Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:54 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1198, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 1197, usesPython wrote: Hot take: d1 deadsheeping is dumb as hell cause if they were actually good at mafia they wouldn't be dead
Being good at reading and good at defending yourself are two separate skills—sometimes they correlate, and sometimes they don’t.
Stop stealing my thoughts
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:55 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1199, Black wrote:
In post 1195, usesPython wrote:
In post 711, Wartortle wrote: scum is some bullshit like roden/python/hu tao
idk Roden seems to be getting run up
4 votes and they could all easily be townies. There's been resistance to the wagon too
We're saying that Wartle is getting their reads pushed instead of everyone forgetting
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:56 am

Post by Black »

In post 1202, usesPython wrote:
In post 1199, Black wrote:
In post 1195, usesPython wrote:
In post 711, Wartortle wrote: scum is some bullshit like roden/python/hu tao
idk Roden seems to be getting run up
4 votes and they could all easily be townies. There's been resistance to the wagon too
We're saying that Wartle is getting their reads pushed instead of everyone forgetting
Oh yeah I misread you there
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

VC 2.2

Roden [4]:
AnimatedWiz, OutWorldER, Black, Roden
Black [1]:
BlackStar
OutWorldER [1]:
Enchant
Naerys [1]:
Hu Tao
Thestatusquo [1]:
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady [1]:
Naerys
BlackStar [1]:
usesPython

Not Voting [2]:
Thestatusquo, SmileyDude1

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate. Day 2 ends in (expired on 2023-11-14 12:58:34).

Mod Notes:
:]
Last edited by Dannflor on Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Naerys »

Finally
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:01 am

Post by usesPython »

poggers
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:22 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 1124, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1111, OutWorldER wrote: alright, I got back from work fairly early, so I'll drop this now and then probably go to sleep, and respond to whatever is posted in response in the morning when I wake up

Spoiler: WHEN YOU JUMP TO IT AND YOU CAN'T GO THROUGH IT AND YOU CAN'T KNOCK IT DOWN

Black vs Roden, I think, is incredibly obvious TvS, and Roden is the very obvious scum in this situation. It feels this D2 Roden came from a completely alternate universe than D1 Roden. His assertion that Black can't vote scum does not track with his own stated reads, where Black's vote has been, and his own (lack of) defense of the Wartortle wagon. Look at the following quotes here:

Spoiler: Quotes Wall
In post 932, Roden wrote: I don't think Black is capable of voting scum unfortunately
In post 948, Roden wrote:
In post 943, Naerys wrote:
In post 939, Black wrote:
In post 936, Naerys wrote:
In post 934, Black wrote: Because I know for a fact you don't
huh?
Roden thinks you and OWER are scum but for some reason he seems to think I can't vote for scum
Thats quite weird. Seems like scum was caught being inconsistent.
Y'all said this about Wartortle and he flipped town. Wake up.
In post 950, Roden wrote:
In post 944, Black wrote: Everyone hop on. I'm driving this wagon off the cliff
Vote this off tomorrow so this slot doesn't make us lose in ELO please

If you were to replace into this game right now, and the first posts you saw were these, you'd think that Roden would've been hard defending Wartortle D1 and heavily against his elim. This isn't true to reality though, because if we look at his ISO D1:

Spoiler: Quotes Wall the 2nd
In post 622, Roden wrote: Sorry, I had trouble connecting to the site the last couple days. I had caught up when it was 15 pages and I'm just going to give my thoughts from there. As of now I'll be playing in the present and just catch up over the night phase.

Smiley: Seemed odd early on but I agreed with a lot of his posts. and are posts I especially liked and thought were townie.

Hu Tao: A lot of nothing for awhile, but I think that's townie for her judging by past experience. Which maybe sounds mean and I don't intend to mean it that way, but I've seen them be very active/proactive as scum and I don't think their attitude matches their scum games so far.

Naerys: I don't agree with most of the reasoning she's given for her reads. is the only post I kinda like, but even then she only null reads Star later on, which is just off to me. I hate the Wartortle and Smiley reads.

