armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by armlx »

I do support lynching lurkers early game... but meh.
(BTW, I probably won't be much help early game, I get better later on)
I like the contradiction. Though I realize the later is true to your play style.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Posting and running to weigh in that I support Max, Battousai and Coron as explosions, more or less in that order, for reasons all already stated (Coron is a clear third, because of the volume and content of his posts); and that I think BM and M4yhem and Armlx are probably all town. Tar I have no sense of whatsoever.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

For those of you wailing on me for one post per day: School just started, I'm low on sleep, I'm a fairly slow poster, and it takes far more thought for me to play than mod. Not all of us reliably post multiple well-reasoned posts per day, you know. If you're town and attacking me for lurking, quit being an idiot.

For those of you who don't recognize the term, Information Instead of Analysis is a Tarhalindur Standard Tell

Players I would support being nuked today: Forbiddanlight, Mayhem, alvin, roughly in that order. Alvin gets on the list for the horrible opening post, the other two will need to be elaborated on (read: PBPA) in separate posts.

I'm going to withhold condemnation for Batt for now: he's been in a number of the games I've modded, so I have a decent meta on him, and I want to see more of his posting. More importantly, I want to see if he picks up the posting (lurking is NOT normal for Batt-town, and if he keeps it up for more than three or four real-life days I will be screaming for his head).

I want to see more out of Battle Mage before I try to draw any firm conclusions - he's hard for me to read even in the best of circumstances.

Coron reads town to me: I don't want to see him nuked.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Coron »

This post is fairly long, I'm sorry.
Battle Mage wrote: Lol, point taken. But seriously. Wth are you smoking? :D
English.
Battle Mage wrote:you aren't listening. My point which you just aren't getting is that when you post what you think, and it leaves alot to be desired, it not only makes you look scummy, but it WILL invoke questions like 'why do you think that?'. And btw, the insult was ironic. So chill-ax.
No, it's not scummy, yes people will ask me why I think that, then I'll explain why it's not protown for me to explain, then the person should drop it. Yes, that's you.
Battle Mage wrote:Evidently. But could you be a bit more subtle about kissing her ass? 0.o
'Queen'? 'DGB seems to be helping that along already', 'good work DGB!'
I didn't coin the word queen in regard to DGB. Seriously. Well, the other stuff was just what I thought, next time I'll post lots of things that I don't think. At first I saw DGB's post as her pushing for blowing stuff up like soon, then I wrote the first part, looked back over the post, and saw that DGB's intentions seemed to be the same as mine.
Battle Mage wrote:Ouch. An insult that wasn't even funny. I'm very disappointed Coron.
They
You
told me you were smart!
Those odds dont make for great reading. Assuming theres a 9/10 chance you're right, if town? I think you're being a tad optimistic. And EVEN THEN, the odds of your being right are only 75%. Not something id take for granted by any means. I think you just invalidated your own point. lol
What are the chances of me saying something that is true as scum? Not 0, well in this case, it's actually literally 0, because if I'm scum, it's not true. But seriously 9/10 is not THAT optimistic, seeing that all I'm calling is that armlx is town, which has a default probability of what? 3/4s did you say? I don't feel like looking it up, but the number was HYPOTHETICAL, HYPOTHETICAL, HYPOFREAKINGTHETICAL. Do you know what that means? I'm pretty sure I'm not making up that word(well, other than the one with freaking in the middle). Also, even *I* am not taking what I'm saying for *granted* I merely think there is an increased probability that armlx is town. Also, if I missed any highly experienced players please correct me.
Battle Mage wrote:No, that's not me. Either it's your imagination, or you just got a new playmate. And she's royalty. ;)
Oh, you're right, it's all those princesses I keep locked up in my dorm room.

-Coron.
TDC wrote:I'm all for blowing up Coron.
as much fun as dying within a day of starting a game is(I held the title for most night one deaths for a year!), I'd rather get a chance to blow the shit out of someone.
TDC wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Interesting choice, why?
He's well within his self-proclaimed scum-meta:
Coron wrote:On lurker lynching, on analysing around 2/3rds of my own games, which admittedly were mostly minis, I found that I have fewer posts per game day as TOWN, and more as scum.
First, now that I know, it obv changes, and the difference is around uh... 3 posts per game day(which is admittedly around 20%, yeah games were shorter back on the day).

