Mini 2321: Classic Commercials (Postgame)

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:08 pm

Post by Thomith »

In post 1496, Celebloki wrote: I was saying I'm curious what her motivation was/is for defending my claim and result so much. There was a lot of discussion around how that isn't a valid result according to wiki articles for Neap or Roleblocker, but apparently is for JK for what Dunn was saying. One rationale I had for why Hu was so believing was maybe she was the JK that had targeted me, so she understood my result. Because of this I was more unsure if she was the lim for today in case she was town JK, but after Wiz's claim I am less worried about that. Hu Tao also seemed to implicitly confirm that she is vanilla based on Wiz's claim, she at least didn't attempt to dispute it.

What I was saying in 1431 is that now I can come around on a lim of her for today knowing she is vanilla at least.

I'm not sure I believe she slipped, but maybe her defending of me could be construed as TMI if a buddy of hers roleblocked me and she knew about it. It still begs the question of why she was so willing to believe me off the bat when no one else was.
If I remember correctly, both me and Naerys also said we believed the claim?
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:26 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1499, Celebloki wrote:
In post 1497, Bingle wrote: So basically you don’t actually think she had more information, but we’re hesitant to eliminate her in case she did have extra information?

Do you think you were a likely target for a town jk? Why?

I'm not sure. Before Dunn mentioned JK, I was more sure I was roleblocked by scum. When I repped in and was making my initial posts, I was fighting with whether I should crumb or not, when I made my second post I was worried I was a little too obvious. My initial assumption was that a scum roleblocker saw my crumb and went for me based on that. I assume a town JK seeing my crumb would obviously choose not to go for me. I suppose my reluctance to go for her if I felt she was a town JK may have been misguided, it was born out of a desire not to out or lim another town PR.

I'm trying to think now what the motivation for either a scum JK/RB or town JK would be for openly defending my claim. Scum motivation here is obviously to try and earn town points when I flip town, but the risk is being accused of having TMI. I almost assume a town JK would want to stay hidden and not out themselves by defending their target thinking about it now...
What is it you’re claiming?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:28 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Loki - pr?
Wiz - pr?
Hu - pr?

I havent started reading up yet but are we massclaiming d2 or what?
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:32 pm

Post by Thomith »

In post 1502, RCEnigma wrote: Loki - pr?
Wiz - pr?
Hu - pr?

I havent started reading up yet but are we massclaiming d2 or what?
Only PR claims that have happened so far are:
AWiz: Role Cop (Vanilla Result on Hu Tao N1)
Celebloki: Neapolitan (No Result N1)

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:44 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Huh?

….huh?

A double huh.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:44 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

VOTE: Hu Tao
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:46 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1456, Bingle wrote:
In post 1398, Flavor Leaf wrote: Bingle comes in every time I’m doubting.
Bingle comes in every time he's available on site. It's not like it's hard to verify that my surges of activity are sitewide things, I use all of two accounts and they're both public. I'm gonna get really fucking annoyed if this becomes a thing in every game I play.

I was literally just eliminated as town off of a shitpush based on "Well, Bingle is only here sometimes" despite the fact that I was clearly one of the most town players in that game off of the back of this same logic. I have a job that doesn't let me post all day. I travel at least once every two weeks. I woke up at three AM on Friday, worked a full 12 hour shift, and due to flight cancellations (3752 Friday night American Airlines if you want to do the legwork to verify it) shitty travel agencies, and a car rental I didn't get home until 5 AM Saturday, sans bags.

If you're going to paranoia read me, at least call a spade a spade.

It ain’t a spade, i also don’t care about general activity tells like that. Time don’t exist in the arena in that sense
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:47 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Naerys is also obv town
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:58 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Celeb, Wiz, Roden are decently solid for me right now. Yeah, Celeb could be lying, i can live with letting them go another day, parts of me gut read them town right now.

Bingle vs Hu Tao/Thomith didn’t sit well with me, and Bingle just made logical sense with most of what they are saying, and the fact I agreed with them when they weren’t speaking towards me is actually a decent sign.

I was also able to take a few steps back here, and I was able to see my Hu Tao case again, and really do feel like they are probably scum here.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:25 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 880, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 879, Bingle wrote: How do you feel about it being basically a dichotomy (trichotomy?) set up by someone you’re apparently scumreading?
Unsure, honestly—I’m not sure what RCEnigma thinks is super useful about it currently, because there are plenty more of those types of chains and 2v1s around the game wherever you look. They’re way more useful for determining associations after flips and massclaims, but this early it’s not really going to do anything, I think. Feels… fluffy, maybe?
It wasn’t even like an associate kind of read. Scum on wagon is likely in those three slots. And if I’m wrong on all three then I’m wrong on FL. I’m less inclined to explore that than just having a scum in that rule of three pool.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:30 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 921, Hu Tao wrote: I think I'm town reading Roden
+1

Also liked hu Tao before this post for the Dunn vote.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:35 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I’m in the late 30s pages but fos on slots like, cakes, naerys, roden until his fl/bingle read got expanded. For pushing on the low activity low hanging lim targets while FL and Bingle argue over bigger fish.

