Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:48 am

Post by Firebringer »

has anyone mentioned that the IC should just out btw?

I mean theres a decent chance both scum groups try to kill IC and then the kill fails.
So im not seeing a good reason of just taking a person out of elim pool now, except it hurts the IC ability to hunt people

it also increases odds of scum cross killing.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:51 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

page 10

I think meuh is town, just agree strongly with their reads

I think radical rat is towny

I think ausuka is towny vibes

I think osuka is probably just town for the overall abrasiveness but he got worse

I agree a lot with stuff Bingle is saying like in the argument of potential signaling, but im not sure that's AI for bingle

I probably want to kill drew/towwl slot

gonna go watch a movie now
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:54 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 700, Firebringer wrote: has anyone mentioned that the IC should just out btw?

I mean theres a decent chance both scum groups try to kill IC and then the kill fails.
So im not seeing a good reason of just taking a person out of elim pool now, except it hurts the IC ability to hunt people

something about haha miller so mafia can cop and then try to signal to the person and get outed haha
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:56 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 700, Firebringer wrote: has anyone mentioned that the IC should just out btw?

IC has the secondary effect of potentially tricking scum since they're also a Miller.

Though I suppose that's mostly only helpful if both scumteams Cop them before trying to shoot them, so.

Yeah, I'm cool with a reveal if everyone else is.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:17 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Wait I changed my mind.

IC claiming is only optimal if we mislim. We shouldn't be mislimming.

IC should claim only if they're in danger of elimination.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:34 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 672, Bingle wrote: I’d be interested in Ausuka/Merlyn takes on meuhs response to sg being you didn’t wk ausuka compared to scum wouldn’t wk ausuka.
This entire push on me is shit and this post exemplifies it best
Like this is not an actual question that helps sort me or a reason I'd be scum??? I'm town, but that doesn't mean every single one of my actions needs to be justified in the sense that scum!me couldn't do them. I'm solving, I'm showing my thought processes, I'm real, that's why I'm town, not because some specific reads or stances I take fit or don't fit within the purview of a world in which I'm scum. Skygazer presented a weird idea that was at odds with reality, I contested it, and I moved on. I don't see why I would've needed to say that I wouldn't WK Ausuka as scum, maybe I would? I don't really care, I'm town regardless
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:38 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 705, Meuh wrote: Skygazer presented a weird idea that was at odds with reality
plenty more where that's from!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:43 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 657, Bingle wrote: I feel like it's previous obvious that Meuh WOULD benefit from protecting scumpartner Ausuka. I feel like it's pretty obvious that scumMeuh WOULD benefit from Ausukatown or Ausukaotherscum. And I absolutely think that the unnatural progression from Meuh looks like WKing.
Also like, this logic is applicable to literally any townread ever isn't it???
You townread Firebringer? Well if you're partnered with Firebringer that's beneficial cause it protects him, if Firebringer is scum not with you then it still protects him, if he's town then that's pocketing him and you look good from it
This is like the weird fucked up version of
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:52 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 690, osuka wrote:
In post 645, Bingle wrote: Alright:

First, wagon on me:

Ausuka - Primarily, voting me as OMGUS. I still think Ausuka isn't particularly towny, but generally her placement on my wagon isn't a really scummy one.
Firebringer - Voting me for a meta case (and a bad one). His case on me is that I'm not doing a thing that's NAI for me, I'm doing a thing that's NAI for me, and that I'm doing a thing that he claims isn't NAI for me based on a game he was the backup mod for, but which is notably NAI for me. I'm not really a player who can be caught via 'meta case'. Regardless, I believe that Firebringer believes the case, which makes him a fairly strong town read.
The Bulge - Apparently, the main thrust of Bulge's scum read on me was my leading question at Ausuka. I had thought there was a significant portion to do with the mech speak accusation, but on reread it does seem very reasonable that that callout was nonspecific and not actually aimed at me. Bulge's accusation that it's ridiculous I would think so is, imo, silly, since his clarification that it wasn't actually about mechspeak was directly quoting a post about people specifically calling me out for mechspeak. The implication there, to me, was that the was in fact singling me out. I don't really think that is unreasonable. Of the people voting me, I think this is the worst vote, but I don't particularly think it makes Bulge scum.
Invisibility - Vizzy's mostly been sheeping bad cases on me, but the way the way she's doing it doesn't scream scum to me.

