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:09 am

Post by redtea »

Sorry my back was turned for a bit there. So I don't know what my thoughts on bugspray are at the moment or what all developments have been made, but with this accusation that bugspray hasn't made posts of content followed by a quick skim of their iso, either that is correct or bugspray has been making short but sweet interactions and iirc has definitely made some that fall under the latter. Which brings me to think psyche and osuka are targeting their playstyle and dressing it up as less than it is.
The fact that this is coming from psyche and osuka, two of my biggest sus reads.
I don't know if anyone else's in their corner on this issue rn or not because I have to read shit, but this is definitely affecting my view of them, specifically, and not in a good way.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:10 am

Post by redtea »

"Not in a good way", as in, "reinforcing my maf read".
*Old account here
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Psyche »

Your reads are wrong. About to prove it.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:22 am

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

In post 441, redtea wrote:Sorry my back was turned for a bit there. So I don't know what my thoughts on bugspray are at the moment or what all developments have been made, but with this accusation that bugspray hasn't made posts of content followed by a quick skim of their iso, either that is correct or bugspray has been making short but sweet interactions and iirc has definitely made some that fall under the latter. Which brings me to think psyche and osuka are targeting their playstyle and dressing it up as less than it is.
The fact that this is coming from psyche and osuka, two of my biggest sus reads.
I don't know if anyone else's in their corner on this issue rn or not because I have to read shit, but this is definitely affecting my view of them, specifically, and not in a good way.
Redtea, out of the top 5 posters and there has been a disparity, do you believe both are scum ?
To me the chances seem low that both are scum, Which one do you think is most likely?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:15 am

Post by osuka »

In post 441, redtea wrote:So I don't know what my thoughts on bugspray are at the moment or what all developments have been made, but with this accusation that bugspray hasn't made posts of content followed by a quick skim of their iso, either that is correct or bugspray has been making short but sweet interactions and iirc has definitely made some that fall under the latter. Which brings me to think psyche and osuka are targeting their playstyle and dressing it up as less than it is.
can you elaborate on what precisely we're targeting about their playstyle and what we're dressing up as what exactly?

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:18 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 434, Psyche wrote:I don't feel confident enough in my townread to oppose [bugspray's]
lynch
elim, but I still believe we all should try harder to use our time to generate content to find and
lynch
elim someone more positively scummy
Just based on votes, I think that someone else is you dude
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:19 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Also let me just say that I thought bugspray's meme was good :(
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:21 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Third POO - why are we saying "plenty of time till deadline"??? We have a day and a half
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:50 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Where I am on the game right now:

Firstly I don't think it would be beneficial for us to let the bugspray wagon fall apart so close to deadline - we're just going to scramble to find someone to elim and end up elimming bugspray later anyways. Why waste a future day with more bugspray to just hastily scramble to elim today? (Psyche and bugspray equity noted here )

There's a few people who I want more from/are on my to push list when this long af bugspray wagon actually ends, including Nash, Overkill, Dunn, and Looker. I think Psyche/osuka has been at the forefront for a little too long (again supporting my idea that this isn't staged SvS), and that because of this some people have been slipping under the radar - that's where I'm going to try to focus D2.

I think I forgot to mention this but if bugspray does flip scum gypyx's and look very opportunistic.

Even though Psyche tried to townbloc himself (as the second largest wagon LMAO), I think the most deservedly town by far is redtea - they've been aggressive from the jump which I just see as way too bold for scum to try and pull off.

I've also been getting just a gut suspicious feeling from Walter's posts ever since they actually started producing content, that's something I will read back over and hopefully explore D2 as well.

Lastly it would really help to have lickety back - he was actually one of the more productive players while he was posting. Lickety if you see this come back pls :'(

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”