[1] shellyc:
Bell
[1] Bell:
shellyc
[1] Tayl0r Swift
PookyTheMagicalBear

[4] Not Voting:
Gloria Cleary, MUSHSHAGANA, Zdenek, Flea The Magician

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to curse someone with the scroll. If there is no majority by the deadline, the mafia will choose who to curse.

The cursing deadline is in (expired on 2020-10-28 03:35:35).

Joint moderator ISO.
Last edited by Hectic on Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:10 am

Post by Hectic »

Hectic rubbed his eyes. It'd been another really long day at work and it was the 8th time he'd had to work overtime this week.

The phone rang, snapping him out of his self-pity. Slowly, Hectic answered, expecting the worst.

Unfortunately, there was no snuggly duckling on the other end.

"It's me."

Hectic chewed on his trusty pencil. "And who would that be?"

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let Flopz go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

The line went dead. Hectic sat in silence, contemplating the heavy implications of what he'd just heard. The administration was holding Flopz captive? And whoever had just called was trying to free him? He should probably let someone know.

At the end, he decided not to tell any of the listmods. After all, he didn't want to get in trouble.

Last edited by Hectic on Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1744, shellyc wrote: - pov with the confirmation of daytalk is a maybe townslip, because they know town was supposed to confirm daytalk
as i mentioned earlier

the sample town rolecard actually lists what town is supposed to confirm
and i would assume also what mafia is supposed to confirm considering what it asks
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:12 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1736, Hopkirk wrote:Hey MURDERCAT, Hectic knows how jealous I am of his adorable cat, no point trying to pretend I'm not, so I'm going to be blunt. If you want to sheep me from now on instead of Lady I've got a slot open.
I have left "blindly sheep a town read mode" unfortunately. I know the only thing I'm posting right now is me trying to engage with Noraa (which I have officially given up on), but I do actually have some deeper thoughts. But it's still my opinion that we are clogging the thread and the time post pass is more valuable.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:13 am

Post by Bell »

Been reading, the most important thing I need to correct is that FF is not a sidekick. She is a titan.
Of trajectory.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:13 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1720, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 1542, Tayl0r Swift wrote:does anyone else feel like alpine's reads are pretty artificial?

for example he says "ever since this post i guess i scumread noraa"
a townie would say "ever since rereading i scumread noraa"
Feels like talking style, got any meta to show it isn't?
I liked the effortposting when she was going through all the game and giving her thoughts. It had a sincere tone, and I kind of liked her towards the end of my interactions with her yesterday.
In post 1546, Hectic wrote:
Titus replaces VaultDweller! Give her the welcome of warmest.
Welcome Titus :D
Thanks for subbing in. It's an intimidating game with a lot of players and pages, short deadlines, and a massive amount of spectators. Kind of scary to play in a game with so many people watching and judging, especially when you think about who they are. I mean look at that spectator list:

PenguinPower- I can only imagine how much they're roasting us all right now. The spectator topic is probably full of stuff like 'The best way to resolve our problem with getting sign ups in the newbie queue is probably to let some of these guys sign up as newbies. What does Hopkirk even think he's doing lol.'

skitter30- Highly underappreciated player and spectator imo.

Andycyca- Too cunning to be caught signing up to spectate in the actual sign ups thread, but I still caught you. Don't feel too bad about it, I'm a highly skilled paranormal investigator :cop:

Gypyx- Incredibly cunning player. He knows how much Finland trusts me and is probably spectating the game purely for those codes. Naturally we manage to thwart those fiendish schemes of his every Saturday morning, but you've got to respect that level of dedication. In fact I'm willing to give you Sweden's as a reward for the persistence: 8765 5442 9499 1739

Cabd- What can I even say about this guy. I considered subbing out when I saw that spectate sign up. What a player. Just wow.

fferyllt- Cabd's sidekick and possible apprentice may seem non threatening at first, but don't be fooled. I feel like any day now she's going to show us all that she's taken everything Cabd's taught us as vastly improved on it. Then we'll all be sorry. We'll all see.

