Mafia 88- Return to New Catania- Game Over!

militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:46 am

Post by militant »

Vote GeorgeCarlin

I liked George Carlin :(
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:39 am

Post by militant »

Battle Mage wrote:
Der Hammer wrote:
Natirasha wrote:
Vote: Natirasha

Also, see sig.
Explain yourself
?

BM
I think what Der Hammer meant was "what motivated you to vote yourself?" although I could be mistaken.
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:36 am

Post by militant »

Sorry about the recent inactivity on my part, a relative of mine fell ill, I have otherwise been preoccupied with visiting her. I will re read tomorrow and offer my opinions and thoughts then.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:22 pm

Post by militant »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Also, lurking will not be tolerated for much longer.
This made me laugh a little; I could be being way too over analytical but I think OhGodMyLife may have said this because
if
he is mafia one of his mafia buddies may be lurking and he said this to kick start them into talking so they don't look suspicious when OhGodMyLife picks up on lurkers and votes one of them to pressure them perhaps.
Shanba wrote:
Yos wrote: On another note, I like OGML's vote for Sir T, and am interested to see how Sir T responds.
Why are you still not voting anyone, Yos?
Why do you think Yos should be voting? Since I first played mafia on another site I have always thought that a person's vote is extremely important; I find it weird that you would take an interest in why Yos is not voting. Why do you take an interest in Yos's vote?
OhGodMyLife wrote:Yos, hurry up and put your money where your mouth is before you start looking scummy.
Another person that is interested in where Yos's vote is going to go. Why do you also take an interest in Yos's vote?
Puta Puta wrote:Yes, let's all vote SensFan
Puta Puta wrote:Yos, are you sarcasm-intolerant ro something? my last post "let's all vote SensFan" was OBVIOUSLY a joke, sheesh...OH HAI THAR ECTO, u in my other game, :D
Puta Puta wrote:
Natirasha wrote:So, what have I missed?
EVERYTHING, it's too late, for you have failed greatly....
Fos: Puta Puta
. None of your posts seem to be actually contributing to the game. You pop in and post stuff but never actually give your opinion on what is going on. I would like to hear something game related from you please. :)
tubby216 wrote:@ yos
i have posted i have been reading i have nothing of substance to post, untill something pops up that i need to adress i prefer to stay out of the way
I am going to throw my vote at Tubby also as to pressure him and to hopefully get him talking more.
Unvote: Vote Tubby

Yosarian2 wrote: Millitant: Three posts, no content. His last post said that:
Millitant wrote: Sorry about the recent inactivity on my part, a relative of mine fell ill, I have otherwise been preoccupied with visiting her. I will re read tomorrow and offer my opinions and thoughts then.
I certanly understand real life stuff getting in the way, but you made this post back on the 10th, promising you'd re-read "tommorow". Have you had a chance to do that yet?
I re read today. Life has been hectic. I am playing one less game here now so should have a bit more free time to post in my three remaining games.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:29 am

Post by militant »

OhGodMyLife wrote:I'm not protecting lurkers, I already found scum, and thats more important.
OhGodMyLife wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Tubby

This bandwagon has some legs.
Before hand you were very adamant and confident that you had found scum and you vote was where you wanted it on Sir Tornado but as soon as a bandwagon comes along you seem to totally forget about your previous convictions and jump on said bandwagon. Why the sudden change of heart?
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:17 am

Post by militant »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
militant wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:I'm not protecting lurkers, I already found scum, and thats more important.
OhGodMyLife wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Tubby

This bandwagon has some legs.
Before hand you were very adamant and confident that you had found scum and you vote was where you wanted it on Sir Tornado but as soon as a bandwagon comes along you seem to totally forget about your previous convictions and jump on said bandwagon. Why the sudden change of heart?
I didn't forget any previous convictions, but the sir t wagon doesn't, it seems, have any legs, and I like having my vote somewhere that it does some good.

Criticising me for joining the bandwagon
you
are on makes me think you might already know its a bad wagon.
I am not criticising the wagon, I think it is good if it gets tubby talking and stops him lurking, but I was suspicious of you because you seemed so sure that Sir T was scum and then you just hop to another wagon. Would you care to elaborate on the phrase "have any legs"; I have never heard of it before. If I understand it correctly you thought Sir T's wagon was not going anyway and was not going to result in a lynch so you jump on another which could materialise into a lynch. This coupled with the speed at which you unvoted Sir T leads me to beleive you just want someone lynched rather than someone you actually beleive to be scum.

The bolded sentence. As you acknowledged, we are both on the same wagon. I have already said I support the wagon because I think tubby needs pressuring, you on the other hand say the bandwagon "has legs" which implies you think it is a good wagon and could result in a lynch. Yet in the bolded sentence you say I might already know it is a bad wagon. If you think it is a bad wagon then why did you join it? If I have misunderstood the phrase "has legs" then I suppose you can ignore this paragraph.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:10 am

Post by militant »

Seraphim wrote:When did you make this list? Nat has since returned and tubby has made several comments pretty much confirming that he is a lurker who needs to be lynched. Militant has also made several comments and is participating. Sensfan has posted quite a few times. Are you reading this game, BM?
The same question could be asked of you. In post 252 BM said that he was constructing a list of lurkers but Yos decided to as well so BM did not need to post his. BM then said post 259 "screw it", BM decided to post his lurker list as well. The list must have been compiled roughly about the same time as Yos's was. Which explains why it is now inaccurate because as you said some of the people on the list have now started to post.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Post by militant »

Welcome Incognito and Volkan :)
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:35 am

Post by militant »

Battle Mage wrote:
Sobeahero wrote:Okay, I'm going to be unable to return to the world of teh web for a while, so Imma need replace. :(

This makes me sad panda.
speakin of Panda's, I will take it as a PERSONAL INSULT if you choose to leave this game.

