Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

bhfqir wphfi2 btrhwbkr gruwbpi pwrjgiwb ij
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i am unfortunately getting the feeling that some of your play right now is being driven by spite towards me rather than primarily a good faith effort to win the game for town. this is especially unfortunate because i hold none of the same sort of animosity towards you. the things you've alleged about me have upset me a lot because they go against everything that stand for and consider important, but i hold no hatred towards you or desire to tear you down. my only wish is for you to stop making comments of that nature, and perhaps to make more of a good faith effort to really understand the points that i'm trying to get across.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Mia and Maya Fey
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Mia and Maya Fey »

In post 1920, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1883, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:
In post 1691, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1684, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1680, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1667, northsidegal wrote:or i would just never so confidently declare that i'm playing my town game. furthermore, there have been games where i've made almost exactly the same comment as town: that i am unambiguously playing my towngame and that other people in the playerlist who know me should recognize this and would never vote for me.
Then i think your scumgame is just really low. As i’ve identified slots that are strong townplayers and confidently sure they would correctly townread me and done what i can to pocket them by saying: "this is obviously my towngame" when i am scum, and it’s worked like an charm. What makes JJ and i uncapable of something you cannot?
almost nothing in mafia is about whether or not something is capable of something, it's about the probabilities. the
probability
that
any
town player with somewhat distinct towngames and scumgames would make a comment like that is—in my estimation—low, for the reasons that i said there. thus, i consider it town-indicative. you aren't the same kind of player as jjh is or as i am, so i wouldn't apply the same analysis to you that i would to him. just the same way i said that moon shouldn't apply the same analysis she would to scum!RC to jjh.
And this is exactly why scum would do so. Every good scumgame i've had i always try to do what i know people will think: "scum!Norwee would never do this".
I guess it makes sense for you to claim players are different, but in that case. Are you saying JJH has had the exact same playstyle in all his games up to now and never changed his strategies as scum?
Yeah nsg, that really isn’t a great argument. I am having more doubts but uh. I mean in uPick he was off the charts bleeding obvtown, so I would locktown him here if I saw that.
In a game just recently an quite good town player literally said i can’t be scum because i called another player that pushed me arrogant, and i: "only do that as town." And yeah, i was scum.
Did it intentionally too.
I’d say it depends on the player. There are some players I can actually pretty much alignment lock based off of this and others who do this sort of thing pretty much interchangeably irrespective of alignment.

I won’t name names but there is a player onsite - not in this game - who only says “I’m out of my scumrange” as town and I’ve seen others players who this is not ai for. Kochichi would be an excellent example of this. He has tells but they’re not at all obvious.
Hydra of Nancy Drew 39(she/her) and DkKoba(they/them)
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by northsidegal »

for the record, i had a really long post typed up responding in-depth to , but my computer crashed literally right as i was previewing it, which was disheartening to the point that i wasn't up to re-make it earlier in the day. i'm not intentionally ignoring you (just in case you think that i am), nor would i ever deliberately play to provoke or upset you, or anyone. unfortunately, i'm not getting the same feeling back from you.

things fall apart
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1926, northsidegal wrote:i am unfortunately getting the feeling that some of your play right now is being driven by spite towards me rather than primarily a good faith effort to win the game for town. this is especially unfortunate because i hold none of the same sort of animosity towards you. the things you've alleged about me have upset me a lot because they go against everything that stand for and consider important, but i hold no hatred towards you or desire to tear you down. my only wish is for you to stop making comments of that nature, and perhaps to make more of a good faith effort to really understand the points that i'm trying to get across.
How am i supposed to read your takes in good faith when they lack explanation and what little they do have is unconvincing?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Mia and Maya Fey
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:06 pm

In post 1922, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1919, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:
In post 1891, Gamma Emerald wrote:Mia+Maya how in sync are you two atm?
Pretty much I think, why?
I'm a bit cheesed off by koba's drunken outburst (especially calling my post asking for details about moon's theory garbage, that felt really uncalled-for) so I'm wondering what amount of that is divergent from what koba had discussed with you prior
We haven’t discussed you recently. As I previously pointed out, it was moon’s theory I had the issue with. I hated your activity shade and yes I know you walked back on it but it still bugs me. Like I previously stated, I’m a lot more confident on who I don’t want to vote today than do. But I’ll be sure to pass this on to them.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I feel like you’re now avoiding the answer to the questions i seek by being overly pre-occupied with my tone when i only really seek the answer to the questions i’ve asked and though my tone may be rough it usually is when i’m heavily engaged in a game of mafia.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Mia and Maya Fey
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:08 pm

In post 1929, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1926, northsidegal wrote:i am unfortunately getting the feeling that some of your play right now is being driven by spite towards me rather than primarily a good faith effort to win the game for town. this is especially unfortunate because i hold none of the same sort of animosity towards you. the things you've alleged about me have upset me a lot because they go against everything that stand for and consider important, but i hold no hatred towards you or desire to tear you down. my only wish is for you to stop making comments of that nature, and perhaps to make more of a good faith effort to really understand the points that i'm trying to get across.
How am i supposed to read your takes in good faith when they lack explanation and what little they do have is unconvincing?
@Norwee, can you please just apologize to nsg? Clearly you hurt her feelings.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1923, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1921, NorwegianboyEE wrote:"I will never be eliminated because NSG is in this game!" Is practically an example of the sort of WIFOMY statement scum!JJ makes if he knows he can’t obvtown as well as usual so he finds an overly dramatic and confident way of declaring himself town to pocket NSG and hopefully stay alive regardless of his play.
do you have some information regarding JJH specifically as a player to make the claim that that is the sort of statement that scum!JJH makes, or are you making this statement based on what you yourself would do and assuming that JJH would do the same thing?
Yes, and i’m bringing it up as an possibility to disprove your case on JJ town as i have seen players claiming to have good read accuracy on "player" be wrong before. So why should you be right when i do not receive an better answer other than the plain one. Which is that you just know because you are experienced with JJ.

