Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:44 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1823, Black wrote: I always think Dann could be deepwolfing but I've played with him a lot recently and I've been wrong about him every time, so I'm not confident in my ability to read him
So it's like a JV!Naerys read but more involved, lmfao
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:53 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Noting this publicly to keep me accountable but I wanna have a fresh lookover on dave, kitty (I guess I should wait for the replacement), kyo and cCS which is probably my next thing I do if the games activity keeps at this level

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:14 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Ima be honest, Thom/Dann both made me question my SR pretty hard with their recent interactions I had with both

wiki // GTKAS
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:37 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1821, JacksonVirgo wrote: Katsuki is someone I really wanna play more with
IDK about that, I have a very established reputation as a lurker VI. :lol:
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:49 am

Post by Black »

In post 1828, Katsuki wrote:
In post 1821, JacksonVirgo wrote: Katsuki is someone I really wanna play more with
What is VI?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:50 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Village idiot - Thomith dont trouble yourself over 1802, it's something I should be ISOing you for anyways, just didnt want to do it on my phone this morning
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:50 am

Post by Black »

In post 1824, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1822, Black wrote: Thanks for linking those games. I'll try to take a look tonight
Curious what you find, I can also give insight as to what I consider my wolf game if that helps at all
I'm always interested in hearing people talk about their self-meta even though it's not always useful/helpful
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:54 am

Post by Black »

In post 1828, Katsuki wrote:
If you have a reputation as a village idiot then why aren't you more open to letting others help you solve the game? If you are aware of this flaw in your game then it doesn't really make sense for you to stay stuck in your read on me when several others are telling you I'm probably town
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:01 am

Post by Black »

In post 1830, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: Village idiot - Thomith dont trouble yourself over 1802, it's something I should be ISOing you for anyways, just didnt want to do it on my phone this morning
It kinda feels like you are floating in the background this game

What do your reads look like, and are you confident in them?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:01 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I feel like I've played with Dann a fair few times over the years (maybe 5 or 6 games if i had to guess), and I also have issues reading him. At least I did in Toriel's patience, which is the only recent experience I have. I do think he's a very strong player as both alignments. I kinda liked the catchup, I just think he's still capable of it as scum if that makes sense.

Just something I've been ruminating over since seeing Black's posts about the same thing.

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:06 am

Post by Dannflor »

ask fireisredsir he can read me like a book
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:09 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1786, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: So what are you saying? Did you think 778 was KT's post? I'm not sure how you get KT and I confused. Do you SR us, or just "don't TR" us?
She/Her - limited acces
no I didn't mix you up, I was just focusing on the two of you because I hadn't yet and ended up flipping my initial opinion

what your current thoughts are on the Kitty slot? I feel like you keep throwing them out there as possible scum but you have not seemed to really want to hard push there and that's the main thing that threw up alarm bells for me
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:46 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1833, Black wrote:
In post 1830, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: Village idiot - Thomith dont trouble yourself over 1802, it's something I should be ISOing you for anyways, just didnt want to do it on my phone this morning
It kinda feels like you are floating in the background this game

What do your reads look like, and are you confident in them?
Gamma I'm very confident is town. I have no reason to think yet that she can fool my method of reading her so I'm pretty much treating her as a flipped cop's inno

Katsuki and Hu Tao are my longest-standing TRs and I'm starting to wonder about Hu Tao's motivations lately. I'm still feeling good about Katsuki, though I'm beginning to wonder if we might be off when it comes to Dragon/Dann

Which brings me to Dragon/Dann - I think Dragon's self-voting was meant to discourage his wagon, which alone isn't necessarily scummy, but he was claiming he wanted to be wagoned so he could catch scum. I think that the votes were a performance. I also remember him kinda OMGUSing me for it and I don't think that makes sense for town!Dragon. Since Dann's replacement I've been wondering if maybe I was tunneling on Dragon too hard - I didn't end up getting Dragon limmed so probably not :lol:
But Dann I'm just wary of on principle. I'm not sure if I'm convinced he couldn't have the same catch-up as scum, which I say because ignoring Dragon, and taking off Dann's nameplate, I think I'd TR him.

I thought one of Celebloki's posts was clunky - the same post Dann identified as scummy for his own reasons. Personally I just think the repetition of the idea Celebloki was "getting a vote on Hu Tao out of the way" looks unnatural. I have some success with this tell, but it does fail me pretty often too and it just failed me in Toriel's Patience so I'm trying out using it as a stepping stone rather than death tunneling on it immediately. Jackson I'm not so sure, I don't really follow some of his posts due to the punctuation I think. I try rereading them or reading them aloud sometimes and still don't follow it. He seems inordinately focused on you.

