Open 889 | Secrets of the Anuket Topaz | fin.

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3350 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:16 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I’ll finish my reading today, and make some final reads. I don’t feel all that compelled to argue specifically with Prism. I think they’re Scum and just want to crowd me out. I could be wrong, but it doesn’t matter. I don’t think they should be the vote anyway because I don’t think it’s feasible in the least, and it would be a waste of time.

I will try and reconcile my reads with the post about gob’s Towniness - certainly I don’t think I’m above reconsidering even if I would be suspicious of the source. But like I’ve said multiple times now, I’m trying to read everything in order and that defense is a more recent development.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3351 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3327, gob wrote:
In post 3325, jjh927 wrote: Reread page 83 and 84. There is a VC on 83 you can look at to get the state. Look at where the votes are moving
I probably wont reread
Like this is an outrageous reaction, but I don’t see much reevaluation happening from Prism here. I am strongly against an imaginality execution precisely because of the context jjh also pointed out (that I highlighted in a previous post), but gob clearly has an agenda and no set of facts or additional critical thinking is going to change that. Which is blatantly Scummy. But whatever, let’s pretend that executing me wins the game so we can all feel better about ourselves.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3352 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:19 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 3348, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3344, Ydrasse wrote: i don’t feel great about this vote but there are few i think i could feel great about atp
Can you explain why you’re voting for me beyond just I’m going to vote with my TRs? Because it seems to me like this is basically going to define whether we win or lose, and you seem to really not care.
when i’m home i’ll outline it more but the gist is that i read through some isos and i’m struggling to figure out who wolf is and i don’t feel like there’s a lot of reasons for me to think you’re town other than your recent posting but even that is… a lot of emotional influence on me than it is a reason that you aren’t paired with camel
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3353 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:20 am

Post by Prism »

Andres is asserting I have any scum incentive at all to flip this off of T3.

I literally win the game by letting that go through and waiting to do this until tomorrow unless my partner is exactly T3.

Weird that I'm so impatient to get Andres today and not tomorrow. Really bizarre.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3354 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:21 am

Post by Andresvmb »

@T3 I will vote you purely as self-preservation, but I would rather not. The fact of the matter is that I know I’m Town, and though I think you are too from what I’ve gathered, I’m not certain.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3355 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:22 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3352, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 3344, Ydrasse wrote: i don’t feel great about this vote but there are few i think i could feel great about atp
Can you explain why you’re voting for me beyond just I’m going to vote with my TRs? Because it seems to me like this is basically going to define whether we win or lose, and you seem to really not care.
when i’m home i’ll outline it more but the gist is that i read through some isos and i’m struggling to figure out who wolf is and i don’t feel like there’s a lot of reasons for me to think you’re town other than your recent posting but even that is… a lot of emotional influence on me than it is a reason that you aren’t paired with camel
So you don’t think the voting by a few players of both Town players or some blatant defenses of escaped Scum are worse than my inactivity? I mean that’s baffling. But okay.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3356 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:22 am

Post by gob »

Absolutely nobody hammer until i am home at least
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3357 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:22 am

Post by Prism »

As a bonus he doesn't think my partner is T3.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3358 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:25 am

Post by gob »

In post 3351, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3327, gob wrote:
In post 3325, jjh927 wrote: Reread page 83 and 84. There is a VC on 83 you can look at to get the state. Look at where the votes are moving
I probably wont reread
Like this is an outrageous reaction, but I don’t see much reevaluation happening from Prism here. I am strongly against an imaginality execution precisely because of the context jjh also pointed out (that I highlighted in a previous post), but gob clearly has an agenda and no set of facts or additional critical thinking is going to change that. Which is blatantly Scummy. But whatever, let’s pretend that executing me wins the game so we can all feel better about ourselves.
this was mostly a joke lol
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3359 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:25 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3353, Prism wrote: Andres is asserting I have any scum incentive at all to flip this off of T3.

I literally win the game by letting that go through and waiting to do this until tomorrow unless my partner is exactly T3.

Weird that I'm so impatient to get Andres today and not tomorrow. Really bizarre.
Your approach to today is beyond infuriating. If you think you’re well situated, then you would rather your partner escape instead of you, correct? No reason to not maintain your strategic positioning in the game by having certain players pocketed or leaning positively on you, while pushing your preferred elimination which, when I flip Town, will damage you somewhat but perhaps not enough to not continue with the strategy as laid out. That’s speculation, but you’re making it sound like no way you wouldn’t just execute T3 if they’re not your Partner as if you didn’t care about perception.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3360 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:25 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 3355, Andresvmb wrote:
So you don’t think the voting by a few players of both Town players or some blatant defenses of escaped Scum are worse than my inactivity? I mean that’s baffling. But okay.
i think it’s… very silly and baffling that you’re reducing it down like this but again i will explain when i am able
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3361 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3358, gob wrote:
In post 3327, gob wrote:
I probably wont reread
This is a straight up lie.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3362 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Prism »

I also love that despite asking him SIX TIMES why my reasoning on gob is wrong Andres can't do anything except show up and complain that everyone sucks and he's disappointed the moment he gets voted.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3363 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:29 am

Post by Prism »

For someone that doesn't want to argue with me about our own respective slots, the dude adamantly refuses to talk about anything else with me.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3364 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:30 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3360, Ydrasse wrote:
i think it’s… very silly and baffling that you’re reducing it down like this but again i will explain when i am able
What ISOs have you read? Understand that figuring out Scum here is not straightforward - we haven’t helped ourselves a lot by executing Town back to back and I certainly haven’t helped myself by being absent.