Wiz: Idk why this player has been getting scum read, and I don't agree with the previous player in my slot. Wiz has been pretty solvey all game, and he's been one of the most active players. This game has been too inactive for scum to actively decide to put so much attention on themself like he has.

Wartortle: A self proclaimed town leader that I'm fine with town binning for now. Depending on flips, I could see him potentially being a power wolf, but it feels very unlikely.

Enchant: Pass.

Heip: Hard to follow what's going on with him, but he looks like lim bait. Going on the backburner for later.

Hold: I got genuine townie outrage from him and feel some empathy there. I think this is just town.

OWER: rang alarm bells for me, it read like panicked scum who was scrambling around all of the replace-ins. The fact he moved his vote later on solidifies this for me.

Star: Has some LAMIST posts that I didn't like. I have a scum lean here but it's based mostly on vibes.

Knott: Nothing to comment on. I'm hoping Shea town tells.

Python: I like posts and , I feel fine setting them aside as town.

VOTE: Naerys

In post 673, Roden wrote:
In post 669, Black wrote:
In post 667, Roden wrote: Explain maybe?
Your vote on Naerys feels opportunistic. When reading your catchup post it feels like you mainly scumread her for having bad reads which isn't even really scum indicative. When I compare your read on her to OWER and to an extent BlackStar I feel like your vote should have gone to one of the latter two, but instead it goes on Naerys who just so happens to be one of the leading wagons

Nothing in your catchup gave me enough town vibes to make me reconsider my scumlean on DE

Initially I had an issue with your readslist because I thought it was ordered and that didn't match your reads but looking at it in more detail, it seems like you just threw names into the piles without ordering them. Correct me if I'm wrong here
Sorry, I thought I'd made it clear but I mainly scum read her for the
reasoning
she gave for her reads, not because she had bad reads. I specifically hate the Smiley read because I think he'd done enough to not be a null slot, and I hate the Wartortle scum read because it had zero lead up to it and it didn't match up with their prior interactions.

I would vote OWER, but 1) I haven't fully caught up and I want to know the context of why he changed his tune about his Wiz, 2) I don't have enough buy in and good will to start a brand new wagon two days before deadline, and 3) I still think Naerys is scum, and of my three scum reads she's the most likely slot I can successfully vote out.

As far as opportunism, I don't really understand this point. If I'm scum making up scum reads, voting Wartortle is the optimal play regardless of his alignment. If he's town, he's a much better vote than Naerys since that furthers the gap from my own potential wagon, and if Naerys is also town who is LHF then I'd want to keep her around for the next Day phase. If Wartortle is scum, the best play is for us to commit to scum theatre so one of us gains town cred if the other flips.

Also yeah, my reads list isn't ordered, but only because it isn't final yet.
In post 777, Roden wrote: For what it's worth, if this does flip town I don't think it was a scum-driven wagon. It feels like it built up naturally.

The first two quotes are like...the most Roden ever offered in defense of Wartortle, and the last one is almost outright an endorsement of the wagon. Roden's read on Wartortle is also incredibly hedgy, stating a weak TR on the slot while also proclaiming he could see him being a "power wolf". Roden also does basically nothing to push his "preferred alternative" (Naerys) at all D1. His readslist, initial vote, and some weak justification offered
almost entirely in defense of himself
is the most he ever does to try and push Naerys D1.

These two narratives are completely incongruous with one another and the scum motivation here should be obvious: Scum lets a town-led miselim through while off-wagon, then beats Town over the head D2 with the fact of their mislim to try and gain some towncred off of an "I told you so" narrative. Except in this case Roden didn't even bother to try and pretend he wasn't going to let the Wartortle elim go through in the first place.