- Bunno
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1930, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:
I'm a bit cheesed off by koba's drunken outburst (especially calling my post asking for details about moon's theory garbage, that felt really uncalled-for) so I'm wondering what amount of that is divergent from what koba had discussed with you prior
We haven’t discussed you recently. As I previously pointed out, it was moon’s theory I had the issue with. I hated your activity shade and yes I know you walked back on it but it still bugs me. Like I previously stated, I’m a lot more confident on who I don’t want to vote today than do. But I’ll be sure to pass this on to them.
tbf I'm also pretty frustrated in general when it comes to mafia stuff rn
can you outline who you don't want to vote rn?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1932, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:
In post 1929, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
@Norwee, can you please just apologize to nsg? Clearly you hurt her feelings.
Ok.
Sorry NSG.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1928, northsidegal wrote:for the record, i had a really long post typed up responding in-depth to , but my computer crashed literally right as i was previewing it, which was disheartening to the point that i wasn't up to re-make it earlier in the day. i'm not intentionally ignoring you (just in case you think that i am), nor would i ever deliberately play to provoke or upset you, or anyone. unfortunately, i'm not getting the same feeling back from you.
Alright. So you do actually plan to share your reasoning? That’s good then.
If you could explain why you read Nom as scum it would be great too.

- Bunno
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1931, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I feel like you’re now avoiding the answer to the questions i seek by being overly pre-occupied with my tone when i only really seek the answer to the questions i’ve asked and though my tone may be rough it usually is when i’m heavily engaged in a game of mafia.
nothing that i'm saying regards your tone. the points i've been making have specifically been about the hurtful things you've alleged about me, and the fact that it seems like some of your recent posting is driven more by a spite towards me than by a desire to win the game for town.
In post 1933, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1923, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1921, NorwegianboyEE wrote:"I will never be eliminated because NSG is in this game!" Is practically an example of the sort of WIFOMY statement scum!JJ makes if he knows he can’t obvtown as well as usual so he finds an overly dramatic and confident way of declaring himself town to pocket NSG and hopefully stay alive regardless of his play.
do you have some information regarding JJH specifically as a player to make the claim that that is the sort of statement that scum!JJH makes, or are you making this statement based on what you yourself would do and assuming that JJH would do the same thing?
Yes, and i’m bringing it up as an possibility to disprove your case on JJ town as i have seen players claiming to have good read accuracy on "player" be wrong before. So why should you be right when i do not receive an better answer other than the plain one. Which is that you just know because you are experienced with JJ.
it's a little difficult to reconcile your saying that you believe players can be sorted by meta with the things that you're saying here. the fact that some players that have claimed to have good accuracy on a player have been wrong in the past is—absent any other compelling evidence—not really strong evidence to doubt any individual claim, unless you just wholesale don't believe in meta sorting people.

i'm going to re-ask my question, because i'm not sure that i really see a clear answer to it here. you made the claim that what JJH said is "practically an example of the sort of WIFOMY statement scum~JJ makes if...". the question i'm asking is this: do you have some
specific
information about JJH as a player that leads to you making this claim? or is this statement based primarily off of your own scumplay and the belief that JJH would do something similar?

things fall apart
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Your claim that i feel spite towards you is wrong.

- Bunno
Mia and Maya Fey
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Mia and Maya Fey
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:20 pm

In post 1934, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1930, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:
tbf I'm also pretty frustrated in general when it comes to mafia stuff rn
can you outline who you don't want to vote rn?
cyrus, house, mastina, probably titus, nm, maybe tea?

NK15, nom and moon are currently worrying me the most now. I’m still extremely paranoid about jjh and worry I’m being snowed. The activity thing from both you and nom really pinged me especially from you but the rest of your posts seem to be out of your scumrange so I don’t know. Norwee’s case on jjh is making me rethink a lot of things though, not just him.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1938, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Your claim that i feel spite towards you is wrong.
i don't know whether or not you do. what i've been saying is that, based on the things you've been posting, that explanation seems to primarily fit the evidence better than other explanations.

i am glad to hear from you that you don't, but really what i care about is the evidence—that is, the posting—shifting to match that claim.

things fall apart
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1937, northsidegal wrote:i'm going to re-ask my question, because i'm not sure that i really see a clear answer to it here. you made the claim that what JJH said is "practically an example of the sort of WIFOMY statement scum~JJ makes if...". the question i'm asking is this: do you have some specific information about JJH as a player that leads to you making this claim? or is this statement based primarily off of your own scumplay and the belief that JJH would do something similar?
It’s based on what i think JJ would be doing if he rolled scum and tries to win the game as scum.
I don’t have a lot of experience with JJ so i could be wrong but i would like to see an reason for why they should be read as town if i were to change my read to town on them.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Anyway it feels like i’m saying the same thing constantly and still just waiting for an answer so i’ll get back to you on this topic when i see one.

- Bunno
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I pretty much included every post that constitutes an interaction between nom and moon, but not all will have thoughts given. Just giving notice beforehand.
Spoiler: moon and nom interaction posts
In post 863, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 744, Moongrass wrote:I mean you can act as indignant as you want, but really look at the opening of your other head, it would have been scummiest not to vote you imo.
There's something off with how the hydra and moongrass have acted towards one another and I can't pinpoint it what it is just yet but there's something fishy in those two
VOTE: Moongrass
nom takes the first shot here
In post 969, Moongrass wrote:
In post 862, nomnomnom wrote:YES it's a cyrus game
this game just got better!
Imma catch up as well
Where's the catch up?
In post 744, Moongrass wrote:I mean you can act as indignant as you want, but really look at the opening of your other head, it would have been scummiest not to vote you imo.
There's something off with how the hydra and moongrass have acted towards one another and I can't pinpoint it what it is just yet but there's something fishy in those two
Is this it? How much have you read?
This feels a bit dismissive, nom has a point I'd say when he talks about moon overlooking the actual argument to nitpick nom's seeming catch up status. Ther are times when discrepancies in catch-up status can catch scum, but I don't think this is it, chief.
In post 1087, Moongrass wrote:The point was to apply some pressure, but that's ok. I think I'm getting caught in my own web and will regroup.