Syryana- I think we all remember this guy from his classic post back in the 'stop fakeclaim as town!: the case for
lethal
all liars'. Can you believe it's already been 1789 days 14 hours? Wow, time sure flies.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64420&user_select[]=20972
I can barely imagine how he'd feel about Noraa if he were in this game.

Ydrasse- :oops: :oops: :oops:

petapan- I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure who this is, and I'm fairly sure none of the other spectators are Hectic alts. Got a strong Hectic alt read on this slot.
hopkirk 100% scum for readlisting the specslist now
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:13 am

Post by Hopkirk »

My definition of 'vibing' is more 'would I give the person single point finger guns (both hands obviously) if this was irl mafia'.

Also, to clarify my position on Noraa- it's currently 'likely to flip scum at maybe 60% odds, but even if those were 30% odds I'd still be happy giving it the third lethal.' I'm just assuming we make her the final scrolled atm.
In post 1740, shellyc wrote:
In post 1731, Hopkirk wrote:Are you seeing Pooky vs Taylor as TvT or TvS
wanna comment on this: I TR'd both pooky/taylor and am pretty sold on that being a town conflict
pooky was one of the drivers of noraa wagon, pushed scum!bell with me
taylor is always town imo, no way they would WK a scum buddy in that position

pooky failing to engage with others and hyperfocusing on taylor reads pretty townie counterintuitively as scum is aiming to shade as many people as possible since they have no proper nightkill
I'm at TvT for it now too after the Pooky reconsideration yeah.
In post 1746, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 1717, Hopkirk wrote:Did you ever do this or nah?
Yes. I'm still in the "don't share too much" mode because I think I'm pretty widely town read and I'm likely a contender for a scroll when scum is hit. So as long as that's true and I've expressed who I want to flip and others agree (Noraa), I'm chilling.
You definitely don't get hit before Lady and a couple of other people it's probably best not to mention imo. I'm also very opposed to the idea of not sharing reads to avoid a NK. If we just solid townblock and do a POE today that's much better than the 'stay low until later in the game' when you're honestly more likely to eat a scroll since we'll have lost some of the bigger voices.

Given the scroll on Noraa is the better strat for dealing with the slot, we still need to pick an actual Lethal. I'd like as many second opinions as I can get on that, so any thoughts would be useful.

I'm assuming you hard townread me right now though right?
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:14 am

In post 1734, Titus wrote:Yes but I don't see how that's relevant. Taylor dies whether or not in first secord or third. I'd like to avoid that. Hopefully by wagoning Pooky, we get him to talk about things elsewhere. Otherwise, we accept Pooky!scum, Taylor is the sacrifice who hopefully eliminates Noraa.
can you stop that thanks
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:14 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 1756, Hopkirk wrote:You definitely don't get hit before Lady and a couple of other people it's probably best not to mention imo. I'm also very opposed to the idea of not sharing reads to avoid a NK. If we just solid townblock and do a POE today that's much better than the 'stay low until later in the game' when you're honestly more likely to eat a scroll since we'll have lost some of the bigger voices.

Given the scroll on Noraa is the better strat for dealing with the slot, we still need to pick an actual Lethal. I'd like as many second opinions as I can get on that, so any thoughts would be useful.

I'm assuming you hard townread me right now though right?
im suggesting bell/uno

unos posting has taken a turn for the worse today
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:15 am

Post by shellyc »

imo, what uno is doing feels like questioning to fakesolve rather than actually giving opinions and/or conclusions to people's alignments

UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:15 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 1748, shellyc wrote: p-edit no we are not having a misunderstanding, I agree with the contents of that post
So you think that:
- Theta dropped a town tell by sharing info about town role PM that mafia may not know
- That Isis town read Theta solely because they picked up on this
- That a town player would pick up on these two things and think that suggests mafia did not know about the day-talk confirmation request and therefore conclude that Isis and Theta are town.
- That specifically I would make these connections and therefore not even be slightly suspicious of Isis
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:16 am

Post by Bell »

As for fidget, I’m not building a case as to why those sorts of large posts are scum motivated or how shelly’s reaction is exactly the sort of thing that those posts are designed to incite feelings in. It’s not strong though! And he insisted that this is the first time I’ve met a town player that makes a post like that and I don’t feel super inclined to disbelieve them.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'm happy with a Uno lethal right now, but I'm going to have to take a quick detour on Fidget.

