Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Caboose »

Battousai wrote:
Vote: Caboose

For thinking that I know why. I do, but still, STOP TELLING ME WHAT I KNOW argh!!!! ;)
Go sign up for my game on the IRON site, and I'll consider unvoting you. :wink:
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Caboose »

Mizzy wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Mizzy wrote:Oh, and by the way, I took the original question to be "Why did you self-vote?" The answer to that is not "It's subjective." I want an answer to why he decided to self-vote.
Because I felt like doing it.
So why, exactly, couldn't you have just answered that in the first place? Why did you have to be purposely vague and unhelpful?
This.

Also, what's the meta on Ramus. Does he have a history of doing this (like Natirasha) or is this a first time thing?

@Ramus: Please forgive me if I use the incorrect pronoun and feel free to correct me.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Caboose »

urielzyx wrote:Conections from RV are WIFOM anyway, also, they do not help here because SK has no conections to anyone...
Is this a slip?
CR wrote:Vote: ortolan Why were you defending Ramus?
Is that seriously the reason for your vote? That's pretty weak.
Ramus wrote:This was two different experiments I tried to pull off. One being ending the random voting phase early, which was successful I guess. The second being Fong's gambit. I hoped to catch some scum off guard, didn't work though. However, I did find townie looking people.
Of all the gambits that I know of, the one I HATE, no, LOATH the most is Fong's gambit. It's not catching anyone. It's just bad play. And it also gives a good excuse for scum who do something scummy early on.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Caboose »

Ramus wrote:
Mizzy wrote:Ramus, would you please be so kind as to look under my icon (which is a flamboyantly pink obviously-female furry kitty) and look what sex I am before you post pronouns regarding my gender? Thanks.
Colorblind.
Sorry about that, but there's still the gender symbol under Mizzy's avatar.
Ramus wrote:
Of all the gambits that I know of, the one I HATE, no, LOATH the most is Fong's gambit. It's not catching anyone. It's just bad play. And it also gives a good excuse for scum who do something scummy early on.
Vote for me if you think I'm scummy. The one think I loathe is whiny players who don't do anything.
What was whiny about what I said?
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:39 am

Post by Caboose »

Ramus wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Vote for me if you think I'm scummy. The one think I loathe is whiny players who don't do anything.
For one, you call my play a bad one, yet you haven't made any real play yourself. Secondly, you call sum while you're at it. VOTE FOR ME IF YOU'RE GOING TO CALL ME SCUMMY.
There might be some people out there (ClockworkRuse for example) that might deserve my vote more than you. I'm still trying to determine that.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Caboose »

urielzyx wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
For one, you call my play a bad one, yet you haven't made any real play yourself. Secondly, you call sum while you're at it. VOTE FOR ME IF YOU'RE GOING TO CALL ME SCUMMY.
There might be some people out there (ClockworkRuse for example) that might deserve my vote more than you. I'm still trying to determine that.
what about FoS and IGMEOY?
FoS's and IGMEOY's suck and I try to keep my use of them to a minimum.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Caboose »

CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
urielzyx wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
IGMEOY: Caboose
Any particular reason?
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Caboose »

Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
urielzyx wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Any particular reason?
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Caboose »

Quote pyramid!
CarnCarn wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
urielzyx wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Ramus wrote:
Caboose wrote: What was whiny about what I said?
Any particular reason?
How do you propose to keep track of multiple players whom you find suspicious? Personally, I use FoS and IGMEOY as a way of in-thread notetaking, especially useful for later in the game, but also as a way to get more serious attention of someone I think is acting scummy.
The IGMEOY on you was partly jest and partly a concern that you may be focusing your efforts only on one person at a time.
I personally think that an FoS is synonymous to nothing. It's pretty much a "I formally accuse you of being scummy
in bold
text". I can accuse people without using an FoS.
But that's a matter of personal opinion and playing style. I'm not sure why that merits suspicion.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Caboose »

Checking in. Will post after read-through of what has recently happened.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Caboose »

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, this game has kind of been neglected by me.

I hope to fix that.

Looking at the CR and ortolan arguement:
CR wrote:If you haven't noticed, not everyone is voting Ramus because he self-voted. Look back and read over his answers, he has basically refused to explain himself.
This.
CR wrote:The same goes for TheAdmiral, defending someone else detracts from the answers we can get from your reactions. These aren't "unmerited", these are my beliefs about the game. Defending someone else makes it too easy for scum to get away from questions and pressure.
Wait a second, since when did defending someone become a scumtell? I'm going to have to disagree here. Defending is a reaction in and of itself.
CR wrote:And second, the fact that you thought I voted Ramus tells me that you aren't reading the thread completely.
No wonder. All the postage that I read has always made my eyes roll back in my head. As you can probably tell from my short writing style, I don't have that long of an attention span and can't read big blocks of verbage.
Batt wrote:To me, I feel that he was just saying "Yah, Ramus is scummy, but I don't want to place a vote on Ramus because Ramus is feeling pressured." I believe he was coming up with a reason to NOT vote Ramus. The scum reasons I can see are that CR may not want to vote his partner OR CR didn't want to appear scummy by jumping on a bandwagon to just add pressure OR wants to stay away from a growing bandwagon in case it comes to fruitation and Ramus is revealed as town.
That makes sense to me.
Ad wrote:@ battousai: I'd say something in response to that, but that would be defending...
Why do you act like everyone's out to get you?
Ad wrote:I feel bad doing this but vote: caboose.
I think it's probably the most favorable lynch at the moment.
Please define "most favorable."

