Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3800 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Matt_S »

Korlash wrote:
Matt wrote:Your comment on the doc yesterday.
Oh oh what? what? Are people paying attnetion to attacks I pressed now? What? Oh wow that's new.
Sorry, I forgot that you made the attack. Next time I'll be sure to ignore you :wink:
curiouskarmadog wrote:TS is obvscum..
interesting how so many says so now but attacked me earlier.
Could you explain this part plz?
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #3801 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:39 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

if I recall, I was attacked when I wanted TS hung earlier...of course this was months (and pages ago)...but if my memory serves, I was all for a TS lynch. if i get the time, will go back (shivers) and see how exactly this went down...I know my biggest suspects pages/days/RL months ago was skitzer and TS...ugh, this game is such a blur...will go back and look.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3802 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Korlash wrote:;_; Jerk mafia... Free me from this hell hole!!!!!

*sigh*

I forget... what were we doing again?
I echo this sentiment.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3803 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:51 pm

skitzer wrote:I don't like the TS logic in this game.
I don't believe I have made use of logic even once in this game, what are you talking about?
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #3804 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:57 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Tarhalindur wrote:... I'll need to look over some games where Incog has been scum to be sure...
... and now that I have reread some games where Incog was scum (especially Nubigena), I am reexamining my initial conclusions. Incog doesn't vary that much between town and scum - the main differences are that his scum posts tend to be a little shorter, and he appears to be less prone to attacking and somewhat more willing to discuss theory [IIoA] as scum). As such, his play here (short posts, no attacks) is a null tell at best and scummy at worst.

My timing on looking over Incog's scum games is impeccable, I know.

I'll mull over this new line of thought for a bit. At the moment I'd still rather lynch killa or
BM
Something Awesome.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #3805 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:14 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

SpyreX wrote:
tar wrote:SpyreX needs a closer look (I didn't reread him as closely as I could have) - Andycyca was unusually contentless before he got replaced, and on first glance his play yesterday seems consistent with scum hunting rival scum.
I'd love more explanation from this. Here's a few questions to start the pot a brewin:

1.) Do we have proof of rival scum factions or is this just conjecture?
There are actually two important questions to ask: is there a second scum faction, and does the Mafia think there is a second scum faction? Even if only the latter applies, Selective Scumhunting may be applicable.

1) There definitely WAS a Cult and there definitely WAS a Serial Killer, so the Selective Scumhunting tell should apply (for D1 at the very least, with a longer-lasting effect if the Mafia thinks there are surviving Cultists.

(As for the question that I think you were trying to ask - is there a second scum faction still in the game? We can be pretty sure that there aren't any non-Mafia scum with kills in the game, so no second Mafia or SK. We can't prove, however, the existence or nonexistence of the Cult - it depends on how the Cult recruiter worked. (I strongly suspect that the Cult is somehow related to the N1 poison kill - the question is whether the kill was caused by the recruit attempt itself or by a new Cultist getting to send in a kill.)

2) It was blatantly obvious that Killa was SK at the end of D1, and I suspect that the Mafia thought that there was a Cult on D2 at least (especially if TS is Mafia, given how hard she went after Rosso). Selective Scumhunting should be applicable.
2.) How would scum hunting rival scum be different than town hunting scum? (since you imply a definite difference there).
The difference isn't so much how scum hunt scum so much as it is WHO they hunt - if a player in a multiple scum faction game is hunting for all scum except for one specific group, it's fairly likely that said player is a member of the group they ignore. (It's a useful enough tell for me that I have a shorthand to refer to it - Selective Scumhunting.)

For a good example of this, look at my play in Stargate SG-1 (where I was Gou'Ald and used every excuse possible to avoid looking for Gou'Ald while aggressively hunting Replicators (and the SK, though I thought he was a Replicator).
3.) Why is it today, versus all of yesterday, that you bring this up?
Because I only took the time to look at your predecessor overnight?

Because we actually caught a scum yesterday and I finally have something to work with?

Because I'm finally starting to get interested in this game again?
I'd give you an FoS, but really, whats the point. :P
Go on, FoS me. You know you want to.
User out of ambit.

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3806 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:50 am

Post by skitzer »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
skitzer wrote:I don't like the TS logic in this game.
I don't believe I have made use of logic even once in this game, what are you talking about?
Exactly. No TS logic = Not a town TS.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3807 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:16 am

Post by SpyreX »

1) There definitely WAS a Cult and there definitely WAS a Serial Killer, so the Selective Scumhunting tell should apply (for D1 at the very least, with a longer-lasting effect if the Mafia thinks there are surviving Cultists.
Fair enough. With the Recruiter dead when he was and the SK dead (and the fact we haven't seen non-vig claimed kills) I haven't been thinking about a cult (I assumed with recruiter dead the cult couldn't recruit, so).

However, in my instance, I could see calling me out for tunnel vision but, really I've been about as Selective as you can get, just kill TScum and we will go from there. :P
The difference isn't so much how scum hunt scum so much as it is WHO they hunt - if a player in a multiple scum faction game is hunting for all scum except for one specific group, it's fairly likely that said player is a member of the group they ignore. (It's a useful enough tell for me that I have a shorthand to refer to it - Selective Scumhunting.)
Agreed, but again this is in reference to me so I'm not seeing how its applicable. ;)

Because we actually caught a scum yesterday and I finally have something to work with?