The rest of the fight is just theatre on Roden's part:

Spoiler: Quotes Wall the 3rd

In post 966, Roden wrote:
In post 959, Black wrote:
In post 955, Naerys wrote: Woah calm down, Black
I mean the guy is purposely being snarky and rude just to piss me off and shade me. Mission accomplished. I'm not personally attacking him, I just said I don't give a fuck if he thinks my response is real or not
Yeah it's shit like this why I'm being snarky

I can't have a single conversation with you without you twisting what I say as being scum-motivated

Like every time I tried to talk to you yesterday you could only think up worlds where I'm scum no matter what I was trying to say or whatever alignment Wartortle would flip

And you're still doing that today
In post 947, Roden wrote:
In post 941, Black wrote:
In post 937, Roden wrote:
In post 934, Black wrote:
In post 932, Roden wrote: I don't think Black is capable of voting scum unfortunately
First of all...rude

Second, you think Naerys, OWER, and Enchant are all town? Because I know for a fact you don't. So why the shade?
Who are you voting
You said I'm not capable of voting scum, which implies you don't think I've voted for scum this game. So yeah this is pure shade and I think you know I'm town
I'm telling you to stop fucking around with bad votes and pointless shade

It's Day 2 and you're voting someone you barely have a case on. Do you seriously have so little information that you can't formulate a legitimate case? Do you find it impossible to work with other people and try to reset after making a bad mis-elim go through?
In post 954, Roden wrote: Idk what your problem is but your attitude is atrocious and your ego is embarrassing

These potshots are utterly divorced from the reality of the game, especially the first one. Go back and read those quotes where Roden talks to Black D1. The responses from both players are civil, and in the context of Black's , and the frustration coming from Roden seems incredibly exaggerated and out of proportion. Black has been incredibly transparent with the DE/Roden read, both that she had a scumlean on him and that her read was also not entirely set in stone. If you want to say that Roden's anger here comes from being voted by Black, I'd counter that he should reasonably have forseen this possibility from his interactions with her D1 and the fact that there was no NK from which to do NKA that could've affected Black's reads. The only thing that could've affected Black's reads was Wartortle's flip, but reading Black's ISO I think Black made it clear her read on Wartortle was divorced associatives-wise from her read on DE/Roden.

But the real kicker is, if you read these in a vacuum once again, it looks like Roden is a frustrated townie yelling at a person who he also thinks is a townie. Then:

Spoiler: Quotes Wall the 4th

In post 973, Roden wrote: Honestly I can't even town clear you Black for the way you're acting here because this isn't even the third time that I've pissed off scum so badly that they want me dead

Granted...they all won afterwards because everyone town read their genuine anger and played it up even after my mis-elim
In post 974, Roden wrote:
In post 971, Black wrote:
In post 966, Roden wrote: Yeah it's shit like this why I'm being snarky

I can't have a single conversation with you without you twisting what I say as being scum-motivated

Like every time I tried to talk to you yesterday you could only think up worlds where I'm scum no matter what I was trying to say or whatever alignment Wartortle would flip

That's cap. I was clearly willing to re-evaluate in and I even admitted I was wrong about one of my points in that post. But whatever dude
Yet you voted me without trying to engage with me first...interesting...
In post 975, Roden wrote:VOTE: Black

SUDDENLY WE FLIP GEARS COMPLETELY.
On the weakest, most incredibly reachy progression possible, which somehow even overrides his stated SR and vote on me beforehand. Go through Roden's ISO yourself and find where he
ever
states even a nominal suspicious of Black's slot, and you won't find until the literal 2 last posts he made in this argument. I think Roden realized that people were voting Black on (what I think is a) weak case (the idea that Black "goaded" Naerys into voting so Enchant would hammer) and realized he could twist it into trying to start something on Black (remember that at this point in the argument Enchant and BlackStar were still voting Black). Or just to throw it out there to try and improve his image and make it look like a TvT. The point is that I don't think this vote here comes from town.
I don't think any of Roden's part in this conversation comes from Town.
I think the entirety of Roden's posts here are about making himself look good and not about actual scumhunting.

I don't know how to end this wall.

