Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Retti »

Anyway, I don't have time to think about this game tonight, I'll get back to it tomorrow.
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by willow1 »

nk actually kind of makes sense here so that is my guess

going to trust sam wasn't doing something stupid w/ poison claim and scum has the power
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by willow1 »

I think killing retti was a stronger play for scum vfp but sure ill take it
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by willow1 »

mechanically this game is wild

scum loaded as fuck w/ role cop+thief, rb/second jjh power, poisoner, but apparently no ninja (since jjh got caught)

thief taking vig would have been super op, mine isn't a bad runner-up to grab either since it would consolidate
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by willow1 »

for some reason it won't let me quote anything but doubt inflatables stopped kill as vigshot went through
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 1:12 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Unless someone wants to claim they were my target, I have no idea who or what I did besides removing my passive strongman from people :)
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 2:56 am

Post by VFP »

I'll hammer Retti if they are put to L1 otherwise mechanically and play tactically you should just stick to the plan. Me or Raya alive should always be the lim

Would you rather lose to scum me or scum Retti is the main question here?

If the answer isn't scum me, then this game is set.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 3:00 am

Post by VFP »

I also suspect that scum just didn't kill.
There was no reason for Samantha to lie there as it loses us a lim so scum do not kill there, either know the cause or don't dis believe it.
And in the risk of me / Retti being the Samantha kill, Raya is never the scum kill otherwise its just set in stone.

4 players alive increases the scum chances to survive so both scum me or Retti benefit from no killing.

Willow doesn't benefit here.
Or Flea was the target and the above is just wrong.
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 3:28 am

Post by willow1 »

I do not understand why, as town, you are not giving serious consideration to me being mafia. You are not even entertaining the idea and it feels performatively goofbally.

The game is over if you are town and get voted out. Why are you telling Flea to stick to the plan and vote you out?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:36 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Honestly, it's MYLO, I ain't voting anything except a no yeet.

I'm curious what effect I've had though :) I know I've had one :P
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Retti »

In post 2484, Flea The Magician wrote:Honestly, it's MYLO, I ain't voting anything except a no yeet.

I'm curious what effect I've had though :) I know I've had one :P
I don't see what the point is here when you're clear and most likely to die
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Retti »

Willow, when you're around, let's talk.
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 9:41 am

Post by willow1 »

sup
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 9:46 am

Post by willow1 »

i find the bit about going raya yesterday so-so. as scum you don't want to risk losing the target elim to the vigshot, but getting the elim only to have town bailed out by the shot is worse & more likely

flea is very unpredictable w/ how fae would feel about me imo and while arguably i could get scared of you reconsidering, i think the kill would hypothetically have been free and makes the game much more straight forward to win

actually thinking more about that faer has hinted about being pgo so might have been like hell naw from that perspective, half of why i never bothered mask checking them. meh.
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Retti »

In post 2488, willow1 wrote:i find the bit about going raya yesterday so-so. as scum you don't want to risk losing the target elim to the vigshot, but getting the elim only to have town bailed out by the shot is worse & more likely
In a hypothetical words where I'm scum getting boned by the rand after an elimination yesterday is less likely than one of vfp/raya dying and leaving me worse off, but this is probably not a productive discussion regardless so let's drop it

My concern is that yesterday I felt like you should have recognized that regardless of whatever points you were making against Raya, her response was towny, and you not recognizing when that happened is something of a red flag for me. It made me worry that you were committing to push there no matter what. I also feel like you've been fairly lax with townreading me (even before the gladiator claim stuff) where normally I say something innocuous and you jump down my throat for it, in a sense the lack of paranoia has
me
paranoid about possibly being pocketed here

So, n your own words, what are the reasons you aren't scum here?
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:19 am

Post by willow1 »

