Micro 1067: Is There a Doctor in the House? - Game over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:01 am

Post by Pavowski »

Official Round 1.1 Votecount

Elimination
GrandpaMo
(3): Tabibitos, Abnegation, Scoliosis
Scoliosis
(1): Elements
Galron
(1): GrandpaMo

Not Voting
(4): Enchant, Vanderscamp, Galron, BurgerParty

With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline
: (expired on 2023-01-11 14:17:17)

Mod notes:
BurgerParty has not yet picked up their role PM. They have (expired on 2023-01-02 21:48:23) before I begin seeking a replacement.
:nerd:
Last edited by Pavowski on Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:02 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 72, Scoliosis wrote:I have no read on Enchant in either direction. I might use Enchant as a baseline to compare everyone else because I don't think Enchant could be more null if they tried.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Scoliosis »

In post 74, Tabibitos wrote:
In post 71, Scoliosis wrote:Where is NorwegianBoy? I want to talk to them.
I'm Norwegianboy. Shirou is Aether.

- Lumine
Oh okay, I will call you Lumine. I haven't played with Aether before. Did you two roll Town?
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:11 am

Post by Scoliosis »

In post 76, Enchant wrote:
In post 72, Scoliosis wrote:I have no read on Enchant in either direction. I might use Enchant as a baseline to compare everyone else because I don't think Enchant could be more null if they tried.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Enchant »

I have 2/5 chance to have kill and i want abuse this chance for full extent.
Wizard-Mercenary

Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Scoliosis »

GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:18 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 70, Scoliosis wrote:Hey guys I just bought a lottery ticket. Am hoping to win millions.

VOTE: GrandpaMo

GrandapaMo is scum and trying to pocket Elements and Tabibitos. I doubt he townread them that quickly.
i have no incentive to pocket them

if u saw our interaction u would know the context in which i townread them. u should be able to make a read on tabibitos at that point in the game. and when you are trying to gamesolve with elements as well -- u would undoubtly come up with a subconcious feeling that they might be town since they were gamesolving.

for example vanderscamp replied to my quote and said they agreed tabitots was town.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:19 am

Post by Tabibitos »

In post 77, Scoliosis wrote:Oh okay, I will call you Lumine. I haven't played with Aether before. Did you two roll Town?
The abyss has not taken a hold over our heart. We are good nara.

- Lumine
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:21 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 71, Scoliosis wrote:I guess Abnegation feels like scum. No reason, just a feeling.
i see this fwiw
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:22 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

also lol i got that reference
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Tabibitos »

I wish my PC was working for this. (I will assume the Nurse to be a "she" just to make it easier to type.)

I nickname this plan "
Follow the Nurse
":

Basically my plan is to have Nurse claim on early Day 1, get confirmed town status, and then separate ourselves in two groups of four, A (protecting) and B (Investigating). The Nurse should always be a member and leader of Group B given she cant protect herself. These groups are fixed in their roles but it may be a good idea to swap their members with each other every day/night except the Nurse herself and
maybe
someone that everyone agrees to bet the
entire game
on being town (if you know someone is town on a confirmation that there's scum here, it gets easier to nail scum).

Group A will always target the Nurse and the other group will target a common suspect that we'll elect using the heal tag, in case of a tie between heal votes let's leave it to the Nurse to decide between the tied, and I will talk to my partner to see if he could keep track of the heal votes with me.

By N1 We wiĺl have every doctor power alive given the Nurse inherits the first dead one if we miseliminate, therefore some of the most unbalanced groups that I can imagine to protect are (Quack or CPR, Naive, 2 Goons), and in that scenario the Nurse dies if the group targets it at N1 even without scum intervention, but that would also likely sinalize two scum in the group so it would still be positive?

I believe most other groups are balanced on N1 and assure the Nurse either won't die even if scum targets her, or may only die if scum targets her and the group protecting is exactly along the lines of (Quack, Naive, Any Doctor, Goon). It would still confirm there's scum in the protecting group though, not to mention help to nail who is the quack/naive doctor.

The other group would as said be targeting a suspect, but now that I'm writing this I realize that we should choose someone inside this group to be targeted. The reason is that I realized that if the JK is in this group, and they target someone protecting the Nurse, it may block someone ability causing imbalance on the amount of protection/killing power and accidentally killing the Nurse without giving us much info.

I am still mulling over if there is an universally good way to proceed with this strategy if or when the Nurse dies. However as long as the Nurse is alive (or a confirmed town PR) I believe this plan do protect her, help us to organize night actions, make it easier to understand night results and I also think it guarantees we will not lose the Nurse without gaining info on the scum.

Obs: The group A should always have 4 members on it to ensure the abilities will always balance itself and not kill the Nurse without scum intervention. If we nail the quack doctor though, and kill one scum, we can reduce that requirement to 3 people as long as the quack doctor isn't on it.

Note 1: I don't have a better suggestion on how to organize the groups without confusion aside from the Nurse, the confirmed town, drafting the groups herself.

