Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Been a long one at work, did we find scum yet?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Pavowski »

I was going to say I don't really understand the Skybird wagon, but I checked the iso and it's, like, empty. So I'm gonna roll with the crowd here.

VOTE: Skybird

Standing by your Juliet vote? Thoughts on CoF's claim? How do you feel about DV? Is Luke going to eat us?
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 524, GuiltyLion wrote:Skybird, what is your own read on Icebox?
Null leaning scum. I see them asking questions and interacting with people but I don't see movement in their reads. I didn't see much by way of reads period.

Pav, as I mentioned earlier I've been busy. I'm finding it difficult to follow the game on my phone and hope to do more from my computer this weekend.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 523, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 519, Skybird wrote:
In post 361, WhemeStar wrote:Icebox is hard town btw
Did you ever explain why Icebox is hard town? If not, why are you reading Icebox as hard town?
Because when bell head posts hes town
What about when the other head posts?
GTKA Skybird!

Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 526, Pavowski wrote:I was going to say I don't really understand the Skybird wagon, but I checked the iso and it's, like, empty. So I'm gonna roll with the crowd here.

VOTE: Skybird

Standing by your Juliet vote? Thoughts on CoF's claim? How do you feel about DV? Is Luke going to eat us?
Juliet has like 8 or 9 posts in 21 pages. You say my iso is empty, have you looked at Juliet's? And I agree, my iso is pretty empty but I'm working on it. :]

CoF's claim seems weird. Someone mentioned that their role card had other things that aren't known or clear yet as part or their role. Mine has that too. The mod has also stated that it will be possible to buy some things as the game goes on. In my mind it's almost like CoF made the claim for pity reasons. It's a weird claim to make, because if Cof is still alive on D4 I imagine CoF will be waggoned. So why make the claim and why do it the way they did?

DV - I haven't had a chance to really look at this slot yet.

If Luke is going to eat us, I hope we give him indigestion. (Haven't had a chance to look at him closer yet either.)

Now, I have to get some sleep.
GTKA Skybird!

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I kind of like Skybird's Icebox read. Icebox has sort of been on my radar more as well since my previously expressed reads.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 530, DeasVail wrote:I kind of like Skybird's Icebox read. Icebox has sort of been on my radar more as well since my previously expressed reads.
I don't! I doubt think enough has happened to warrant an expectation that anyone would have shifted their reads. I feel like the accusation as they put it could be leveled at practically anyone. What merit do you see here? And yes I am asking you to explain someone else's read.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 511, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 510, Bowser Jr. wrote:This head is V/LA until Monday. Officiating my friends’ wedding this weekend. (I wonder if Luke’s going to the same one!) :P

~Spiffy
Your location says Delaware, so probably not?

Would be wild tho
Update. At the rehearsal dinner tonight, I did in fact ask if the ordained minister was from Delaware.

(He was not)

Carry on
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 310, WhemeStar wrote:I think I want to vote skybird hmmm
What’s the point of this
In post 328, Bowser Jr. wrote:
In post 245, Bowser Jr. wrote:{Pavowski, Lukewarm, marci/Gamma, Bell/GIF, GuiltyLion, Skybird}
Add Ceph, strongest read is Marci followed by you despite you being a towel, followed by pavowski into lukewarm into guilty, then skybird into ceph

I think wheme is probscum at this point.
Could you pls go into some of your townreads
I also think “marci isn’t flaming obvscum so she’s town” is honestly a rather disrespectful way to be reading her. Maybe your read is more nuanced than that but Cephrir is openly saying he thinks that.
In post 337, Icebox wrote:
In post 335, Cephrir wrote:
In post 323, Icebox wrote:I'd say COF and Skybird has scum in it.
is there any particular reason why this is phrased as though the two are connected in some way
Nope, unintended
Out of all the questions you could've asked anyone, why this one?
-Bell
I think that question was actually rather valid
In post 347, Lukewarm wrote:Hot Takes:
Pav is Town
Icebox is Town
Bowser Jr. is Town

Guilty Lion is giving me mixed signals - I keep seeing things that give me a gut town reaction followed by posts that give me a gut scum reaction.

DeasVail is Scum
Off the Hook is maybe Scum - I wish Marci was posting more as either alignment, because I feel like she can both obvtown and obvscum if she just goes for it.