VOTE: Nomnom
Moon votes nom here, starting a trend of being biased against him.
In post 1164, nomnomnom wrote:To be fair I still don't understand how you guys see Moongrass town
not only their interaction with the hydra is weird, especially the part where they make a big deal out of "I would push you so hard if it wasnt for the stumps, gosh", but the only thing they had to say about me voting them is "wait, THAT is your catchup? im voting you!", basically dodging my main argument and focusing on my posting instead
I think moon is largely pretending this game lol
I did say nom had a point here, but I also kinda feel like nom's argument was kinda easy to overlook
In post 1169, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1164, nomnomnom wrote:basically dodging my main argument
Uh what argument?
In post 1170, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1171, Moongrass wrote:Nomhead, that's not an argument. That's just you making an observation saying scum is in x vs x. I'm not sure what you're expecting me to respond to there.

Nsg can you talk a bit more about your Nancy townread?
like, this is a fair point, it's more of an observation vs. an argument.
In post 1173, Moongrass wrote:I'm thinking it's nom^3/gamma/NK15.
has nom and nk15 partnered. this becomes relevant later.
In post 1174, nomnomnom wrote:So let me get this straight: you make a whole case about nancy not reacting as she would as a townie but somehow the scum is me/gamme/NK15
fair call-out
In post 1175, nomnomnom wrote:This is what I mean by "the Moongrass x Hydra interaction feels off" it feels like you're spending your time making a case about nancy and yet you still don't scumread the hydra and you mentioned at the very beginning it was because stumps not thinking the hydra was scum
To me it reeks of scum who doesn't want to go against the hydra theory and shifting their whole play accordingly
this conclusion makes sense
In post 1176, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1175, nomnomnom wrote:This is what I mean by "the Moongrass x Hydra interaction feels off" it feels like you're spending your time making a case about nancy and yet you still don't scumread the hydra and you mentioned at the very beginning it was because stumps not thinking the hydra was scum
To me it reeks of scum who doesn't want to go against the hydra theory and shifting their whole play accordingly
I never stopped scumreading Fey hydra, but I give space in situations where I feel trigger happy, particularly in games where two stumps are advocating a wait and see approach. And I'm not ashamed of taking confirmed town reads into account when I'm not impartial due to history with Nancy.
this bothered me when I initially saw it but I didn't get around to questioning it: What does moon mean by "particularly in games where two stumps are advocating a wait-and-see approach". Does moon have prior experience with that type of scenario?
In post 1177, Moongrass wrote:I still think they're scum but I'll wait and see and solve around them for what good that does me.
I intially felt like moon didn't really live up to this post but thinking about how moon handled me and house it kinda resembles solving around the Fey hydra, with how moon questioned our hesitation
In post 1178, nomnomnom wrote:The point still is that you say all this stuff and yet you point at 3 other people being scum.
I don't buy that as a town mindset. You come off as scum appeasing stumps.
This seems like a reasonable diagnosis of moon's play, I also think more could be said but idk if I can put my finger on it
In post 1179, nomnomnom wrote:What does "giving space" mean to you by the way? Because I hardly see "not voting yet still pushing the slot as scum in the majority of your posts" as giving any space at all.
There's just something off in that whole train of thought.
For a second I thought this lacked nuance but was just because I misread due to lack of punctuation
In post 1180, Moongrass wrote:It means not interacting with them directly which I haven't for some time. Like I know it's next level play to you to actually take into account other people's reads, but it's actually easier to play as a team instead of some delusional scum hunting god flying solo. A lot of what I do won't ever be acknowledged and I've made peace with that long ago.
what even is this potshot?
In post 1182, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1180, Moongrass wrote:It means not interacting with them directly which I haven't for some time. Like I know it's next level play to you to actually take into account other people's reads, but it's actually easier to play as a team instead of some delusional scum hunting god flying solo. A lot of what I do won't ever be acknowledged and I've made peace with that long ago.
1. That is a lie, you've made the "giving space" post very early on in your iso but still interacted and wrote a case about the hydra being scum in the meantime
2. The "I know it's next level play to you to actually take into account other people's reads" is highly not necessary and comes off as discrediting a very valid point
3. So your whole argument is that you want to play as a team so I assume this means that you are basically saying you are more or less trying to follow the stumps in their assessments. While that is a fair assessment, I don't buy that, as town:
>You basically give up your nancy push because of that
>You change your gamma read from town to scum because of that (because I assume this is what it is, considering you confidently say you townread gamma early on, then for no reason include him in your hypothetical scumteam, and the only explanation I see that could justify that is norwee saying he thinks the slot is scummy)
That last self-defeating line also doesn't strike me as town at all and feels more like trying to sell to me a town mindset that doesn't exist.
I feel pretty confident that you're scum here. None of this makes sense.
I had to check this, looks like the idea that moon townread me may come from breaking up me and house as well as our early interactions starting at post 685 and going on for a small bit
also I didn't catch the correlation between norwee thinking me scummy and moon's SR on me I think, or at least I didn't think to comment on it, now that I think about it I had a passing thought on it
In post 1186, Moongrass wrote:Ok you've made your case and I'm not going to refute anything, even though I think you're misrepping me, because it's just going to go in a massive circle jerk of "you scum, no you."
This is understating what nom is saying by essentially claiming nom is plugging his ears to moon's posts. From what I'm seeing nom wasn't doing that, he just hadn't been swayed by any of it.
