Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 919, Black wrote:
In post 916, Meuh wrote: I get the general sense of "oh scum look for viable wagons instead of wagons that will hit scum" but I'm also bewildered how you can look at the state of the game and think it applies here and I think it's a stretch
There has been just as much interest in a wagon on me as there has been with Merlyn, unless I'm mistaken. It just feels weird that you would go there instead of me when your read suggests you think I'm more likely to flip scum. Like what's the harm in trying to start a wagon up on me? At least two other people have said they would be willing to vote there. It feels like you're going for Merlyn because she's an easier target tbh
I think a big difference is that my vote's been sitting on you for a while, there's been the chance of you becoming a real wagon for a while but no one's committed to jumping on top of it, while Merlyn hasn't had real wagoning potential shown and this potential being shown could actually lead to a real wagon
Also being an easier target is like, a good thing? I want a wagon to form, it'd be counter-productive for me to focus my energy on limming a tough target
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 904, Black wrote:
In post 898, Umlaut wrote: For the record I could do Black if the wagon were already there, but mostly because her latest posts set off my chainsaw detector
Who am I chainsaw defending?
Sheep, except that I don't really hard-believe it, it was just a sense I got reading -.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:28 am

Post by Meuh »

It's like you keep pointing at these things that are just relevant to a wagon actually forming and calling me scum over it and it's like ??? yeah I want the wagon I'm jumping on to have actual viability
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:29 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 894, Umlaut wrote:
In post 880, Ausuka wrote: Also like, to be clear I have no doubt that sky is genuinely busy and would not be hyperposting as town and this is not about that, but I think the brand of post where you're like "I promise to catch up/give content soon" is like somewhat more likely to come from mafia?
Are you saying this about Sky in particular or about people in general? Because I'm pretty sure I do that a lot more as town because I feel more guilty about not having done more.

I like this string of posts though.
Both tbh in that I think it's generally > rand scum and probably more so for sky based on what I know about them. It's not something that's super reliable and will hit mafia literally one hundred percent of the time but I think it's worth noting.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Umlaut »

That's a pretty weak disclaimer :/ There is a lot of room between "complete nonsense" and "will hit mafia literally one hundred percent of the time," how reliable do you think this tell is?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Black »

In post 927, Meuh wrote: It's like you keep pointing at these things that are just relevant to a wagon actually forming and calling me scum over it and it's like ??? yeah I want the wagon I'm jumping on to have actual viability
Yeah I guess this makes sense. Especially this close to the deadline
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:32 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 928, Ausuka wrote:
In post 894, Umlaut wrote:
In post 880, Ausuka wrote: Also like, to be clear I have no doubt that sky is genuinely busy and would not be hyperposting as town and this is not about that, but I think the brand of post where you're like "I promise to catch up/give content soon" is like somewhat more likely to come from mafia?
Are you saying this about Sky in particular or about people in general? Because I'm pretty sure I do that a lot more as town because I feel more guilty about not having done more.

I like this string of posts though.
Both tbh in that I think it's generally > rand scum and probably more so for sky based on what I know about them. It's not something that's super reliable and will hit mafia literally one hundred percent of the time but I think it's worth noting.
I will attest that I personally tend to make posts like that more often as scum because I feel more responsible as part of a proper team.

I wouldn't stake a read on it, but I agree with the sentiment
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:32 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 929, Umlaut wrote: That's a pretty weak disclaimer :/ There is a lot of room between "complete nonsense" and "will hit mafia literally one hundred percent of the time," how reliable do you think this tell is?
idk dude do you want a mathematical equation here
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:34 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 932, Ausuka wrote:
In post 929, Umlaut wrote: That's a pretty weak disclaimer :/ There is a lot of room between "complete nonsense" and "will hit mafia literally one hundred percent of the time," how reliable do you think this tell is?
idk dude do you want a mathematical equation here
I mean, if you have one...

