Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:46 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 148, Alianna wrote:
In post 147, Alianna wrote:
In post 131, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 129, Alianna wrote:
In post 127, FuDuzn wrote:I hope Alianna comes back soon though, I want to talk to her, not a fan tbh.
I just opened this thread, not caught up yet but what did you want to talk about?
What do you make of Hu and Gamma seemingly following me blindly?
Hu's read on you kind of reminds me of their townread on KittyTacky in the last game we played, in that the strength of the townread seems disproportionate to the strength of the reasons they've given for it. They definitely did it to a greater extent in the other game, but I'm still going to call it +town.
I should probably check if they also do that as scum, but I don't feel like metadiving right now.
I can see Gamma's explanation in .
In post 131, FuDuzn wrote:I also get a vibe from your posts that you are trying to seem genuine, yet somehow seem fake.

I just want more from you to get a better feel for you(again, focusing on those who seem more like veterans of this site lol).

It is weird feeling like the elder statesman here though.
I definitely would not consider myself a veteran XD.
suppose I should probably link the game
I took a decade off and still almost have as many posts as you, so maybe you are just a n00b as well(jk, again.....I am learning how to walk again as well lol)

But maybe this is just what Hu does, I guess I am just too paranoid about being locked as town so early
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:48 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

Also, I swear I remember the name Boonskies, their join date was right before I kinda site flaked
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 152, FuDuzn wrote: Also, I swear I remember the name Boonskies, their join date was right before I kinda site flaked
he plays on the account Flavor Leaf now, boon is exclusively his modding account
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:53 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 143, FuDuzn wrote: Looking through everyone else now, I kinda feel like I recognize Delta, did we ever play back in the day?

And I forgot they were even in this game, two whole posts not really adding anything. Hopefully they get this notification and post more
That's a possibility. I don't remember a lot of the early games I played so I can't say.

Today was very busy at work. Tomorrow will also likely be pretty busy so it may be until Friday night for me to catch up on everything. I have some town reads and some scum reads but I want to catch up on everything before I share.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:57 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 145, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 71, lucca261 wrote: fuck, missed on RVS

I'll just pretend nothing of note happened and VOTE: Upwards
In post 76, lucca261 wrote:
In post 74, Gypyx wrote:

How about you don't pretend it's still RVS and come play the game with us my friend
pretending it's still RVS is more fun though and even the mod's using an avatar that takes me back to 2017 (I think) shitposting
In post 78, lucca261 wrote: to be fair, I read the game again and jumped at nothing

at most I think FD looks towny enough
Whole lotta null here, if anything would like to hear why I am 'towny enough'
I'm still not caught up yet and I'm fairly burnt out from work today but if I'm reading that last post by lucca correctly I don't think it's null. I don't really like going from "here's my RVS vote!" to "ohhh to be fair I was too hasty now that I read the game." It's an RVS vote, it doesn't have to make sense. Why backpedal on it so quickly.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:13 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 155, DeltaWave wrote:

In post 74, Gypyx wrote:

How about you don't pretend it's still RVS and come play the game with us my friend
pretending it's still RVS is more fun though and even the mod's using an avatar that takes me back to 2017 (I think) shitposting
In post 78, lucca261 wrote: to be fair, I read the game again and jumped at nothing

I'm still not caught up yet and I'm fairly burnt out from work today but if I'm reading that last post by lucca correctly I don't think it's null. I don't really like going from "here's my RVS vote!" to "ohhh to be fair I was too hasty now that I read the game." It's an RVS vote, it doesn't have to make sense. Why backpedal on it so quickly.
I kinda of read it as as nothing about the game jumped out to them, except that I am town for 'reasons'.

I will say though, them saying that they basically have no reads, then making a read(a read of which was already becoming a consensus at that point), is pretty suss as I read it again
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:22 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 142, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 140, Alianna wrote:
In post 89, Gypyx wrote:
In post 79, MargotRosa wrote: I'm opening up the old sublime text Mafia notes templates again. What a time to be alive.

Only vibe leans atm are Gypyx as town and Claptastik as Scum, but they are purely on vibes based on early d1 behaviour, and tells are almost always useless, esp. as you two seem to have been playing for ages.
In post 42, Alianna wrote:
In post 38, Gypyx wrote:
In post 33, Zebedee wrote: Feck... I'm a baby here....

