Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:38 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

GE, it really feels like you hop around where the winds take you. You went from affirming your vote as a vote for scum and then unvoting 3 minutes later.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:41 pm

Post by Claptastik »

In post 646, MargotRosa wrote: Honestly, all the voting the last few days is a dizzying whirlwind of ridiculousness. Everyone needs to get off the Gamma wagon yesterday and actually start hunting real Scum. Clap losing town points for and even more for , when we have 4 days to actually come up with a read that's not as dogshit as the Gamma one
Oh please, you're on a vanity wagon of 1, and doing nothing to convince others to join you.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:43 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Apologies if I seem a little distracted and tunnel visioned by what I saw as a rapidly approaching miselim, and didn't really see much value in posting the same thing over and over again.
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:43 pm

Post by Upwards »

In post 642, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 612, Laplacian wrote:
In post 569, Upwards wrote:
In post 562, Laplacian wrote:
In post 561, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 559, Laplacian wrote: I live! Event over, wife won a silver and a gold in her divisions. Been vaguely keeping up, will effortpost later when at a computer and not phone posting from an uber.

Until then, happy to vote Gamma, Delta, Margot

Will not vote HT, Gypyx

Can be persuaded on everyone else
your limpool is gross, it’s basically every viable vote at this moment.
Upward would be on there too, but I really dont want to lim a newbie day 1
Now that’s just silly isn’t it? While I’d appreciate it to get to play more, I think you must naturally consider voting me if I really appear suspicious to you. Or is there something other than pity behind that thought process?

Would like to hear your case here.
From the opening post:
In post 1, DragonEater70 wrote: Have fun - This is not an option. Games are only good when players are having fun. If you are not having fun, replace out. There is no shame in this. I have no problem with it. You are not a bad person. Both you and the game will be happier for it.
Getting nuked day 1 as a newbie sucks and it's a good way to have people not stick around and play more. If you're above that, cool, more power to you, but I generally make it a policy to not vote them day 1 without egregious circumstances.

And this is a genuine question, not idle curiosity. You dropped some chess references earlier. What is your Elo rating?
What??? Are you seriously upset I overlooked your question about
my chess ELO
?
That question was for me was it not? I feel like there’s too much upset confusion and too little real logic going on atm.
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:46 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 653, Upwards wrote:
In post 559, Laplacian wrote: I live! Event over, wife won a silver and a gold in her divisions. Been vaguely keeping up, will effortpost later when at a computer and not phone posting from an uber.

Will not vote HT, Gypyx

Now that’s just silly isn’t it? While I’d appreciate it to get to play more, I think you must naturally consider voting me if I really appear suspicious to you. Or is there something other than pity behind that thought process?

From the opening post:
In post 1, DragonEater70 wrote: Have fun - This is not an option. Games are only good when players are having fun. If you are not having fun, replace out. There is no shame in this. I have no problem with it. You are not a bad person. Both you and the game will be happier for it.
Getting nuked day 1 as a newbie sucks and it's a good way to have people not stick around and play more. If you're above that, cool, more power to you, but I generally make it a policy to not vote them day 1 without egregious circumstances.

And this is a genuine question, not idle curiosity. You dropped some chess references earlier. What is your Elo rating?
my chess ELO
?
That question was for me was it not? I feel like there’s too much upset confusion and too little real logic going on atm.
One day we will look back and this reply chain will be seen as the moment this game reached its natural zenith. Breathtaking
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 650, DeltaWave wrote: GE, it really feels like you hop around where the winds take you. You went from affirming your vote as a vote for scum and then unvoting 3 minutes later.
Okay and? I was affirming my vote as for scum instead of for pressure. Me flipping my opinion doesn’t alter the reasoning for my vote. I think you might be confused and thinking my scumread was stronger than it was?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:01 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 626, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 566, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 558, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 488, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 486, Gamma Emerald wrote: Can you fuckers stop immediately assuming I am leaning towards suspecting someone when I ask them a question? It’s happened three times now I think
Am I one of the fuckers?

Ironically enough I have been been questioned this game quite a but when I ask questions.....but it seems we interpret the intent a bit differently.

I mean, I will agree with(Clap I believe it was?) that you have a distinct lack of scum reads......even your vote on lurkyNae seems like a safe place to lock a vote on.

I guess I just spoilered who I think isn't town in the Town Blocc though
Are there other reasons than Nae being quiet behind the scum read?
Is this directed towards me or Gamma?
Towards you
A scum read might be too strong of a phrasing, but like I said it was their lack of scum reads and then a 'safe' vote on Nae, coupled with frustration when people push back on her, all seems a bit suss yes.
In post 631, Gamma Emerald wrote: So apparently any time I try to do anything I’m the devil. GOT IT.
No I am the Devil
In post 639, lucca261 wrote: FuDuzn just disappearing and posting once a day is concerning to me btw
Coming from someone who was just prodded for lack of activity......hello pot, meet kettle.

