sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:21 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

fire you should join the aureal wagon tho

I remember reading your post about how you weren't voting cuz the towncore should decide or something and thinking it was kinda goofy. wagons are still fun and important. even If I think u should die today a counterwagon existing on aureal is very nice and productive and feels good
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:31 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

god it feels like aureal-fire lol
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:31 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

reminds me I did not read aureal's last response to fire which I probably shod
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2042, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1613, Dunnstral wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 907, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 1.10 (Final)

Here’s a BBC Scarfolk TV testcard from 1970.

The SHS (Scarfolk Health Service) suggested these particular photographs in an attempt to subliminally accustom citizens to the plummeting success rate of state healthcare and to lower their expectations.

But they got more than they bargained for. Throughout the 70s a very faint, ghostly image of a woman’s face began inexplicably appearing on Scarfolk’s local TV broadcasts. Because she was first seen on this early ‘SHS’ testcard, she became known as “The Scarfolk Nurse.”

She appeared on all kinds of programmes, but was most often seen during children’s television broadcasts at times of social unrest. Engineers at the TV station never found a technical explanation for the phenomenon, nor could they for the examples of distant, eerie voices on the radio, which were also attributed to the “Nurse”.

Can you see her? She’s there if you look hard enough....

Enchant (7):
Cephrir, sheepsaysmeep, implosion, Alianna, skitter30, Invisibility, Enchant
Dunnstral (3):
Andante, Menalque, Cat Scratch Fever
GuerillaWoo (1):
Aisa
Alianna (1):
Dunnstral

Not voting (1):
GuerillaWoo

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to launch.

In post 1565, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 2.8 (final)

This public information poster was ubiquitous during the mid-1970s when there was a spate of cases involving adults being abducted from leisure centres, building sites and nudist beaches.

The police launched a public manhunt hoping that the perpetrator would be swiftly apprehended, but the crimes went unsolved for nearly two years. Terrified grownups would only go outside in groups of four or five and many pubs refused to open.

It was only when a police medium read the entrails of a recently sacrificed tramp that clues were finally unearthed, leading to the arrest of eight year old Steven Benson who had fed his victims to his tortoise, Admiral Twinkles.

When Steven was taken into state care and Admiral Twinkles escaped, it was suggested that the tortoise, which was an illegal immigrant, had used ‘Manchurian Candidate’ style psychological techniques to manipulate young Steven into subconsciously carrying out his instructions.

skitter30 (6):
Egix96, fireisredsir, sheepsaysmeep, Aisa, Merlyn, Cephrir
fireisredsir (3):
Dunnstral, skitter30, Menalque
Dunnstral (1):
Aureal

Not voting (1):
implosion

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to launch.

fireisredsir, sheepsaysmeep, and Cephrir are the three slots that are on both miseliminations. I think it is likely that there is mafia within this pool.
In post 1614, Dunnstral wrote: I feel that Egix is getting strangely little attention for what they have in terms of content. And that leans towards them being mafia with a team that isn't pushing them.
In post 1619, Dunnstral wrote: I did not like CSF's stances, personally.
In post 1630, Dunnstral wrote: I think that we should eliminate Egix, and then we should eliminate between Aureal and fireisredsir, and then we should eliminate between cephrir and sheepsaysmeep
In post 1655, Dunnstral wrote: VOTE: Egix96
lol
Do you have a problem with my posting?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:20 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 216, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 214, Doctor Drew wrote: Pre Edit:forgot woo was even in the game.
Care to join me?
In post 217, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 216, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 214, Doctor Drew wrote: Pre Edit:forgot woo was even in the game.
Care to join me?
I thought you would never ask

VOTE: Wooooooo!!!

Going all Ric Flair felt appropriate.
Throwback to a simpler time. What else do you need to TR CSF slot?
(I'm only half joking!)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:05 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1855, Aisa wrote:
In post 1852, Menalque wrote: Okay so big condition to this is that I’m not caught up properly — in fact if there’s anything major that happened during absence that would be helpful if I could be pointed in that direction — but I think even in a world where fire is town he’s still the objectively best lim here because if he’s town then that gives the most information on trying to figure out what scum were doing the past 2 days

I think it’s more likely that skitt was a scum driven CW and that scum are resisting bussing today in the hopes of the wagon diverting elsewhere but if he isn’t scum then is anyone seriously wanting to bet the game on fire town tomorrow as well after two days of steadfast resistance and, in this scenario, two counter wagons flipping town?

If you *are* willing to bet the game on fire!town and also wouldn’t lim him tomorrow the justification should be rock solid and it should be presented now
If we lim town today and it's a 3-person scumteam I consider the game basically lost. Of course we should play on tomorrow for the 23% chance it's only a 2-person scumteam. But just to say that I'm not an "even if fire is town" gal.