Please be gentle. So if I think so someone's spouting crap I should say so?
I'd strongly advise you to check out the guides about townplay that we have on the mafiascum wiki, they're way more insightful than what anyone here could reasonably say

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... y_Articles
And why specifically the townplay guides? This looks TMI-ish.
Though does suggest you're aware of the info difference between town and scum, so it'd be kind of weird if you did actually TMI-slip and then
that
was your next post. Hmmmmmmmm, you can be a townlean for now (probably will have to check my logic tomorrow because it's getting pretty late and my brain is fried). I'm still interested in the answer to that question though.

Like, this gives town vibes just because it's the kind of non-committal, but still roughly reasoned out thinking I'd expect, whereas , and feel a bit more accusatory? Just feels off for the first 24 hours of the first day.

E: tag fix
aaaah yes, agressive = scum and nice = town

clap certainely feels like town motivated agression here, can't tell if Margot has got her radar calibrated on the complete opposite of mine or if she's just scum afraid of a proactive townie

and while this got me thinking about it, i gotta say the Alianna post in question looks pretty bad to me? Like, it's *extremely* reasonable, and non-antagonizing immediatly afterwards, almost like the main worry is making sure i don't get angry about it
Not TRing Margot, but I like that you brought up the radar thing because that's something I've noticed myself doing as town (as in, committing the fallacy that Margot is committing) and have been trying to "un-calibrate" myself from, and I've also been wrongly scumread by people who I now realize were calibrated the other way.
I wasn't worried about that at all, so I'm having trouble seeing where you're getting that from. I doubled back on the ping I got from because I realized it was most likely wrong. It would probably be easier to respond to this if you elaborated on what in the post gave you that impression.
I get where Gyp is coming from, I put it a different way but it does seem like you are trying to be too 'agreeable'.

Kind of the opposite how I town read Clap because I don't think they would be too aggressive, like scum would be more careful early game......I feel like you are so worried about the optics of what you are doing more than the content itself.
I've received quite a few accusations like that, but only when I'm town (iirc anyway).
I get weird vibes off this but idk if there's anything to it.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:22 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

It sounds to me like lucca got some backlash from gypyx for what was legitimately an odd post #71 and then immediately backpedaled it. If it's really an RVS vote then who cares. That's what the R means. Then lucca pegged you as town in #78. You get more friends by calling people town, especially early on. If you put this sequence of events together, the problem is evident.

FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:25 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 157, Alianna wrote:
In post 142, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 140, Alianna wrote:
In post 89, Gypyx wrote:
In post 79, MargotRosa wrote: I'm opening up the old sublime text Mafia notes templates again. What a time to be alive.

Only vibe leans atm are Gypyx as town and Claptastik as Scum, but they are purely on vibes based on early d1 behaviour, and tells are almost always useless, esp. as you two seem to have been playing for ages.
In post 42, Alianna wrote:
In post 38, Gypyx wrote:
In post 33, Zebedee wrote: Feck... I'm a baby here....

Please be gentle. So if I think so someone's spouting crap I should say so?
I'd strongly advise you to check out the guides about townplay that we have on the mafiascum wiki, they're way more insightful than what anyone here could reasonably say

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... y_Articles
And why specifically the townplay guides? This looks TMI-ish.
Though does suggest you're aware of the info difference between town and scum, so it'd be kind of weird if you did actually TMI-slip and then
that
was your next post. Hmmmmmmmm, you can be a townlean for now (probably will have to check my logic tomorrow because it's getting pretty late and my brain is fried). I'm still interested in the answer to that question though.

Like, this gives town vibes just because it's the kind of non-committal, but still roughly reasoned out thinking I'd expect, whereas , and feel a bit more accusatory? Just feels off for the first 24 hours of the first day.

E: tag fix
aaaah yes, agressive = scum and nice = town

clap certainely feels like town motivated agression here, can't tell if Margot has got her radar calibrated on the complete opposite of mine or if she's just scum afraid of a proactive townie

and while this got me thinking about it, i gotta say the Alianna post in question looks pretty bad to me? Like, it's *extremely* reasonable, and non-antagonizing immediatly afterwards, almost like the main worry is making sure i don't get angry about it
Not TRing Margot, but I like that you brought up the radar thing because that's something I've noticed myself doing as town (as in, committing the fallacy that Margot is committing) and have been trying to "un-calibrate" myself from, and I've also been wrongly scumread by people who I now realize were calibrated the other way.
I wasn't worried about that at all, so I'm having trouble seeing where you're getting that from. I doubled back on the ping I got from because I realized it was most likely wrong. It would probably be easier to respond to this if you elaborated on what in the post gave you that impression.
I get where Gyp is coming from, I put it a different way but it does seem like you are trying to be too 'agreeable'.

