Large Normal 244 | Quotes From my Linear Algebra Professor or Random City Skylines or Random Songs: Town Wins!

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:39 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 2287, ZZZX wrote:
In post 1502, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1492, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: VOTE: ZZZX
About this vote:
In post 934, ZZZX wrote: Just ISO'd bbmolla, nothing really worth noting.
his push on FL seems fair
, I personally think FL seems more townish, but to be honest its a purely gut read, and I am more suspect of people hard town reading him already at that point.
When reading through, this jumped out. BBmolla's "push" on FL is really no more than a policy lim to eliminate the player that is hardest to read. Then when asked what made the push fair, ZZZX says it's fair because it could be a gutread, but it's unclear how that would make it "fair" or even a believable scumread. I also feel like he's hiding behind his BBmolla nullread a little bit to try and handwave away the sloppiness of this statement in
I was curious about the start of the wagon, and it is also about the bbmola's null read?

Did I miss something, or have I become inept at mafia in the last 4 years not playing that I do not see what the fuck those people are getting at? Lol

It is a bit ridiculous innit
Bbmollas push on FL was a kind of policy push to elim the person that is most difficult to read

So when you said that push was fair, it seemed like making things up unless you really think that's fair which I kind of still doubt
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:40 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 2296, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2291, pisskop wrote: It's a lynch we all can agree on, and if we run up 2 wagons we can force people to take sides.

Cat's reads just seem weird. I'd like to see them get in somebody's face
Have you seen my posts on hu tao

Are they disappearing into the nether bc they won't get traction for some reason
Well, for better or for worse Hu's posts are very... empty. Which makes it hard to either say they are town or not here.

That and people have a more fun and exciting toy to play with that actually squeaks (read: me), and people usually get bored on wagons that get no reactions, I could've probably did nothing and just posted twice or thrice and my wagon would've fizzled, but where is the fun in that?
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:42 am

In post 2297, ZZZX wrote:
This I am curious about, between Cat's first post and this post, I have been on VLA, with no posts in between, in fact if I am not mistake, I went on VLA before their first post in the game, and I opened the context of that post and I didnt see anything, so I am happy to hear Cat's thoughts on this?
I voted you because out of my initial scum leans, you already had a wagon on you
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:42 am

Post by shaddowez »

Did an FL/ZZZX ISO, and tried processing through all the noise. My ZZZX SR was based on early posts, and not something I had gone back to revisit in a while. Rereading, the push looks really thin and I'm REALLY not liking
the worst
's positioning and vote, though I'm trying not to tunnel. Still working through things, gonna check out IAVH next because I owe that a read.
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:43 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 2293, pisskop wrote: shyte. sorry
I just did it earlier this game, and have already had to retype at least two posts.
V/LA on Weekends
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:43 am

Iavh is a short read. He ate'd a bit as he was getting voted and then faded back into the background when the wagon died off
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:45 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 2300, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2287, ZZZX wrote:
In post 1502, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1492, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: VOTE: ZZZX
About this vote:
In post 934, ZZZX wrote: Just ISO'd bbmolla, nothing really worth noting.
his push on FL seems fair
, I personally think FL seems more townish, but to be honest its a purely gut read, and I am more suspect of people hard town reading him already at that point.
When reading through, this jumped out. BBmolla's "push" on FL is really no more than a policy lim to eliminate the player that is hardest to read. Then when asked what made the push fair, ZZZX says it's fair because it could be a gutread, but it's unclear how that would make it "fair" or even a believable scumread. I also feel like he's hiding behind his BBmolla nullread a little bit to try and handwave away the sloppiness of this statement in
I was curious about the start of the wagon, and it is also about the bbmola's null read?

Did I miss something, or have I become inept at mafia in the last 4 years not playing that I do not see what the fuck those people are getting at? Lol

It is a bit ridiculous innit
Bbmollas push on FL was a kind of policy push to elim the person that is most difficult to read

So when you said that push was fair, it seemed like making things up unless you really think that's fair which I kind of still doubt
I recall I explained that by
fair
, I am indicating that I do not think its a scum-reasoned vote. And I stand by that fact. And it obviously wasn't town-reasoned, and I found it interesting. thus me mentioned in that entire read that it is null (Read: No opinion, Read: Neither Scum nor Town)