Hu Tao is kinda just chugging along at their own pace with their own agenda.

Only played scum with Hu tao once but they were more of a go with the flow player and just supported whatever the plan was. They were a rep in there but doesn’t really change my player view.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:37 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 927, Celebloki wrote: I think there's a triangle between you, wiz, and Kyouko. We now know what Kyouko is and I am town reading Wiz. You were generally sheeping Kyouko's push on Wiz and have been at odds with Wiz. Kyouko seemed to have lost her scum read on him and turned around to town read him when she was being pushed. I could see a world where scum!you might consider NKing Kyouko to make wiz look bad.

In short, in the 3 of you I feel like there has to be scum and it's most likely you.
Not sure this tracks when there are just better ways to go about limming wiz besides killing kyouko. But I like the triangle.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:40 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 957, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 952, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 949, Flavor Leaf wrote: Not like she wasn’t obv town though right
Sure, but anybody would have wanted to kill her then.
Yeah, i think Kyouko just died because scum were content with gamestate, so they killed a obv townie.

I also think it means scum are for sure off the wagon too.
I’m not following.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:34 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 1462, Thomith wrote: I unvoted Dunn because people were stating they were worried about the day moving too fast.
I voted Celeb because of the random posts being made that didn't add anything to the discussion.
I unvoted after the Neap claim.
I voted SirCakez as the first person being suggested for a vote that I was okay with (I didn't want to vote the claimed Neap, or Hu Tao due to being a town read.)

Which of these changes make me look fishy in your eyes?
I am going through a paranoid stage where i am doubting basically everything that happened. What i am finding strange is that you voted for SirCakez even though you had me marked as scum. Could you explain this to me, please?
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:47 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1514, Naerys wrote:
In post 1462, Thomith wrote: I unvoted Dunn because people were stating they were worried about the day moving too fast.
I voted Celeb because of the random posts being made that didn't add anything to the discussion.
I unvoted after the Neap claim.
I voted SirCakez as the first person being suggested for a vote that I was okay with (I didn't want to vote the claimed Neap, or Hu Tao due to being a town read.)

Which of these changes make me look fishy in your eyes?
I am going through a paranoid stage where i am doubting basically everything that happened. What i am finding strange is that you voted for SirCakez even though you had me marked as scum. Could you explain this to me, please?
I get that, I feel like I'm at a similar point.

Firstly, at that point in time it didn't seem like you were an option/people weren't considering you enough for a vote to do anything. Of the options that seemed to be available at the time, SirCakez seemed to be the beat option at that point in time to me, because of the Celeb claim, and I didn't want to wagon Awiz. The fact that FL/Roden, who I also felt good about were on that wagon also aided that choice.

Secondly, while I still felt you were different to the last micro we played, you claimed to be a lot better at Day 2 than Day 1, and at that point I was still giving you the benefit of the doubt as it was early in Day 2 for you to be able to prove if this was true or not.

Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:33 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1500, Thomith wrote:
In post 1496, Celebloki wrote: I was saying I'm curious what her motivation was/is for defending my claim and result so much. There was a lot of discussion around how that isn't a valid result according to wiki articles for Neap or Roleblocker, but apparently is for JK for what Dunn was saying. One rationale I had for why Hu was so believing was maybe she was the JK that had targeted me, so she understood my result. Because of this I was more unsure if she was the lim for today in case she was town JK, but after Wiz's claim I am less worried about that. Hu Tao also seemed to implicitly confirm that she is vanilla based on Wiz's claim, she at least didn't attempt to dispute it.

What I was saying in 1431 is that now I can come around on a lim of her for today knowing she is vanilla at least.

I'm not sure I believe she slipped, but maybe her defending of me could be construed as TMI if a buddy of hers roleblocked me and she knew about it. It still begs the question of why she was so willing to believe me off the bat when no one else was.
If I remember correctly, both me and Naerys also said we believed the claim?
Exactly this makes 0 sense
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:34 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Celeb starts acting weird once I push on bingle?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:23 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1488, Hu Tao wrote: Unfortunately, Bingle. You've committed the unforgivable crime of trying to eliminate me when I'm town. Punishment is eliminating you.
In post 1489, Hu Tao wrote: And others have gotten townier than you like Dunn
Hu Tao is so scummy and continues to show it
I don't believe this is a legit town thought process at all
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Why not?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I don't think you actually think Bingle is scummy because he's trying to eliminate you
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:42 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

That was indeed the joke
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:42 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

He's scum because others are towner now
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:42 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1500, Thomith wrote: If I remember correctly, both me and Naerys also said we believed the claim?
I think I was also telegraphing belief in the claim at that point, but I'm kind of leaning celeb town based on the reaction. I think celeb scum jumps onto the scumslip reason to bus Hu Tao, and I think celeb scum definitely jumps onto the scumslip reason to vote Hu Tao Town. This means less if Hu Tao has a tentpole role, but I can burn that bridge when I reach it.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

The mental gymnastics needed to vote me here is impressive