In terms of major events, fire claimed townie (I forget if he already claimed this yesterday?)
And idk some reads have shifted, everyone seems more interested in Aureal?
Seconding that Ceph should explain why fire is town if he feels so strongly about it
why is the game basically lost? it's just Elo everyday from that point on, that's not lost by any means

thank you for the recap on what's been going on
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:07 am

Post by Menalque »

oh, also ydra is here, hi ydra
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:09 am

Post by Menalque »

I'm sorry I was hoping to be able to manage the game better this week but realistically
v/la until Monday please

I do want to play and sorry that I've been about as helpful as a wet paper towel in recent days but once I'm back in the uk I'll have time to actually get into it again

for now I will re-iterate again that fire is the correct play but also I'll probably sheep implosion in terms of EoD vote as he's the person I remember being towniest
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:16 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2056, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2042, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1613, Dunnstral wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 907, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 1.10 (Final)

Here’s a BBC Scarfolk TV testcard from 1970.

The SHS (Scarfolk Health Service) suggested these particular photographs in an attempt to subliminally accustom citizens to the plummeting success rate of state healthcare and to lower their expectations.

But they got more than they bargained for. Throughout the 70s a very faint, ghostly image of a woman’s face began inexplicably appearing on Scarfolk’s local TV broadcasts. Because she was first seen on this early ‘SHS’ testcard, she became known as “The Scarfolk Nurse.”

She appeared on all kinds of programmes, but was most often seen during children’s television broadcasts at times of social unrest. Engineers at the TV station never found a technical explanation for the phenomenon, nor could they for the examples of distant, eerie voices on the radio, which were also attributed to the “Nurse”.

Can you see her? She’s there if you look hard enough....

Enchant (7):
Cephrir, sheepsaysmeep, implosion, Alianna, skitter30, Invisibility, Enchant
Dunnstral (3):
Andante, Menalque, Cat Scratch Fever
GuerillaWoo (1):
Aisa
Alianna (1):
Dunnstral

Not voting (1):
GuerillaWoo

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to launch.

In post 1565, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 2.8 (final)

This public information poster was ubiquitous during the mid-1970s when there was a spate of cases involving adults being abducted from leisure centres, building sites and nudist beaches.

The police launched a public manhunt hoping that the perpetrator would be swiftly apprehended, but the crimes went unsolved for nearly two years. Terrified grownups would only go outside in groups of four or five and many pubs refused to open.

It was only when a police medium read the entrails of a recently sacrificed tramp that clues were finally unearthed, leading to the arrest of eight year old Steven Benson who had fed his victims to his tortoise, Admiral Twinkles.

When Steven was taken into state care and Admiral Twinkles escaped, it was suggested that the tortoise, which was an illegal immigrant, had used ‘Manchurian Candidate’ style psychological techniques to manipulate young Steven into subconsciously carrying out his instructions.

skitter30 (6):
Egix96, fireisredsir, sheepsaysmeep, Aisa, Merlyn, Cephrir
fireisredsir (3):
Dunnstral, skitter30, Menalque
Dunnstral (1):
Aureal

Not voting (1):
implosion

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to launch.

fireisredsir, sheepsaysmeep, and Cephrir are the three slots that are on both miseliminations. I think it is likely that there is mafia within this pool.
In post 1614, Dunnstral wrote: I feel that Egix is getting strangely little attention for what they have in terms of content. And that leans towards them being mafia with a team that isn't pushing them.
In post 1619, Dunnstral wrote: I did not like CSF's stances, personally.
In post 1630, Dunnstral wrote: I think that we should eliminate Egix, and then we should eliminate between Aureal and fireisredsir, and then we should eliminate between cephrir and sheepsaysmeep
In post 1655, Dunnstral wrote: VOTE: Egix96
lol
Do you have a problem with my posting?
you feel different this game than what i expect of you but from these i think it’s a ? to have a pool of people and then off-road, but i think it’s actively worse in the event one of them flips mafia which o think is likely

like deciding the pairings of eliminate x or y feels a strange approach as well
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:17 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2059, Menalque wrote: oh, also ydra is here, hi ydra
hi i’m ydra
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2045, Aureal wrote:
In post 2038, implosion wrote: VOTE: sheepsaysmeep
Psst, implosion, can I just join you there and not worry about finding whatever it was that was making me feel better about sheep bc I just really wanna crash and eat dinner now

Okay I'm just gonna do it.

VOTE: sheepsaysmeep

Didn't go through stuff but from memory, besides the posting at the end of the day two that I mentioned then, I thought that sheep's attempt to meta case me and subsequent fail in calling a town game a scum game seemed somewhat unlikely to come from scum. Both for the effort and the obvious screw up. Could be theater though, it did get called out right away.

And sheep's posting where he strongly took up my idea about nobody even trying to distance from Egix's slot was... Interesting. I wouldn't say I liked it, but I did take note of it. Usually when I throw out an oddball idea like that, people think it's terrible, not decide to champion it. :shifty:

So I guess if that's all I can think of, it's not feeling nearly as convincing now after seeing sheep vote me without much actual reason and then now this weird shift to fire, whom gamestate is making me more concerned about being town.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

what about the gamestate makes you concerned about me being town?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:01 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I might be on break from this game for just a bit btw stuff is happening in life and may post less than I like
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:21 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I think aureal is wolfier but I am aboard the train that everyone else left that was fire lim feels more right here

aureal vote was a) I didnt want to put fire at e-1, b) symbolic vote / pressure for being wolfy (reason I think fire/aureal felt w/w is cuz I dont get why fire still refuses to vote aureal lol. I think village!fire would have a bit more eagerness at the possibility aureal somehow gets limmed over him today. or, eagerness to pressure aureal. but instead he's just compounding on condemning himself to death today, doing basically nothing with aureal, feels like he actively wants aureal not to die before him)
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:25 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2064, fireisredsir wrote: what about the gamestate makes you concerned about me being town?
For the last couple of days, I've been getting more confident that you were scum because of the growing resistance to the wagon. Could be scum playing a long patient game, but I feel like in those conditions I would make a nice obvious scapegoat for a fire miselim, being the person who noticeably changed their mind about you.

