She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #4425 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Spoiler:
In post 4365, Noraa wrote:
In post 871, Morning Tweet wrote:Hi Pooky hi midway hi PB!

clidd isn't in the team discord so no headstart for me

hi Murderkitty!
First thing I notice is that she didn't say hi to me. I don't read into this too hard but it does look like a potential setup(as a scum buddy) for me if I really want to try to read into this
In post 873, Morning Tweet wrote:murder how sure are you on Noraa relative to how sure you were on D2 of Pooky v. FL
poking around. NAI but SL at best.
In post 891, Morning Tweet wrote: I believe I see why several players suspect Noraa early -- she hasn't done anything fun or happy in RVS and has just spectated throughout it while still posting mostly blank fluff on occasion. I assume that is why, because that is atypical for Noraa. something i would be wary of is how you're feeling will affect how you're posting drastically (for me, and I feel this is the same case for Noraa) much more than alignment would. maybe "I'm angry rn" is an excuse, but maybe not -- it happens to me all the time and then everybody yells about how i seem off and yayayaya

Murder, how much of Noraa's absentness (although not total absence, just watching with fluff 1 liners sometimes) factors into the present scumread?
It's interesting this post is actually defending me but at the same time, reading back on this, I am about 70% sure morning doesn't believe this truly. The reason why is because in PookyvFlava(I was scum btw for anyone that wasn't there), I started out with some bubbly posting but then fell back to normal posting sometime in the middle cuz I just wasn't really able to keep it up without getting shaded everywhere and I blamed it on a mood change. Which is not entirely inaccurate but I never explained that post game so I do think morning would call bullshit on it if town here.

I think if morning is scum, what I am seeing is this shift in thought process every now and then.
So she is poking the game out and trying to find easy targets and once she finds me, she starts asking people's opinions on me.
Then she realizes a lot of people SR me so maybe she could change stance, let them push me, and slightly defend.
Of course this is under the assumption that she's scum here but I am absolutely confbiasing regardless of her alignment here so take this with a grain of salt.
In post 935, Morning Tweet wrote: I'm into the Cheetory/Cakes/SPF-heavy area afterwards and im zoning out hard so im going to play live for a while probably

My conclusions though? I think midway is a good bet for town based on both his play and others reads of him. I have various small town leans on Cakes/Jingle/maybe PB so far but even those are partially based on my evalution of Gypyx/Noraa which has been fairly negative. I think Noraa is playing noticably differently and not really in a good way, she's maintained her hyper-posting identity and thats basically it, she seems really "abrasive" at times which is my best way of putting it. im not sold because emotions play a huge part but the last time i gave Noraa benefit of doubt for that, i was wrong. Murderkitty floated the idea of her intentionally playing this way to purposefully go off meta, which is potentially possible. i also did not like her follow up to PrivateI at all

@Pooky for more clarification, do you have an actual reason to townread Kanna or are you just saying that Kanna being scum would generally hurt you?
Ok so now she backs out of defending me with emotions and uses emotions against me. I'd say this is arguably a town point actually but its bad that it came after the defense. No, tbh I think the defense even existing is just a problem in itself.
This could be seen as being overly aware of a scum buddy. I could see that definitely.

Also in the spoiler(I deleted it because it was a pain in the ass to look at the long bb code. But she .... kind of TMI's private is town :/
Take a look lol
Poking through the game for easy targets to push is a terrible characterization of my scum play. i dont think i have ever tried to push an elim or a scumread decently as scum, it's rare as town but does happen when I feel >50% confident i have something or if i want to find a reaction

For you in particular I doubt I would do something that will piss you off but self meta and wifom yayaya

Also I am sorry i missed you in the hi post, don't know how that happens
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4426 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:33 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

I think we're extrapolating too much of what the scum don't have based upon 1 PR flip.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #4427 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:36 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 4351, SirCakez wrote:This is the post we really need to dig into for MT-SB connections, it's basically the only place where MT discusses her read on SB
Waste of time, Cakes. Except for the song, that part is worthwhile
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #4428 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:38 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 4426, Jake The Wolfie wrote:I think we're extrapolating too much of what the scum don't have based upon 1 PR flip.
Maybe. but from a design standpoint, imagine giving a mafia team a one-shot strongman and a one-shot ninja. How do you even know which to use? Do you just pick one randomly and pray? The purpose of giving mafia those powers is so they get a confirmed kill. if they had a ninja and a strongman, it seems clunky to me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4429 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:39 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4417, Gypyx wrote:@cakez / S_S : does that mean you wouldn't push a red check as a cop? cuz if i understeand your logic that means you have a confirmation bias
Well no, because if you have a red check as cop, then you want to try to make it look like a scumread so it's not obvious you have a red check.