Kind of the opposite how I town read Clap because I don't think they would be too aggressive, like scum would be more careful early game......I feel like you are so worried about the optics of what you are doing more than the content itself.
I've received quite a few accusations like that, but only when I'm town (iirc anyway).
I get weird vibes off this but idk if there's anything to it.
Weird in what way?
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:26 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 158, DeltaWave wrote: It sounds to me like lucca got some backlash from gypyx for what was legitimately an odd post #71 and then immediately backpedaled it. If it's really an RVS vote then who cares. That's what the R means. Then lucca pegged you as town in #78. You get more friends by calling people town, especially early on. If you put this sequence of events together, the problem is evident.
So if I am picking up what you are putting down, you think Lucca is scum?
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:28 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 151, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 148, Alianna wrote:
In post 147, Alianna wrote:
In post 131, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 129, Alianna wrote:
In post 127, FuDuzn wrote:I hope Alianna comes back soon though, I want to talk to her, not a fan tbh.
I just opened this thread, not caught up yet but what did you want to talk about?
What do you make of Hu and Gamma seemingly following me blindly?
Hu's read on you kind of reminds me of their townread on KittyTacky in the last game we played, in that the strength of the townread seems disproportionate to the strength of the reasons they've given for it. They definitely did it to a greater extent in the other game, but I'm still going to call it +town.
I should probably check if they also do that as scum, but I don't feel like metadiving right now.
I can see Gamma's explanation in .
In post 131, FuDuzn wrote:I also get a vibe from your posts that you are trying to seem genuine, yet somehow seem fake.

I just want more from you to get a better feel for you(again, focusing on those who seem more like veterans of this site lol).

It is weird feeling like the elder statesman here though.
I definitely would not consider myself a veteran XD.
suppose I should probably link the game
I took a decade off and still almost have as many posts as you, so maybe you are just a n00b as well(jk, again.....I am learning how to walk again as well lol)

But maybe this is just what Hu does,
I guess I am just too paranoid about being locked as town so early
This sentence has town vibes though.

Logging off for now, may or may not be back.

P-edit: Idk, it's just a vibe, I'd have to think about why.
I townread Alianna.

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:28 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

That's part of the reason why I don't like it when people try to form early town blocks. Psychologically, if you're town and someone else calls you town, you are more likely to also see that person as town. They aren't being threatening toward you and you often assume that they must be town as well, otherwise they'd be trying to ME you. But scum do have plenty of reasons to buddy up and in fact, it's a key tactic in the day. That's not to say that everyone who does this is scum, but it's a concern when buddying is the only thing someone really *has* done.

Anyway I'll be hitting this thread up again tomorrow, when it's not almost midnight and I'm fried

Edit: You replied after I wrote this post but before I hit submit. Lucca's most likely going to be in my scum pool but there's many pages for me to catch up on.

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:47 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Votecount 1.03

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2024-01-14 01:13:22).

Votecount
MargotRosa (5):
Claptastik, Gypyx, Gamma Emerald, Laplacian, FuDuzn
Upwards (2):
lucca261, Hu Tao
Gamma Emerald (1):
Alianna
Alianna (1):
Naerys

Not Voting (4):
Upwards, Zebedee, DeltaWave, MargotRosa

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to send someone on the fast route to the afterlife.

flavor
Dragon Fact #4:
While often depicted as cruel and beastly monsters, dragons are actually highly intelligent, and have a better grasp on science than most humans. In fact, dragons invented modern computers!
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:45 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 120, Laplacian wrote: Also, my posting'll be a little light for next couple days. At the country dance world championships atm. Will have more time after my wife competes.

So plz dont turbo me until then kthx
(Unless it's really funny)
Have fun!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:46 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 121, Upwards wrote:
In post 107, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 105, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 101, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 91, Upwards wrote: Day 1 Vet Bait here, TP/LO on me. Oh wait, wrong game.

Alrighty, so here we are, my first ever comment in my first ever Mafia game. Super excited to try this out, hope I find the time to properly contribute.

