Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:16 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 297, AnimatedWiz wrote: I agree we haven’t had much direct interaction, but I think that fact supports my theory instead of weakening it—it’s weird to have me as a top townread and sheep my reads when we’ve not interacted aside from me saying that I want to trust her once.

I think all of that was part of subtle attempt at making me want to further trust her over time without having any easy, quotable evidence like directly saying she trusts me or likes me or something. It’s quite natural to trust people who have similar reads, especially if other people are against those reads, right—that’s the way I think she was trying to pocket me.

Plus, out of everyone in the town, I was probably the best candidate for her to try that on, since I’m new, already reading her favorably, and have reads that other people are against.
VOTE: animatedwiz

I don’t get why you’ve spent so much time talking about how you’re suspicious of Naerys but you don’t seem to have any intention of voting her. It feels like you want approval from everyone first
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:18 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 300, BlackStar wrote:
In post 297, AnimatedWiz wrote: I agree we haven’t had much direct interaction, but I think that fact supports my theory instead of weakening it—it’s weird to have me as a top townread and sheep my reads when we’ve not interacted aside from me saying that I want to trust her once.

I think all of that was part of subtle attempt at making me want to further trust her over time without having any easy, quotable evidence like directly saying she trusts me or likes me or something. It’s quite natural to trust people who have similar reads, especially if other people are against those reads, right—that’s the way I think she was trying to pocket me.

Plus, out of everyone in the town, I was probably the best candidate for her to try that on, since I’m new, already reading her favorably, and have reads that other people are against.

I don’t get why you’ve spent so much time talking about how you’re suspicious of Naerys but you don’t seem to have any intention of voting her. It feels like you want approval from everyone first
I’m explaining my theory because people keep questioning me about it.

Also, VOTE: DragonEater. Weird last three posts.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

Why is it weird to have someone you haven't really interacted with as a TR? What does Naerys get from pocketing YOU specifically, especially considering that you haven't really been in control of the game-state throughout this entire day?

This feels less like a concrete theory you have and more like you scrambling to put yourself back together after being challenged. I think this supports my earlier proposition that you've been trying to position yourself to easily disengage from these kinds of conversations.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 301, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 300, BlackStar wrote:

I’m explaining my theory because people keep questioning me about it.

Also, VOTE: DragonEater. Weird last three posts.
You were just talking about how you feel confident in your theory and then you go and vote for someone else entirely. I don’t get it
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 301, AnimatedWiz wrote: Also, VOTE: DragonEater. Weird last three posts.
I don't get what's so weird about them
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 302, OutWorldER wrote: Why is it weird to have someone you haven't really interacted with as a TR? What does Naerys get from pocketing YOU specifically, especially considering that you haven't really been in control of the game-state throughout this entire day?
Well, there’s always the possibility of keeping me around as limbait, or just trying to keep me until LimLo where I hopefully vote with her. I think she benefits from pocketing anyone, and I was judged to be an opportune target for that.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 304, usesPython wrote:
In post 301, AnimatedWiz wrote: Also, VOTE: DragonEater. Weird last three posts.
I don't get what's so weird about them
They struck me with an odd vibe that matched the earlier vibe I got from DE’s posts that made me distrust him in the first place—doesn’t surprise me that you didn’t catch it since you didn’t catch the same vibe earlier.

To me, it felt like an attempt to appear involved without committing—a way to say, “I’d vote Annie,” without having to actually vote me, because he can come back tomorrow and say he read over everything and changed his mind. It’s like OWER was accusing me of—appearing to support a cause while still keeping the back door open.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:30 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 303, BlackStar wrote: You were just talking about how you feel confident in your theory and then you go and vote for someone else entirely. I don’t get it
I feel confident in scum!Naerys, but
more
confident in scum!DE.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Si, apparently my body is refusing to go to back to sleep despite it being 3:50 AM.

So I am gonna respond to Wiz here and ask: what's so weird about my posts? That I wanted to vote you? That I didn't want to accidentally hammer you half-asleep without catching up?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:55 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Just for the record, this is the post I typed out earlier (before I fell asleep):
VOTE: Wiz

I just don't see anything towny about him. I'm not saying the slot *screams* "scum", but I feel I could towncase literally everyone in this game except Wiz, Enchant and Hu Tao. And Hu Tao has made 2 posts. And Enchant is Enchant.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Just checked, far outside hammer range.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 271, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 259, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 255, TheHoldSteady wrote: VOTE: Enchant
That's a weird vote after you make a pretty convincing case on Ani.
You've gone back and forth through this thread on whether you think I'm town or scum without making as firm a stance as everyone else and honestly, with this post it makes me worried you're still fence-sitting while also nudging me in a dour direction towards voting Wiz.
I disagree, I've been pretty consistently townreading you and only voted you once because you went down to null and I was seeping Tortle. Literally every other time I was townreading you.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Sheeping, obviously
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:09 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 309, DragonEater70 wrote: Just for the record, this is the post I typed out earlier (before I fell asleep):

I just don't see anything towny about him. I'm not saying the slot *screams* "scum", but I feel I could towncase literally everyone in this game except Wiz, Enchant and Hu Tao. And Hu Tao has made 2 posts. And Enchant is Enchant.
I think this is another example of you trying push me while leaving the backdoor open—saying I don’t “scream scum,” but still supporting the vote on me (and trying to make it even easier to disavow by saying it was the post you were “going to send” while you were sleepy).