Child of Fairies is confusing, but has been confusing to me in every game I have encountered them (including a game where they replaced me on a rep out, so while reading along I knew their alignment for a fact)

I have very little thoughts on anyone else yet.
The only real hot take here might be having the Koopa Kid as town

-GE
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 380, Wisdom wrote:Bowser is prolly town but don't @me
Wont be voting them anyway
In post 381, Wisdom wrote:Pretty uninterested in the dv wagon too
Wheme is fine, and I could vote COF too I guess
Ngl the way you’re disengaged reminds me a little of TGifP
But I’m probably not acting on that today
In post 426, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 421, GuiltyLion wrote:If you can't understand why that would lead to a decaying read on your own slot, especially when you try to throw it back at me when I give you a genuine reach out, well
I still don't think our day 1 reads not being the same is a solid reason for a decaying read on anyone. As for the genuine reach out, I think you missed the end of that post where I said that I was actively working on a long form post explaining my thoughts on DV (because up to this point, I have yet to do that).
In post 422, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 416, Lukewarm wrote:but also 2)have seen from confined town CoF
actually can you link me to the confirmed town COF ISOs you're thinking of though? If they're historically a careless player (in the sense of missing obvious jokes/context) then that might weaken my read
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=87498

This is the one I was currently thinking of. They were in a slot that had been mod confirmed town (loud parity cop with a now flipped slot) plus they had replaced my own so, I had seen their role pm, and damn if I did not think half their posts were scummy.
I did NOT realize CoF was a SM alt lol

-GE
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 533, Off The Hook wrote:I also think “marci isn’t flaming obvscum so she’s town” is honestly a rather disrespectful way to be reading her. Maybe your read is more nuanced than that but Cephrir is openly saying he thinks that.
tarot is the only game i've played with her so my frame of reference could be bad
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 454, Icebox wrote:Pretty sure they're not going to engage with you unless LLD gets frustrated.

-Bell
I remember there being some key to LLD providing content while in this state but idrc to find it rn, mostly because I don’t wanna draw her wrath if I do it wrong
In post 474, Galron wrote:I think it started with radio buzz. It's been like I've been speaking adifferent language since.
I might be starting to learn Galronese, because I’m kinda TRing you rn

-GE
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 535, Cephrir wrote:
In post 533, Off The Hook wrote:I also think “marci isn’t flaming obvscum so she’s town” is honestly a rather disrespectful way to be reading her. Maybe your read is more nuanced than that but Cephrir is openly saying he thinks that.
tarot is the only game i've played with her so my frame of reference could be bad
That was a case of exceptional circumstances I think
She actually played okay in isekai UPick (imo the nervousness was more to do with the playerlist than rolling scum)
And I’ll say for now that scummy nerves are universal, sometimes you just don’t know how to act

-GE
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 534, Off The Hook wrote: I did NOT realize CoF was a SM alt lol

-GE
Oh... God...

I misremembered, and mixed up sm and cof. That is 100% my bad x.x

That does make me confused by whatever GL said before tho
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 483, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 482, GuiltyLion wrote:Again here you are trying to misrep me by turning my points into ridiculously generalized claims that I never made. The last two sentences of your post are absurd. Not even 5 posts ago in my ISO, 421, I was explaining to you how I could imagine how Bowser Jr could scumread DV and still be town.
to add to this, it is the way
you in particular
are scumreading DV that I take issues with, your reasons and your projected confidence in them. That does that mean "no town player could scumread DV"
This is interesting given DV TRs Luke for the way he is pushing her?
In post 496, DeasVail wrote:
In post 413, Off The Hook wrote:explain on the lukewarm bit bestie
I don't think I actually saw this when I made (I forget), but like I said there, I just get this overwhelming sense that Lukewarm seriously thinks I'm scum. I think he legitimately does not understand why I would be playing the way I am playing as town and he seems legitimately bothered that some people are reading me as town. It could be an amazing performance as scum to fake that but I'm just not seeing it right now?
I have a theory as to why this game got really hard to parse for the past couple days, and if it’s correct you might be correct about how Luke views you but not have a valid TR there.
In post 497, Pavowski wrote:
In post 484, Child of Fairies wrote:Unfortunately, I started poisoned, and my role pm gives zero indication that my death is preventable. Or at least, there's nothing in my role pm that would prevent it or says that it won't happen.
This is a bummer, man.

But I kinda doubt that a n3 death is unavoidable. My role pm says there are things about my role I may not know yet and I think it's a safe bet others have the same. Also the setup says there may be buyable items available with our gold coins. If there's a poisoned character, I'd bet my left buttock there's a cure out there somewhere.