You, I'm not really sure what you look like as scum. I think you look similar here to when I've played with you as town, though I haven't had the same kind of 'clicking' with your thoughts that I've had before. There hasn't been that eureka moment so I'd put you at like, townlean probably. I almost forgot you kinda led the Naerys wagon despite being 3rd on it, and I think that fairly often town wagons on D1 that end up going the distance are town-led. Which more often than not makes you likelier to be town here not even considering the rest of your play.

Kitty and cCS I feel both had pretty bad D1s and are both likely Dragon/Dann partners - I made a post going over all the votes on the Naerys wagon a day or two ago and it was pretty long and I think it got drowned out between you and jackson and maybe the "guilty" discussion because nobody really responded to it.

I think that just leaves Dave. I dont condone how dave went about it but I think he was pretty transparently solving Gamma most of D1, but not letting it overtake the rest of the game. His vote on Naerys was fine, I remember it holding up to scrutiny. Townread I'd say.

^okay wrote that on my phone but my thumb was starting to fatigue and twitch so I'm switching over to my PC

Just counted and that
was
everyone - going to link my post that got glazed over earlier for reference, and spoil it for length.

Spoiler: Naerys Wagon
In post 1158, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1090, biancospino wrote:
votecount
Votecount 1-FINAL

With 12 alive, it took 7 to hammer.

Naerys (7 =
EXECUTED
):
, , , , , ,
ssbm_Kyouko (1):

camelCasedSnivy (1)
:
Katsuki (1):

KittyTacky (1):

davesaz (1):

notes
  • The deadline is due in (expired on 2024-01-07 07:46:06).
  • You can find the combined mod ISO here
  • ssbm_Kyouko is V/LA on weekends.
  • Thomith is V/LA this weekend.
In post 131, camelCasedSnivy wrote: leave the poor dude alone

Vote Naerys
For context, "the poor dude" here is Thomith who Naerys and DE are pushing as scum for seeing Katsuki's claim as "obviously" a joke. This is also cCS' first post and the vote stays here the whole day - it's a quick ISO read - I do think it's a little strange from reading his ISO that his vote stayed on Naerys all day and never moved to DE because it seems like he did scumread DE. This could be a product of reading him in ISO though, missing context on how Naerys and cCS' other FoSes/SRs were playing. I do think there was opportunity yesterDay for him to have voted DE but he never did. Looking at it a little longer I don't like the progression below, cCS has been pushing/shading Dragon and Naerys most if not all of the Day, states he has no idea on GE or me, and then in 933 he says Gamma's probably not going to get anywhere, yet minutes later in 942 he'd join Thomith in sheeping Gamma on me - Gamma and me who he supposedly "has no idea on". I feel like cCS spent most of his day posturing to vote DE while his vote never moved off Naerys despite there being ample opportunity.

Spoiler: cCS progression
In post 516, camelCasedSnivy wrote: people i have absolutely no clue on: {ssbm_Kyuoko, KittyTacky, Gamma Emerald, Hu Tao}
and people i would gladly vote are just {Naerys, davesaz, camelCasedSnivy}
In post 668, camelCasedSnivy wrote: also i was going fuck yeah on the naerys wagon and then the bland thomith wagon comes along. I'm not as opposed to it this time around but we can do better (and i probably still wont vote thomith)

also how are people getting town vibes from dragoneater?? seriously???
In post 933, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 927, Gamma Emerald wrote: VOTE: kyouko
While I think Dragon is a fine place to go,
I want to vote somewhere less covered, that being kyouko
honestly kyouko fits the bill of the scum I voted in the past rhyming game
since I regard both slot's content involving me as lame
we do have 2 days left

don't think you are going to get anywhere really
In post 941, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 487, Thomith wrote: I feel lost so ima sheep a town read

VOTE: CCS
which townread was it? if it was black you could join us now
In post 942, camelCasedSnivy wrote: *and if its gamma emerald ill sheep you on ssbm_kyouko

In post 200, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 47, Naerys wrote: Thats basically scum confession
VOTE: Katsuki
...I'm pretty sure that was a joke. Scum response.

