Micro 1013: IMoA [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Maybe Andre's Scum, or nsg.

We have like 6* (or so) hours till deadline, with that. I'll assign my vote tonight.

Probably best to consolidate on one of the two; I'll try to wait till Moongrass comes back before deciding so we can work that out.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm curious to hear why you think that i could be scum
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:16 pm

I mean... I don't see why you can't be, is the only thing. Other than Sigmund getting a locktown read on Norwee's rep-out, but excuse me for not finding that 100% reliable.

I feel like your play here has been fairly towny, but I wouldn't say I've seen the things that make me think you're highly likely town. (I don't even know if those things exist? How many games have we even played together?)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by Sigmund »

did you think she was fake angry at me
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:18 pm

Post by northsidegal »

like because let me give you an idea of things from my perspective:

i correctly identify a lot of weird manufactured trajectories and partner tells coming from moongrass throughout the game

i am—and i honestly hate to harp on this, much less bring it up, but it's true—objectively playing to my town meta in an incredibly strong way

moongrass' reasons for thinking that i'm scum are, even charitably, not very sensical, and i challenge anyone to disagree with me on this, because i would honestly like to hear an explanation, which nobody seems to have provided or be able to

p-edit: we've played a decent amount together, i'm certain. one of my most recent games was a normal which i think was also modded by datisi, you were scum

things fall apart
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:19 pm

In post 1028, Sigmund wrote:did you think she was fake angry at me
In ? I think she was real angry, but it's not out of the question for her to be real angry there as scum.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 1029, northsidegal wrote:i am—and i honestly hate to harp on this, much less bring it up, but it's true—objectively playing to my town meta in an incredibly strong way
this is true
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:20 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 1030, Something_Smart wrote:
In ? I think she was real angry, but it's not out of the question for her to be real angry there as scum.
have you ever seen her get angry as scum?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1030, Something_Smart wrote:
on a player meta-level it actually is, but again i don't really care to become boon and harp on this a ton

things fall apart
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Sigmund »

that's an honest question I don't know the answer to it but I haven't seen it so if someone could should me a game where NSG scum gets mad and yells at people I'd love to see it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:21 pm

In post 1032, Sigmund wrote:have you ever seen her get angry as scum?
no but like I said I can't recall having played much with her. I don't remember her getting angry as town either.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by Sigmund »

that should read if someone could show me a game that NSG as scum got angry and snapped at someone for voting her. I would consider a world in which she is scum.

But as it stands now I think she is outside her scumrange
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 1035, Something_Smart wrote:no but like I said I can't recall having played much with her. I don't remember her getting angry as town either.
I don't want to townread anger because that usually leads to games getting toxic and painful to play when people start getting pissed to get townread.
]
However I don't think she does that and I can't remember her doing that in the past.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:23 pm

Sigmund if you still think she's highly likely town I'd be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, I guess, despite my frustration with you.

Do you still think that Norwee was out of his scumrange?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by northsidegal »

also, for the record, this is part of why i find it unbelievable that moon thinks that i'm scum. i know that from an outside perspective this might just seem self-serving, or just a product of my being angry, but being as objective as i possibly can, it still makes little sense. moongrass' most recent example of my being scum is
team mafia 2020 white flag
. anyone with
any
familiarity with that game would
never
confuse my play here for my play there. it's just not possible.

things fall apart
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Sigmund »

Honestly I was kind of hoping to put him at lock town on the rep out so he would draw a nightkill if it was a universally accepted fact that he was locktown but now there's a mason claim so that plan is kind of shot.