BM
Why?

:?
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:13 pm

Post by militant »

I agree, Tubby should not be lynched anymore due to the fact that he is contributing now. I am going to throw my vote at Puta Puta; he is beginning to annoy me with his blatant disregard for the game and the participants.

Vote Puta Puta

Mod
:Would it be possible for you to post how many votes are required for a lynch with the vote counts please :D
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:07 am

Post by militant »

Wow, I just counted the votes for Puta Puta and I unknowingly just put him at L-1.

Unvote

Puta Puta, care to claim?
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:52 am

Post by militant »

Sir Tornado wrote:
iamausername wrote: Me too. If I'd thought he was at L-1, I totally would have hammered. If anyone deserves a policy lynch, it is Puta Puta, and that would be an awesome way to enter the game.
Hammer without a claim? Why would anyone want to do that?
My thoughts exactly thus my Unvote when I realised.
The Fonz wrote:Puta Puta (7): Natirasha, Yosarian2, Seraphim, Puta Puta, xyzzy, Der Hammer, tubby216
That's part of the vote count from page 16.

Since then Xylthixlm, vollkan and militant have all voted him with brings him to a total of 10 votes, 12 would lynch him I think so he was at L-2. My mistake. Irrespective of my blatant inadequacies as a mafia player I still think Puta Puta needs to claim dsepite the fact that he is now at L-3 :oops:
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:47 pm

Post by militant »

I will also
Unvote
now that Puta is being replaced.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:21 am

Post by militant »

School's been busy, I will collect my thoughts and post tomorrow.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (isolation #14) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:27 pm

Post by militant »

I am going to re read today, sorry for being inactive, I have been busy at school and out buying presents for Christmas.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:03 am

Post by militant »

I just got back from holiday, I will re read in the morning and post then.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:52 am

Post by militant »

Sir Tornado wrote:I am going through a period of acute depression (academics) please tolerate me for sometime. Not all the inactivity is down to that though. I generally play in bouts of concentrated activity with a brief period of inactivity, but I agree that this recent inactivity was way too excessive.
I am much the same, I didn't pay much attention to this site as a whole over the festive period but I am back and concentrating now. Sorry for the inconvenience but I like to see my immediate family at Christmas.

Yes Elmo, I suck at life :wink: Again sorry for the inactivity

Anyway my thoughts on the two possible bandwagons go like this: I think Der Hammer should be lynched over Seraphim due their claims. A cop can investigate Seraphim but a cop investigating Der Hammer is futile. As previously stated, Der Hammer's contribution to town is little with all the ambiguity regarding his role and the fact that the only way to confirm he is telling the truth is to kill him. Seraphim on the other hand can be investigated tonight to clear or incriminate him tommorow.
Xylthixlm wrote:I'll move my vote to Seraphim if it's needed for a lynch, but right now I completely fail to see why Seraphim is a better vote than Der Hammer. Can anyone fill me in?
I agree with Xylthixlm
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:29 am

Post by militant »

Claus wrote:Getting from Elmo:

Unofficial Vote Count

Seraphim (11): Claus, curiouskarmadog, Der Hammer, Natirasha, vollkan, Hoopla, OhGodMyLife, magisterrian, Yos, Xtomx, Shanba
Der Hammer (7): Xylthixlm, Seraphim, tubby216, Elmo, skitzer, Ectomancer, IAUN
OhGodMyLife (2): farside22, Sir Tornado
Tubby216 (1): SensFan

Not voting: militant

=====

L-1. So, who would like the honour?
May I?

I didn't vote in my last post, I thought there was more discussion to be had, I was right.
Seraphim
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:32 am

Post by militant »

EBWOP

Vote Seraphim

Sorry :oops:
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1076 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:16 am

Post by militant »

Claus wrote:In honor of the dead, let's get some stuff out of the way:

1- I'm indeed a cop, PutaPuta didn't lie about that, if anyone was still wondering.

2- I'll reveal my investigation result later today, after we had some discussion. I think if everyone pointed out who they are suspecting now and why would be a good start.
Why are you going to reveal your result after some discussion?
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:12 am

Post by militant »

tubby216 wrote:but after some discussion claus could better pick out who his suspect should be.

i think what ecto is getting at this game is called "mafia" not "folllow the cop"

i still don't like OGML and i still think we should have lynched Der hammer
I still don't really get it. Your explanation only helped in confusing me further.

In your first sentence it seems to suggest that Claus needs to adjust his suspect list before he allows the information that only he knows into the public domain so everybody can then do what he was doing while restricting information. Firstly it does not seem logical. The second sentence also doesn't sit right with me; we would not follow the cop if he had an innocent because there is not much to follow where as we would follow the cop if he got a guilty result. This suggests you know the result of Claus's investigation which is presumably guilty. I shall be very interested as to Claus's investigation results.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1246 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:25 am

Post by militant »

Thanks for the Game Fonz.

Good Luck Town

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”