In post 2489, Retti wrote:My concern is that yesterday I felt like you should have recognized that regardless of whatever points you were making against Raya, her response was towny, and you not recognizing when that happened is something of a red flag for me. It made me worry that you were committing to push there no matter what.
i didn't find it town. obviously in hindsight w/ her flip it now is but scum raya seriously needed to hail mary ate to win the game and sometimes that means playing possum. vfp did similar with the pool. re: last line i don't really think who i choose to push would differ much as scum so sure.
In post 2489, Retti wrote:I also feel like you've been fairly lax with townreading me (even before the gladiator claim stuff) where normally I say something innocuous and you jump down my throat for it, in a sense the lack of paranoia has
me
paranoid about possibly being pocketed here
uhhhh this game is long+on the backburner so i don't really remember my entire progression but basically i had you in the nullzone until you came to bat for me w/ vfp. at that point i was actually worried you were trying to pocket me, and grew more concerned because i thought esooa was town. then you softed that mechanically u would do something dumb and so i was like "ok retti just can't hold it this is classic big baby retti". bell flip made me just slot you as town until proven otherwise even if hypothetically could still bus, yesterday reviewed b/c had to and thought the andante interactions town

i also specifically got feedback on that innocuous comment trap card in a recent game, srry that i don't wanna link here. while i was aware of it previously i have had it in mind since
In post 2489, Retti wrote:So, n your own words, what are the reasons you aren't scum here?
idk people townreading me for no reason has been wild my vote record is sketch and i didn't really push on bell except as a tool to be like "wtf titus"

some clear things that stick out to me as divergent are 1. risking the retaliation powertunnel from that cursed hydra to begin with 2. being ok w/ no elim on titus (which was only because i could mask check her, and i fully expected it to flip positive)
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:23 am

Post by willow1 »

this is really funny to me rn because this whole preemptive paranoia is very similar to a fake paranoia sequence i did the final day of my last scumgame (not draft mafia) which instinctively sketches me out

but also 1. ofc it's now that u call me out 4 it 2. i don't think it's actually anything
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:25 am

Post by Retti »

I'm the king of lategame paranoia, man
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:25 am

Post by willow1 »

idk what ur expecting here dog anytime someone asks "why r u town" it's gonna get a "here are the million reasons why my play makes perfect sense as scum and ur dumb, ackshually. im town tho" response i can't help it this is known
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:28 am

Post by willow1 »

wait i know what'll help ur paranoia

here's this sequence from jjh it's not sketchy at all lmao dw about it
In post 1333, jjh927 wrote:Willow's reads feel pretty out there to me, which I'm taking as a sign that Willow is town

Scum are more inclined to come out with reads that are similar to what other people in the game are putting out

On the same note, I think I can see T3 scum but will have to iso properly

Titus is just town fwiw
In post 1337, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1334, samantha97 wrote:
In post 1333, jjh927 wrote:Willow's reads feel pretty out there to me, which I'm taking as a sign that Willow is town
which
Doesn't seem like a readslist made to appease at all; in other words it is sincere

Most of it is null or leans
The list has Esooa, who I feel is generally a consensus hard town as only a townlean, and I don't think there's a lot of attention on VFP right now
In post 1339, jjh927 wrote:That most of it is null or leans even on slots where there's a consensus
In post 1340, jjh927 wrote:There aren't any extras sneaking in that Willow hasn't been focusing on just for the sake of agreeing with town
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:33 am

Post by willow1 »

idk actually the titus/bell progression is pretty town in the sense that i didn't powershove bell but actively got in the way of people derailing it w/ reasoning that was obviously garbage (titus explicitly argued that this wasn't bell's scumgame and i was like ??? it might flip town b/c could just be busy+demotivated as town too but absolutely this is classic bell scum)

and in particular didn't try to use that to really swing it elsewhere, let somebody else swing it elsewhere, or even use it to get an elim. i didn't like titus's positioning but i went to bat for that elim so hard only to give it up for free. no reason to stop other than bear spamming she was town, which is not something to back off for or really be afraid of when i am intentionally burning my credit to get a vote day 2. that backoff only happened because i knew if she was lying i'd get her day 3 and that the vig meant we'd win back the elim
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Retti »