Also, part of this whole thing is my first game ever, which I had like 4 times my average posts per day, and ended as scum. Yeah, basically that arguement holds no water.

If you want other random metas on me, let me know, you might find out that I post less as cop, then realize that that's not a role in this game!

On a more serious note, if I restrict it to games that ended 06 or later, which will eliminate the time when I was a noobish noob, the numbers magically reverse.

So basically I'm using a meta of myself here as a sample "meta of person", I mean, not all people are the same, and I'm certainly not a typical scummer, but it's a start point at least.

Fun with spreadsheets! It's fun! Try it sometime!

FWIW, my 2 finished scum games since my return I had 11 posts in 2 days and 19 posts in three. Kind of pathetic if you ask me. I need to work on that.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Forbiddanlight PBPA:
forbiddanlight wrote:Interesting. A shame though, I don't get to see the ridiculous playstyle of DGB in action because you blow up today :(. So is there actually a voting phase? Seems kinda counter intuitive.
Pretty much summary.
forbiddanlight wrote:
Vote: Tarhilandur

*looks around surreptitiously*
Pretty sure this is an in-joke.
forbiddanlight wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Battousai wrote:I don't have to worry about dieing in this game, cause I'm bulletproof :)

I think the scum gave the bomb to DGB randomly, and probably for giggles.
And who would do that???
Probably anyone who is interested in how chaotic DGB will be with a bomb in her hands.
Scum motive speculation.
forbiddanlight wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:Probably anyone who is interested in how chaotic DGB will be with a bomb in her hands.
I sure would be interested myself. I'm already shocked with my self-restraint not blowing up BM. Very much out of character.
Speaking of which, not that it's really good play, especially D1, but for future reference
Mod, can scum give a bomb to another scum or does it have to be to a townie?
(has to be a townie IIRC)
WHY THE HELL WOULD TOWN ASK THIS QUESTION WHEN IT'S MORE BENEFICIAL FOR SCUM? Also, setup speculation.
forbiddanlight wrote:

forbiddenlight: Why would scum give the bomb to scum? The person with the bomb dies as well, I believe.
Endgame purposes. I'm still working it out but there is probably a way for scum to force a win or something. Then again, I could just be insane.
I really don't like this explanation - town isn't the alignment that I associate with speculating about endgame.
forbiddanlight wrote:Yeah, it's a suicide vig basically.
Summary.
forbiddanlight wrote:I lyk strawberry! YAY!

Anyway, moving along, what, may I ask, is IIoA? I mean, I know what it stands for, but what does it mean?
Okay, I can't blame forbiddanlight for being confused about IIoA when I forgot to add an explanation or link in the original post.
forbiddanlight wrote:Wow, lots of posts...so, anyway, I don't agree with lynch all lurkers. They are annoying, but it is pretty much random and odds are you are bombing a town body. I think speculation on who set up the DGB bomb is going to end up useless in the long run. Finally, is no one gonna tell me what Information Instead of Analysis voting is all about?
Hey look, Mafia theory! Isn't there something missing here? Also, nice work seeing exactly where the speculation is going to lead but not really doing anything about it.
forbiddanlight wrote:
no, but it means they are completely useless, and may as well be dead.
Last I checked, a town body is a town body. The more town dead, the higher chance there is for scum win. So, they AREN'T completely useless.
Mafia theory. Still something missing here...
forbiddanlight wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
no, but it means they are completely useless, and may as well be dead.
Last I checked, a town body is a town body. The more town dead, the higher chance there is for scum win. So, they AREN'T completely useless.
actually, they ARE. lol
The value of a town body is their vote and ability to hunt scum. If someone ISN'T here, they are able to use neither. As town, they are deadweight, and won't get NKed, so we get stuck with them at endgame. As scum...well, theres nothing worse than allowing lurker-scum to survive the game... -.-

BM
Well, duh, don't let them live to endgame. But no need to spend time on them D1. And plus, if they lurk too hard they'll get replaced. And no, the value of a town body is parity. The value of a town player is their vote and ability to hunt scum. There is a difference.
... And more Mafia theory.
forbiddanlight wrote:Soo, why are you considering blowing these 4 up? And I favor blowing up BM, but this might just be his play style.
Hey look, actual questions! An improvement! Pity the questions are for the all-but-confirmed town player. Also note the noncommital support for a BM nuke.
forbiddanlight wrote:Actually, I was gonna vote the mod. He just beat me to it. And then I half thought the vote for me was a joke :S. I dunno.
Information...
forbiddanlight wrote:

I'm pretty sure i've played with you befo....oh. That was ANOTHER game in which i was blown up pretty much immediately as town. Rolling Eyes

Talk about giving yourself a get out of jail free card...