But if you claim it, then it really should be up to everyone else to decide whether or not they want to trust you.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #4430 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 4350, SirCakez wrote:iirc S_S was much more eager to push SB
I don't think scum were very happy bussing day 1
Do you really believe that scum felt they could do anything to prevent the SB elimination after the case was dropped? or that there something that makes them hesitate to wait. That is the only universe where this would matter
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #4431 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

hiiii SS

Why'd you vend to SPF?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4432 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:58 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 4427, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 4351, SirCakez wrote:This is the post we really need to dig into for MT-SB connections, it's basically the only place where MT discusses her read on SB
Waste of time, Cakes. Except for the song, that part is worthwhile
why?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4433 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:59 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 4430, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 4350, SirCakez wrote:iirc S_S was much more eager to push SB
I don't think scum were very happy bussing day 1
Do you really believe that scum felt they could do anything to prevent the SB elimination after the case was dropped? or that there something that makes them hesitate to wait. That is the only universe where this would matter
I don't know it depends who scum are
The case was very good but a disorganized town could easily have let it slip
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4434 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:01 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4431, Morning Tweet wrote:hiiii SS

Why'd you vend to SPF?
It's funny that you're the first person to ask me, but I should probably be saying it anyway.

The inventory mechanic made me think that the peaches matter and can possibly be used for something. I don't know whether this is true or not, but it made me want to vend to town. I got a townread of spf from an associative with SB (if anyone cares I can go back and try to find which post), but she wasn't widely townread at the end of the day, so I thought she was unlikely to die.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4435 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:11 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 4411, Noraa wrote:No, pooky you can't possibly believe this crap right?
I won mafiasunny 1 as scum because of this shit.
Worstie won charas folly as scum because of this.
I nearly won death curse as a scum half because of this
did you not read the ending of legends of the lost temple?

this is like bulge v lilith all over again
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4436 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:20 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4419, SirCakez wrote:
In post 4417, Gypyx wrote:@cakez / S_S : does that mean you wouldn't push a red check as a cop? cuz if i understeand your logic that means you have a confirmation bias
Define pushing
try to get your check exed
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4437 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4428, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 4426, Jake The Wolfie wrote:I think we're extrapolating too much of what the scum don't have based upon 1 PR flip.
Maybe. but from a design standpoint, imagine giving a mafia team a one-shot strongman and a one-shot ninja. How do you even know which to use? Do you just pick one randomly and pray? The purpose of giving mafia those powers is so they get a confirmed kill. if they had a ninja and a strongman, it seems clunky to me.
:thorface:

1shot sman 1shotninja host is actually a pretty common role. It’s pretty traditional.

Scum probably doesn’t have a ninja because the watcher is already nerfed by a gate and the presence of FVs. A triple nerf is excessive.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4438 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Jingle »

Host -> joat

Fuck autocorrect. Right in it’s stupid face.
This is a Parachute.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4439 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 4424, SirCakez wrote:
In post 4421, Zaiden wrote:Whoops, I misquoted that but basically scum could have anticipated tracker but might not have anticipated they would check SPF on N1. And they would try to bury fruit with their target/prevent town acquiring more fruit. So in that sense I could see how it's SvS. Also Pooky makes a good point they should be attacking each other since Pink Ball literally confirms one or the other is scum - unless Nora's right about an untrackable Ninja being in the game.

What is the likelihood of ninja existing?
but why not just vend fruit to each other?
To avoid suspicion. Eventually we will all have to claim. And vending between themselves might result in unwanted associations with each other should one or another flip.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4440 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Jingle »

I don’t think solving whether SS can be scum with MT is a today thing. If we hit scum today I’m likely not going to entertain an elimination on the other tomorrow at the very least. I do think it means that pooky probably isn’t scum with a town mt, though.
This is a Parachute.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4441 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 4436, Gypyx wrote:try to get your check exed
you don't typically have to do much convincing when you have a guilty on someone
I don't really feel like this is an accurate 1-to-1 comparison.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4442 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Jingle »

I think gyp was talking about doing so without outing being a cop, but I agree that the comparison is forced either way.
This is a Parachute.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4443 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4441, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 4436, Gypyx wrote:try to get your check exed
you don't typically have to do much convincing when you have a guilty on someone
I don't really feel like this is an accurate 1-to-1 comparison.
eh, probably wasn't the best way to put it yeah, think it's still weird to not want to case confscum from your PoV
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4444 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Given that S_S said that he doesn't really believe in scumhunting on D1 (or however he would want to phrase it), I'm not that put off by a similar go with the flow sentiment here.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4445 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4444, Cheetory6 wrote:Given that S_S said that he doesn't really believe in scumhunting on D1 (or however he would want to phrase it), I'm not that put off by a similar go with the flow sentiment here.
what do you define as go with the flow?

and idk, imo D1 scumhunting is one of the best way to find scum, especially with hindsight
Show

bottom text
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4446 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

gyp wrote:1what do you define as go with the flow?

2and idk, imo D1 scumhunting is one of the best way to find scum, especially with hindsight
1. he thinks MT is dying with or without a case so why bother making a case.
2. I don't disagree. He also said it loudly and multiple times on D1 with multiple people who are familiar with his playstyle present so I'm assuming this isn't super out of left field for him otherwise people would have wanted him super yeeted D1.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4447 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Gypyx »

ah okay

fence-sitty but okay, does scum always take such a passive route though? (yes i've seen the hidden temple argument)
Show

bottom text
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4448 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I would only really apply this argument to S_S.

And to be clear it wouldn't like.. shake the foundations of my soul to find out that both him and MT are mafia here, but I don't really think it's the likeliest scenario and MT's reaction feels significantly less real to me.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4449 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:19 am

Post by SirCakez »

Yes I read that playstyle as scummy from D1 S_S but I think I was wrong
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”