Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:40 pm

Post by Thomith »

In post 613, JacksonVirgo wrote: Yo Thom, what type of wolf are you typically?
It's been literal years since I rolled scum so I honestly cant say exactly how I'd play it nowadays.
When I used to play before, I used to skate by on posting actively while not actively doing a huge amount. I'd only post reads when prompted and would usually echo other peoples ideas for the most part so when people I was SRing did flip town, other people would likely take the fall over me.

If I was playing with people who had played with me as town, I'd actively try and mimic how I played before, so they'd townread me and I had somebody on my side, but I did this a bit too obviously and got caught for it more than once :lol:

I pefered to sit back and watch situations unfold so I could play reactionary, rather than take active steps to take over the game.

I'd like to think my play is better now than it was 8 or 9 years ago when i was a teenager, but who knows tbh. That's probably the best answer I can give you atm.
In post 618, JacksonVirgo wrote: *cracks knuckles*

Spoiler:

oh god not scum vigilantes :sob:
started thinking they were town through tone but this whole "kill me" joke being too long is starting to feel awkward.
I really like this line of thinking from Black.
from Thomith feels like its an attempt to stop a townread rather than treating the argument as it is. Trying to counter a weak gut-based read is a little weird.
(hu tao) here's our third scum claim for this game lmfao, one is bound to be actually wolf. But as they're also reading Thomith as wolfy from the early game I'm bound to tentatively town-lean this because clearly they're smart as fuck if their reads align with my own :) also their is townie even though it's hilariously NAI-looking, it reads to me like they're not thinking too deeply about placing the vote itself. Reads natural. The argument that they look nervous fits with my own, it really feels like they're trying to remain control of the gamestate but not doing a super good job at doing so, I will have to see whether or not they're the type to power wolf or hide within the Town primarily.
from Black, I am not sure how I wanna see this to be honest. On one hand I see this as townie, I can follow the logic enough but thinking further I don't actually believe what she said to be necessarily the case. I think Hu Tao is townie from what they've done, I don't think they're looking for anything in regards to their own image.
Thom's response wasn't really to the content of which Hu Tao was saying either, it was something based on how they're acting towards that is similar to a scum-game which is the easy way to make an argument against someone scum-reading you, although with me saying this I am starting to feel conf-bias creep up on me.
(Black) feels like a pretty weak reason to town-read Thom, it feels like it's justifying something for the sake of justifying it. Town-reading somebody for making reads is just simply wrong.
Hu Tao saying unfortunately here is townie as fuck.
Oh I usually do 10 posts at a time but completely forgot and kept reading, oh well.
Black voting Naerys after she stated that black didn't look great, is not a great look to me.
I dont know how else to respond to this other than say that the way Hu Tao was questioning me in the early pages of this game was almost exactly the same as they did in the Micro I was talking about, which is why I was pinged early on that Hu Tao could be a wolf.

I concede that it isn't the strongest reason, which is why I didn't push it that far, but it was so early in the game there wasnt much else to go off of.

Would you have rather me have said "null because nothing has happened yet"?
In post 623, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 621, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 619, JacksonVirgo wrote: As it stands now, Thom/Black look the worst and Hu Tao looks the best
Why do I look the best?
Because you're undeniably yourself, you read natural. You read like you're saying what comes in your head right as it comes in, without stopping to think about how you would look. Things like this, just pure.
Do you not think this could be faked? Is Hu Tao the only person doing this?
In post 659, JacksonVirgo wrote: That being said I do think Thom is wolfy, especially regarding that part I spoke about regarding not wanting somebody to town-read another too easily

VOTE: Thom
To confirm, just so I know I'm not missing something else I can actively defend against, you think I'm a wolf because Black TRed me too easily?

I will say since it seems like you think I could be faking reads or coming up with easy reads ect.
The reads I have been pushing were getting me heat, but i continued pushing them because i genuinely believe them, and wasnt going to start lying about my reads and what I thought just because of what I was saying was getting me heat.

If I was scum, and faking reads like it seems to be suggested, why would I not try and find a way to change the reads I was pushing to rey and get heat off of me, rather than double down and try and explain my reasoning?
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:48 pm

Post by Naerys »

In post 686, Katsuki wrote: I've been waffling on the original post I had and have decided to withhold it for now.

Where I am right now, I still think that Dragon is most likely to flip scum out of the leading nom candidates based off of a number of factors. I also have a sneaking suspicion that there's a good chance he is the strongest PR the wolves have.

Normally I'd be perfectly fine with D1 nomming CCS slot contribution, but I really don't like how that wagon came about. We went from stalled wagons 3 votes apiece on Dragon, Naerys and Thomith, with Thomith being the counterwagon with dragon and naerys voting for him, to suddenly being able to construct a wagon on the lurker. Nothing in his posting had changed, he could've been voted or examined at any time during the day, but no one thought to mention him at all until it came to WAGON HO!

Currently where I'm sitting looks roughly like this.