Out of everything to say I am making up, I just feel that's like, something so ridiculious insignificant, not even meant to give me any credits (Am I trying to get more town credit by adding those three lines?) And I don't see any intent as scum to explain that. And people somehow get mixed up on how to explain that one line that they made up tens of reason to suspect me for it, I made it up, I am defending bbMolla (somehow?), I am trying to detract from Flavor's reads, and a few others.
redacted
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:45 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 2302, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2297, ZZZX wrote:
This I am curious about, between Cat's first post and this post, I have been on VLA, with no posts in between, in fact if I am not mistake, I went on VLA before their first post in the game, and I opened the context of that post and I didnt see anything, so I am happy to hear Cat's thoughts on this?
I voted you because out of my initial scum leans, you already had a wagon on you
You know? Fair enough.
redacted
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:46 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 2304, shaddowez wrote:
I just did it earlier this game, and have already had to retype at least two posts.
I
will
be banned for this in a week or two somehow, mark my words, despite my best intentions and attempts. It takes one day where I am more involved in the game and not re-reading my posts as thouroughly (since I usually post stream-of-thoughts)
shrug
redacted
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:47 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 2254, camelCasedSnivy wrote: zzzx is town but ok
In post 2265, camelCasedSnivy wrote: can someone please tell me why i should go on zzzx :sob:
Snivy
, why did you go from a TR to willing to vote him at all in 11 posts, only 2 of which even had to do with them?
V/LA on Weekends
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:48 am

Spoiler:
quote="Cat Scratch Fever" post_id=13910539 time=1694632082 user_id=33903]
Hu Tao, I think you've been playing up the newbie card a little bit as a reason to hold back. It reminds me of Blood over Utopia where you were in the background because the mechanics confused you
[/quote]
In post 1819, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1797, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I'm obviously going to be biased but I dislike that vote on me
Hu Tao is scumreading me for a gutread, but felt the need to qualify it by saying they can't explain it 3 times

That reads unnatural to me because gut reads are typically something that can't be explained anyway, so why feel the need to say that 3 times?
In post 1787, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1718, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: This is such an unusual game for me

Blood over utopia has done a number on some of y'all lol
For some reason
, I think you could be scum. It's a gut feeling, your posts don't seem genuine
for some reason
. But
I'm not sure why

VOTE: CatScratchFever
In post 2027, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Hu tao is so scummy lmao

Their scumread on me seems like starting from the conclusion and making things up after the fact
In post 2034, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1835, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1796, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

For some reason, I think you could be scum. It's a gut feeling, your posts don't seem genuine for some reason. But I'm not sure why

Which posts don't seem genuine? The one that was quoted here?
Just a few
Doesn't even bother quoting which ones

Really now
In post 2195, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2134, Hu Tao wrote:

Their scumread on me seems like starting from the conclusion and making things up after the fact
Why can't I just be misguided town? The fact that you immediately think I'm scum is what's worse for you.
The reason why is in the second line of my post...
my posts on Hu tao for easy reading
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:51 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 2305, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Iavh is a short read. He ate'd a bit as he was getting voted and then faded back into the background when the wagon died off
Oh wow, yeah....that's definitely a policy lim at best. Then again, with how active some players have been others are getting ignored and scum could coast. We're more likely to hit town than scum today anyway so I'd be willing to move there just to get to D2, but there are definitely places I'd rather be.
V/LA on Weekends
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:52 am

Post by Shrek »

In post 2303, shaddowez wrote: Did an FL/ZZZX ISO, and tried processing through all the noise. My ZZZX SR was based on early posts, and not something I had gone back to revisit in a while. Rereading, the push looks really thin and I'm REALLY not liking
the worst
's positioning and vote, though I'm trying not to tunnel. Still working through things, gonna check out IAVH next because I owe that a read.
can you summarize what you're feeling on worst in specific because we might share the same opinion here
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:53 am

I think umlaut wrote a browser extension to warn against using the banned word, maybe you can ask him viewtopic.php?t=90872
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:54 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 2309, shaddowez wrote:
In post 2265, camelCasedSnivy wrote: can someone please tell me why i should go on zzzx :sob:
Snivy
, why did you go from a TR to willing to vote him at all in 11 posts, only 2 of which even had to do with them?
yo
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:54 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 2308, ZZZX wrote:
In post 2304, shaddowez wrote:
I
will
be banned for this in a week or two somehow, mark my words, despite my best intentions and attempts. It takes one day where I am more involved in the game and not re-reading my posts as thouroughly (since I usually post stream-of-thoughts)
shrug
lol well the sites always had it eccentricities but Ive always tried to observe them.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:55 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 2312, Shrek wrote:
In post 2303, shaddowez wrote: Did an FL/ZZZX ISO, and tried processing through all the noise. My ZZZX SR was based on early posts, and not something I had gone back to revisit in a while. Rereading, the push looks really thin and I'm REALLY not liking
the worst
can you summarize what you're feeling on worst in specific because we might share the same opinion here
Heading to lunch, will answer this when I get back though
V/LA on Weekends
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:55 am