And I buy the claim but I don't assume it townlocks CoF. Scum could just as easily have a "handicap" in this setup.

Still, for now, UNVOTE:
I have some thoughts about CoF’s role but it should at least be self-resolving.

-GE
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

Just noticed I’d been calling DV a she when DV has he listed as his pronoun. Sorry!

-GE
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 468, GuiltyLion wrote:I need to look through that game Luke sent me,
I think I did notice in skimming it that COF missed somebody's claim
so TBD on if it changes my mind at all when I have time to do a proper deep dive, which is not now unfortunately
@GuiltyLion, Child of Fairies was not in this game, meaning you could not have seen anything from them on a skim -- care to weigh in?

Cause I am having a hard time looking at this, and not thinking "this is a bold faced lie"

VOTE: guiltylion
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

I don’t think that’s as incriminating as you seem to believe.
Also, good with our skybird vote, though a Luke wagon would be nice and spicy imo

-GE
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 542, Off The Hook wrote:I don’t think that’s as incriminating as you seem to believe.
Also, good with our skybird vote, though a Luke wagon would be nice and spicy imo

-GE
Wild.

There is a discrepancies, but you don't think that it is enough to, let's see:

put someone at E-SEVEN and
ask them to address it

Like ???
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I very much want guilty lion to respond, and my vote can float there until he does, but atm I have officially reached the point that I am game for Off The Hook to die. Not just placing votes for pressure, they can be voted out. I am ready for that.

Marci's increasingly non-presence - she seems to be at less then 1 post a day for the last 4 days, combined with my earlier issues with her play so far this game.

And now - 542.

That puts them at "I actively want them to be the day 1 flip" levels of certainty (and for the people who apparently could not tell this while reading my earlier posts about dv or gl, they are the first person to actually cross into that area for me)
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:15 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 543, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 542, Off The Hook wrote:I don’t think that’s as incriminating as you seem to believe.

-GE
Wild.

There is a discrepancies, but you don't think that it is enough to, let's see:

put someone at E-SEVEN and
ask them to address it

Like ???
It doesn't matter how much pressure you're actually putting down, the tone of your post was nasty as fuck. You immediately leapt to being accusatory, rather than genuinely asking GL in good faith what was going on.
Also marci hasn't really been posting in hydra chat either. And your "previous issues" are ultra-stinky and you pretty much refused to engage me on my problems with them before.
VOTE: Lukewarm
Forget skybird, let's settle this.

-GE
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 542, Off The Hook wrote:Also, good with our skybird vote, though a Luke wagon would be nice and spicy imo
That's what i thought too, gl vote above your post was awful
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Eh 544 is more cheeky I guess
Ill stay on skybird
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 540, Off The Hook wrote:Just noticed I’d been calling DV a she when DV has he listed as his pronoun. Sorry!

-GE
All good!! I don't mind.
In post 531, Cephrir wrote:
In post 530, DeasVail wrote:I kind of like Skybird's Icebox read. Icebox has sort of been on my radar more as well since my previously expressed reads.
I don't! I doubt think enough has happened to warrant an expectation that anyone would have shifted their reads. I feel like the accusation as they put it could be leveled at practically anyone. What merit do you see here? And yes I am asking you to explain someone else's read.
I think you're interpreting what Skybird has said in a way that could be unfair to her. I agree that I'm not necessarily going to expect people to be "shifting" their reads, but I do expect reads to be dynamic to some degree.
You start off with a weak scumread on someone. Does what they post after that strengthen or weaken your read? I expect to get a feel for what someone is thinking as the game goes on, even at an early stage.

The Icebox slot has been interacting in a mostly disconnected way, which made sense to me, to begin with, and there's the example of mild hydra dissonance on the Bowser Jr slot. However, apart from that I do agree with Skybird that there doesn't seem to be that much evidence of genuine formulation of reads, and I suppose this was a part of what was causing me to look a little more closely at what Icebox is doing. I'm not a stage yet where I would vote for them or pursue them as a scumread, and I have suspicions re: Skybird's alignment, but Skybird having suspicions of the Icebox slot is something I liked.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:44 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 534, Off The Hook wrote:Ngl the way you’re disengaged reminds me a little of TGifP
But I’m probably not acting on that today
I had to search my wiki to find what youre referring to
I dont remember at all how I was feeling there, but my d1 looked pretty towny and not really disengaged?
Anyway I deserve one more relaxed game once in a while. Dont let it alarm you

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”