Which game was that, Bad Idea? Well, honestly, all I know is you apparently are a bit of a crazy player yourself. Most people I'd automatically be voting them for suggesting a policy lynch like Lynch all Lurkers...buut I still dunno with you. I still feel out of those 4 options blowing you up might be interesting.
I really don't see any sign of taking a stand here, just summary and weasel words.
forbiddanlight wrote:
But if it's been, like, a month and we don't have anyone, I'm gonna push for a lurkersplosion.
Just sayin, if DGB waits a month, I will be astounded by her restraint.
Way to appear to say something while actually saying nothing at all.

Does anyone else see what's missing from forbiddanlight's posts? Oh right,
scumhunting

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm calling IIoA on forbiddanlight.

Next up, M4yhem.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by armlx »

So... its only though the random phase, and there was even not random stuff there?

Don't agree at all Tar.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by Coron »

"'Speaking of which, not that it's really good play, especially D1, but for future reference Mod, can scum give a bomb to another scum or does it have to be to a townie? (has to be a townie IIRC)'

WHY THE HELL WOULD TOWN ASK THIS QUESTION WHEN IT'S MORE BENEFICIAL FOR SCUM? Also, setup speculation." Actually it's really not beneficial to anyone. No endgame situation, no nothing. Also, having the whole town know if it did matter, would be good compared to him just messaging the mod with the question. I find this actually to be a small point in his favor.

Overall I have to agree with what you say, just figured I'd point this part out.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by killa seven »

HAI just saw this thread open..
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:16 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

M4yhem wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:If you want to be picked, make a list of the players you think are towniest, and announce that they are your shortlist for the 'splosion if you're picked.
True.

I'll be blowing up Coron or Armlx.
He said 'towniest'. Not 'most stuck up their own asses'. And you missed me from that list. :P

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:17 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
TDC wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Interesting choice, why?
He's well within his self-proclaimed scum-meta:
Coron wrote:On lurker lynching, on analysing around 2/3rds of my own games, which admittedly were mostly minis, I found that I have fewer posts per game day as TOWN, and more as scum.
That is very convincing.
rofl, surprisingly, i actually agree. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:19 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

the silent speaker wrote:Posting and running to weigh in that I support Max, Battousai and Coron as explosions, more or less in that order, for reasons all already stated (Coron is a clear third, because of the volume and content of his posts); and that I think BM and M4yhem and Armlx are probably all town. Tar I have no sense of whatsoever.
I don't think it's possible for me to agree with this post any more than i do now. <3

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:28 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Coron wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:you aren't listening. My point which you just aren't getting is that when you post what you think, and it leaves alot to be desired, it not only makes you look scummy, but it WILL invoke questions like 'why do you think that?'. And btw, the insult was ironic. So chill-ax.
No, it's not scummy, yes people will ask me why I think that, then I'll explain why it's not protown for me to explain, then the person should drop it. Yes, that's you.
Then, you are stupid for bringing the damn point up in the first place, because if you didn't want people to ask, as is kinda natural in this game, dont make vague statements about things it is anti-town to explain! :roll:
Coron wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Ouch. An insult that wasn't even funny. I'm very disappointed Coron.
They
You
told me you were smart!
Those odds dont make for great reading. Assuming theres a 9/10 chance you're right, if town? I think you're being a tad optimistic. And EVEN THEN, the odds of your being right are only 75%. Not something id take for granted by any means. I think you just invalidated your own point. lol
What are the chances of me saying something that is true as scum? Not 0, well in this case, it's actually literally 0, because if I'm scum, it's not true.
There's no reason why it wouldn't be 0, given that there's no chance of you being called out on your comment, and hence, if you are scum, the lie can only benefit you.
Coron wrote:But seriously 9/10 is not THAT optimistic, seeing that all I'm calling is that armlx is town, which has a default probability of what? 3/4s did you say? I don't feel like looking it up, but the number was HYPOTHETICAL, HYPOTHETICAL, HYPOFREAKINGTHETICAL. Do you know what that means? I'm pretty sure I'm not making up that word(well, other than the one with freaking in the middle). Also, even *I* am not taking what I'm saying for *granted* I merely think there is an increased probability that armlx is town.
To change tack slightly- do you think it is really worthwhile to push an issue like this, which has the purpose of saying 'Armlx is town', as if that is some kind of revolutionary concept that nobody else could have even considered? And then, to go as far as to say it, and then not bother explaining... 0.o
Christ... :shock:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:30 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Coron wrote:"'Speaking of which, not that it's really good play, especially D1, but for future reference Mod, can scum give a bomb to another scum or does it have to be to a townie? (has to be a townie IIRC)'