1.) Fair enough. ;)

2.) Borge being scum gives something to work with on me?

3.) I understand 350%.
Actually, now, I dont. You are right that the possible existence of a Cult could cause some of the above. I'm still not sure how -I- fall into this but I know you'll explain.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #3808 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:43 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

happy bday skitzer
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3809 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:59 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

CKD you officially killed the game with that comment.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3810 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:00 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:CKD you officially killed the game with that comment.
Wrong costume.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3811 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Matt_S »

Just posting to say I'd like to hear more of what Tarhalindur's saying.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #3812 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

SpyreX wrote:
Fair enough. With the Recruiter dead when he was and the SK dead (and the fact we haven't seen non-vig claimed kills) I haven't been thinking about a cult (I assumed with recruiter dead the cult couldn't recruit, so).

However, in my instance, I could see calling me out for tunnel vision but, really I've been about as Selective as you can get, just kill TScum and we will go from there. :P
Agreed, but again this is in reference to me so I'm not seeing how its applicable. ;)

1.) Fair enough. ;)

2.) Borge being scum gives something to work with on me?

3.) I understand 350%.
Actually, now, I dont. You are right that the possible existence of a Cult could cause some of the above. I'm still not sure how -I- fall into this but I know you'll explain.
I think I understand the disconnect here - you seem to be operating under the assumption that I am saying that you've been committing some of these tells, while I was under the assumption that you were asking me to explain my general reasoning. (As a matter of fact, there was a reason why you couldn't understand why some of my statements would be a reference to you - namely, that they
weren't
a reference to you.)

You are nowhere near the top of my scumdar, SpyreX - the two big reasons I'm uneasy about you are 1) Andy felt funny when I read him (I can't quantify it right now - I need to look for specifics when I get time - but something seemed off) and 2) by process of elimination, if there are 5 scum remaining you're likely to be one of them.

I think a venture into setup speculation may be appropriate here:

There are either 4 or 5 scum remaining in the game, with the exact number almost entirely dependent on how the recruiter worked (given the size of the game and the existence of a dead Cult Recruiter and SK, I'd be surprised if there aren't exactly 4 surviving Mafia).

There are 13 players remaining in the game.

From where I'm sitting, 6 players are clear or all-but-clear: the masons, farside, our remaining protective role (probably a normal Doctor), and myself by axiom. Five of these players' identities are known (farside, MattS, Skitzer, KScope, and myself).

That, for my purposes, leaves 8 surviving unknowns (TS, BM, killa7, Korlash, SpyreX, Surye, CKD, Tombolo), of whom one can instantly confirm themself. Of these 8, I'm now pretty sure that CKD is town, and I'm going to assume that Tombolo is town for now (he read town when I looked over him, and even if he is scum he's not an immediate threat).

I'm pretty sure at this point that TS, BM, and killa7 are all scum (either 1 Cult, 2 Mafia or 3 Mafia).

That leaves either one or two scum out of {Korlash, SpyreX, Surye}. At the moment, I'd say that Korlash is probably scum (he has the scummiest predecessors and, while I'm not confident in my ability to read Korlash himself I do think that something's off about him - I need to reread MTG 1-shot).

If there is a fifth scum, however, I'm pretty sure that it's either Surye or you, and judging by predecessors alone, thenextepisode looked more like town than Andy did (I should know, he was town in Tarhalindur Mostly Mountainous), so as things stand I think you're slightly more likely to be scum than Surye is.

Note: I've played with Surye before, so I've started a reread on him (I need to compare his play here to his play in other games in general and Mafia 78 in particular). I'm going to pay close attention to his recent push for a TS lynch - he bussed the hell out of Rosso for the win in Mafia 78, and I need to see if he's doing it again here.

Finally, after mulling it over, I'm going to use my vote more effectively by joining the local bandwagon. TS is likely to be some kind of scum, why shouldn't we lynch her?

Unvote, Vote: Toaster Strudel

That's lynch-2. Toaster Strudel, claim or die.
User out of ambit.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3813 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:20 am

Post by SpyreX »

I think I understand the disconnect here - you seem to be operating under the assumption that I am saying that you've been committing some of these tells, while I was under the assumption that you were asking me to explain my general reasoning. (As a matter of fact, there was a reason why you couldn't understand why some of my statements would be a reference to you - namely, that they weren't a reference to you.)
Now, that makes sense. Yes, I thought the whole mess was applying to me and i was confused - now that I understand I definitely agree with you on most of it. A few questions though:
Five of these players' identities are known (farside, MattS, Skitzer, KScope, and myself).
Are you actually cleared or is this the "I know my alignment" conjecture? (I've honestly lost track of some things this game so this is just a question).
I'm pretty sure at this point that TS, BM, and killa7 are all scum (either 1 Cult, 2 Mafia or 3 Mafia)
Agreed.
I'm now pretty sure that CKD is town, and I'm going to assume that Tombolo is town for now (he read town when I looked over him, and even if he is scum he's not an immediate threat).
Why CKD town? He's been scummy and I wouldn't put a bus past him (or different scum group).