In post 1187, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1186, Moongrass wrote:Ok you've made your case and I'm not going to refute anything, even though I think you're misrepping me, because it's just going to go in a massive circle jerk of "you scum, no you."
I think it won't devolve into that considering you don't even have a case on me!
I think you would be scared to delve into this argument because you don't have an explanation for some things I pointed out, even if we ignore this whole point I made about your interaction with nancy being off, there are still things like your shifting Gamma read that makes absolutely no sense, would make sense you would try to avoid that discussion :]
In post 1188, Moongrass wrote:Yeah, no thanks. So did Nancy put you up to this?
In post 1189, nomnomnom wrote:Listen I had no choice, she sent a group of hoodlums to my house threatening to break everything if I didn't make a case on you all the while going on a monologue about enacting revenge on the players in this game because we didn't vote her slot to be stumped
I had no choice but to accurately point all of this out :(
ngl this joke bothers me because that last time I read something like, "the bad guys made me do it", it was the bad guys themseves lying about it
(fyi that's NOT in a mafia context, but rather it comes from a video game. No more details because spoilers.)
In post 1190, Moongrass wrote:Ok, so for arguments sake say I'm scum. What are your other reads at this point?
bruh
just because nom spent a while debating with you doesn't make you his only read
In post 1195, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1189, nomnomnom wrote:Listen I had no choice, she sent a group of hoodlums to my house threatening to break everything if I didn't make a case on you all the while going on a monologue about enacting revenge on the players in this game because we didn't vote her slot to be stumped
I had no choice but to accurately point all of this out :(
I know this is sarcasm but it's not fluff, implicit in this post is how aware of the gamestate nom actually is. I don't think it's unreasonable for her to have reads other than moongrass scum.
I don't see what moon is getting at here, again, there's the assumption that nom has no other reads because none have been stated. A lot of people assume I lack reads because I don't bother to post a list very often in most games. They exist, but in my case you typically have to actually keep track. It's not really my job to handhold people through my reads. It's honestly annoying how people will not bother to notice my reads and then suggest I haven't been posting them.
Aaaand I'm ranting now.
In post 1197, nomnomnom wrote:I think I like N_M, House and jjh for town right now.
Cyrus as I stated could go either way, he's just a very unorthodox player.
I've got some pings towards mastina early on, not because of the early list like other players stated, but it's gut and she feels different from the MBOS game we played together. Feels a bit less impassioned in this game than in the other one, although I'm unsure because of a few factors that could influence that kind of thing.
Also, again, I don't understand where that gamma scumread comes from.
this post I don't think was fabricated in the time between when moon asked aobut reads and when nom posted it, it's too detailed. As such it reinforces my point that unstated reads can still exist.
In post 1210, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1205, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1201, nomnomnom wrote:So you think the hydra is town now?
The tone of this question doesn’t feel like it’s good faith
It's not the tone, the question itself is in bad faith (much like the "case" on me) just because you don't have someone in your solve, doesn't mean you townread them. Regardless of the question I feel like NK is pulling reads out of his ass at an opportune time.
moon took this opportunity to try to make nom look worse and discredit his push on them. They also shaded NK while they were at it. Moon pretty much tried to mudsling as hard as possible when given an opening.
In post 1216, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1210, Moongrass wrote:the question itself is in bad faith (much like the "case" on me) just because you don't have someone in your solve, doesn't mean you townread them
...which is why I asked if he thinks the hydra is town.
In post 1217, Moongrass wrote:Which is a bad faith question given the posts immediately before it.
I mean, looking at it now it just seems like nom was trying to draw definitive reads out of NK15, that seems like a town-motivated thing to do. The reason it read as in bad faith was just the tone of the questioning that was going on. Aside from that it’s legit.
In post 1218, nomnomnom wrote:How is it bad faith to ask this question when a player rescinds a scumread from a solve because he thinks you and the hydra can't be scum together?
If he thinks you're scum, then I ask him if his two scumreads can be scum together and he answers "no" and removes the hydra from his solve, surely that can mean he thinks the hydra can be town because of that fact, yes?
I think there’s an unstated issue of the fact that someone not being scum with a person and thinking the latter person is scum not really making the former a townread.
In post 1282, Moongrass wrote:I think he's town actually. I'm going to find it hard to sort nom, NK read doesn't change.
(Gonna quickly establish that the “he” is me)
Thinking about this and having looked at the context (Moon asked House about how he read me, House answered that he thought me suspect but wasn’t sure essentially, Moon then posts this) it kinda feels like moon was already decided on how to read me at this time and opted to try to inject an in-thread interaction to explain the switch better.
Also, I think I just solved something that has been puzzling me for a good while.
In post 1285, Moongrass wrote:DrippingGoofball
Gamma Emerald
cyrus62
jjh927
mastina
House
Mia and Maya Fey
Not_Mafia
nomnomnom
Titus
Free Money Free Tea
Not Known 15
first messed up readlist, and I’d like to use this as a starting point to explain something. If it seems like I’m biased against moon, I’m not. I just am trying to pursue the truth. There are some parts that don’t exactly fit into the picture of moon being scum. But for the most part I think the best explanation for all of the erratic play by moon is that they are scum trying to mold their positioning without perceiving exactly how it will damage their credibility.
In post 1202, Moongrass wrote:Ahahaha VOTE: NK15
okay I straight up don’t know why I quoted this here, besides perhaps knee-jerk thinking moon was reacting to nom’s post immediately prior?
In post 1382, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1379, Moongrass wrote:But this game actually makes more sense now.
