Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:40 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I think Kahunia is likely to be a scum with a thief role. As Massive said, there is no reason to paint us as fools with such a silly role claim. Shame on you for those who unvoted. You just got played.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:17 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Vote Count

big_kahunia
(Internet Stranger, Leonidas)
shelper
(big_kahunia)

not voting: Yggdrasil, massive, Corsato, Dodgy, Locus Cosecant. shelper, Flying Dutchman

10 alive,
6 to lynch
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:44 am

Post by shelper »

What i'm wondering is why big k
would
lie about his role? If he were evil, he could plainly see from the opening post that people are given simple titles
(pastrelli goon, neighbourhood watch)
. Why would he go and risk a good and simple snoop claim to try and pull off a James Bond. The only reason i can come up with is because it really *is* his role and wants to be honest towards the town. If scum would claim something so totally out of place like James Bond they would just be drawing more attention to themselves, which is the last thing they want.
[size=75][i]No, Im a rebel! You cant bully me into doing things I dont want to![/i] -VisMaior [/size]
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:31 am

See? Youre falling for a double blind reverse psychology multiple delusional alternate angle of malicious deceit.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:50 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Well, there go my top two suspects, if we can believe b_k. When in doubt,
vote: Internet Stranger
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:51 am

Post by Dodgy »

Well, as exciting as it sounds that BK might be pulling a fast one, I can confirm that he was in my house.
I for one believe him so now its time to turn attentions elswhere!
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:52 am

Post by Dodgy »

Locus, I told you your theory was crap!
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:11 am

Ok listen... lets see if you can actually understand this...

THE FACT BK WAS IN YOUR HOUSE DOESNT PROVE THAT HE IS A GOOD GUY.

The 007 claim sounds like crap. That leads me to believe that he is one of those mafia spies instead. Had he claimed that he was just a common house burglar, I would have believed him. Now think for a moment, spare us a brain cell. WHAT THE HELL IS 007 DOING HERE?!? Last I heard we dont have Russian Communists, Nazi Soldiers or Eccentric mutitrillionaire megalomaniacs bent on world destruction.

007 Can go to hell, he doesnt fit in this game. Is that so damn hard to understand?
Show

Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:43 am

Post by Corsato »

I have to agree with IS on this one. The fact that he was in your house doesn't prove him to innocent. It would help though, if his claim wasn't so unbelievable.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:46 am

Post by big_kahunia »

I repeated what I am in my pm.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:31 am

Post by Dodgy »

Ok IS, I hear you, but if he was Mafia. why didnt he kill me when he was in my house?
Either the doc saved me or he is telling the truth.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:10 pm

Didgy, smartperson, I already made the assumption that he is some sort of mafia spy. There have been cases with scum where they each have a role to do. One kill, other fingers his butt, others spy on people, etc etc.

Are you really acting this dense on purpose?
Show

Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:36 pm

Post by Dodgy »

IS, it is you that is acting dim!
Lets put it this way, playing one of Kerplunks games, did you think we would all have just the normal boring old roles?
I know what I am talking about dick brain!
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:06 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

The only places I have seen a mafia spy are in theme games (big ones), say Jeep's seuss games. In a mini, I don't think Kerplunk would use that role. IS, can you name me a mini, where the mafia had a spy?
fos: IS
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:48 pm

So there can never be a first? Youre avoding the point that 007 is as natural here as a fish on a bicycle.
Show

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:03 pm

Post by massive »

Yeah, I'm trying to make this make sense and it just doesn't. If BK is a "cop" whose MO is "breaking into people's houses", and he gets caught every night, then he's the worst 007 in history. I mean, worse than Roger Moore.

There's another possibility beyond mafia spy, and that's mafia wannabe -- who searches one person each night looking for the mafia, and joins them when he finds them.

vote big_kahunia

His defense is that he wants us to point to an example where a Mafia spy has been used in a mini? It's
post hoc ergo propter hoc
and the two things are completely unrelated. And people seem to forget that there were legitimate reasons for the bandwagon to begin with before hopping off at the ridiculous roleclaim.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:42 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

OK, I'm convinced.