But you’re making it sound like there aren’t any players that defended camel or failed to vote there at key moments, or that pushed for Town in ways that are subtle (like Shirou’s tunnel of Alisae is the sort of stuff that experienced Scum can get away with, but it’s not what I see most often because of the attention it attracts). So that’s what I don’t understand - you’re making it seem like my posting is somehow worse than what is already out there and I just don’t get it.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3365 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:30 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3362, Prism wrote: I also love that despite asking him SIX TIMES why my reasoning on gob is wrong Andres can't do anything except show up and complain that everyone sucks and he's disappointed the moment he gets voted.
I haven’t read your defense. Stop making it sound like that’s a Scum tell or something. I haven’t gotten to it. I’m making up my own mind by reading in order. Stop pushing this angle. It’s ridiculous.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3366 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:32 am

Post by Prism »

You haven't gotten to it in like 4 days but here you are again whining up a storm and fighting with me over our own slots. Bizarre how one of these you always have time for, usually within the hour.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3367 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:32 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 3346, Prism wrote: (I believe that's three on Andres-T3, Ydra, Prism-and four on T3-Shirou, Firebringer, Dragons, imaginality)
This feels significant that T3 didn't get hammered.
Makes me think if T3 is town then gob and Ydrasse and Andres are town because I think any of them as scum would just take the chance to hammer town and escape. (As none of them are especially well positioned.)

But the more likely scenario is T3 is scum.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3368 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:33 am

Post by Prism »

In post 3367, imaginality wrote:This feels significant that T3 didn't get hammered.
Makes me think if T3 is town then gob and Ydrasse and Andres are town because I think any of them as scum would just take the chance to hammer town and escape. (As none of them are especially well positioned.)

But the more likely scenario is T3 is scum.
It takes 6 votes. T3 had 4. Another player needed to vote before a scum can blitz.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3369 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:34 am

Post by gob »

In post 3361, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3358, gob wrote:
In post 3327, gob wrote:
I probably wont reread
wtf no its not lol.

Are you just the wolf here?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3370 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:34 am

Post by imaginality »

Oh d'oh. Ignore that then, I thought it was 5
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3371 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3369, gob wrote:
In post 3358, gob wrote:
In post 3327, gob wrote:
I probably wont reread
wtf no its not lol.

Why don’t you do what you told jjh you would do then and prove me wrong?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3372 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 3364, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3360, Ydrasse wrote:
What ISOs have you read? Understand that figuring out Scum here is not straightforward - we haven’t helped ourselves a lot by executing Town back to back and I certainly haven’t helped myself by being absent.

But you’re making it sound like there aren’t any players that defended camel or failed to vote there at key moments, or that pushed for Town in ways that are subtle (like Shirou’s tunnel of Alisae is the sort of stuff that experienced Scum can get away with, but it’s not what I see most often because of the attention it attracts). So that’s what I don’t understand - you’re making it seem like my posting is somehow worse than what is already out there and I just don’t get it.
i think that i’ve read most of the isos in varying degrees but i skimmed yours camel gobs dragons today (am at work)
most of my reasons to not vote people are either due to camel stuff or some other things that feel Towny to me even if they’re alongside not as good camel stuff. i feel that the only reason i have to call you town is that your emotions could come from town but you’ve not done anything to rule yourself out of being a wolf (and i feel you’re aware of that too?) so i don’t understand the like… indignation
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3373 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:37 am

Post by gob »

In post 3371, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3369, gob wrote:
In post 3358, gob wrote:
In post 3327, gob wrote:
I probably wont reread
wtf no its not lol.

Why don’t you do what you told jjh you would do then and prove me wrong?
Im at work for another 2 hours dude
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3374 (ISO) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:42 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3366, Prism wrote: You haven't gotten to it in like 4 days but here you are again whining up a storm and fighting with me over our own slots. Bizarre how one of these you always have time for, usually within the hour.
What I really do find most annoying about how you’re playing is that you will take 0 responsibility for being wrong if I do flip Town (if you’re Town of course, which I don’t believe). You’ll make some dumb excuse that it was impossible to read me correctly since I complained too much and that I was useless or some other crap.

I have clearly been catching up over time, by putting in multiple hours over the last several days. Is that not obvious to you? I obviously don’t want the game to get derailed, so I do take the time to respond when I can to the posts I have read towards the front as I proceed with my catch up methodically. I don’t think I need to prove this - you can just read my ISO and it’s all there.

I haven’t said everyone sucks either - that’s just a blatant misrep. I’m upset at Ydrasse a bit but for the nth time, I think their confusion about my alignment (and some others) is totally fair. I do hold T3 to a higher standard - they’ve been able to pin me correctly in other games from my real time posting, so it’s disappointing they’re voting me here but they’re also under pressure so that may just be what must be done.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”