I generally don't have all day to post, and when I was free yesterday I wasn't getting a lot of engagement with my posting, so ya I am not gonna be Clap and just engage with the wall lol
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:07 pm

Post by Laplacian »

In post 653, Upwards wrote:

Will not vote HT, Gypyx

From the opening post:

my chess ELO
?
Yes, Elo was for you and not gamma. Basically, I didn't like your dubious sacrifice analogy earlier. Askes Elo to see if it was just a surface comparison or a deliberately bad reframing
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 617, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 605, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 603, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 602, Hu Tao wrote: No. Lap is town 100%
Now I know you’re capping. There is zero reason you should be townreading that ISO
So am I scum then if I'm lying?
Is this the kind of thing where you know Lap is town, Lap gets eliminated, and then you try to gain townpoints as a result?
The posturing of this post is sus. But he only has 3 votes, why would this be the first thing you think of?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 622, Claptastik wrote: Huh, a sudden push on the lowest activity slot in the game. That's not sus at all. :roll: This makes me feel better about the gamma and margot wagons, and worse about gypyx.
Same
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:11 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 625, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 567, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 557, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 554, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 357, Hu Tao wrote: Upwards - towny
Naerys - towny
Claptastik - towny
lucca261 -??
FuDuzn - town
Gamma Emerald - leaning sus
Laplacian - towny
Zebedee - ???
Gypyx - Leaning slightly towny
MargotRosa - scummy
DeltaWave - scummy
Alianna - ????

This is where I am right now. I usually don't have this many reads to start so something could be wrong.
I had Margot scummy at the time because of a post but looking back it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'd put her in ???? Tier right now I think.
Which post were you concerned by out of curiousity?
The one I voted you
So actually because I asked FD if I was being scum read
Yes
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:11 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 628, Claptastik wrote:
In post 615, Laplacian wrote: Hell, this is game design 101, make sure the first experience is good before people funnel out. It's the reason fortnite gives you an easy win vs bots when you first sign up.
LOL, as I read the first sentence I was thinking the second.
🤣🤣
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:12 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 660, Hu Tao wrote:
Naerys - towny
Claptastik - towny
lucca261 -??
FuDuzn - town
Laplacian - towny
Zebedee - ???
MargotRosa - scummy
DeltaWave - scummy
Alianna - ????

This is where I am right now. I usually don't have this many reads to start so something could be wrong.
I had Margot scummy at the time because of a post but looking back it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'd put her in ???? Tier right now I think.
The one I voted you
Yes
Scum read by me or Hu?

I think it is pretty clear I think you are scum
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:13 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 634, DeltaWave wrote: You gonna try forming another townblock any time soon?
🤣
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:13 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 638, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 627, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 620, DeltaWave wrote: From what I can tell, Lap's big sin is that he gave a low-effort read list and then OMGUS'ed Lucca. Is that the case against him?
My big issue is he promised good content and gave 3 mediocre posts in the promised hour (this timeframe us metaphorical)
Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you're voting for Lap because you think he's scum, not as a pressure vote. The reasoning you gave sounds like it would be for a pressure vote.
Good analysis. I admit I may be wrong on delta
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:14 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 639, lucca261 wrote: FuDuzn just disappearing and posting once a day is concerning to me btw
Why? Couldn't they just be busy? Or is there something wrong with the posts?
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:14 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 658, Hu Tao wrote:
Now I know you’re capping. There is zero reason you should be townreading that ISO
Is this the kind of thing where you know Lap is town, Lap gets eliminated, and then you try to gain townpoints as a result?
The posturing of this post is sus. But he only has 3 votes, why would this be the first thing you think of?
"Am I scum if I'm lying" sounds like you're confidently asserting town status based on an anticipated flip. The inverse of "I'm scum if I'm lying" is "I'm town if I'm telling the truth."

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:16 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 656, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 626, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 566, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 558, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 488, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 486, Gamma Emerald wrote: Can you fuckers stop immediately assuming I am leaning towards suspecting someone when I ask them a question? It’s happened three times now I think
Am I one of the fuckers?

Ironically enough I have been been questioned this game quite a but when I ask questions.....but it seems we interpret the intent a bit differently.

I mean, I will agree with(Clap I believe it was?) that you have a distinct lack of scum reads......even your vote on lurkyNae seems like a safe place to lock a vote on.

I guess I just spoilered who I think isn't town in the Town Blocc though
Are there other reasons than Nae being quiet behind the scum read?
Is this directed towards me or Gamma?
Towards you
A scum read might be too strong of a phrasing, but like I said it was their lack of scum reads and then a 'safe' vote on Nae, coupled with frustration when people push back on her, all seems a bit suss yes.
In post 631, Gamma Emerald wrote: So apparently any time I try to do anything I’m the devil. GOT IT.
No I am the Devil
Coming from someone who was just prodded for lack of activity......hello pot, meet kettle.

I generally don't have all day to post, and when I was free yesterday I wasn't getting a lot of engagement with my posting, so ya I am not gonna be Clap and just engage with the wall lol
Wait you're right. Lucca was just prodded 🤣
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:16 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 662, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 660, Hu Tao wrote:
Naerys - towny
Claptastik - towny
lucca261 -??
FuDuzn - town
Laplacian - towny
Zebedee - ???
MargotRosa - scummy
DeltaWave - scummy
Alianna - ????

The one I voted you
Yes
Scum read by me or Hu?

I think it is pretty clear I think you are scum
She meant the reason I changed my read. Nothing to do with your read
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:17 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 666, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 658, Hu Tao wrote:
"Am I scum if I'm lying" sounds like you're confidently asserting town status based on an anticipated flip. The inverse of "I'm scum if I'm lying" is "I'm town if I'm telling the truth."
I was trying to figure out if gamma thought I was scum lying because before then she thought I was town. So that's why her post didn't make sense to me
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:18 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

You mean lying about your read on Lap?

Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:19 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 670, DeltaWave wrote: You mean lying about your read on Lap?
Yes she said I was capping. Which means lying
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:19 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Also is gamma at e-1 right now? Seems like it? I could be wrong though
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:20 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

Alright fair enough. I guess it your reply can be read two different ways.

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:20 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

I think Gamma is at E-2 but I haven't counted

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”