She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:52 am

Post by Gypyx »

OH GOD NOOOO I DID TOOO

UPWARDS THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

kek
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:13 am

Post by Hu Tao »

:lol:
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:22 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1.04

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2024-01-14 01:13:22).

Votecount
MargotRosa (4):
Claptastik, Gypyx, Gamma Emerald, Laplacian
Upwards (1):
lucca261
Gamma Emerald (1):
Alianna
Alianna (1):
Naerys
lucca261 (1):
FuDuzn

Not Voting (5):
Upwards, Zebedee, DeltaWave, MargotRosa, Hu Tao

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to send someone on the fast route to the afterlife.

flavor
Dragon Fact #5:
Dragons have for centuries been depicted as a symbol of greed for their supposed compulsion to amass large amounts of gold. This tale of common wisdom may not be further from the truth: they actually prefer silver.
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:27 am

Post by Upwards »

In post 199, Gypyx wrote:
In post 195, Upwards wrote:
In post 185, Gypyx wrote: Anyways here's a recap about what i think of everyone, not sure that's too useful but whatever

Spoiler: ooo

Upwards

Classic newbie slot, i feel like they're still quite likely to be scum? Obviously their reasoning is always gonna be somewhat rough, but there's an air of it being fabricated? Him stating his entry paragraph was motivated by worrying of being unoriginal makes me think it leans scum for instance

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn’t really worrying, it was more me being excited to finally start. Hypothetically speaking, which upside would I have as Scum to open like this? To put anything out there right away that people might feel strange about? None that would come to my mind at least.
While i get the excitement, i feel that as town you would be less focused on if what you wished to say would come out good as since you're town, it should naturally be towny

Yes! Exactly my thinking, it shouldn’t come across this suspicious to you and yet I’ve been told otherwise which strikes me as strange. Will try to make my mind up about this situation when I have more time later today, as well as hopefully getting to write something about most players in this.

E: added missing [/
quote]
Last edited by biancospino on Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:33 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 185, Gypyx wrote:
Gamma Emerald

Somewhat of a gut read but i've been really thinking it is town, i guess depending on how that towblock stuff goes i'll reevaluate or lock it as town?
Can you expand on this or is it pure gut? I looked at D1 in some past town games of hers and this game feels different.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:35 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 204, Upwards wrote:
In post 185, Gypyx wrote: Anyways here's a recap about what i think of everyone, not sure that's too useful but whatever

Upwards

Classic newbie slot, i feel like they're still quite likely to be scum? Obviously their reasoning is always gonna be somewhat rough, but there's an air of it being fabricated? Him stating his entry paragraph was motivated by worrying of being unoriginal makes me think it leans scum for instance

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn’t really worrying, it was more me being excited to finally start. Hypothetically speaking, which upside would I have as Scum to open like this? To put anything out there right away that people might feel strange about? None that would come to my mind at least.
While i get the excitement, i feel that as town you would be less focused on if what you wished to say would come out good as since you're town, it should naturally be towny

Yes! Exactly my thinking, it shouldn’t come across this suspicious to you and yet I’ve been told otherwise which strikes me as strange. Will try to make my mind up about this situation when I have more time later today, as well as hopefully getting to write something about most players in this.
i honestly don't really care about what more you can give as an explaination at this point tbh, just focus on other stuff

E: fixed formatting. For reference, the original post was thusly:
Spoiler:
original post wrote:
In post 204, Upwards wrote:

Upwards

i honestly don't really care about what more you can give as an explaination at this point tbh, just focus on other stuff
Last edited by biancospino on Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:36 am

Post by Gypyx »

by zeus this can't be happening

bottom text
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:36 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Hm

I'll try to fix these posts in a moment
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:37 am

Post by Gypyx »

No keep them as is it's funny

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:43 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 205, Claptastik wrote:
Gamma Emerald

Somewhat of a gut read but i've been really thinking it is town, i guess depending on how that towblock stuff goes i'll reevaluate or lock it as town?
Can you expand on this or is it pure gut? I looked at D1 in some past town games of hers and this game feels different.

Gotta say, it's my first time playing in a while, my meta isn't as fresh as it could be and i'm generally not too fond of these kind of reads !