Also, I honestly forgot about Tombolo - again, why town?

I only ask because I'd say Suyre has a more "town" vibe than either of the above. I do agree about Korlash though. Of course, I dont agree about myself but. ;)
Only one mistake. It should be claim AND die. :twisted:
Show

Proud member of BaM
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3814 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:22 am

Post by farside22 »

What about Korlash. His actions aren't exactly on the up and up.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3815 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Scummy. Not as much to go on as TS.

TS first, FTW.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #3816 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by Korlash »

Farside wrote:What about Korlash. His actions aren't exactly on the up and up.
HA HA HA HA HA.... Sorry you'll laugh later...
Spy wrote:Scummy. Not as much to go on as TS.

TS first, FTW.
Right well like I said ages ago, go for it. I'm an open book... A book with a lot of pictures... and at least one pop-up! Maybe of a boat...

And to be serious... ... ... Nope... I got nothing...

Wait!!!

The only thing not on the "up and up" (I guess I'm keeping on the down low) is that I'm not backing this "TS Must die because I said so!" thing the rest of you seem to have written on your foreheads. And quite frankly it's because I still don't actually see the case you all seem to have memorized. But hey, I guess it must have went right over my head what with it being so obvious and stuff.. Bad korlash... No nap time for you!
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3817 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Surye »

Why is TS still alive?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #3818 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:32 am

Post by Korlash »

Why are any of us still alive...

Also don't you think you would be more useful not only tothegame but to TS's death itself by... you know... being more contributive then that?

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3819 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 am

Korlash - it looks like we're about to part ways...

Why are Surye and Spyrex still alive? Never have I seen such blatantly manipulative scumbags.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #3820 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Korlash »

That's what I said...

*laughs* ha ha maybe that will be the next generations "in" joke...

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3821 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:29 am

Post by SpyreX »

Why are Surye and Spyrex still alive? Never have I seen such blatantly manipulative scumbags.
I do like grouping us together. The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

Way back when, when I replaced in, I made my case on you (that later you even said you agreed with). Then... nothing happened and a townie died.

Then the next day... I try again. ? causes the power bandwagon and a scum is dead.. but not you who still are scummy for all of that business.

So, I stand here and do it AGAIN. And I will KEEP doing it unless something really strange happens that shifts the way the game is going.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3822 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Matt_S »

TS's behavior after the lynch yesterday was different from anything I've seen before. To me it looked like, "Ooh, I'm blatantly wagoning, but I hit scum so I'm town"
Show

(2) think very hard;
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #3823 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Toaster Strudel wrote:Korlash - it looks like we're about to part ways...

I really must thank Toaster Strudel for claiming Mafia.

See, not only is that NOT a claim when TS is in claim or die territory, but that last post is also the kind of post made by a Mafioso who knows she's caught and is trying to do as much damage as possible before she dies. Hell, the first thing I thought of when I looked at it was the post I made when I gave up in Mini 594.

I have a couple of things I'd like to get down before going to night, then I'm ready to proceed with the lynch.

LOCK ON: Toaster Strudel
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #3824 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

SpyreX wrote:
I think I understand the disconnect here - you seem to be operating under the assumption that I am saying that you've been committing some of these tells, while I was under the assumption that you were asking me to explain my general reasoning. (As a matter of fact, there was a reason why you couldn't understand why some of my statements would be a reference to you - namely, that they weren't a reference to you.)
Now, that makes sense. Yes, I thought the whole mess was applying to me and i was confused - now that I understand I definitely agree with you on most of it. A few questions though:
Five of these players' identities are known (farside, MattS, Skitzer, KScope, and myself).
Are you actually cleared or is this the "I know my alignment" conjecture? (I've honestly lost track of some things this game so this is just a question).
That would be the latter option.
I'm pretty sure at this point that TS, BM, and killa7 are all scum (either 1 Cult, 2 Mafia or 3 Mafia)
Agreed.
I'm now pretty sure that CKD is town, and I'm going to assume that Tombolo is town for now (he read town when I looked over him, and even if he is scum he's not an immediate threat).
Why CKD town? He's been scummy and I wouldn't put a bus past him (or different scum group).

Also, I honestly forgot about Tombolo - again, why town?

I only ask because I'd say Suyre has a more "town" vibe than either of the above. I do agree about Korlash though. Of course, I dont agree about myself but. ;)
CKD has never been replaced. I will not go into detail about how this is important at this time.

My read on Tombolo is based mainly on a) good vibes from andersonw and b) Tombolo's inactivity (which makes him a bad choice for lynching while better targets - and by "better targets" I mean killa7, BM, and Korlash - are in the game.

Also, I advise everyone (including myself) to take a look at Surye in Mafia 78, paying particular note to the Rosso bus D2.
Only one mistake. It should be claim AND die. :twisted:
Well, considering what she claimed I have to agree! :D

Final note: After SpyreX's last few posts, I'm getting much better vibes from him. I'm pretty sure he's town at this point.
User out of ambit.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”