And then suddenly I became the top wagon there.

That makes me wonder whether that's because we're both town so it doesn't really matter to them which of us gets pushed here. Obviously some resistance to your wagon is town, so they may have decided to try this route instead. After all, my townflip here would make you look thaaaaat much worse, and it wouldn't be hard for scum to yank their artificial support for you even if town still isn't sure.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:26 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

fire:

gamestate-wise - I agree there's something going on now with how it's impossible for this guy to die. which isnt necessarily wolf but you just need to resolve slots like that in mafia games
(for some reason, wolves
do not want
this fire lim. I know this because 0 people in this game are trying for it. which is weird to me - he seems like a strong player, wolves would want this lim and could easily make it happen)

read-wise - I really easily see him as wolf. after this day phase. this is hard to talk about cuz I dont have superb reasons to scumread him lol but "easily see him as wolf" applies to very few people this game so it's a contributing factor

info-wise - if fire flips villa, I clear dunnstral. whereas if fire flips wolf, or fire just sits remaining unflipped, I really want to pummel dunnstral. aureal flip doesnt do much for me either way idk

Idunno

this feels like a shitty post cuz none of it is a wolfread but this is how I play / prioritize factors late-game
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:28 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2067, Aureal wrote:
In post 2064, fireisredsir wrote: what about the gamestate makes you concerned about me being town?
For the last couple of days, I've been getting more confident that you were scum because of the growing resistance to the wagon. Could be scum playing a long patient game, but I feel like in those conditions I would make a nice obvious scapegoat for a fire miselim, being the person who noticeably changed their mind about you.

And then suddenly I became the top wagon there.

That makes me wonder whether that's because we're both town so it doesn't really matter to them which of us gets pushed here. Obviously some resistance to your wagon is town, so they may have decided to try this route instead. After all, my townflip here would make you look thaaaaat much worse, and it wouldn't be hard for scum to yank their artificial support for you even if town still isn't sure.
I dont think u were ever the top wagon?

the rest of it doesnt make sense to me either but can u point out where ur talking about here
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:35 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

idk

when I read fire's further explanation about why dunn is town by meta

I thought wow that makes sense and actually exactly fits dunn in this game, so I'll run with it

but I feel like the behavior in question could also be explained by not giving a shit about this game

like bothering a bit less to explain stuff and cover certain bases - maybe thats just the wolfgame but with less of a will to do stuff in this game because only 20% of the game is actively giving a shit

maybe he only has one wolf partner or theyre in a bad position so he cant bring himself to try the same way and that explains the disparity we're talking about over alignment reasons

idfk

what do you think about the chances of that fire
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:39 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

also I realized we should massclaim today lol

maybe theres not enough time for it to make sense but game-wise we shouldve

pretty confident that that's correct
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:54 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2066, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I think aureal is wolfier but I am aboard the train that everyone else left that was fire lim feels more right here

aureal vote was a) I didnt want to put fire at e-1, b) symbolic vote / pressure for being wolfy (reason I think fire/aureal felt w/w is cuz I dont get why fire still refuses to vote aureal lol. I think village!fire would have a bit more eagerness at the possibility aureal somehow gets limmed over him today. or, eagerness to pressure aureal. but instead he's just compounding on condemning himself to death today, doing basically nothing with aureal, feels like he actively wants aureal not to die before him)
i don't tend to use my vote that actively in these type of situations

i also kinda started to second guess myself on aureal idk. and i want to see what ydra does
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:56 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I was writing a rant about the push on me and then I realized maybe this is what you are experiencing and I was like damn my bad
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:59 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2070, sheepsaysmeep wrote: idk

when I read fire's further explanation about why dunn is town by meta

I thought wow that makes sense and actually exactly fits dunn in this game, so I'll run with it

but I feel like the behavior in question could also be explained by not giving a shit about this game

like bothering a bit less to explain stuff and cover certain bases - maybe thats just the wolfgame but with less of a will to do stuff in this game because only 20% of the game is actively giving a shit

maybe he only has one wolf partner or theyre in a bad position so he cant bring himself to try the same way and that explains the disparity we're talking about over alignment reasons

idfk

what do you think about the chances of that fire
mmm idk ive read some wolfgames where i don't think he really cared about them and i still think they feel different

im not like 100% confident yes i can perfectly read dunn or anything so i could be wrong but i would be pretty surprised

especially w the andante case thing. like if he isn't that invested in the game then why does he care enough to pull that out

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”