Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3725 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 3722, MathBlade wrote:It’s a normal
If Chaos is town and informed
He must flip Informed gunsmith
ok but if he doesnt claim his information before the scum shoot him how would we know what he is informed of?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3726 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3723, Aristeia wrote:
In post 3718, MathBlade wrote:You have given one scenario where there is only one conf in a list a mile wide

That’s no where near probable
I am giving a counter example because you are saying the game is unwinnable and the town is guranteed multiple conf town by D2 which is simply not true.
One example with <5% odds of happening is not a reasonable play
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3727 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

If all prs are town, this is a very town sided set up. We get it.

We also understand that there are convoluted ways for the scum to still win AND that mastina has made very town sided set ups before.

The current discussions don't feel like they help us win, and are better suited for yelling at Mastina in the post game.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3728 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3727, Lukewarm wrote:If all prs are town, this is a very town sided set up. We get it.

We also understand that there are convoluted ways for the scum to still win AND that mastina has made very town sided set ups before.

The current discussions don't feel like they help us win, and are better suited for yelling at Mastina in the post game.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the art of the cc still applies too!
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3729 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3725, Aristeia wrote:
ok but if he doesnt claim his information before the scum shoot him how would we know what he is informed of?
That’s why I said logical leap to what he’s informed of.
Gunsmith >> Guns
3 guns useless >> informed of 2 or less
3 on open unneeded if only 2
Informed of one gun
Checkmate
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3730 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I don't think that there is anyone in here who does not understand both points being made
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3731 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3720, Aristeia wrote:
In post 3708, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3707, Gamma Emerald wrote:then I'm conftown from being roleblocked by scum?
She’s saying Titus isn’t confirmed town
But she’s confirmed town on account of 1 scum from Chaos
In the hypothetical scenario that you outlined we don't know if Chaos will flip with the informed info.

And also there isn't a scum flip already so even if we did have the info Titus could still be a scum roleblocker.
informed does not flip with info, but in the case of town informed the informed flip is enough to verify whatever information they claimed
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #3732 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

anyways math, who is scum due to dayplay :)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3733 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3732, DkKoba wrote:anyways math, who is scum due to dayplay :)
I don’t care.
If elim Chaos I win no matter what being town
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3734 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3729, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3725, Aristeia wrote:
That’s why I said logical leap to what he’s informed of.
Gunsmith >> Guns
3 guns useless >> informed of 2 or less
3 on open unneeded if only 2
Informed of one gun
Checkmate
it could also be "x players in this game have guns TOTAL"
pretty sure that was in a gypyx game once
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #3735 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by DkKoba »

wrong answer
retired
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3736 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3733, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3732, DkKoba wrote:anyways math, who is scum due to dayplay :)
I don’t care.
If elim Chaos I win no matter what being town
:?
<Embrace The Void>

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3737 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3731, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3720, Aristeia wrote:
In post 3708, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3707, Gamma Emerald wrote:then I'm conftown from being roleblocked by scum?
She’s saying Titus isn’t confirmed town
But she’s confirmed town on account of 1 scum from Chaos
In the hypothetical scenario that you outlined we don't know if Chaos will flip with the informed info.

And also there isn't a scum flip already so even if we did have the info Titus could still be a scum roleblocker.
informed does not flip with info, but in the case of town informed the informed flip is enough to verify whatever information they claimed
Exactly

Smart play for him would be first post

One scum in setup with gun

Who cares if he gets shot then
Reveals mafia doctor has to be in setup due to normal rules
Turns rolecop into alignment cop

Gg
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3738 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 3719, DkKoba wrote:I think its just that a good portion of this group has been solved in terms of alignment telling in the lategame and thats prob why it feels like an egregiously OP setup to a scum :3
what are your reads, ignoring mech?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3739 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

koba making some sense with 3719 tho :pensive:
<Embrace The Void>

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #3740 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by DkKoba »

except chaos played his role the way a townie would with that info and softed it fairly early.

the reaction of instant vote and being excited to vote umlaut was clearly due to a townie who was like "YES I GOT THE ONE GUILTY I COULD"

reality does not favor your deflections or bad theories.

you need to case chaos if you think any of us are going to believe you are not just agenda pushing him.
retired
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3741 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Datisi »

i feel like math is posting so much, yet i don't actually know his thoughts on this game other than "too much pr" and "yeet omega autowin"

i could be dead tired but idk
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3742 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I am willing to vote Chaos if NM somehow flips town because of the investigative PRs:

Datisi is town to me because he's adorbs and Titus protected him.
Gamma is town because Chaos said so.
I do think 4 investigative PRs is a bit much so it's either Chaos or NM and NM is just way shadier than Chaos on play?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3743 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3741, Datisi wrote:i feel like math is posting so much, yet i don't actually know his thoughts on this game other than "too much pr" and "yeet omega autowin"

You forgot “this game is broken” but that’s pretty much it

Ari doesn’t think so so since she’s the only one listening I am trying to convince her so this setup doesn’t happen if she becomes/is a mod/reviewer
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3744 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 3743, MathBlade wrote:You forgot “this game is broken” but that’s pretty much it

Ari doesn’t think so so since she’s the only one listening I am trying to convince her so this setup doesn’t happen if she becomes/is a mod/reviewer
?

I do think mini normals tend to be broken. You don't have to convince me of that.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3745 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3744, Aristeia wrote:
In post 3743, MathBlade wrote:You forgot “this game is broken” but that’s pretty much it

?

I do think mini normals tend to be broken. You don't have to convince me of that.
Then why are you arguing this one isn’t? When it clearly is based on the proposed data?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #3746 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3738, Datisi wrote:
In post 3719, DkKoba wrote:I think its just that a good portion of this group has been solved in terms of alignment telling in the lategame and thats prob why it feels like an egregiously OP setup to a scum :3
what are your reads, ignoring mech?
all my reads ignore mech - or rather use mech as a supporting argument in terms of how one utilized their role with a town mindset.

I already claimed this but

datisi - titus - gamma - chaos -> pretty much conftown IMO

ari -> towny, but no holistic reason to townread. but i still think town based on gamestate.

lukewarm -> null as hell lol i cant read this shit but they've risen above scumread based on like how i think i see their thought process working here, i still cant understand this slot

math + NM is the scum team to me IMO based on how they treated eachother and umlaut slot interactions, NM scum through PoE and math through how they are agenda pushing for people who are objectively town while refusing to provide any reasoning as well as lacking the fire that town math has. i think they're in lolcat mode in all honesty beacuse they're traitor and i think limming them first is better on the off chance NM is town and i dont wanna deal with that universe without first getting scum math out of the way.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #3747 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3741, Datisi wrote:i feel like math is posting so much, yet i don't actually know his thoughts on this game other than "too much pr" and "yeet omega autowin"

they're talking in circles because he is backed into a corner its like simple as that - and all the puzzle pieces are on the table.

obviously its mainly assembleable from my POV -> but all you need to do is townread one of me or chaos and it should be able to be solved from there IMHO with the same result.
retired
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3748 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Datisi »

ok on the surface that looks Decent Enough

i'll think about it tomorrow

or maybe not. probably not
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3749 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 3745, MathBlade wrote:Then why are you arguing this one isn’t? When it clearly is based on the proposed data?
because you are using logical fallacies to argue that this game is broken beyond repair and we should kill chaos?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”