In post 2311, shaddowez wrote:
In post 2305, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Iavh is a short read. He ate'd a bit as he was getting voted and then faded back into the background when the wagon died off
Oh wow, yeah....that's definitely a policy lim at best. Then again, with how active some players have been others are getting ignored and scum could coast. We're more likely to hit town than scum today anyway so I'd be willing to move there just to get to D2, but there are definitely places I'd rather be.
I think showing no interest in the game unless you're getting run up is kind of scummy
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:55 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 2310, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
Spoiler:
quote="Cat Scratch Fever" post_id=13910539 time=1694632082 user_id=33903]
Hu Tao, I think you've been playing up the newbie card a little bit as a reason to hold back. It reminds me of Blood over Utopia where you were in the background because the mechanics confused you
In post 1797, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I'm obviously going to be biased but I dislike that vote on me
Hu Tao is scumreading me for a gutread, but felt the need to qualify it by saying they can't explain it 3 times

That reads unnatural to me because gut reads are typically something that can't be explained anyway, so why feel the need to say that 3 times?

For some reason
for some reason
. But
I'm not sure why

For some reason, I think you could be scum. It's a gut feeling, your posts don't seem genuine for some reason. But I'm not sure why

Just a few

Really now

Why can't I just be misguided town? The fact that you immediately think I'm scum is what's worse for you.
[/spoiler]my posts on Hu tao for easy reading
[/quote]

THanks, I will take a look.

Going out in a bit for dinner with a friend, and will proceed to read further when I am back in 2-3 hours
redacted
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:58 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 2310, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1630, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Hu Tao, I think you've been playing up the newbie card a little bit as a reason to hold back. It reminds me of Blood over Utopia where you were in the background because the mechanics confused you

For some reason
for some reason
. But
I'm not sure why

Just a few

Really now

my posts on Hu tao for easy reading
I kind of like that you'd put together a neat 3 post case on them for me actually. It says its important to you.
I never did agree with this logic, but the case on hu is mostly just the case on anyone.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:20 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 2314, pisskop wrote:
In post 2309, shaddowez wrote:
Snivy
yo
I'm asking for a reason since I don't know the motivation dawg
master at being scum(my)
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:31 am

Post by Shrek »

In post 2295, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2290, Shrek wrote: VOTE: CSF

if there's no traction on IAVH or the 'scumslipped team' this seems fine enough for pressure
What do you mean vote for pressure

I've given lots of reads, do you have thoughts on any of them
i mean i want to pressure you because i think you may be scum and none of my other top SRs have any traction

i think your hu tao read is fairly weak and based mostly on 'they started with the conclusion first' which can be done as either alignment. i don't see the way you interacted with JV (supposedly one of your top scumreads) as towny and your whole readslist just feels 'too easy' and not in a good way
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:33 am

Post by Shrek »

In post 1493, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Town

Random Nurse, Klazam, Flavor Leaf, the worst
Naerys, Psyche, Shrek, Save the Dragons, shaddowez, BBmolla, Doctor Drew
iamveryhappy, camelCasedSnivy, davesaz, bob3141, TemporalLich, pisskop
biancospino
-- idk/null tier
furtiveglance, Hu Tao, JacksonVirgo, ZZZX, Aisa
Merlyn

Scum

I'm all caught up, AMA
like aside from the obvious 'hey look i have different reads' in a JV SR and the guy who's SRing you this is kinda nothing
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:37 am

No, town don't start from the conclusion first. They analyze the evidence before drawing conclusions.

When asked for specific posts that they scum read, hu tao just responded with "some of them." It was an inscrutable response, not a response that showed willingness to engage with me or a willingness to show their work.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:39 am

Post by Klazam »

Hmm. I'm ambivalent on CSF. after that iso, i'd say i'd lean slightly towards scum than not. I do strongly disagree with the hu tao thing - I was initally scumreading hu tao, but after the post on being unaware of multiball, and a couple that followed that, i do not see it coming from scum. I think it'd be a stupid thing to gambit on as scum lol, esp at that particular time (if i recall correctly, not going back to check). I dont see this case.

So yeah Im good with this wagon if TL apparently isnt happening.

VOTE: CSF

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”