I'll attempt to wade through the postage a little later. Sorry. :(
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Caboose »

CarnCarn wrote:
Unvote

Caboose, I see you're still keeping your early vote on Batt. Did you mean to do this?
Completely forgot about that.
Unvote

I would like to keep my vote on someone. And TheAd jumping on my bandwagon with little reasoning makes me a little suspicious, but I'll let him defend himself before placing a vote.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Caboose »

Mizzy wrote:I just got home but there is a huge chance I won't be able to catch up until Monday. I will try for tomorrow but Monday is the more likely choice.
I hope you have an attention span longer than mine.
TheAd wrote:I mainly voted because the deadline was coming up and I don't like not voting at the end of a day.
Fair enough. I don't like not voting either.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Caboose »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:What a coincidence, as soon as I call out Caboose he starts posting at a rate much faster than before. But his posting still has a distinct pattern:

"There might be some people out there (ClockworkRuse for example) that might deserve my vote more than you. I'm still trying to determine that. "

"I'll attempt to wade through the postage a little later."

"I'll let him defend himself before placing a vote."

"Fair enough. I don't like not voting either."

He keeps delaying actually scumhunting and placing vote. I still like my vote.
If you want the long-winded posts or if you expect me to read long postzillas, you will be disappointed.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by Caboose »

Could someone please summarize why CR is obvscum?
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Caboose »

CarnCarn wrote:
ROFLcopter wrote:townlist:
mizzy
carncarn
mach-maf
axelrod
Maybe it's just me, but I really don't like kinds of lists. The players often end up dead the next day.
FoS: roflcopter
That's how rofl rolls, there's no need for an FoS because of it.
Mizzy wrote:And let me get this straight...you don't want ROFL helping the scum inadvertently by telling everyone who he thinks is what, and yet you FoSed him? An FoS tells us you might suspect someone is scum. However, if he is scum, and he posted a list of those he thinks is innocent, there's no real harm done because the scum will find out anyway. So to me, you basically scolded someone as if they were a bad townie and then accused them of being scum. Which is it?
Mizzy beat me to it. I don't get why a town list, especially from someone like rofl, merits an FoS.
Vote: CarnCarn

For FoSing rofl for a BS reason.
MM wrote:The pattern of Caboose's posts continues. In both of his twos posts after I pointed out the pattern, he is still delaying actually scumhunting and placing vote.
Yes, it does continue, and will continue. I post in short spurts of writing, I don't read or make really really long posts.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Caboose »

CarnCarn wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Vote: CarnCarn

For FoSing rofl for a BS reason.
This from someone who thinks FoS's are pointless anyway.
Just because they're pointless, it doesn't mean that they don't have to have a good reason behind them.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by Caboose »

CC wrote:1. That's counterintuitive. Something pointless doesn't need to have a point to it, yes?
2. There was a reason for it and I've explained twice now why it could hurt the town.
3. Voting for someone because they FoS'd is really weaksauce.
1. OK, now you're just arguing semantics.
2. Yeah, but the reason isn't valid and it looked contrived.
3. No, what's weaksauce is FoSing with no reason.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Caboose »

CC wrote:Chances of scum being on my wagon... quite high.
2 votes is a wagon?
Also people who say this are usually scum.

Vote stands.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Caboose »

roflcopter wrote:
Caboose wrote:
CC wrote:Chances of scum being on my wagon... quite high.
2 votes is a wagon?
Also people who say this are usually scum.

Vote stands.
its difficult to track the meteoric rise in the probability of caboose being scum
Oh, so I'm scum because my vote doesn't match up with yours and because I'm not on the popular bandwagon?
Seriously?
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Caboose »

Hmmm...
Let me get what you're saying then.
Is it this?

"Caboose is scum with CR because Caboose isn't jumping on the popular CR bandwagon and trying to 'stall'."
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #22) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by Caboose »

rofl wrote:which is a horrible overgeneralization
No, a horrible overgeneralization is that anyone who is not on the popular wagon is scum trying to save someone.

And @CR: I don't believe rofl is scum. In fact, from how he's playing so far, I'm pretty sure that rofl is town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”