I'm not sure it does. Care to elaborate the rest of your reads? Sounds like they must have changed because of your recent interaction with House.
I don’t think this is true of all the reads but wrt the read on me this is the best in-thread explanation
In post 1384, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1285, Moongrass wrote:DrippingGoofball
Gamma Emerald
cyrus62
jjh927
mastina
House
Mia and Maya Fey
Not_Mafia
nomnomnom
Titus
Free Money Free Tea
Not Known 15
Nevermind I'm going to assume this is it.
how has gamma somehow emerged top of your list all of a sudden?
Around this time nom pretty much mind melds with me wrt the questions we’re asking. My personal conditioning has taught me these come from town a bit more than scum, so this perhaps constitutes my best reason to TR nom that isn’t based around the moon scumread
In post 1386, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1173, Moongrass wrote:I'm thinking it's nom^3/gamma/NK15.
Like I don't get what changed from this post, Gamma hasn't posted much that seemed to be AI, unless you disagree.
Also I think House's theory is plausible and I have the same line of thought. Scums like to include other scums in their solve, so if NK flips scum I think Moon has a high chance of being scum here, not only from his reaction towards the wagon approaching death, but also because of how scums like to distance each others usually.
I found out from my own play that it feels intuitive that whenever you post a solve early game as scum, you feel tempted to add a partner to your solve list at another position than number 1 and you do not vote them first, the idea being that if that partner gets voted up and limmed, you can say they were in your solve from the get go. This fits this pattern, so I can buy that sort of theory if NK flips scum.
Again, one of my concerns was my lack of posting between when the elimination moratorium was lifted and moon’s townread on me forming. It came in a different location, but this seems like we again asked the same question, just in reaction to different bits of what moon said. I find these near-matches even more convincing than when someone’s thought match mine perfectly when I’m searching for mind meld TRs, since it’s harder to create a similar sounding and viable thought process than it is to copy something wholesale. It’s why I commonly will add my opinion if I’m joining a wagon, since I believe tossing in my two cents help drive the discussion and makes my vote go down smoother.
In post 1390, Moongrass wrote:Nom go away. Stop bulldozing me like you're house's buddy. Every chance you see an opening you're like a fly to the thread. Everytime people are doing work, you're nowhere to be found. Your one track show is tired.
I feel like you’ve been doing this more than nom
In post 1391, nomnomnom wrote:Well you can either complain about me posting about you and NK, or you can answer my question about your sudden change of heart towards Gamma. How about that? :P
In post 1392, Moongrass wrote:Go buzz someone else.
In post 1393, nomnomnom wrote:I don't understand why you're so unwilling to talk about gamma?
First I ask you why you have him as scumread because it make little sense and now I ask you why the slot suddenly switched to a townread in your list because it also makes little sense, and in both these occurrences you're not willing to talk about that. How come?
In post 1395, Moongrass wrote:Because I don't spoon feed people who add nothing to this game, it's a waste of my time and not fun interacting with you.
I find it hard to say nom had added NOTHING here
In post 1396, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1395, Moongrass wrote:Because I don't spoon feed people who add nothing to this game, it's a waste of my time and not fun interacting with you.
Spoon feeding implies that I can go look up the information myself in your ISO and see clear as day what exactly got you to change your mind about gamma this much. There is no such thing in there, so I ask you directly why.
Also I don't know why you think I added nothing to this game, didn't you vote NK because you thought one of his responses towards one of my questions was hilarious? Surely that achieved something :P
again, mind meld, though idk about that example nom gave
In post 1397, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1394, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:My tr on Nom keeps getting stronger the more he posts. They speak to a townie mindset.
Yes encourage the tunnel. Thank you.
In post 1399, Moongrass wrote:Look again nom.
In post 1401, Moongrass wrote:His only content is tunneling me, and you're encouraging him to post MORE of it.
Downplaying nom’s contribution once again by saying his content is just his tunnel on you, despite the fact that at your prompting he provided several other reads, and if you actually look for real you’ll see the content in there
In post 1404, nomnomnom wrote:-snip-
whie I didn't want to straight up remove the quote as it's a part of the interaction, it's so long compared to the others in the text editing window I had to pare it down, it's not like I had much constructive to say, I just was like "yeah this checks out"
In post 1414, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1413, Titus wrote:I don't like nom calling cyrus miselimination bait. He's near a universal townread.
That's not true at all.
That call is also because I know Cyrus as a player and I read the reasons that some slots have to vote there and I call that pure mislimbait because this is what I know of Cyrus' playstyle.
I also disagree with Moon calling the read easy. I think town!Cyrus and scum!Cyrus actually have subtle differences between them that are not immediately obvious.
In post 1501, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1497, Moongrass wrote:The house and cyrus votes are towny because they are contrary to what's dominating the thread, which shows me that Gamma is playing his own game, supporting much of what I read in his ISO. The fact that he has been voting solo when I think scum are involved in the two main wagons also reads as a non agenda. Contrary to house, gamma is making reads and asking questions objectively. Contrary to house he didn't try to find a way onto a main wagon as soon as you OK'd an elim.
How good at mafia is your ex-friend?
Okay so about this “ex-friend”. Based on the timing and wording of the first post I could find with the ex-friend mentioned, I see it as possible that the ex-friend is House. Keep in mind moon’s melodramatic tendencies, and it starts to line up. I don’t actually buy that as the reason, but on paper, it tracks.
In post 1502, Moongrass wrote:Not a clue, I think a lot of what house has done here can be from either alignment but I'm leaning scum on his behavior around players under pressure in the thread.

