she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 972, davesaz wrote:
In post 967, Naerys wrote:
In post 965, davesaz wrote: I don't see Naerys being towny prior to the wagon on her, and her reaction to the wagon is very different to her reaction from previous games where she was town.
I personally dont agree with this.I get easily frustrated and then i either start yelling or do something stupid.
If you're saying you just haven't snapped yet in this one, that could be a point.

If the lack of being proactive at questioning and pushing to determine alignments is why you're limbaity, then try to fix that. Like someone said a day or two ago if you don't want to be limmed then find someone else who should be.
I will, thanks.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Jingle »

Prodding KawaiiKame.
This is a Parachute.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:31 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 956, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
In post 922, Black wrote:
In post 919, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
well you snipped out the context for both reads so of course they look weird when juxtaposed. If you read the context, the read change isn't even weird IMO.
The only thing I snipped out in the first quote was that kyouko looked at Naerys's ISO and scumread her, which makes it even worse. I snipped out the reasoning in the second quote because it wasn't relevant to my point. The reasons felt like an over justification for the read change. I'm not buying it
You snipped this out:
In post 849, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: Naerys feels like she has a decent chance to be scum here,
probably higher than Celebloki from an outside POV
Maybe I'm a dummy (okay, I am a dummy but that's unrelated), but i thought this meant that Kyoko was like "I can see the scumread" rather than "oh yeah Naerys is a big scumread of mine"

Kyoko, am I getting it right?
That's the gist of it, yes. When I read Naerys' ISO on my phone yesterday it didn't look too good, but that was at a glance. I did not understand Hu Tao vs. Naerys AT ALL, it took me a literal hour to break down all the context behind that and actually understand the exchange, and for reference I probably looked at Naerys in ISO for 3-5 minutes before saying she has a decent chance to be scum. At that time I did scumread Naerys lightly based on the ISO and could see that anyone else reading the ISO could probably also see a case for scum!Naerys, because it seemed apparent, albeit weak, to me, at a glance.

The point of me saying higher than Celebloki is that I do think Celebloki actually scumslipped, and I understand that most if not everyone else in the game does not agree with me on that, so from outside my own POV, Naerys was more likely than Celebloki to be scum. I feel certain that Celebloki is scum, but without further evidence I know he won't die toDay. If he's town my hope is that one of us is dead or he is mechanically cleared before ELO.
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 905, Black wrote: VOTE: Hu Tao

I'm down to wagon this
VOTE: Hu Tao
Works for me. I think post is scum trying to use one invalid point to dismantle a whole push.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Celebloki »

In post 969, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
Is this even a real thought?

Why is no one else allowed to have a similar thought? This is just like people flaming Kyouko for claiming miller after Dunn. I guess if when I have a chance to post my thoughts and someone got to them first I'm not allowed to post them. I get flamed for not posting, then when I have a chance to open the game to contribute I immediately get flamed. I did add my own thoughts from aspects of the games posted, I could have just said "This". I did happen to play both in 245 and Mini theme 2318.

Like I said in a previous post, there are some people in here that are being hyper-critical/nit-picky. I think there's a concerted effort to bully and push others around for scummy reasons.
Broccoli Quest 2
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Broccoli Quest 2 »

In post 979, Celebloki wrote: Why is no one else allowed to have a similar thought?
That's not it, I'm just baffled that this:

In post 968, Celebloki wrote: In 245 she was pushing a mis elim on a townie that was being hard pushed by a Scum FL.
So she's saying its normal for her to sheep a bad wagon being pushed by scum D1
could be a real thought.
Even my signature is green :)
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Celebloki »

Spoiler:
In post 867, Naerys wrote:
In post 866, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 860, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 844, Guillotina wrote: Question to everyone, is it me or there seems to be resistance to a Naerys vote even though they have contributed a lot less than other slots like Elements or myself who got more votes on, in spite our higher activity. Why is that? What's the story?
I feel like Naerys is actually a pretty popular suspect?
Yes but not many actually trying to vote her out. Seems like just saying it but not doing much
Oh fk off already
You are sitting on me with not really decent reasoning, sniping some clever remarks and doing nothing otherwise
I am pretty tired and annoyed of this “naerys must be scum”
Yeah no i am not and you are starting to piss me off
In post 868, davesaz wrote: You feel a lot different from this game where it turned out scum were leading a wagon on you.
Naerys + mod iso, day 3 is relevant
In post 871, Hu Tao wrote: I think I'm the same as town and scum. I try to approach the game the same. Probably better to ask other people.
In post 872, Hu Tao wrote: Wait that game Dave just linked that you were in.. I was town and I pushed hard on someone day 1. Sus.
In post 875, Hu Tao wrote: All naerys said is she's never seen me push on someone day 1. So just saying it's not accurate