WHY THE HELL WOULD TOWN ASK THIS QUESTION WHEN IT'S MORE BENEFICIAL FOR SCUM? Also, setup speculation." Actually it's really not beneficial to anyone. No endgame situation, no nothing. Also, having the whole town know if it did matter, would be good compared to him just messaging the mod with the question. I find this actually to be a small point in his favor.

Overall I have to agree with what you say, just figured I'd point this part out.
You do realise, people like you and I are NEVER gonna get given a bomb. Because the scum are gonna have a list of players who will be good bomb magnets, and players who will be tough to get killed. Me and you fall in the former category atm. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:53 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Battle Mage wrote: He said 'towniest'. Not 'most stuck up their own asses'. And you missed me from that list. :P
Because I don't want to kill you. Even when I'm dead, I'll be reading the game to see how y'all are doing and you will provide me with the most lolz.

Besides, I only really need one name, since I only get one bomb.

For the record, I think you are probably town, based on the two games I've seen you in so far. Of course, I've never seen you as scum, so what do I know, really?

The same is true of Armlx: he acts like he did in another game where he's dead and town, but I've never seen him as scum either.

Tarhalindur wrote: I really don't like this explanation - town isn't the alignment that I associate with speculating about endgame.
I violently disagree with your association. Endgame speculation is normal for town in my experience.

I'd support a Twonz execution on the basis of his first post; it's exactly like his posts as scum in another game- stalling and excuses.

I'm not sure about Max- he comes across as dumb and not really reading but not automatically scum. I don't know his meta but I guess DGB is confirmed town so we can take her word that his posts are in character.

Tar's analysis on Forbiddenlight= load of nothing. Looking forward to mine, now.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

M4yhem wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: He said 'towniest'. Not 'most stuck up their own asses'. And you missed me from that list. :P
Because I don't want to kill you. Even when I'm dead, I'll be reading the game to see how y'all are doing and you will provide me with the most lolz.
Lol, if i outlast you, then i'll be happy. Hell, if i outlast ANYONE i'll have done pretty well :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:11 am

Post by TDC »

Coron wrote:
TDC wrote: He's well within his self-proclaimed scum-meta:
First, now that I know, it obv changes, and the difference is around uh... 3 posts per game day(which is admittedly around 20%, yeah games were shorter back on the day).

Also, part of this whole thing is my first game ever, which I had like 4 times my average posts per day, and ended as scum. Yeah, basically that arguement holds no water.
The way I read your argument it sounded like "Look, when I'm town I post less, so let's not lynch lurkers" (which actually implies that this is more than a specific meta on you, but a general meta).
On a more serious note, if I restrict it to games that ended 06 or later, which will eliminate the time when I was a noobish noob, the numbers magically reverse.
And now it's not even true for
yourself
So basically I'm using a meta of myself here as a sample "meta of person", I mean, not all people are the same, and I'm certainly not a typical scummer, but it's a start point at least.
So, what was the purpose? Which of the lurkers did you want to save?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

TDC is genuinely impressing me :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ok, im just compiling the VC. So far, if this was a normal game, M4yhem would be the bandwagonner, and i'd be the votehopper, for sure! Don't understand Tar's hatred of Forbiddan.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Forbiddanlight 3 (Jordan, Tarhalindur, M4yhem)
Max 3 (Battle Mage, DoS, Crazy)
TSS 1 (Iron Man)
Haschel Cedricson 1 (Jex)
Jex 1 (Haschel Cedricson)
Battle Mage 1 (Alvinz)
Tarhalindur 1 (Forbiddanlight)
Battousai 1 (Armlx)

Not Voting: TSS, Battousai, Max, Twomz, Coron, TDC,
QUEEN DGB
, Killa 7

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:53 am

Post by M4yhem »

Unvote:Forbidden
as it was only really a hello vote.