(in principle it is actually possible to measure evidence like this in bits or bels or something)

But no, I just mean do you think it's reliable enough to hang a read on in itself or not.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean it depends on the context? It makes someone somewhat more likely to be scum, in the same way a lot of other things do. If I have literally nothing on someone except this, I guess that would be a scumlean? That's not really the case with sky though.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:24 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I am not into the merlyn wagon; I think invisibility's post trying to start it was like very remarkably uncompelling and bothered me about invisibility
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:32 am

Post by Invisibility »

Black's recent posts about Meuh are really weird
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:40 am

Post by Black »

In post 936, Invisibility wrote: Black's recent posts about Meuh are really weird
Why? I don't like when people say "x is probably scum" and then they vote for y. It felt weird to me initially but even if Meuh is scum then she doesn't know if I'm town or scum, so it's not as bad in hindsight
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:41 am

Post by Ausuka »

I think black's push on meuh is ??? but I don't see it as scummy
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:44 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 937, Black wrote:
In post 936, Invisibility wrote: Black's recent posts about Meuh are really weird
Why? I don't like when people say "x is probably scum" and then they vote for y. It felt weird to me initially but even if Meuh is scum then she doesn't know if I'm town or scum, so it's not as bad in hindsight
sure but it's bizarre angle to take at the end of the day. How confident do you feel about Meuh now?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:47 am

Post by Black »

In post 939, Invisibility wrote:
In post 937, Black wrote:
sure but it's bizarre angle to take at the end of the day. How confident do you feel about Meuh now?
I was never confident about Meuh tbh. And I'm less confident after engaging with her

I'm currently trying to figure out what other wagons I'd be ok joining in case this stalemate continues
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:47 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 906, Black wrote:
In post 902, Meuh wrote:
In post 897, Black wrote:
In post 892, Meuh wrote: Feeling always one scum in Black/Bella and I wanna set my sights there tomorrow but I don't think a lim there is happening today
In post 892, Meuh wrote: I kinda want a lim in {osuka, Drew, Merlyn} because they're all players I'm neutral on at best who I'm not super confident will be easy to read long-term
First of all why do you think I'm scummy? And second why would you not want to vote for me or Bella due to not thinking we could get limmed, yet you're willing to vote for osuka, Merlyn, and Drew? Why are those 3 more likely to get limmed today? And which of these 3 are you "neutral" on? It seems really weird that you're willing to vote for someone you're neutral on instead of me/Bella who you seem pretty confident consists of one scum
There's a bunch of little things you've said that have bothered me and that have accumulated to a general bad feeling, and I also think it just makes sense for there to be scum in that spot in the game (you/Bella)
I actually don't think osuka is more likely to be limmed but I still included him cause he is indeed part of that pool of players to me
Merlyn has votes and some other interest, there's been interest in Drew, while the wagon on you have been stagnant and there's been little to no interest in a Bella wagon happening
I'm neutral on Drew here because I still have gotten barely any pings from him which is a pain
When you wrote were you aware of Invis voting for Merlyn? I think saying that any of these 3 players are more likely to get limmed over me feels untrue and not an actual thought you would have to deter you from voting someone you think might be scum. I don't think any 3 of them had more momentum to be limmed than me when you wrote 892. Unless you knew about Invisibility's vote when you wrote it
though this question is weird but weird in a town way cuz I would assume that Meuh has read the thread lol but I think town trying to piece stuff together is more likely to ask this question
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:49 am

Post by Black »

I think I'm ok with Merlyn, Ausuka, or Sky
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:53 am

Post by osuka »

i just skimmed the thread and there’s a LOT i want to get to but can’t right now. gotta work, i’m still dealing with the fallout of the 3-week long crunch time for the previous release. sorry folks

I’ll be back tonight (think 8 pm?) and i’ll get to everything i wanna get to. you can count on my vote in ~8-10 hours to get to hammer. please don’t kill anyone while i’m working, capiche?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:30 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 884, Black wrote:
In post 834, Doctor Drew wrote: If Osuka isn't gonna be the giant asshole, well then buckle up dickheads cause asshole Drew is here to fuck shit up, drink your booze, and bang your wife.
HIDE YO KIDS, HIDE YO WIFE
You stealing my rhymes from a previous game?