I'm referencing this whole exchange. dave brought up 245 and Hu Tao used it to justify that she does push people as town D1. I was just saying I thought it was funny she'd used a game where she was pocketed and sheeping scum to push a mis-elim was a good example of why she's not scum here. Sure it may indicate she's not scum, but it certainly indicates she pushes bad wagons.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:44 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 962, davesaz wrote:
In post 942, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 935, davesaz wrote: I don't think Naerys is doing that as much as she did in recent games.
Doing what as much? Not clear what you're replying to
In post 931, Black wrote:
In post 929, Guillotina wrote:

Why is it that you town read Naerys for?
I like her thoughts and I feel like she's trying to figure out people's alignments
Okay, noted. So you think she is not being as solve-y as she was in a/some previous game(s).
In post 965, davesaz wrote:
In post 943, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 940, davesaz wrote: is impressively bulky. I don't think the tl/dr is supported by the body.
Also do you disagree with one or both halves of the tl;dr?
First, to be perfectly clear. I don't think the body of that post supports the tl/dr irrespective of my reads on the players. It seems very much what like one of my old professors called proof by intimidation.
------------------------

I don't see Naerys being towny prior to the wagon on her, and her reaction to the wagon is very different to her reaction from previous games where she was town.

I don't have a strong feeling on Hu Tao.
I understood that your disagreement was with the body supporting the tl;dr, that was clear from the original post. I had intended for my question to reflect that - do you think both halves of the tl;dr are unsupported by the body of the post, or just one?

It feels to me like you are being vague about this. If I'm trying to prove one point or the other, or both, through intimidation, it should be possible to identify what is unsupported and why it is unsupported.

Also the point of that post was for me to continue answering Black about Naerys and the reason it got so long is that it was so convoluted an interaction in the first place that I could not follow it without literally taking notes. It's not really meant to be a towncase on Naerys (though it ended up being one) or a scumcase on Hu Tao. The tl;dr was meant to let everyone who didn't read the whole thing know that "these are my reads now and if you want to know why you should read my big post"

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 917, Black wrote: What context am I missing here broccoli dragon?

Got this vibe from this exchange
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Broccoli Quest 2
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:54 am

In post 981, Celebloki wrote: I'm referencing this whole exchange. dave brought up 245 and Hu Tao used it to justify that she does push people as town D1. I was just saying I thought it was funny she'd used a game where she was pocketed and sheeping scum to push a mis-elim was a good example of why she's not scum here. Sure it may indicate she's not scum, but it certainly indicates she pushes bad wagons.
Oh. O H.

I just realized I read your post in the tone of a tryhard mafiascum player, when it was written in the tone I used to have when I was a teenager making bad jokes (no offense meant, because I think making bad jokes is an art).

Yeah okay nevermind about that whole thing.

Pedit: Gamma what does that mean?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 963, Guillotina wrote:
In post 961, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
In post 958, Guillotina wrote: VOTE: Celebloki

We gave them time to breath and has done little with the time we gave them.
Fair point, also Celeb said he wanted to post about something different than Nurse and then disappeared, but still I think Hu Tao is scummier.
In post 959, Guillotina wrote: I dont want Hu tao, I don't believe they are scum.
Elaborate?
I believe they are being an entitled brat which i see from town more often than not.
They're tunneling Naerys because they were inaccurate about their meta, which is also such a bad play, that I fail to see how scum would possibly think it is a good push. Scum are more aware of those kinds of pushes and just dont do them.
I feel like Hu Tao is a player that sorts emotionally as town, and I’m not really seeing that currently.
<Embrace The Void>

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:57 am

Post by Jingle »

gob replaces CSF.