VOTE: Roden
I think your argument against him doesn’t really work for two reasons, but I want to see Roden’s response before I share the issues I see with it.
Roden's response was to self-vote, which I don't see how you take as anything but a scum claim (his top scumread [myself] comes down to drop mucho texto on top of him, and instead of fighting it he just gives up?), so I'm curious to hear this counter-argument you have.

Hi I just woke up at 1 PM in the afternoon. I'm mostly caught up.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:24 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 1181, Black wrote:
In post 1180, usesPython wrote:
In post 1176, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 1175, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 1173, AnimatedWiz wrote: Python, I fear y’all are going to have a lot of policy votes if you keep adding more conditions on.
Why do you care?
1. Can’t do VCA on someone who policy votes a lot of different things.

2. It dilutes the limiting power of a policy vote—people won’t respect the vote if they know someone else will catch it soon after.

3. It’s kind of funny.
I literally have 0 clue who our vote is on rn without checking, I'd be surprised if anyone could VCA us with any sort of reliability
How do you not know who your vote is on?
Python is multiple people (actually I've been meaning to ask, although I'm unsure if this is an insensitive question: Python, are you a system?) so I could see this being the case tbh
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:44 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 1200, Black wrote: I actually kinda like that solve from Wartortle
I'm not a fan of a solve that has Hu Tao in it tbh I think my legacy read from D1 there still fits, nothing that Hu Tao has posted since has swayed me otherwise.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:52 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1131, Roden wrote: VOTE: Roden

I don't care and I lost interest, just kill Black tomorrow
Don’t just give up :?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:53 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1140, Enchant wrote: TvT
Why do you think so?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:58 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1204, Dannflor wrote:
VC 2.2

Roden [4]:
AnimatedWiz, OutWorldER, Black, Roden
Black [1]:
BlackStar
OutWorldER [1]:
Enchant
Naerys [1]:
Hu Tao
Thestatusquo [1]:
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady [1]:
Naerys
BlackStar [1]:
usesPython

Not Voting [2]:
TheHoldSteady, SmileyDude1

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate. Day 2 ends in (expired on 2023-11-14 12:58:34).

Mod Notes:
:]
The votes for THS are confusing. He’s listed as voting for Shea and also as not voting

fixed
Last edited by Dannflor on Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:02 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1207, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 1124, BlackStar wrote:
In post 1111, OutWorldER wrote: alright, I got back from work fairly early, so I'll drop this now and then probably go to sleep, and respond to whatever is posted in response in the morning when I wake up

Spoiler: WHEN YOU JUMP TO IT AND YOU CAN'T GO THROUGH IT AND YOU CAN'T KNOCK IT DOWN

Black vs Roden, I think, is incredibly obvious TvS, and Roden is the very obvious scum in this situation. It feels this D2 Roden came from a completely alternate universe than D1 Roden. His assertion that Black can't vote scum does not track with his own stated reads, where Black's vote has been, and his own (lack of) defense of the Wartortle wagon. Look at the following quotes here:

huh?
Roden thinks you and OWER are scum but for some reason he seems to think I can't vote for scum

If you were to replace into this game right now, and the first posts you saw were these, you'd think that Roden would've been hard defending Wartortle D1 and heavily against his elim. This isn't true to reality though, because if we look at his ISO D1:

In post 622, Roden wrote: Sorry, I had trouble connecting to the site the last couple days. I had caught up when it was 15 pages and I'm just going to give my thoughts from there. As of now I'll be playing in the present and just catch up over the night phase.

Smiley: Seemed odd early on but I agreed with a lot of his posts. and are posts I especially liked and thought were townie.

Hu Tao: A lot of nothing for awhile, but I think that's townie for her judging by past experience. Which maybe sounds mean and I don't intend to mean it that way, but I've seen them be very active/proactive as scum and I don't think their attitude matches their scum games so far.

Naerys: I don't agree with most of the reasoning she's given for her reads. is the only post I kinda like, but even then she only null reads Star later on, which is just off to me. I hate the Wartortle and Smiley reads.