I found this site by reading about a funny jester role in a Mafia game with 100 players, and then I kinda got hooked and read the whole thing. It was interesting. My main takeaway was that the dude with the Majoras Mask Profil picture was right, town needs to rule with an iron fist. Less chitty chatty, more substance.

That said, seeing as I’m new to this I obviously don’t intend to tell others how to play. Not like I’d be familiar with the normal meta here already. In Town of Salem which is my main experience with this sort of genre so far it would be customary to start by going down the playerlist asking for roles, but from what I understand that’s not how it works here?

So I guess I will just start talking about things I find notable reading the previous conversations. Please let me know if you think anything about the points I am making or if I am mistaken in some way.

GL,HF
VOTE: upward

This seems a bit forced for me.
Why is it scum instead of just newb?
Could be. But I feel new people are not as likely to have a scripted opening like that.
Wow, I absolutely love it. Like, unironically it made me laugh. Very first post on this site and I get to hear my opening is scripted. Fun Fact: It’s not. It’s just the story of how I came here in the first place, cuz with what else to start? "Hi" was already taken you know. But you’re right, I obviously had some idea of what I wanted to put in there.

Also am I misunderstanding something or are you saying I am not new? I literally had no account just a couple days ago…

Anyways, with this Hu Tao officially comes into my Slightly Town leaning order. I think Mafia would feel silly making such an argument and from what I’ve seen so far she’s on track to become a guiding light. I like Posts 96,97, and 113 simply because it mirrors what I’ve seen from trusted townies in the game I’ve read. This seems to be the way to go. Alternatively she’s a pretty good Scum player.
LMAO you're funny. I think you can be town for now actually.

UNVOTE:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:51 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I'm having more town reads than scumreads at this point
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Um yeah that’s normal, there’s more town than scum, at least there should be in a well-balanced game :lol:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:54 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 163, DragonEater70 wrote:
Votecount 1.03

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2024-01-14 01:13:22).

Votecount
MargotRosa (4):
Gypyx, Gamma Emerald, Laplacian, FuDuzn
Upwards (2):
lucca261, Hu Tao
Gamma Emerald (1):
Alianna
Alianna (1):
Naerys
Margot (1):
Claptastik

Not Voting (4):
Upwards, Zebedee, DeltaWave, MargotRosa

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to send someone on the fast route to the afterlife.

flavor
Dragon Fact #4:
While often depicted as cruel and beastly monsters, dragons are actually highly intelligent, and have a better grasp on science than most humans. In fact, dragons invented modern computers!
Uhh, what is going on with Clap's vote haha
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:58 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 167, Gamma Emerald wrote: Um yeah that’s normal, there’s more town than scum, at least there should be in a well-balanced game :lol:
I usually find scummy things rather than town reads when I play for some reason.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:59 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

If Margot gets to e-1 I will quick hammer
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:07 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 168, FuDuzn wrote: Uhh, what is going on with Clap's vote haha
In post 163, DragonEater70 wrote:
MargotRosa (5):
Claptastik, Gypyx, Gamma Emerald, Laplacian, FuDuzn
No idea what you're talking about :shifty:

I blame bianco for not writing the full username in the VC he made.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:19 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 170, Hu Tao wrote: If Margot gets to e-1 I will quick hammer
I now feel very tempted to put her at E-1 and see if this is true. :lol:
I townread Alianna.

lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:25 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 74, Gypyx wrote:

I kinda feel like you're doing exactly what a player with almost a 10-year break who has rolled town would do

Given you have referred to yourself as a newbie, I think a scum!FD would be a little more under the radar on the start of the game

kinda psychological stuff and I don't even know if I agree anymore
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:31 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 158, DeltaWave wrote: It sounds to me like lucca got some backlash from gypyx for what was legitimately an odd post #71 and then immediately backpedaled it. If it's really an RVS vote then who cares. That's what the R means. Then lucca pegged you as town in #78. You get more friends by calling people town, especially early on. If you put this sequence of events together, the problem is evident.
ehh I wasn't really concerned by the reaction to my RVS vote, even if gypyx thought it was weird

but looking at this from your perspective:
you got backlash (from FD on ) from posting nothing today, came back and posted only about a guy who was inactive and not likely to defend himself?

seems like you are more concerned than me to make friends and not provoke anyone (which I truly believe is NAI, people hate being scumread, just ironic)

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”