As an aside, a big thank you to all of our replacements for being so on the ball on jumping in!
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 984, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
In post 981, Celebloki wrote: I'm referencing this whole exchange. dave brought up 245 and Hu Tao used it to justify that she does push people as town D1. I was just saying I thought it was funny she'd used a game where she was pocketed and sheeping scum to push a mis-elim was a good example of why she's not scum here. Sure it may indicate she's not scum, but it certainly indicates she pushes bad wagons.
Oh. O H.

I just realized I read your post in the tone of a tryhard mafiascum player, when it was written in the tone I used to have when I was a teenager making bad jokes (no offense meant, because I think making bad jokes is an art).

Yeah okay nevermind about that whole thing.

Pedit: Gamma what does that mean?
I think the “tell us” feels similar to Black’s post
It’s just a shitpost though, it’s nothing AI
<Embrace The Void>

TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:58 am

Post by TimmerRC »

Trying to catch up, the game exploded since my last chance to follow it, but I'm happy this was mentioned. They've done nothing but hide back into the shadows.

As for Hu, I would support a vote in that direction, I don't have any strong townie vibes, but I also think they are playing, working on stances on things and participating which means they aren't my first choice.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:58 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Feel like Hu Tao might have a decent number of votes but don't have time to VC it rn. Don't think they're close to elimination but they might be around E-4 or E-3

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 966, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
In post 963, Guillotina wrote: I believe they are being an entitled brat which i see from town more often than not.
They're tunneling Naerys because they were inaccurate about their meta, which is also such a bad play, that I fail to see how scum would possibly think it is a good push. Scum are more aware of those kinds of pushes and just dont do them.
I think Hu Tao is specifically an entitled brat as scum. Here is a scum game of hers where she bullies me for not having her as my top townread:
link 1 - context
link 2 - entitlement
Yeag I had felt a similarity there, glad I’m not alone
<Embrace The Void>

Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:00 am

Post by Naerys »

Greetings, gob.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:02 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 968, Celebloki wrote: I'm not really interested in applying more pressure to Naerys, I don't see anything different from her play here than it was in 245 or the game BQ2 linked (both of which I was in). Naerys similarly got tunneled in both those games and she complained about being lim bait, so if anything this is normal towny behavior for her.

I think Hu Tao bringing up 245 is funny as an example of a game where she pushed someone hard D1. In 245 she was pushing a mis elim on a townie that was being hard pushed by a Scum FL. So she's saying its normal for her to sheep a bad wagon being pushed by scum D1. Interestingly in this game she is pushing Naerys on her own accord it seems, so it is slightly different than 245. Maybe she's scum pushing her own mis-elim. I am interested in applying pressure to Hu Tao in this case.

VOTE: Hu Tao
I have somehow skimmed the Naerys thing without digesting any of it, I feel like I read the initial sus thoughts towards them, went "meh" and it never settled into my brain, so I will run an ISO on hem later.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:02 am

Post by Celebloki »

In post 988, TimmerRC wrote:

Trying to catch up, the game exploded since my last chance to follow it, but I'm happy this was mentioned. They've done nothing but hide back into the shadows.

As for Hu, I would support a vote in that direction, I don't have any strong townie vibes, but I also think they are playing, working on stances on things and participating which means they aren't my first choice.

Looking at the activity overview, you don't have many more posts than me. Pot calling the kettle black I guess.
Broccoli Quest 2
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:02 am

@Kyoko, I have been keeping track and Hu Tao is at 5 votes. I am still waiting for Naerys to join btw.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:04 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 982, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: It feels to me like you are being vague about this.
I tried to get an actual conclusion from the body and didn't get anything.
It's a bunch of facts (which I haven't verified) but I don't see you saying what you think it means.
I'm a very logic oriented person so a point/analysis structure would make more sense.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:04 am

Post by Jingle »

Will update OP and VCs tonight. Also planning on stealing RN's pronoun tracker for the OP.
This is a Parachute.
Broccoli Quest 2
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:06 am

In post 987, Gamma Emerald wrote: I think the “tell us” feels similar to Black’s post
gotcha
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:07 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 993, Celebloki wrote:
Looking at the activity overview, you don't have many more posts than me. Pot calling the kettle black I guess.
How long have you played mafia?
Broccoli Quest 2
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:08 am

In post 994, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote: @Kyoko, I have been keeping track and Hu Tao is at 5 votes. I am still waiting for Naerys to join btw.
Nope I messed up by not counting Gamma's vote

She's at 6.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”