Wiz: Idk why this player has been getting scum read, and I don't agree with the previous player in my slot. Wiz has been pretty solvey all game, and he's been one of the most active players. This game has been too inactive for scum to actively decide to put so much attention on themself like he has.

Wartortle: A self proclaimed town leader that I'm fine with town binning for now. Depending on flips, I could see him potentially being a power wolf, but it feels very unlikely.

Heip: Hard to follow what's going on with him, but he looks like lim bait. Going on the backburner for later.

Hold: I got genuine townie outrage from him and feel some empathy there. I think this is just town.

OWER: rang alarm bells for me, it read like panicked scum who was scrambling around all of the replace-ins. The fact he moved his vote later on solidifies this for me.

Star: Has some LAMIST posts that I didn't like. I have a scum lean here but it's based mostly on vibes.

Your vote on Naerys feels opportunistic. When reading your catchup post it feels like you mainly scumread her for having bad reads which isn't even really scum indicative. When I compare your read on her to OWER and to an extent BlackStar I feel like your vote should have gone to one of the latter two, but instead it goes on Naerys who just so happens to be one of the leading wagons

Nothing in your catchup gave me enough town vibes to make me reconsider my scumlean on DE

Initially I had an issue with your readslist because I thought it was ordered and that didn't match your reads but looking at it in more detail, it seems like you just threw names into the piles without ordering them. Correct me if I'm wrong here
reasoning
she gave for her reads, not because she had bad reads. I specifically hate the Smiley read because I think he'd done enough to not be a null slot, and I hate the Wartortle scum read because it had zero lead up to it and it didn't match up with their prior interactions.

I would vote OWER, but 1) I haven't fully caught up and I want to know the context of why he changed his tune about his Wiz, 2) I don't have enough buy in and good will to start a brand new wagon two days before deadline, and 3) I still think Naerys is scum, and of my three scum reads she's the most likely slot I can successfully vote out.

As far as opportunism, I don't really understand this point. If I'm scum making up scum reads, voting Wartortle is the optimal play regardless of his alignment. If he's town, he's a much better vote than Naerys since that furthers the gap from my own potential wagon, and if Naerys is also town who is LHF then I'd want to keep her around for the next Day phase. If Wartortle is scum, the best play is for us to commit to scum theatre so one of us gains town cred if the other flips.

In post 777, Roden wrote: For what it's worth, if this does flip town I don't think it was a scum-driven wagon. It feels like it built up naturally.

The first two quotes are like...the most Roden ever offered in defense of Wartortle, and the last one is almost outright an endorsement of the wagon. Roden's read on Wartortle is also incredibly hedgy, stating a weak TR on the slot while also proclaiming he could see him being a "power wolf". Roden also does basically nothing to push his "preferred alternative" (Naerys) at all D1. His readslist, initial vote, and some weak justification offered

These two narratives are completely incongruous with one another and the scum motivation here should be obvious: Scum lets a town-led miselim through while off-wagon, then beats Town over the head D2 with the fact of their mislim to try and gain some towncred off of an "I told you so" narrative. Except in this case Roden didn't even bother to try and pretend he wasn't going to let the Wartortle elim go through in the first place.

I mean the guy is purposely being snarky and rude just to piss me off and shade me. Mission accomplished. I'm not personally attacking him, I just said I don't give a fuck if he thinks my response is real or not

First of all...rude

Second, you think Naerys, OWER, and Enchant are all town? Because I know for a fact you don't. So why the shade?
Who are you voting
You said I'm not capable of voting scum, which implies you don't think I've voted for scum this game. So yeah this is pure shade and I think you know I'm town

It's Day 2 and you're voting someone you barely have a case on. Do you seriously have so little information that you can't formulate a legitimate case? Do you find it impossible to work with other people and try to reset after making a bad mis-elim go through?
In post 954, Roden wrote: Idk what your problem is but your attitude is atrocious and your ego is embarrassing