Do you think what house has done here would be hard for scum to achieve?
In post 1504, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1502, Moongrass wrote:Not a clue, I think a lot of what house has done here can be from either alignment but I'm leaning scum on his behavior around players under pressure in the thread.

Uuuh what that in response to me?
In post 1506, Moongrass wrote:

Yes, I'm interested to know what your thoughts are on other players.
Lol nice soft implication nom hasn’t done so when he did so AT YOUR PROMPTING.
In post 1508, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1506, Moongrass wrote:

Yes, I'm interested to know what your thoughts are on other players.
I'm a bit confused is your answer to "how good at mafia is your ex-friend" -> "I don't know"?
My brain bugged out when reading your post lol
In post 1518, nomnomnom wrote:With how this conversation is going I'll never know about this mysterious ex-friend!
So much for mafia being a social experience :(
In post 1519, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1514, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1391, nomnomnom wrote:Well you can either complain about me posting about you and NK, or you can answer my question about your sudden change of heart towards Gamma. How about that? :P
In post 1392, Moongrass wrote:Go buzz someone else.
why the prickly reaction to someone else asking about your read on me, but you gave me an answer without hesitation?
Because I think nom is scum and I don't like talking to people who throw everything I say back in my face to confirm a bad read.
In post 1522, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1519, Moongrass wrote:Because I think nom is scum
You think I'm scum?
In post 1526, Moongrass wrote:
You think I'm scum?
Yes. I do but I don't want to engage with you about me so it's hard for me to feel certain about it.
In post 1528, nomnomnom wrote:
You think I'm scum?
Yes. I do but I don't want to engage with you about me so it's hard for me to feel certain about it.
I actually don't think you believe that.
In post 1529, Moongrass wrote:
You think I'm scum?
You wouldn't know what I believe since you're too busy shoving scummy intent into my posts.
In post 1549, nomnomnom wrote:AHERMMM
In post 1529, Moongrass wrote:
You think I'm scum?
You wouldn't know what I believe since you're too busy shoving scummy intent into my posts.
I can't read your mind, but I can read your votes, and they tell a very different story than you thinking I am scum.
In post 1323, Moongrass wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 1330, Moongrass wrote:VOTE: jjh927
In post 1334, Moongrass wrote:UNVOTE:
I don't think someone who has basically shoved me into a hard scumread from the big majority of this game actually spends this much time without a vote on anyone, or voting jjh for that matter.
I think a townie who is both genuinely pissed at me and sure I am scum shoves a vote onto me at any given opportunity.
So I don't really believe you believe that story all too well.
In post 1550, nomnomnom wrote:I guess it's time to call the ex friend for help?
In post 1552, Moongrass wrote:This is excellent content for D2.
I'll get into why later but this is not an okay post
In post 1555, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1554, House wrote:

I find it hilarious that you were buddying & townreading me until I called you scum, and now every other word out of your mouth is how I'm scum all of a sudden.

Way to be subtle. :lol:
I just wanted to know about that mysterious ex-friend!!!
In post 1587, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1586, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 1582, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1581, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 1580, nomnomnom wrote:I take it you think moon is town?
no nom you anit posting much is that normal for you?
Do we have the same definition of "not posting much" :lol:
why anit you pressuring no one this game. i mean you could do a wee bit more
we live in bizarro world when I have you post this and at the same time moon acting like I have harassed them to hell and back abusing every single one of their posts into an argument against them and all.
In post 1591, Moongrass wrote:I still don't know how I feel about NK15. In a world where they're town I believe house is scum.
Mastina hasn't done much since early game so she's null.
People I don't townread:
House, Nom, Mastina, Titus, NK15, FMFT, NM.
It's important to watch nom, mastina, titus day 2 you don't want all 3 close to end game.
I'm hoping some town power can be used to sort the LHFs and house.
In post 1592, Moongrass wrote:Mastina/Titus not SvS
House/NK not SvS
Nom/NK not SvS
FMFT/mastina not SvS.
now nom and NK are not S/S? These also are pretty random negative associations to throw out in general.
In post 1593, nomnomnom wrote:Can I ask why you are talking like someone hammered you?
In post 1594, Moongrass wrote:Because I'm going to be away for about 12 hours so I'll leave what I think here just in case.
Honestly I feel like the posting around this time from moongrass felt a lot like lolcatting and anti-spew, common actions from caught scum.
In post 1595, nomnomnom wrote:Hmm fair.
In post 1645, Moongrass wrote:VOTE: FMFT

Not mafia
Nom
House
Gamma
Cyrus
Feys
Titus
NK15
FMFT
Jjh
Mastina
In post 1649, Moongrass wrote:Nsg the game makes a lot more sense if jjh is scum. Fitting a team around nom doesn't work.
In post 1653, nomnomnom wrote:What changed your mind about me Moon?
In post 1660, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1652, northsidegal wrote:think you can try to explain this one? pretty sure you're just wrong here
I skim read everyone and kept making readlists that made no sense based on potential teams. I kept putting jjh up top and when I shifted him down, the team of FMFT/mastina/jjh didn't look as bad as the others.
Jjh is playing a great game here, but it's too great, almost clinical minus his hiccup at the start defending me.

Nom I think is town based on her interactions that aren't her pushing into me. Her response to you in particular, shifted my read there.

There are plenty of players here that know mastina well enough to not be scumreading her in the dark, and her shift on the hydra was just gross.