I'm looking at this for the town/deepwolf block:
Hopkirk
Lady
Taylor
Vaxkiller
Mush
Zdenek
MURDERCAT
Shelly
PookyTheMagicalBear
Titus
Theta

If you're one of the other nine then :mad:
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:19 am

Post by shellyc »

uno what is the point of asking me to follow up on something that i have made clear

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Bell »

Sorry, why is uno scum?
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:19 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 1762, Hopkirk wrote:Hopkirk
Lady
Taylor
Vaxkiller
Mush
Zdenek
MURDERCAT
Shelly
PookyTheMagicalBear
Titus
Theta
seems fine but the other nine seems like the lurker block?

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:20 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Pooky - Is that last comment about my spectator list a Mastina or a Hectic?
In post 1495, Bell wrote:No, to me it seemed like a contradiction. I had a thought (he is lying), but like a good truth finder I decided to directly ask him rather than just go for one explanation out of many.
His explanation was 1) unexpected and 2) Makes sense. So I'm glad I asked.
@Hopkirk, why aren't you a fan? Besides zdenek and you? tho, your read on zdenek makes no sense to me.
Hi Bell, I asked you to follow up and be more specific on which parts didn't make sense. Not sure if you were getting to this or missed it, but want to bring it up again.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:20 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 1763, shellyc wrote:uno what is the point of asking me to follow up on something that i have made clear
I'm not clear how you can agree with that post.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:20 am

In post 1723, Hopkirk wrote:@Pooky - town Taylor would never accept this because she's getting the first lethal and you're getting the second. If she 90% scumreads you then it's a terrible trade for her to trade her own life and a strong townread (who scum you would scroll) as opposed to giving you first or third lethal. Town her would definitely never consider this over Pooky-Taylor-X and this feels kind of obvious? Like neither alignment Taylor would consider it a good offer, and I feel it's hard to miss that it's objectively a terrible offer from her POV, and also worse than the other virtually identical offer.
This depends on your game-state read of Noraa - is Noraa currently locked in as 3rd elim or not? Do we need some kind of pseudo vote to decide this?

Also you fail to account for T-Swift's feelings about me - if she is 95% SR me and I'm a higher influence slot in that I'm driving a lot of the action - it absolutely makes sense for her to 1:1 trade me out if she has little to no traction on my slot. - Look at the feeling Isis had about LLD in early d1 - if you're a townie and you see someone who you consider almost certainly scum being townread all over the place and driving people out left and right - you want to trade your life for theirs early to avoid them doing more damage.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:21 am

In post 1766, Hopkirk wrote:Pooky - Is that last comment about my spectator list a Mastina or a Hectic?
I don't know who Mastina is
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:21 am

Post by UNOwen »

Like think it is townie - yes
Actually follow the logic and agree with it - ????
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:21 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1760, UNOwen wrote:
In post 1748, shellyc wrote: p-edit no we are not having a misunderstanding, I agree with the contents of that post
So you think that:
- Theta dropped a town tell by sharing info about town role PM that mafia may not know
- That Isis town read Theta solely because they picked up on this
- That a town player would pick up on these two things and think that suggests mafia did not know about the day-talk confirmation request and therefore conclude that Isis and Theta are town.
- That specifically I would make these connections and therefore not even be slightly suspicious of Isis
that was not a town tell
the only reason i would even talk about it was because it was public information
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:22 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 1764, Bell wrote:Sorry, why is uno scum?
i dont have the WIM to do a full casing rn but uno basically tried and maximise townred through SR on noraa and seemingly wanting a lot of credit for it, the positioning around noraa was pretty bus-y, and their play today is trying to poke questions at me without actually solving or making conclusions

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:22 am

In post 1740, shellyc wrote:taylor is always town imo, no way they would WK a scum buddy in that position
haha you haven't played enough with taylor-scum
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:23 am

Post by Bell »

Also, my SR read of ShellyC is quite serious.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”