These potshots are utterly divorced from the reality of the game, especially the first one. Go back and read those quotes where Roden talks to Black D1. The responses from both players are civil, and in the context of Black's , and the frustration coming from Roden seems incredibly exaggerated and out of proportion. Black has been incredibly transparent with the DE/Roden read, both that she had a scumlean on him and that her read was also not entirely set in stone. If you want to say that Roden's anger here comes from being voted by Black, I'd counter that he should reasonably have forseen this possibility from his interactions with her D1 and the fact that there was no NK from which to do NKA that could've affected Black's reads. The only thing that could've affected Black's reads was Wartortle's flip, but reading Black's ISO I think Black made it clear her read on Wartortle was divorced associatives-wise from her read on DE/Roden.

But the real kicker is, if you read these in a vacuum once again, it looks like Roden is a frustrated townie yelling at a person who he also thinks is a townie. Then:

In post 973, Roden wrote: Honestly I can't even town clear you Black for the way you're acting here because this isn't even the third time that I've pissed off scum so badly that they want me dead

Granted...they all won afterwards because everyone town read their genuine anger and played it up even after my mis-elim

That's cap. I was clearly willing to re-evaluate in and I even admitted I was wrong about one of my points in that post. But whatever dude

On the weakest, most incredibly reachy progression possible, which somehow even overrides his stated SR and vote on me beforehand. Go through Roden's ISO yourself and find where he
ever
states even a nominal suspicious of Black's slot, and you won't find until the literal 2 last posts he made in this argument. I think Roden realized that people were voting Black on (what I think is a) weak case (the idea that Black "goaded" Naerys into voting so Enchant would hammer) and realized he could twist it into trying to start something on Black (remember that at this point in the argument Enchant and BlackStar were still voting Black). Or just to throw it out there to try and improve his image and make it look like a TvT. The point is that I don't think this vote here comes from town.
I think the entirety of Roden's posts here are about making himself look good and not about actual scumhunting.

I think your argument against him doesn’t really work for two reasons, but I want to see Roden’s response before I share the issues I see with it.
Roden's response was to self-vote, which I don't see how you take as anything but a scum claim (his top scumread [myself] comes down to drop mucho texto on top of him, and instead of fighting it he just gives up?), so I'm curious to hear this counter-argument you have.

Hi I just woke up at 1 PM in the afternoon. I'm mostly caught up.
Members of the town self vote all the time. Two townies did it in my last game. I was one of them lol

And I thought Black was his top scum read. Sure, I can share the problems I had with your argument. I wish he was defending himself though
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:03 am

Post by OutWorldER »

Members of the town do self vote all the time but usually it's when they're being voted by people who they also think are townies.

Roden has stated an SR on me ever since he replaced into this game. I start pushing him and that's his queue to give up? That makes no sense from a town perspective.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:05 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 1213, BlackStar wrote: Members of the town self vote all the time. Two townies did it in my last game. I was one of them lol
Its frustrating when you get SR by people no matter your efforts to prove that you are town, and sometimes its just "damn it i want to be out of here already"
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:06 am

Post by BlackStar »

huh?

reasoning

First of all...rude

Who are you voting

ever

The first problem I have with your case is that your argument seems to be based around the idea that he’s trying to appear like he was defending Wartortle before hard on D1. He hasn’t said anything to that effect, so everything you wrote after that is based on a flawed premise.

The second reason why it doesn’t work is that you said he suddenly flipped on Black and it was a random overreaction, but you’re ignoring the context a bit. Black voted for him and he said that Black can’t vote scum. It was obvious that he was saying that he knows he’s town and he’s frustrated that Black was voting for him, especially after her confident mislim yesterday.

But Black took the conversation in a completely different direction and started talking about all the other people she’s voted for and making the claim that Roden must be informed that they were all town. Roden asked her who she was voting for right now (him) and then Naerys jumped in and made a snarky post along the lines of “hello? Are you even paying attention to the game?”. She seemed to completely miss the point he was making and that just served to make him more frustrated. I’d get angry too after that.