I don't think he gets that angry as scum being accused, tho like I haven't seen him rep out in anger over 40 hours ever either.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 1039, northsidegal wrote:also, for the record, this is part of why i find it unbelievable that moon thinks that i'm scum. i know that from an outside perspective this might just seem self-serving, or just a product of my being angry, but being as objective as i possibly can, it still makes little sense. moongrass' most recent example of my being scum is
. anyone with
any
never
this reads town af.

do you think moon is fake claiming mason here?

thats kind of a later problem not a day 1 problem isn't it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:26 pm

I mean, it wasn't completely shot. There's still the chance of a protective being on Moongrass. But that makes sense.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1041, Sigmund wrote:
In post 1039, northsidegal wrote:also, for the record, this is part of why i find it unbelievable that moon thinks that i'm scum. i know that from an outside perspective this might just seem self-serving, or just a product of my being angry, but being as objective as i possibly can, it still makes little sense. moongrass' most recent example of my being scum is
. anyone with
any
never
this reads town af.

do you think moon is fake claiming mason here?

thats kind of a later problem not a day 1 problem isn't it?
yeah, it's a really bad situation made even worse by how close we are to deadline. a fake mason claim is an unlikely play from scum, but there are still a lot of inconsistencies with the idea that moon is a mason that makes me not confident in saying that she is. it's why i'm voting VFP right now, i think that even if i didn't believe moon it's something that you have to at least give a night.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1029, northsidegal wrote:like because let me give you an idea of things from my perspective:

i correctly identify a lot of weird manufactured trajectories and partner tells coming from moongrass throughout the game

i am—and i honestly hate to harp on this, much less bring it up, but it's true—objectively playing to my town meta in an incredibly strong way

moongrass' reasons for thinking that i'm scum are, even charitably, not very sensical, and i challenge anyone to disagree with me on this, because i would honestly like to hear an explanation, which nobody seems to have provided or be able to

p-edit: we've played a decent amount together, i'm certain. one of my most recent games was a normal which i think was also modded by datisi, you were scum
i actually do want to keep harping on this because i can't stay awake for much longer so i just want to be incredibly clear

there seems to be a decent amount of will for my lynch but as of yet i haven't seen a single
actual reason
other than "i am blindly following the person who claimed mason"

things fall apart
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Sigmund »

why do you want to kill VFP?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 948, northsidegal wrote:
In post 943, Moongrass wrote:I also think this is nsg's scum meta,
you're wrong
I have knowledge of a masonry existing in this game, now it would be hugely unbalanced if there were also a neighbor PT with two town players in it because once the neighbors townread each other it's effectively a double masonry in the game with 4 pseudo confirmed town. Therefore, in the name of balance it's likely that one of the two neighbors is scum
and if it were Andre they would not have claimed their neighbor because if we did elim nsg at some point down the track it would mean Andre's head when the masonry is discovered.
take this from an nrg reviewer, you're wrong about neighborhood balance. a neighborhood where they both townread each other is nothing close to a masonry - the strength in a masonry is mostly the confirmed aspect, not the communication aspect. two people separately informed the other is town is way closer in balance to a masonry than a mutual townread hood.

for the record though, it's not impossible that setup wise one of the neighbors is scum. given a traffic analyst in this setup, the pieces would sort of start to slot into place.

also, the bolded is actually just nonsense, sorry.
moongrass is wrong about my scum meta

she's wrong about the setup balance

whatever point was in bold makes no sense whatsoever

i even quite plainly state in this post that i think that it's possible, setup wise, that one of the neighbors would be scum, but moon seems to somehow think that . i don't think that andres is scum, but it's not because of random setup spec. it's primarily because i agreed with uneven that his progression on iconeum was good, as well as various reactions he's had both in the main thread and in our neighborhood to when i've indicated that i might scumread him, many of which seemed non-scum-indicative to me. i find that a sort of surprise at being scumread and appeal to previous games played together has a tendency to be town indicative.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1045, Sigmund wrote:why do you want to kill VFP?
i am town, you are town. moon is claiming mason. of the people remaining, i think that VFP is the most scum indicative of the bunch. i could also be convinced on iconeum, but my preference would be VFP.

things fall apart
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Sigmund »

why not sang froid?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by northsidegal »

if i were RC i might just try to lynch moon anyways. unfortunately, i'm not RC.

things fall apart

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”