Note 2: There's many ways this game can develop and there may be a point where protecting the Nurse isn't as good as protecting let's say, a confirmed JK or Quack (functionally a Vigilante). If we can mechanically confirm a town PR, it may be a good idea to have them trade places with the Nurse.

Note 3: This plan goes by the philosophy of minimizing risk and maximizing reward, it's possible to have get lucky and have better night results by going into the game more randomly, just as it is possible for town to ruin itself at that scenario. This just seems like a consistent plan to me.

Note 4: Maybe I can do better than this if I think more about it, or maybe there's a deep flaw on my plan somewhere. I came with this within only 2 hours so not much revision done yet.
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:42 am

Post by Tabibitos »

The above wallpost is Aether (Shirou). Forgot to sign again sorry.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:45 am

Post by Enchant »

How you think about one player targeting someone else to see if they are killing role?

Because that's what i personally want to do.
Wizard-Mercenary

Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:45 am

Post by Tabibitos »

In post 79, Enchant wrote:I have 2/5 chance to have kill and i want abuse this chance for full extent.
You could be on group B then, you only need to target the same as what that groups decides. The plan doesn't completely stop you from trying out your "power"
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Enchant »

Fine, i will consider.
Wizard-Mercenary

Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:48 am

Post by Tabibitos »

In post 87, Enchant wrote:How you think about one player targeting someone else to see if they are killing role?

Because that's what i personally want to do.
If I was scum I would confuse the town using that but again, I don't know how mechanically good the scum team here is. Your strategy seems exploitable on the right conditions but I don't know if scum would know how to do it
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Enchant »

There's really so much variations of results, i think counting it can take more than five deadlines. I will still try though. Just not right now, i am not in mood.
Wizard-Mercenary

Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:58 am

Post by Abnegation »

In post 85, Tabibitos wrote:wallpost
oh god this is complicated and i need to go think about it.
if i like this plan, i will bet the game on town!tabibitos.
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:05 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 36, Abnegation wrote:mech-wise:
i’m all for planning out night actions. if we can find a way to get info out of the wonk, then we should take it.
i’ve been considering the idea of nurse claiming d1/maybe d2. they’re not any more powerful than the doctors, and it would be ridiculous for scum to cc it now. basically gives us an innocent child and helps us plan night actions if we want to do that.
Seems good, I think by D2 at the latest is good assuming no scum flip D1 since I don't really want a CC at potential must kill.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:09 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 57, Tabibitos wrote:
In post 48, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 45, Shirou wrote:
In post 42, Abnegation wrote:how does our jk become a cop if they don’t know they’re the jk?
By dividing ourselves in two groups. We don't need to know who is the jailkeeper, we would just need to get a no NK night with one scum remaining. Even if they do no night kill to falsely incriminate someone, it's not as good as it may look in the paper because we can gain extra eliminations if they keep no night killing.

Jailkeeper is a very powerful role on one scum standing.

-Aether

yessss steal my intellectual idea!!! jk but that was my thought process before. we can also have everyone do no night action that or do circular save
Hmm no offense but I don't think I stealer anyone idea. Dividing us on 2 groups of 4 was always the plan I was hinting on, from what I understood your idea was for docs to target each other or for to form groups 5that target each other. My plan is two groups that alternate on protecting the nurse and targeting a common suspect.

-Aether
There are too many killing doctors to make targeting the nurse with half the playerlist a good idea IMO
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:12 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 92, Abnegation wrote:
I think tabithos is town regardless of whether the plan is a good one or not
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:13 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

Has anyone played this set before?

According to the wiki this has 9 town wins and 3 scum wins, there must be something good in one of those previous games that we can aim to replicate
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 94, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 42, Abnegation wrote:how does our jk become a cop if they don’t know they’re the jk?
By dividing ourselves in two groups. We don't need to know who is the jailkeeper, we would just need to get a no NK night with one scum remaining. Even if they do no night kill to falsely incriminate someone, it's not as good as it may look in the paper because we can gain extra eliminations if they keep no night killing.

-Aether
yessss steal my intellectual idea!!! jk but that was my thought process before. we can also have everyone do no night action that or do circular save
Hmm no offense but I don't think I stealer anyone idea. Dividing us on 2 groups of 4 was always the plan I was hinting on, from what I understood your idea was for docs to target each other or for to form groups 5that target each other. My plan is two groups that alternate on protecting the nurse and targeting a common suspect.

-Aether
There are too many killing doctors to make targeting the nurse with half the playerlist a good idea IMO
I believe you're mistaken. Pick any 3 doctors or more and see for yourself that their abilities together targeting a single person never kill them and most of the time protects them against a NK.

-Aether
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Tabibitos »

In post 97, Shirou wrote:
In post 94, Vanderscamp wrote:

-Aether

-Aether
I believe you're mistaken. Pick any 3 doctors or more and see for yourself that their abilities together targeting a single person never kill them and most of the time protects them against a NK.

-Aether
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:18 am

Post by Abnegation »

In post 95, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 92, Abnegation wrote:
I think tabithos is town regardless of whether the plan is a good one or not
i am slightly paranoid of mech-savvy scum trying to lead the town to its downfall with an intentionally flawed plan, but i do agree with you.
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”