If mastina and jjh are not partnered I don't think that nullifies jjh being scum if mastina is just unengaged.
why the obsession on having a logical team Day 1? just push your scumreads the best you can. Once flips happen you can start worrying about teams. In fact you mention elsewhere your reads are in flux Day 1, why are you trying to construct a team if you don't have hard reads?
In post 1664, nomnomnom wrote:I'd love to cooperate with you NSG because I know your reads are somewhat sharp, but in this case you believe I am scum, which is obviously wrong, so it's harder for me to do so :P
I'd like to ask again: Consider a world where I'm town. Where are the scums in that case?
I think I'm warming up on town!moon, possibly, and I think the scums could be elsewhere considering the gamestate, I think a push on FMFT is not a bad idea
VOTE: FMFT
bit of a digression but I could see myself voting FMFT at some point
In post 1683, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1677, nomnomnom wrote:My main question with moon still is: is the anger genuine, and if yes, is town angry at me, or is scum angry at me? That has been my question for the majority of my push on moon.
I guess frustration is a form of anger. Generally there's a very distinctive difference between town anger and scum anger tonally. Scum tend to have weird tone shifts at weird times but town tend to get angry in spots that make sense and usually more intensely than scum.
In post 1686, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1683, Moongrass wrote:Scum tend to have weird tone shifts at weird times but town tend to get angry in spots that make sense and usually more intensely than scum.
See this reason is why you're still in the back of my mind considering some weird tone shifts in the middle of anger lol
That was largely why I asked you about your ex-friend and I got a weird tone shift right at that instant and that just made me feel "yeah this is scum".
It's so weird that you're the one telling me this too.
One side of me just thinks I was right on the money from the get go, but I think the rational side of me wants to take a look again at this game and just take my time to see what would make the most sense for scums here.
yeah, I feel like the part about being melodramatic could in part be a cover for performative play. I'd need to actually figure out moon's main to make a certain call on that, which I could potentially do? The name dropping of RC and mastina in the context of TM puts a solid cap on the number of people moongrass could be (the true maximum is like 70ish just culling the most obvious not-its)
I know I said I'd keep the main a secret and I still pretty much intend to do that to the best of my abilities, but I need to cite my sources somewhat so if someone else gets there as well I don't think I'm entirely at fault.
In post 1701, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1697, Moongrass wrote:I think there's clearly a split in the game with jjh mastina on one side and Fey nm on the other. If both groups are town then the game gets tricky.
I'm unsure I follow that logic.
In post 1703, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1701, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1697, Moongrass wrote:I think there's clearly a split in the game with jjh mastina on one side and Fey nm on the other. If both groups are town then the game gets tricky.
I'm unsure I follow that logic.
Moonlogic isn't for everyone.
In post 1713, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1708, northsidegal wrote:Guys, nom is scum.
I thought so but I only have one vote. If he is scum then I think Fey is more likely scum too which I don't mind.
This is potentially the only thing I see which supports the idea of moon+nom being scum together
it pretty much sounds like moon is trying to get out of having to vote nom ever by suggesting that if nom is scum then that makes the Feys "more scum"
In post 1715, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1645, Moongrass wrote:VOTE: FMFT

Not mafia
Nom
House
Gamma
Cyrus
Feys
Titus
NK15
FMFT
Jjh
Mastina
ah yes more jank readlist shifting
In post 1713, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1708, northsidegal wrote:Guys, nom is scum.
I thought so but I only have one vote. If he is scum then I think Fey is more likely scum too which I don't mind.
???
In post 1717, Moongrass wrote:If nom is scum then it's likely NK15 is scum because his segway into my wagon seemed to heat up around that time, right?
so moon has gone from “” to “Nom/NK15 not S/S” to “Nom and NK15 likely S/S”
I DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE ABILITY TO CAN
In post 1721, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1717, Moongrass wrote:If nom is scum then it's likely NK15 is scum because his segway into my wagon seemed to heat up around that time, right?
In post 1719, Moongrass wrote:Nsg that's where you ignore the other person. We all know you're great, can you please redirect onto if my wagon was a counter and what nom scum means for NK?
Maybe I was just right on my first read.
I believe you're just throwing stuff on a wall and seeing what sticks considering this is a completely illogical thing to think.
I think you might be the type of scum who is honest to a fault.
I would kinda lke an explanation of this "honest to a fault" thing?
In post 1725, nomnomnom wrote:Touching. Very touching.
While that is going on there is no case on me and Moongrass just opportunistically decided to change her read on me as scum despite being on the top of her list a few posts ago all because nsg said I was scum, and invoking a logic she should know isn't even true.
In post 1728, Moongrass wrote:It's on! Gloves up, I want a clean fight.
VOTE: nom
In post 1729, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1727, House wrote:
In post 1726, nomnomnom wrote:Bring it on! There is still no case on me. You've got nothing ;)
No interest in asking what my concerns are, just that "you got nothing, see! Any jury would acquit, see!"?

Not particularly persuasive, see.
No in fact I am doing the opposite.
I'm challenging nsg, moon or you to show me a convincing case on me. You guys have shown nothing, and I know I am town, so I know that whatever you will bring won't stick :]
In post 1730, nomnomnom wrote:Especially in the case of Moon which I am convinced has literally changed her read on me because of nsg. I know she will never bring an argument forward.
In post 1733, Moongrass wrote:I thought it would take until D2 with me dead for it to be obvious that nom has nothing without her tunnel on me. But that weird posting and vote shifting after I townread nom when I was no longer their target shows they really have nothing else to keep them afloat.
In post 1736, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1733, Moongrass wrote:I thought it would take until D2 with me dead for it to be obvious that nom has nothing without her tunnel on me
And that is absolutely why you've put me at the top of your list a few posts ago, because you still believed at that time that I was scum tunneling on you and that I had nothing else, correct?
In post 1745, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1736, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1733, Moongrass wrote:I thought it would take until D2 with me dead for it to be obvious that nom has nothing without her tunnel on me
And that is absolutely why you've put me at the top of your list a few posts ago, because you still believed at that time that I was scum tunneling on you and that I had nothing else, correct?
Obviously not immediately after my review, it all came flooding back with your behaviour after the townread. My reads are not set in stone yet, when I have the team sorted I'll be sure to let you know. If your only argument is that it's scummy to change reads then you've missed the boat, that was so 5 pages ago. Come with something fresh.
If you’re town, moon, I frankly think you need to stick to something, because flitting between reads just doesn’t function as a play style. I may sometimes jump tracks on my train of thought but there’s practically always a trigger. With you I can’t see any direct cause other than you “thought about it”. That’s certainly possible but the fact you frequently walk back those reads make them essentially meaningless. When I was starting out I had to learn to move my vote less, because my habit is to use it as a pressure tool, and if I’m constantly switching votes then the pressure I’m creating with it is practically nonexistent.
In post 1751, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1746, House wrote:
In post 1739, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1738, House wrote:It's pretty obvious to anyone that reads your ISO, checks out your votes, and the way your reads flow.
Oh now I *really* want an explanation for this post :lol:
1) what is supposed to be obvious in my ISO? Point it out.
2) what is scummy about my votes?
3) what is scummy about my reads?
Go on, I ain't letting you go with this weak push :)
I'm not pushing you.