VOTE: Naerys
Kitty, like cCS, is in the camp that Naerys opportunistically pushed an RVS joke. And Kitty, like cCS, voted early and did not move... but Kitty's ISO is pretty bad looking. I'm seeing repetition of the same point against Naerys (that being that her reaction to the Katsuki claim was scummy), with a bit of self-meta and non-game-related talk sprinkled in. The first time I get a flash of towniness is here in 654 where Kitty has what looks like a reasonable read, even if it is something of a sheep of mine (and maybe that's why I liked it :oops:). But in the first post below, a few hundred posts later, "I'm staying on Naerys because I have no other reads." My brother in christ you do have a read on Dragon and you're literally responding to him so I don't see how you forget that even if you aren't the most involved in the game. I feel like Kitty super coasted D1 and the one glimpse I got of town!Kitty he squandered away, and I missed it as it happened. This is worse than Snivy by a mile imo. I'm looking for scum on the wagon as I go through these votes and I feel I need to look no further after these two :lol:
Spoiler: Kitty ISO
In post 939, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 738, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 736, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 724, JacksonVirgo wrote: Has anybody played with Dragon before?
Yes but (and I mean no offense) they seem a bit like a generic player... it's not that I can't read them, I just have no idea about the meta.
The hell does that mean? Like not offense-wise, but there's literally no player on this site whose playstyle I cannot characterize as idiosyncratic in some way.

Also I've accidentally become Not_Mafia and will insta hammer any wagon that gets E-1.
What I mean is that I struggle to describe how you play. Maybe it's a skill issue but idk where to read from here until there's a flip.

I'm staying on Naerys because I have no other leads.
In post 654, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 516, camelCasedSnivy wrote: people i have absolutely no clue on: {ssbm_Kyuoko, KittyTacky, Gamma Emerald, Hu Tao}
and people i would gladly vote are just {Naerys, davesaz, camelCasedSnivy}
Concrete read:

I think saying "haha I'd vote myself" is very performative. It's a very forced way of saying "look I'm town I don't care if people vote me!"
In post 957, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 756, Thomith wrote: Naerys and DE70 are where they are on the list because I feel like they're just acting fucking weird, so I dont really know how to read that.
Naerys is indeed very erratic this game but DE70 weird how? Maybe I'm getting that thing where I'm blind to a specific player's style.
In post 958, KittyTacky wrote: Dunno I think DE is town.
In post 959, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 761, Gamma Emerald wrote: I think when it comes to the day ending wagon
I’m fine if it’s either Snivy or Dragon
Snivy fine. I'm mostly sheeping people's reads of that slot. But I just don't see Dragon being particularly scummy here.

In post 920, Black wrote: VOTE: Naerys

I think I want to give my Jackson read more time to develop, and I would rather do this over CCS

I don't like how Naerys tried to flirt with the idea of joining the CCS wagon after it gained momentum. Her excuse for not actually placing a vote there was because it seemed like other people didn't want to end the day yet, which could be a legit reason, but I'm reading it as her being self-conscious about placing a tail-end vote on a mislim

I think the whole "yeet me pls" is theatre to make us think she's fine with being faded so we don't actually fade there. She says she has a plan but I'm not really buying it

Plus she already claimed VT so if we just push this through then we don't have to risk anyone else claiming
So looks like chronologically Black is the first "non-stale" vote to start the Naerys wagon. Generally speaking I think mislims especially on D1 are town-led with scum attaching themselves to the wagons later on, so this being the first non-stale vote I feel it has the most likelihood of being that town leading the D1 wagon. I feel like giving JV time is something town!Black would do, but I only know town!Black so I've been hesitant to believe thoughts like this, let alone voice them, because I've heard about her scum record. The last 2 lines are both a little bit "excuse-ey" if you want to look at them in that way, but they feel very natural to me. I think scum generally would prefer to try get cCS run up to claim and just not mention that it's safe to lim already-claimed-VT Naerys. I'm not concerned about this vote.
In post 1054, davesaz wrote: VOTE: Naerys
Time is too short to do much thumb twiddling. We need to make some kind of progress at generating higher wagon numbers so at least that will be available.
Time is too short is what I was thinking as well, knowing I wasn't going to be around much close to deadline. I'm going to have to look into his ISO to be thorough about this though. Skimming it now I don't really see anything nefarious in the progression. Dave engages with a few people and is mostly focused on solving Gamma's rhymes, and though I don't like as a tactic it's probably +town. In 502 it seems like Dave has finished his sort of Gamma and is willing to work with her on the cCS wagon. I like 517 as well, it's so raw and I don't think scum!dave moves forward with posting it without second-guessing himself and providing a more reasoned response. Not concerned with how Dave arrives on Naerys.
In post 1065, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: And as Katsuki and I won't be here for deadline I dont see DE70 happening.