In post 2493, willow1 wrote:idk what ur expecting here dog anytime someone asks "why r u town" it's gonna get a "here are the million reasons why my play makes perfect sense as scum and ur dumb, ackshually. im town tho" response i can't help it this is known
I mean, yeah, but I wanted to see what you'd say regardless. The fully fleshed out reasoning for your read on me day 1 at least makes sense, wasn't clear at all in my view. The point about Titus is kind of w/e but the bear one is a good one, some things have slipped my memory and I should probably do a real reread rather than just brief ctrl+Fing an being like ehh idk
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Retti »

In post 2494, willow1 wrote:wait i know what'll help ur paranoia

here's this sequence from jjh it's not sketchy at all lmao dw about it

Scum are more inclined to come out with reads that are similar to what other people in the game are putting out

On the same note, I think I can see T3 scum but will have to iso properly

Titus is just town fwiw
In post 1337, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1334, samantha97 wrote:
which
Doesn't seem like a readslist made to appease at all; in other words it is sincere

Most of it is null or leans
The list has Esooa, who I feel is generally a consensus hard town as only a townlean, and I don't think there's a lot of attention on VFP right now
In post 1339, jjh927 wrote:That most of it is null or leans even on slots where there's a consensus
In post 1340, jjh927 wrote:There aren't any extras sneaking in that Willow hasn't been focusing on just for the sake of agreeing with town
Lol godamit
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:39 am

Post by willow1 »

Spoiler: more chicken soup for the paranoid soul
In post 960, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 60, Titus wrote:
In post 57, willow1 wrote:titus post is something i'd do as scum but titus ain't me. i don't wanna vote there. i don't really want to vote sam or raya either.

i'm actually pretty happy w/ where my vote is atm. classic dilemma of "want to get real discussion by voting someone active but don't want to vote anyone active"

this is a hydra i expected to start strong and instead has 1 post
Why wouldn't you vote me as that would be a way to break out of RVS? If scum would do it, that's a reason as good as any in RVS.

The hydra I understand not posting but it is the weekend.
This is the first exchange that pings me.

Willow is being very tentative, and waffly. Willow says that Titus may be scummy for a reason, but this reason may not apply to Titus, so doesn't want to vote Titus or Sam or Raya (I would wager at least one scum in this group of three, that's how the brain works). The fence-sitting continues with "I want to vote an active player but don't want to vote an active player."

Titus astutely picks up on this too and calls out willow on it. Yes, why wouldn't willow vote Titus, as she stated a very valid reason to do it, especially surrounding the RVS?

I town read Titus here for boldly asking willow to go ahead and vote her. I scum read willow for sounding nervous and scared.
In post 961, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 61, willow1 wrote:because i don't give a shit about RVS or arbitrary breakouts or VCA lmao

immediately told you why my vote was where it is, why it wasn't on you, and don't care if it's the weekend. one head being absent rn is understandable, all three isn't a crime but i am very happy where i am.
Super touchy and defensive already.
In post 970, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 77, VFP wrote:
In post 75, willow1 wrote:it's being condescending while actively getting in the way of me trying to do things that is getting you flak from me
Thats productive.
You consider pushing a PL mid way page 2 for activity as 'trying to do things'.
So go over again why I should vote with you? I'm open to voting.
In post 78, VFP wrote:
In post 76, willow1 wrote:do you think i'm scum shoving a lurker? food for thought
I'm unsure on your motive yet.
But I don't think you believe in your push. Even more so where you expect people to Blindley follow you.

Either town trying to actually get out of RVS or scum trying to look active without doing anything.

If I thought you were scum I'd have voted you by now.
In post 86, Raya36 wrote:Let's vote sam. Sam is around and I'm not so sure their take on enchant is genuine

VOTE: sam
On page 3, VFP reads as town for his calling out of willow and the careless way they throw their vote around. No concerns whatsoever.
In post 971, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 81, Raya36 wrote:Why are you voting for no elim VFP?
This is a rubbish push on a joke random stage vote by VFP.
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 10:41 am

Post by willow1 »

anyway at some point i should check the mask info claim timeline but i really think you're town mechanically over that much qualitative.

maybe the poison would be the reward for the second gladiate but this setup is wack

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”