I won't be around too much before deadline so decent chance I won't be moving my vote, which I am obviously perfectly fine with.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:20 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 860, The Bulge wrote:
In post 727, Merlyn wrote: Bingle- slight townlean. I don’t agree with the Ausuka case but I appreciate the case they made. The main reason I lean town though is bc his wagon is not a good one.
what do you mean by not a good one? you townread everyone on the wagon, so even if you think the reasoning is poor i dont see how that translates into a town lean on bingle. that read only makes sense to me if you believe the wagon to be scum-driven
I actually think town can also make crappy wagons
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:43 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 868, Invisibility wrote: I don't like Merlyn testing the waters here
Just saying what I thought. The explanation makes sense, but it also seems a bit of an overexplanation. Here's a question for you, why would I need to 'test the waters' instead of just...asking others what they thought?

also don't like Merlyn seemingly setting herself up to vote
Eh? The deadline is looming
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 878, Ausuka wrote: I think ppl are worried about sky being limbait and that's understandable but some of the things she's actually said while here pinged me

Obviously the joke about meuh, uh, kind of felt like it was meant to pile on the pressure against meuh at an opportune time. At the start of the game I thought skygazer's "oh please revote I really want to e-1" was like slightly performative on the note of 'scum wouldn't do something blatantly scummy' - which is *usually* a point I'm fine making myself, but in this instance skygazer ust kinda felt like she was trying to get in on the 'being towny' action and I know from this game she is pure chaos as scum anyway; for example she claimed detective who checked a claimed vigilante
In post 879, Ausuka wrote: (Also I think in times where it looks difficult for any elimination to go through eliminations on players like sky who haven't posted a lot are easier to achieve because there's little resistance - sorry sky! I think sometimes people are worried that this sort of 'compromise lim' is more likely to hit town, and that's usually somewhat fair - although I've seen it hit scum before and I think a lot of the time scum just don't want to go out of their way to protect their partners - but like, in this game half of the scumteam don't know if sky is scum or not, I don't think that applies here)
In post 880, Ausuka wrote: Also like, to be clear I have no doubt that sky is genuinely busy and would not be hyperposting as town and this is not about that, but I think the brand of post where you're like "I promise to catch up/give content soon" is like somewhat more likely to come from mafia? Iirc she did that quite a bit in the game we were mafia together and someone called her out on it. She played in a game I modded as town, where her activity was sort of spotty and I think she made similar comments once or twice, but it didn't feel like she was struggling in the way she is in this game, if that makes sense.

I also think when i was scum with her, she kinda fell behind in a semi-similar way giving not many reads, and in the mafia PT she said it was a combination of being genuinely busy and being cautious to make posts in case they are scummy, and this does sort of feel like that.

I do actually think she stuff she has posted is pretty scummy as well as I mentioned.
I think this is a fair argument. I haven't seen a completed scum game from sky so I can't speak to that, but what you describe is how it felt to me in the towngame we played- still crazy busy, but there was actual scumhunting happening. I don't think this enough of a case to make me want to vote for her on D1,though
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 924, Umlaut wrote:
In post 919, Black wrote:There has been just as much interest in a wagon on me as there has been with Merlyn, unless I'm mistaken. It just feels weird that you would go there instead of me when your read suggests you think I'm more likely to flip scum. Like what's the harm in trying to start a wagon up on me? At least two other people have said they would be willing to vote there. It feels like you're going for Merlyn because she's an easier target tbh
How is there as much interest in a wagon on you as on Merlyn yet Merlyn is an easier target?
This was a good question; am I missing where it got answered?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:02 am

Post by Black »

In post 948, Merlyn wrote: This was a good question; am I missing where it got answered?
Nope, I missed that. I consider you an easier target because you're less active and you don't seem to defend yourself as... fiercely? I guess would be the right word?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”