To expand on it, some comments like or Make me read her as like, more laid back that usual, but eager to help with anything constructive?

But yeah i gotta admit in a vaccum the ISO is not stellar, i wouldn't shut down any somewhat constructed argument against her

bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 205, Claptastik wrote:
Gamma Emerald

You do realize I stated my approach to this game was a bit special, right?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:32 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 211, Gamma Emerald wrote: You do realize I stated my approach to this game was a bit special, right?
Yes, and I find that approach - declaring a 4-person townblock in post - to be highly suspicious.

Town blocks are great when they form organically, over time. I don't see town motivation for your approach. Seems more likely to be scum buddying.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

:igmeou:
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

When did you read those past games?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

And which games did you read, as well?
<Embrace The Void>

Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:45 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 214, Gamma Emerald wrote: When did you read those past games?
A little while before I posted about them.
In post 215, Gamma Emerald wrote: And which games did you read, as well?
I didn't write down the numbers. I just went down through your topics looking at completed games. Unfortunately I didn't get to a scum game. From what I saw you're usually more aggressive and inquisitive than you're being here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

:/
<Embrace The Void>

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:07 am

Post by Gypyx »

Hot take but people should be allowed to switch up their playstyle

it especially gets less worth as a meta read here cause Gamma is making a conscious effort to switch up how she plays rather than failing to reproduce her town meta

bottom text
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:15 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 188, Claptastik wrote:
In post 174, lucca261 wrote:
In post 158, DeltaWave wrote: It sounds to me like lucca got some backlash from gypyx for what was legitimately an odd post #71 and then immediately backpedaled it. If it's really an RVS vote then who cares. That's what the R means. Then lucca pegged you as town in #78. You get more friends by calling people town, especially early on. If you put this sequence of events together, the problem is evident.
ehh I wasn't really concerned by the reaction to my RVS vote, even if gypyx thought it was weird

but looking at this from your perspective:
you got backlash (from FD on ) from posting nothing today, came back and posted only about a guy who was inactive and not likely to defend himself?

seems like you are more concerned than me to make friends and not provoke anyone (which I truly believe is NAI, people hate being scumread, just ironic)
What's your read on lucca?
Super town and frankly kinda cool in general. Yours?
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:24 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 218, Gypyx wrote: Hot take but people should be allowed to switch up their playstyle
They are allowed. And other people are allowed to question such switches.
it especially gets less worth as a meta read here cause Gamma is making a conscious effort to switch up how she plays rather than failing to reproduce her town meta
Maybe she's making that conscious effort
because
she has difficulty reproducing her town meta as scum.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:26 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 219, lucca261 wrote: Super town and frankly kinda cool in general. Yours?
Scum lean.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:27 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 193, Upwards wrote:
In post 176, lucca261 wrote: I'm on that weird path where I kinda think my only scumread so far is Upwards for .

Not to play armchair psychologist, but I think a guy who read a 100-person game on this website (and probably read several wallposts on the way) would feel a little more paranoid on his first post.

Too non-commital, too agreeable. This paragraph in particular:
So I guess I will just start talking about things I find notable reading the previous conversations. Please let me know if you think anything about the points I am making or if I am mistaken in some way.
I mean, this looks a lot like newbscum to me.
Why exactly should I be paranoid, and of what? Don’t really get your point here.
The thing is: if you are town here, it's very likely that scum will try to use your status as a new player to advance their game. Not in a "I'm evil, kill all the newbies" way, but maybe by buddying you, maybe by trying to use you as elimbait, stuff like this.

Being so open on your opening post, even asking people to correct you? I see newb!town would be a little more wary, especially on a game like this with several very experienced players.

Keep in mind this is a early D1 read, so it's not final or decisive in any way. But it's something that pinged me early game.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:29 am

Post by lucca261 »

btw @Upwards what do you think of the players so far?

any scumleans, any townleans
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:38 am

Post by Claptastik »

In post 222, lucca261 wrote: The thing is: if you are town here, it's very likely that scum will try to use your status as a new player to advance their game. Not in a "I'm evil, kill all the newbies" way, but maybe by buddying you, maybe by trying to use you as elimbait, stuff like this.
You mean like you're doing now?

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”