Drown Twomz in chocolate cherry ice cream
. I don't believe he's always so apathetic early on. I'm sure I read a game where he was helpful. Besides, it's not really hard to make content, unless you're scum. Just pour your thoughts and feelings on to the page.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I'd rofl if we managed to get a unanimous decision and DGB just killed a random lurker :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Coron »

Battle Mage wrote:Then, you are stupid for bringing the damn point up in the first place, because if you didn't want people to ask, as is kinda natural in this game, dont make vague statements about things it is anti-town to explain! :roll:
It's not that I don't want people to ask. I do, really, but I don't want people to keep pounding their heads against a brick wall like you seem to be.
Battle Mage wrote:There's no reason why it wouldn't be 0, given that there's no chance of you being called out on your comment, and hence, if you are scum, the lie can only benefit you.
Say that instead of the actual statement I made, I just said "armlx is town". If one of armlx or me dies, it makes the other look scummy. This is known as a classic WIFOM situation. While on average you'd believe that I should try to clear my partner more anyway, some percentage of the time I should just incriminate a townie as scum, so I can still be right while being scum.
Battle Mage wrote:To change tack slightly- do you think it is really worthwhile to push an issue like this, which has the purpose of saying 'Armlx is town', as if that is some kind of revolutionary concept that nobody else could have even considered? And then, to go as far as to say it, and then not bother explaining... 0.o
At the time I posted it, I did not realize Dgb, Armlx, and I were the only very experienced players in this game. I'm also sure that armlx at least has some clue what I'm talking about, or else my reason for thinking armlx is town are completely non-valid. I've explained why I'm not explaining it.
Battle Mage wrote:Christ... :shock:

BM
oooooookay there.

Just drop it. This is not helpful.

-Coron.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:45 am

Post by Coron »

TDC wrote:The way I read your argument it sounded like "Look, when I'm town I post less, so let's not lynch lurkers" (which actually implies that this is more than a specific meta on you, but a general meta).
Well, I'm just saying is not unreasonable to think some people post more as scum than as town. This is not true of me currently.
TDC wrote:And now it's not even true for
yourself
Oh, it's true for the me of the past, just not the me of the present. I don't see why the me of the present is any better to make generalizations from than the me of the past. I personally think using both would get us a better generalization that would apply to all players.
TDC wrote:So, what was the purpose? Which of the lurkers did you want to save?
I'm against just finding the lurkiest lurker and bombing them. I want to bomb the SCUMIEST person. I know this is a shocking concept. First let me define scumiest, because I think many people actually have a problem with this concept(and this is why lurking is such a strong strategy as scum).

So, the top most scummiest thing you can do is provide absolutely nothing to the game only making posts to say "I'm here" and stuff like that. People like that should be lynched VERY FIRST.

Next, take a look at all of a players posts. Find all of the scummy things, take this mental "scumminess value" and divide it by your mental "amount of content" value that they've produced. In general I think this is a pretty good way to figure out who to lynch. There are reasons to bias this towards people with few or many posts, but I personally think that they basically offset
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Coron wrote:Say that instead of the actual statement I made, I just said "armlx is town". If one of armlx or me dies, it makes the other look scummy.
Unvote, Vote: Coron

Did you REALLY just claim scum?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:07 am

Post by TDC »

Coron wrote:
TDC wrote: The way I read your argument it sounded like "Look, when I'm town I post less, so let's not lynch lurkers" (which actually implies that this is more than a specific meta on you, but a general meta).
Well, I'm just saying is not unreasonable to think some people post more as scum than as town.
And I don't disagree. It is unreasonable to think most people post more as scum than as town, though (unless you can provide some numbers that are not solely based on your playstyle from a couple years ago). Lurking is not a town-tell.
TDC wrote:And now it's not even true for
yourself
Oh, it's true for the me of the past, just not the me of the present. I don't see why the me of the present is any better to make generalizations from than the me of the past. I personally think using both would get us a better generalization that would apply to all players.
And yet you specifically pointed out the "I post less as town"-you, thereby generalizing without "using both".
The other you only came about after I pointed out that you're posting a lot.
So, the top most scummiest thing you can do is provide absolutely nothing to the game only making posts to say "I'm here" and stuff like that. People like that should be lynched VERY FIRST.
You mean, like k7?

---------

Battle Mage wrote:Did you REALLY just claim scum?
That, and that armlx is his partner :p

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”