Vote: Big_Kahunia.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:07 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Vote Count

big_kahunia
(massive, Flying Dutchman, Internet Stranger, Leonidas)
shelper
(big_kahunia)
Internet Stranger
(Locus Cosecant)

not voting: Yggdrasil, Corsato, Dodgy, shelper

10 alive,
6 to lynch
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:26 am

Post by Dodgy »

I just can't go with your bandwagon again.
Maybe I am wrong and I will look stupid if BK does indeed turn out to be mafia but I seriously suspect that he is not and for that reason, I
FOS: Flying Dutchman
for jumping off and then on again without contributing anything other than background agreence.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:46 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Hmm hmm * dark algorithms *

confirm vote: big_kahunia

On top of everything that has been said: James Bond would not be wasting his time searching houses. He would probably be a vig, not a burglar.
Got a licence to kill...
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:34 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

big_kahunia wrote:A thought just occured to me. When someone claims, they usually claim their role and their character--the whole nine yards. NTW just claimed his role. Why would he not claim his character? Kerplunk made it sound like the mafia is one family with a last name. Perhaps he didn't claim a character since he is mafia and hasn't thought of a good one to claim.
fos wolfie
If b_k is indeed mafia, it seems unlikely to me that he would post this on day 1 if he had no idea whether pro-town roles would receive character names.

The one thing I am uncomfortable about is his unwillingless to claim when his claim would give the town more information and when there is a doc left to protect him after the claim.

For now, I am comfortable with not voting for b_k. If we have more investigative roles, I think investigating him just in case would be a good idea.

Right now I am uncomfortable with Corsato, who has posted relatively little in terms of content.
vote: Corsato
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:58 am

Post by Jaguar »

I'm here to replace Big Kahunia who's gone to Nebraska or something :roll: . Now I need to pick up the pieces. Give me some time to catch up on the thread.

I need a new tagline...
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:24 am

Post by Corsato »

I think defending yourself is the right way to start....or at least claim if you don't know what to do.

I was about to vote for Big_K, but I believe it's fair to give Jaguar some time.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:55 am

Post by Jaguar »

I've had a chance at a quick first read and he did indeed leave me in a fine mess, didn't he. There's not much I can add to his role claim. I really am Sean Connery, Mr. James Bond. As Sean Connery, playing Bond for so long has given me some experience in helping the town. At night I can go into people's houses and see if they have anything that points to them being scum in their house. Sadly, I don't know what I'm looking for as the two people investigated are certainly innocent, unless I'm naive.

As for the three districts, we have the train station, the university and the harbour. So far that's not really helping us with anything as we don't know where Nanook really made his bed, although he claims it was the Harbour district when he wasn't hiding, or lying as the case may be, we have nothing to go on.

What I do find interesting is that he chose Corsato as his "alibi" or hide behind person. I don't think that this necessarily makes him innocent because an easy comeback would be to say that scum don't want to be linked together, so why would he chose a fellow scum? On top of that, Corsato conveniently put on the last vote on Nanook. Trying to impress on us later that he can't be scum because he put scum away? We can't really use Nanook's voting patterns, because he didn't have any. he random voted Ygg and unvoted late in the day and never voted for anyone else.

As for IS, I can never tell if he's scum or not and actually wished that BK's night one investigation would have been IS to make my life easier...

Well, that's that. A full claim, which BK had already given. To me, Corsato appears most scummy at this time, but I'd like to get a better feel of the players first (like I said, it was a quick read). I will
unvote
at this time though.
I need a new tagline...
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:03 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

That claim makes a bit more sense... but it's also noticeably distinct from what big_kahunia said. Trying desperately to salvage yourself?
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”