His posts following that progression don’t feel like an overreaction when you take all of that into account, especially since Black kept egging him on and was also counting down how many people were on the wagon.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:13 am

Post by Black »

I don't know what world you're living in BlackStar. Roden definitely lost his cool and made it personal after I voted for him. Saying I'm not capable of voting scum is a ridiculous take considering I've voted for two of his scumreads this game

Idk what to tell you. If he's town then he can't handle his emotions and maybe this game isn't healthy for him. If he's scum then he's pulling out all the strings to try to reverse the wagon (OMGUS, AtE, self voting)
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:15 am

Post by OutWorldER »

It's not a flawed premise because Roden has zero reason to come into the day with unless he's trying to pull some "I told you so" kind of nonsense. All of the first three posts I quoted in that wall are trying to knock Black down for pushing a mislim. The implication here is obvious.
But Black took the conversation in a completely different direction and started talking about all the other people she’s voted for and making the claim that Roden must be informed that they were all town. Roden asked her who she was voting for right now (him) and then Naerys jumped in and made a snarky post along the lines of “hello? Are you even paying attention to the game?”. She seemed to completely miss the point he was making and that just served to make him more frustrated. I’d get angry too after that.
Okay, but Roden's last few posts in that argument do not, at all, follow with this narrative you're putting out. Look at , , . Roden is outright calling Black scum here, a progression that does not make any sense at all. You're trying to say that Roden's trying to vote off a person he thinks is town out of anger (if I'm understanding you're arguement correctly, and I may be stupid so it's possible I'm not), but that does not at all follow with those posts.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:16 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1150, usesPython wrote:
In post 1148, Naerys wrote:
In post 1144, usesPython wrote:
In post 1142, Naerys wrote: OutWorldER comes out from this much worse than THS tbh
I don't get how you can get a read from anything other than the last votecount and I don't see why scum can't be off wagon there
All 3 scum outside of the wagon? Possible, but i dont believe that
I'm not talking about having all 3 scum off wagon here, I'm saying your wagonomics implies no scum were off wagon
wagonomics is garbage.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:19 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I've caught up. I think there's scum in the quiet contingent.

I don't really like how smiley and blackstar are like positioning themselves as voices of reason without really needing to take much risk and are letting the louder members of the town eat each other. I don't know if everyone yelling is town but I think the majority of them are.

Also I've done the exact thing roden is doing with the self vote lim my target tomorrow as both town and scum so I'm treating it as completely NAI.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:19 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think my preferred lim is blackstar followed by maybe smiley? I remember having a reason to town read smiley earlier but I don't really remember what it was.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:20 am

Post by Black »

I would be ok with a BlackStar vote but I would much rather fade Roden
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:21 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 1218, OutWorldER wrote: It's not a flawed premise because Roden has zero reason to come into the day with unless he's trying to pull some "I told you so" kind of nonsense. All of the first three posts I quoted in that wall are trying to knock Black down for pushing a mislim. The implication here is obvious.
Okay, but Roden's last few posts in that argument do not, at all, follow with this narrative you're putting out. Look at , , . Roden is outright calling Black scum here, a progression that does not make any sense at all. You're trying to say that Roden's trying to vote off a person he thinks is town out of anger (if I'm understanding you're arguement correctly, and I may be stupid so it's possible I'm not), but that does not at all follow with those posts.
If he didn’t say that he defended Wartortle hard, it seems weird to me to say that he might have planned t do it in the future. He’s had all this time to say that and still hasn’t, so it seems like you’re pushing a hypothetical instead of basing your read on his actual actions.

I don’t know if he think Black is town or not. My point was that multiple people either unintentionally or intentionally seemed like o misunderstand what he was saying and it’s understandable that someone would be upset about that
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1222, Black wrote: I would be ok with a BlackStar vote but I would much rather fade Roden
is that your brain talking or your annoyance at them?

Not to put too fine a point on it but WHY do you want roden limmed?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”