VOTE: Naerys
The relevance for those reading these votes in ISO here is that Katsuki and I were the main proponents of a DE lim and we both weren't going to be around for much longer as the deadline was about 48 hours out iirc.
In post 1070, Katsuki wrote: Won't be around later, I'm fine with doing this, L-1 by my count.

VOTE: NAERYS
I think objectively speaking the vote itself would come from town!Katsuki or scum!Katsuki here, but I TR Katsuki and don't find anything suspicious about it.
In post 1088, Hu Tao wrote: VOTE: Naerys

Goodnight all.
Not sure about this. I feel like I've seen Hu Tao hammer like this as town many times, come to think of it I'm not sure I've played with scum!HT. I think their playstyle is scummy so I might have assumed I've played with scum!HT before :lol: I'm not sure if this is something that she does as scum, I'd have to read her scumgames to check. I imagine it would be easy enough to fake. I have to pee really bad I'll finish Hu Tao's ISO later. I vaguely remember TRing them early on

Actually I must have counted wrong as Thomith isn't here. I've got to look at Thomith closer - nothing really comes to mind except that I was pinged when he asked you about Dann playing around you when he TRed both you and Dann, and that he's 1 of the 4 off-wagon group that I think is likely to contain scum.

Overall this makes the list something like this:
{Gamma} - locktown
{Katsuki} - TR
{davesaz} - not as TRed as above but more than the TLs below
{Hu Tao (fluctuating, was TR but it's getting tenuous), Black (tentative, TR is on the rise)} - TL
--
{Thomith, JV} - nullscum, probably at least one scum amongst these 2 + Dragon due to the 4 off Gamma wagon
{cCS, Kitty} - SL, one or both of these are scum on the Naerys wagon, both make sense as Dragon partners iirc
{Dragon} - SR
Dannflor doesn't really have a good place because Dannflor feels like a complete turnaround from Dragon who I think was clearly scum, so I'm leaving Dragon's name on here. I feel like I've been burned by ignoring a replacement's scummy behavior more often than I've been rewarded by ignoring it. If I knew how to read Dann better and he wasn't as good as he is I'd be more willing to reconsider this already

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:50 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1831, Black wrote:
In post 1824, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1822, Black wrote: Thanks for linking those games. I'll try to take a look tonight
Curious what you find, I can also give insight as to what I consider my wolf game if that helps at all
I'm always interested in hearing people talk about their self-meta even though it's not always useful/helpful
As a wolf I tend to be more aggressive and pushy, to try and actively control the Town as much as I can while I can, I try and be as brutal to those I am pushing as I can (with respect and decency of course) and nice and soft to those I need the votes from. Which is an over-generalized self-meta but you'll see for yourself anyway

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:50 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Holy wallpost batman

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:51 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1837, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: I don't really follow some of his posts due to the punctuation I think
Then ask me to clarify?

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:52 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I tend to think faster than I can type, and after I say it I can word things better but when things come from the top dome you're gettin' raw JV brain juices babyyy

wiki // GTKAS
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

Jackson would it be helpful to you if I told you I had a pretty good track record reading Black and I town cased her
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

at risk of
In post 1837, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: Gamma I'm very confident is town. I have no reason to think yet that she can fool my method of reading her so I'm pretty much treating her as a flipped cop's inno
did you share this method anywhere or is this a super secret pocket read
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:57 am

Post by Dannflor »

at risk of outing a super secret method of reading someone*
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:57 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I also town-read her, so any help would be probably just be with feeding conf-bias which I'm not the greatest fan of lol. Where did you town-case her? I don't recall seeing one

wiki // GTKAS
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:58 am

Post by Thomith »

Did anyone ever explain why we are convinced there is 1 scum off wagon?
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm asking if a town case from me would help

I know you've had a lot of confliction there but if you're getting there yourself I'm not going to waste time on convincing the game of a popular read
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:58 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1776, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1616, JacksonVirgo wrote: I still wanna know what is the deal with the obsession over being off-wagon, I asked before and nobody answered. I don't understand it9
I feel like it's been mentioned a couple of times at least - doesn't seem like there would be 3 scum on Naerys, therefore 1 or 2 should be off wagon
@Thom

wiki // GTKAS
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she