Of these 4 I think there is no way there's a pair of scum and that it's unlikely that there are two different scumteams represented. Generally, despite the shit quality of each of the reads, I think they are more likely than not to actually be things the people behind them think. I vaguely agree that the wagon on me is roughly town driven.
unless i missed something - why are you offering reads on the people on your wagon? what is this?
I'm pretty sure someone asked them to but I can't for the life of me find the post
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:53 am

Post by Meuh »

Also hi Sheep!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:55 am

Post by Meuh »

Regarding IC: I generally think that letting the person with the role decide what to do is the best way to go about it and I don't feel particularly inclined to push them towards doing anything, especially since discussing it in of itself I think makes the role weaker
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by Invisibility »

hi Sheep
I think the IC should give me a quarter so I can get a gumball
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Black »

hi sheep!

I'll post more tomorrow, I'm a little busy tonight
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:35 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 645, Bingle wrote: The Bulge - Apparently, the main thrust of Bulge's scum read on me was my leading question at Ausuka. I had thought there was a significant portion to do with the mech speak accusation, but on reread it does seem very reasonable that that callout was nonspecific and not actually aimed at me. Bulge's accusation that it's ridiculous I would think so is, imo, silly, since his clarification that it wasn't actually about mechspeak was directly quoting a post about people specifically calling me out for mechspeak. The implication there, to me, was that the was in fact singling me out. I don't really think that is unreasonable. Of the people voting me, I think this is the worst vote, but I don't particularly think it makes Bulge scum.
what exactly makes it the worst vote then? Kinda noncommittally shades The Bulge without actually justifying it (cuz most of the post is about stuff that was just a misunderstanding it seems)
In post 645, Bingle wrote: Invisibility - Vizzy's mostly been sheeping bad cases on me, but the way the way she's doing it doesn't scream scum to me.
I only sheep the finest cases
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by Bingle »

That's a stupid thought. The IC gets more powerful the longer they are hidden, functionally can't die to day play and is unlikely to die to night play, until outing. The IC outing ensures they die tonight and no scum gets shot.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 714, Bingle wrote: That's a stupid thought. The IC gets more powerful the longer they are hidden, functionally can't die to day play and is unlikely to die to night play, until outing. The IC outing ensures they die tonight and no scum gets shot.
Ah, I forgot about doublekill cancelling the kill. Still, IC outing should reduce chances of scum being shot, not increase them. I'm not going to talk more about why, because if scum can't work out how to play their powers, I'm not going to help.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 692, osuka wrote: if you're town, why would scum not jump on your wagon?
I don't think scum is the majority of my wagon, and I don't think scum is going to want to stick their necks out for me. Hence...
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 690, osuka wrote: unless i missed something - why are you offering reads on the people on your wagon? what is this?
Why would I not analyze the biggest wagon as literally the only person who knows for sure it's on town? What? Did you get into SG's acid, osuka?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 679, Firebringer wrote:
In post 675, Datisi wrote: Meuh [1]: Bingle
This is a bad vote

Also Datisi is still scum
Better than yours. :P
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 682, Ausuka wrote: I think it was towny because it was a good point about skygazer being sus rather than trying to defend herself from a vague hypothetical which wasn't really substantiated (and I also disagree with being a self proclaimed expert on ausuka)
Do you think scum like to WK you? Do you think meuh's defense of you is justified? I know you said you were going to let meuh speak for herself, but frankly I care more about what you have to say about her treatment of you than what she has to say atm.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 714, Bingle wrote:
That's a stupid thought. The IC gets more powerful the longer they are hidden, functionally can't die to day play and is unlikely to die to night play, until outing. The IC outing ensures they die tonight and no scum gets shot.
I am a very intelligent player and i disagree mr mech player
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:50 pm

Post by Ausuka »

It's rare. The only possible example that comes to mind is koba in team mafia and that might be what you're talking about but even then when I actually got wagoned they were just like, "oh lol ausuka might be scum because datisi isn't posting"

I don't think anything meuh has said has really been objectionable and a lot of the same things she has said about me in this game, she also said in a past game as town which I've linked - I'm not sure why I should believe meuh doing something I've previously seen town meuh do is supposed to be scummy
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 710, Meuh wrote: Regarding IC: I generally think that letting the person with the role decide what to do is the best way to go about it and I don't feel particularly inclined to push them towards doing anything, especially since discussing it in of itself I think makes the role weaker
I second this, at least in D1
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:39 pm

Post by Merlyn »

re: Bingles question about Meuh. I don't have any previous games with her so I have nothing to compare to, so I'm only going off what I can read in this game. I did find the interaction odd, which is why I questioned Meuh about it. I do kind of feel like her answer could be a 'protest too much thing'. But I also feel like I agree with a lot of her other posts and thought process. I also agree that she has been showing attempts to solve. Ultimately I have a slight townlean there.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:40 pm

Post by Merlyn »

oh and hiya sheep!