Also, if you townread everyone except me and two people you don’t have much of a read on yet, you don’t have enough scumreads. I think you are trying to avoid offending everyone to go with the flow.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 273, SmileyDude1 wrote: I'd say I vibe with OWER's recent posting as well.

AnimatedWiz, i'm somewhat neutral about right now. Like i'm not sensing anything right now that strikes me as unpure about their posting, but i'm not really getting anything that strikes as town either. Might take a deeper look on them at some point if I have time.
In post 270, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 237, BlackStar wrote: @Smileydude1

Besides THS, who do you town read right now?
Right now my top townreads are Python and Wartortle. Would put Dragon and Hold right behind them
In post 279, OutWorldER wrote: I do feel like Wiz is the best wagon right now simply because sent off a lot of alarm bells in my head and I think it'd be easier to solve people who are on a Wiz wagon than on a Hu Tao wagon.
In post 291, OutWorldER wrote: I'm not sure if I'm reading that post right, where did Naerys sheep you and why does it imply scum!Naerys? And tbh Naerys dig for me being inactive was deserved because I genuinely wasn't posting at a good volume beforehand because of work.
In post 290, AnimatedWiz wrote: If I could ask you, OWER, what are your reads right now?
DE, THS, Wartortle <-- Townreads
Smiley <-- Townlean
Naerys, Python <-- Null
Enchant <-- Scumlean
You, Hu Tao <-- Scumreads
I just want to point all these posts as reads/posts which I think come from town, so I'm adding Smiley as a medium townlean and OWER as a strong townlean (not a town read yet).
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 313, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 309, DragonEater70 wrote: Just for the record, this is the post I typed out earlier (before I fell asleep):

I think this is another example of you trying push me while leaving the backdoor open—saying I don’t “scream scum,” but still supporting the vote on me (and trying to make it even easier to disavow by saying it was the post you were “going to send” while you were sleepy).

Also, if you townread everyone except me and two people you don’t have much of a read on yet, you don’t have enough scumreads. I think you are trying to avoid offending everyone to go with the flow.
I didn't say I townread everyone, I said I COULD make a towncase on everyone. I was pretty explictly not townreading smiley when I wrote that.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I just don't feel Ani's progression on me sounds real at all tbh.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

And Ani, you don't scream scum because of you are scum you are deliberately playing in a very careful not to be scummy way, which is exactly what I am scumreading. So obviously you won't look overly scummy.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Currently my reads are something like this:

Townreads:
Wortle
Python
BlackStar
THS
Townleans:
OWER
Slight townleans:
Smiley
Null:
Hu Tao
Heipizhu4
Naerys?
Afrayed Knott
Slight scumlean:
Naerys?
Strong Scumlean:
Enchant
Wiz
Scumread:
No one

Tbh I completely forgot Heipizhu4 and Afrayed Knott even existed until now (I just checked the playerlist while making this)
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:23 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 318, DragonEater70 wrote: Currently my reads are something like this:

Townreads:
Wortle
Python
BlackStar
THS

Townleans:
OWER

Slight townleans:
Smiley

Null:
Hu Tao
Heipizhu4
Naerys?
Afrayed Knott

Slight scumlean:
Naerys?

Strong Scumlean:
Enchant
Wiz

Scumread:
No one

Tbh I completely forgot Heipizhu4 and Afrayed Knott even existed until now (I just checked the playerlist while making this)
For readability.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:24 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

If I was scum and wanted to play in a way where I wouldn’t be caught, I would not be silly enough to repeat similar tactics that got me scumread by people in my last scum game… especially when those same people are now in this game, and on D1 no less.

Me sounding similar in both games is why BlackStar is scumreading me, and if I remember correctly, it’s the same for Hu Tao and, uh, maybe Enchant? Me sounding similar to last game to them doesn’t track with me attempting to fly under the radar.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:28 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Then explain why you are sounding similar please.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:20 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Honestly, it’s mostly that I’ve switched votes a few times, and back then I was accused (rightfully so) of attempting to stay in the middle to avoid provoking any retaliation. I feel like I’ve been better about making my scumreads clear this game and being loud about them, but the two-pronged Naerys theory and switching to pressure-vote Hu Tao are probably sticking in their minds more than anything else I’ve done.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:42 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Wiz my friend, you are doing exactly that this game as well. It feels like you are not committing yourself to any scumreads except when you OMGUS me right after saying I went up in your reads. It just sounds extremely off.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:44 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Well, convincing you of my read on you being right is pointless. Really, I’m trying to share my thought process for this stuff as thoroughly as possible, because there is a real chance I’m our first miselim—I’d like to make sure that I can help the town with my hunting, regardless of whether I survive to D2. I don’t want to lead any investigations astray with being too, uh, quiet or unclear about stuff.

I have given you every reason I’ve thought for you being scummy, and talked plenty about Naerys, too—so for now, I just have to wait for the others to come to their own judgments about whether I make any valid points. Hopefully that results in me sticking around for at least a little longer, because I’d really like to get more info on stuff.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”