CONFTOWN:

ME

STRONGTOWN:

KYOUKO
KITTY

TOWN:

HUTAO
GE

LIKELY TOWN

THOMITH (conf town if Dragon+Naerys both flip scum)

That leaves davesaz, CCS, Jackson, Black, dragon and Naerys.

dave I'm firmly null on atm.
CCS is null leaning town
JACKSON I'm tempted to toss him into the town pile.

That conveniently leaves dragon, black and naerys. Is the game really this easy? Maybe. I'm pretty confident that there's at least two scum in that pool (wouldn't shock me if I nailed all 3, but would surprise me a bit playing with a new group of players). I quite like what Black has been doing from a scum perspective, and in my eyes it makes the most sense that it stems from Dragon being scum. Plus, she's no longer a fluffy adorable Umbreon. If Dragon flips scum, she is buddy #1 and needs to be TURBONOMMED accordingly.

So TL;DR, at the moment I think the game is fairly straight forward, with Dragon likely to be scum and his buddies being pretty obvious post-flip. Therefore I'm happiest with a Dragon nom today.
Thom+katsuki are scum
I need to find the last one
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:51 pm

Post by Thomith »

In post 726, Naerys wrote:
In post 686, Katsuki wrote: I've been waffling on the original post I had and have decided to withhold it for now.

Where I am right now, I still think that Dragon is most likely to flip scum out of the leading nom candidates based off of a number of factors. I also have a sneaking suspicion that there's a good chance he is the strongest PR the wolves have.

Normally I'd be perfectly fine with D1 nomming CCS slot contribution, but I really don't like how that wagon came about. We went from stalled wagons 3 votes apiece on Dragon, Naerys and Thomith, with Thomith being the counterwagon with dragon and naerys voting for him, to suddenly being able to construct a wagon on the lurker. Nothing in his posting had changed, he could've been voted or examined at any time during the day, but no one thought to mention him at all until it came to WAGON HO!

Currently where I'm sitting looks roughly like this.

CONFTOWN:

ME

STRONGTOWN:

KYOUKO
KITTY

TOWN:

HUTAO
GE

LIKELY TOWN

THOMITH (conf town if Dragon+Naerys both flip scum)

That leaves davesaz, CCS, Jackson, Black, dragon and Naerys.

dave I'm firmly null on atm.
CCS is null leaning town
JACKSON I'm tempted to toss him into the town pile.

That conveniently leaves dragon, black and naerys. Is the game really this easy? Maybe. I'm pretty confident that there's at least two scum in that pool (wouldn't shock me if I nailed all 3, but would surprise me a bit playing with a new group of players). I quite like what Black has been doing from a scum perspective, and in my eyes it makes the most sense that it stems from Dragon being scum. Plus, she's no longer a fluffy adorable Umbreon. If Dragon flips scum, she is buddy #1 and needs to be TURBONOMMED accordingly.

So TL;DR, at the moment I think the game is fairly straight forward, with Dragon likely to be scum and his buddies being pretty obvious post-flip. Therefore I'm happiest with a Dragon nom today.
Thom+katsuki are scum
I need to find the last one
Why are we scum together?

Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:51 pm

Post by Naerys »

Those wall posts are legit scummy
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:53 pm

Post by Thomith »

In post 728, Naerys wrote: Those wall posts are legit scummy
Katsukis or mine, or both?

Are you saying that you SR us both I individually then, or that we have partner equity?

Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:54 pm

Post by Naerys »

Bye
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:55 pm

Post by Thomith »

I dont understand why you're actively just being unhelpful.
I've legitimately never seen you like this before.

Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:02 pm

Post by Naerys »

I want to get d1 limmed
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:17 pm

Post by Naerys »

After my flip use brains and look into kitty-black-thom -> two are going after easy target and one feels reluctant to vote vanilla
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:35 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 627, davesaz wrote:
In post 590, Black wrote: I think Naerys wanting to flip a null read over her scumreads indicates that she doesn't really care who is faded. The argument that a Snivy flip gives us a lot of info doesn't check out either considering he's one of the least active slots in the game
In post 591, Naerys wrote:
In post 589, DragonEater70 wrote: Basically Naerys my confusion is

You are voting Katsuki, saying you are scumreading Gamma/dave, but you want Snivy limmed.

Can you walk me through this
I parked my vote on Katsuki bcz of that ugly picture.
Gamme/dave was a gut feeling i had at a certain point
i wanted Snivy limmed bcz it would give decent info
now i think its better to lim me, only claim scum will get from me is "vanilla" tho
In post 603, Naerys wrote:
In post 596, DragonEater70 wrote: Naerys wtf are you doing

If you are scum you should fight

If you are town you should fight even harder
I have a plan.
Two things come to mind here.
If Naerys is town vengeful hoping to bait scum, I think her reads are more likely to lose us another town. It's hard to tell given my reads aren't all that strong, but just a bad feeling here.
It's also possible she's scum with cCS and with a less valuable role.
I was also thinking she's vengeful, but why ever would you say that out loud???
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:45 pm

Post by Thomith »

Yeah it feels like the obvious answer, but idk why you'd say that out loud either.
I will say if its true, I likely get shot and we have 2 town dead at the end of Day 1.

KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:59 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 724, JacksonVirgo wrote: Has anybody played with Dragon before?
Yes but (and I mean no offense) they seem a bit like a generic player... it's not that I can't read them, I just have no idea about the meta.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:07 am

Post by biancospino »

votecount (UNCHANGED)
Votecount 1-XX

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer, or 6 to decide for no execution.

camelCasedSnivy (4)
: , , ,
DragonEater70 (3):
, ,
Naerys (2):
Thomith (2):
Katsuki (1):

notes
  • The deadline is due in (expired on 2024-01-07 07:46:06).
  • You can find the combined mod ISO here
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:37 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 736, KittyTacky wrote:
Yes but (and I mean no offense) they seem a bit like a generic player... it's not that I can't read them, I just have no idea about the meta.
The hell does that mean? Like not offense-wise, but there's literally no player on this site whose playstyle I cannot characterize as idiosyncratic in some way.

Also I've accidentally become Not_Mafia and will insta hammer any wagon that gets E-1.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:37 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Also I will catch up later on the last few pages
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:42 am

Post by Thomith »

What the hell is going on

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:43 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 738, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 736, KittyTacky wrote:
The hell does that mean? Like not offense-wise, but there's literally no player on this site whose playstyle I cannot characterize as idiosyncratic in some way.

Also I've accidentally become Not_Mafia and will insta hammer any wagon that gets E-1.
Oh I guess... that explains it?

I hate it.

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:55 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Blame Katsuki.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:24 am

Post by Black »

In post 742, DragonEater70 wrote: Blame Katsuki.
:lol:

What are your thoughts on Jackson and Katsuki thinking we could be scum together?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:27 am

Post by Black »

In post 679, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 676, Black wrote: I get better as the game goes on but even later you'll see me second guessing myself constantly
I know very well you're good at the game, I can't wait to see you pop off
I overlooked this last night because I was a little flattered but this doesn't sound like something a townie would say about someone they think is scum
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:35 am

Post by Black »

In post 655, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 652, Black wrote:
In post 649, JacksonVirgo wrote: Thinking inwards though I actually believe the only read that I actively did not understand at all was the read about Thom's posting reads as townie. The rest I just disagreed with outside maybe that post saying the game was already out of RVS which I felt was unsubstantiated and I definitely felt the game was very much in that state.
Do you think I'm scum with Thom? Or do you think I'm scum trying to pocket him?
I hadn't thought too deeply about it but I can say I avoid pre-flip associative reads as much as I can
. I don't know what to make of it just yet I just know that I didn't like it
In post 694, JacksonVirgo wrote: All the power to ya. I
can see Dragon/Black for sure
. Naerys I get too but I wanna make sure I'm not falling into my usual pitfalls with them before I make any stance
:?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:38 am

Post by Black »

Katsuki feels townie over the last couple of pages and her scumread on me feels more natural than Jackson's
In post 702, Katsuki wrote: Black's been my most solid scumread today and I would like to think I'm not wrong on that one.
I didn't like a lot of Dragon's posts that he made recently, namely #348, 372, 375 and 428
I don't understand this though. If I've been your most solid scumread then why haven't you pushed me at all? You say you don't think you're wrong but you haven't cased me at all, you've just been voting for existing wagons instead

I believe this read is genuine but I've never been confident that someone is scum and just ignored them or didn't push them at all. I'd like to understand where you're coming from here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:02 am

Post by Black »

@thom what is your read on Jackson?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:06 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 720, Thomith wrote: Checking in to acknowledge I've skimread and caught up.
I'll respond to Jackson at some point today.
I do think his push on me feels town, because I dont really see scum push a new wagon here when there are others they can easily join.

Interested to see what Black and Naerys' plans are to try and figure out those motivations at some point too.
Quoting because I still think I feel the same.
There were two easy wagons they could have just jumped on without much pushback, but instead they started a new wagon, which I think is a bold move for scum to make, unless we are in the exact word where it's a CCS/Naerys/Jackson scumteam but that seems like a huge stretch.

The progression they have on people seems genuine to me, and I feel like the effort does also seem pretty genuine, so I townlean them atm.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:08 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 748, Thomith wrote:
In post 720, Thomith wrote: Checking in to acknowledge I've skimread and caught up.
I'll respond to Jackson at some point today.
I do think his push on me feels town, because I dont really see scum push a new wagon here when there are others they can easily join.

Interested to see what Black and Naerys' plans are to try and figure out those motivations at some point too.
Quoting because I still think I feel the same.
There were two easy wagons they could have just jumped on without much pushback, but instead they started a new wagon, which I think is a bold move for scum to make, unless we are in the exact word where it's a CCS/Naerys/Jackson scumteam but that seems like a huge stretch.

The progression they have on people seems genuine to me, and I feel like the effort does also seem pretty genuine, so I townlean them atm.
Sorry my mistake, I thought Naerys was the other wagon - CCS/Naerys/Jackson should be CCS/DE70/Jackson.

Basically unless both of their scum partners were being wagoned, I feel like it would be odd for Jackson to start a new wagon when they could join one easily.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”