I'm voting you.

If I was pushing you, you wouldn't have to ask questions.

You'd have to answer them.
Mic drop.
Dont like moon piggybacking off of House like this. Slightly strikes me as a play like something I pulled in a game where I replaced House (to help him out, I mean Family Mafia). I tried to echo a town player’s thinking as scum and got caught out on it. I’d need to think more on this to determine the validity of my observation but even on a surface level moon posting this feels bad.
In post 1754, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1745, Moongrass wrote:If your only argument is that it's scummy to change reads then you've missed the boat,
No, that is not my argument.
My argument is that you've put me on
the top of your list
then immediately rescinded that read when NSG mentioned that she thought I was scum with no reason whatsoever. I still don't know why I was at the top of your list for that brief moment, and now that you've completely changed your read, it makes posts like this completely weird:
In post 1649, Moongrass wrote:Nsg the game makes a lot more sense if jjh is scum. Fitting a team around nom doesn't work.
It just makes me think you hardly anything believe anything you post and you're just cruising by trying not to die and gain the favor of NSG here.
There is still nothing against aside from this ethereal ~behavior~ so I am still challenging you guys to make any sort of case on me.
Honestly I half-expected Moon to drop me in their reads when I started pushing them, but maybe they just haven’t realized how serious I am? But aside from me pretty much every push on them from a townread has resulted in some sort of OMGUS reaction
In post 1760, Moongrass wrote:Nom you're picking posts to suit your narrative and the posts you're leaving out explain the in between. Which for the second time is extremely scummy. As town I don't need to warp a storyline to get my reads across, only scum do that.
This doesn’t feel right. Why does it seem like nom is the only person moon has pushed when it comes to picking and choosing points as actually scummy? Moon brought it up with me and House but didn’t push us over it. Seems like Moon is just pushing points when it suits their agenda.
There’s also the fact moon seems to be trying to convince nom that he is scum, which I kinda feel scum do a little more often than town based on when I’ve noticed myself doing it but I can’t remember anytime recently I’ve done it.
In post 1762, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1760, Moongrass wrote:Nom you're picking posts to suit your narrative and the posts you're leaving out explain the in between. Which for the second time is extremely scummy. As town I don't need to warp a storyline to get my reads across, only scum do that.
I'm very much aware of your reason for townreading me back then, but it still doesn't explain why that warranted me to be on top of your list, and why you've suddenly changed your read on me.
This is exactly the critique I posted when I was at the top, although since my post came first this time, it’s not as much of a point towards the mind melding.
In post 1768, Moongrass wrote:
In post 1765, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I'd consider Nomnom!scum, but it's hard when all i feel like i'm seeing is an dogpile, and Moon yet again switching his reads like an sleazy politician always turning wherever the conditions are favourable.
A dogpile of two votes? I think my game has been anything but going with what's favorable. If that were true I would've stayed on NK instead of prodding around elsewhere and vanity voting house. I also could have just gone straight for jjh without much trouble but decided to discuss instead like a sleazy politician.
I don’t think moon’s been going with exactly what’s favorable in the thread climate, but the shifts to me feel like moon is scum with an agenda trying to adapt to the game state a bit too much and it results in logical dissonance.

So overall I think even on his own nom looks somewhat towny, and moongrass potentially being town I don't think detracts from that. And if moon is scum nom is practically conftown for me.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Part of me feels like I could have done more on that but knowing myself the sooner I got that done the better
<Embrace The Void>

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Fey hydra is town btw.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’d see one of Moon/JJ eliminated today. I’d find their flips immensely helpful.

- Bunno
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by House »

In post 1874, Titus wrote:P.S. i'm not normal.
Normalcy is for nerds.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

NK15 is still quite meh.

- Bunno
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1941, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1937, northsidegal wrote:i'm going to re-ask my question, because i'm not sure that i really see a clear answer to it here. you made the claim that what JJH said is "practically an example of the sort of WIFOMY statement scum~JJ makes if...". the question i'm asking is this: do you have some specific information about JJH as a player that leads to you making this claim? or is this statement based primarily off of your own scumplay and the belief that JJH would do something similar?
It’s based on what i think JJ would be doing if he rolled scum and tries to win the game as scum.
Okay. What would you say if I told you that—in my experience—players who have fairly distinct town and scum games don't tend to make comments like this? If I told you that, given that me and JJH are relatively similar players in terms of how we've been pushed as scum and given that I think our reactions would be somewhat similar, I think that the fact that I would never say what he said as scum is weak evidence that he also wouldn't? If I told you that, based on my
personal
evaluation of how JJH plays as town and as scum, he is not the kind of person who would employ the strategy that you described as scum, but is the kind of person who would have a high degree of confidence that his towngame shines through when he is town?

The sort of strategy that you're alleging that scum!JJH employed here is one that a certain style of scum player might employ. I do not think that JJH is that style of scum player. Just as I told moon earlier, scum!RC might say something like that, but almost nobody plays scum like RC does, so it doesn't make sense to apply tells based around RC to players who don't play like him. I understand that it might be sort of unsatisfying to just hear me say that "JJH isn't that kind of player", but I genuinely don't know how I could explain that at a lower level. If I could, I would be doing it.

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”