Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:00 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 923, Mucho Man Randy Passion wrote:
In post 913, Hu Tao wrote: Lap is town. Who else do you think is scum?
One of DW, Enchant, PoP, Upwards. Why is Lap town?
His vibe is very towny
Mucho Man Randy Passion
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:14 pm

Post by Mucho Man Randy Passion »

:thinking:
I am the mucho MAN, so I am okay with male pronouns on this secret alt
Mucho Man Randy Passion
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:19 pm

I'll consider pairings that aren't Laplacian - most of Laplacians vibes are good.

I get tiny mafia vibes from these two posts. What do you think?
In post 727, Laplacian wrote: Rofl, 10/10 end to day 1
In post 781, Laplacian wrote:
In post 774, Naerys wrote: GG
I am 1shot vigilant and i shot a scum
gg indeed
Mucho Man Randy Passion
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:21 pm

Does anyone in my tag team have any concerns with anyone else in my tag team? Or the MUCHO MAN himself?

Hu Tao, Luchador64, Gypyx, Naerys?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:36 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 927, Mucho Man Randy Passion wrote: I'll consider pairings that aren't Laplacian - most of Laplacians vibes are good.

I get tiny mafia vibes from these two posts. What do you think?
In post 727, Laplacian wrote: Rofl, 10/10 end to day 1
In post 781, Laplacian wrote:
In post 774, Naerys wrote: GG
I am 1shot vigilant and i shot a scum
gg indeed
First one gives me town vibes
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:38 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 928, Mucho Man Randy Passion wrote: Does anyone in my tag team have any concerns with anyone else in my tag team? Or the MUCHO MAN himself?

I'm not sure on lucca or gypyx really
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:25 pm

Post by Upwards »

In post 834, Gypyx wrote:
In post 827, Upwards wrote: Dont like Laplacians 781, Gypyx' 783, and Hu Taos 813. In ToS at least it’s considered suspicious congratulating a successful Vig since there aren’t much cheaper townpoints imaginable.
So we aren't allowed to banter anymore huh, only serious buisness
You are allowed to do whatever you want and I am allowed to think about that whatever I want. Deal?
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:52 pm

Post by Upwards »

In post 863, lucca261 wrote:
In post 816, Upwards wrote:
In post 786, lucca261 wrote:
but Margot/Upwards makes too much sense for me considering their complete lack of interaction D1, how upwards ignored the Margot wagon in its apex, cast the third vote on Gamma when Margot was the leading wagon (on E-3) to make Gamma a viable counter-wagon
the only comment Margot made on Upwards too is putting him at the null-scum slot (the classic partner position) while defending him on the whole quote

check this out
Upwards

A slot that's gotten a lot of heat. I didn't find 81 abnormal at all. Clearly nervous, but I too can remember feeling nervous as town and desperately not wanting to get eliminated first day, even if that attitude is not necessarily the most helpful for town. I think there's definitely an element of defensiveness going on (rf. 121 306 356). Read on their scum hunting is basically similar to Naerys, with the added caveat that it feels mostly externally prompted. Slot to keep an eye on, but null for the moment.
What are you doing here?

I didn’t interact with Margot, true. I also didn’t interact much with quite some other players tbh. Those that read me as null or not at all, mostly. Since that didn’t look too interesting.

I ignored the Margot wagon, true. Simply because I didn’t see much reason behind it.

I made Gamma a viable counter wagon… That’s not even really the truth is it? If you look back, what I just did, you’ll see that Margot had even 5 votes at page 7 and it took 6 more pages until I voted Gamma. I argued my case, true, but it was hardly me rushing to Margots aid. As evident by it taking 20 more pages until Gamma of all people voted Gamma to eliminate Gamma.

I’m not sure what Margots intention was when she put me in the "null-scum-slot". If that’s really the classic partner slot as you put it, that seems like the last slot I would put my buddies in as scum. Why do exactly what town expects?
Not interacting with other players? That's OK. I don't think I've had a thought about Naerys and Alianna on the last 30 pages. But not giving your opinion/interacting with the player who was, for at least 40% of D1, the leading wagon? That's not natural.

Yes, you made Gamma into a viable counter wagon. It happened on page 14.

This was the votecount at the end of page 13.

Votecount
MargotRosa
(4):
Gypyx, Laplacian,
FuDuzn
Hu Tao

lucca261
(1):
DeltaWave

Upwards
(1):
lucca261

Gamma Emerald
(1):
Alianna

Alianna
(1):
Naerys

Claptastik
(1):
Gamma Emerald

FuDuzn
(1):
MargotRosa

NOT VOTING:
Upwards, Zeb, Clap

The progression was:
  • Delta
    gives me my second vote.
    Margot
    has three votes, all unknown.
    Lucca
    has two votes, one of them being
    FuDuzn
  • FuDuzn
    switches from
    Lucca
    to
    Margot
    , putting her at E-3.
  • Clap
    immediately unvotes
    Margot
  • Hu Tao
    votes
    Margot
    , putting her back at E-3.
  • Alianna
    is being replaced. We did not know that at the time, but it would turn the
    Gamma Emerald
    RVS vote into a game-determinative vote.
On , Clap votes Gamma and starts the tunnel of death that would lead to the eventual elim. At this point, it's basically only one vote on Gamma, given that the only other vote on Gamma is Alianna on RVS. There's no guarantee that the replacement will keep voting Gamma.
Guess who makes the wagon feel heavier and puts the third/second vote onto Gamma on a moment in which Margot is at E-3? . All while stating no opinion on Margot and her wagon. Naerys does the same on , but as you know, she's town.

Your vote is basically what turns the Gamma wagon from Clap usual throwing votes around and switching them to a real possible lim.
Lucca, consider this please: You say it’s sus that I voted for Gamma at a point when Margot already was a wagon. But Margot was a wagon basically right from the start of the game, for whatever reason. So does that mean I don’t get to suspect other players than her anymore? If I see a case for Margot, I will make that case. If I see a case for another player, I will make that case, simple as that.

So in this case I saw a case for Gamma when her comment about how she’d play scum in response to me questioning her about the early townblock appeared untrustworthy to me. Not sooner, not later.
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:20 pm

Post by Upwards »

In post 865, Mucho Man Randy Passion wrote:
In post 238, Upwards wrote: just pinging you.
It's buried in my 838 so in case you don't read it I want your answer to this:
91 - I'll tell you my role. It is to RULE with the People's Elbow and rock-hard abs as I rock, sock, and rumble the scum out of the ring.
Do you like being the tiny mafia or do you prefer to DOMINATE the arena in TOS?
My favorite role in ToS is, by far, Jester, followed by Survivor and Executioner. I don’t really like other 3rd parties but those three have hilarious outplay potential in my mind, even if not many will agree with me rating Surv so high.

But I take it your question is more about Town vs Mafia. And I gotta say, it’s dependent on my mood that day. Sometimes I just wanna chill and play a solid town game and other times I’m excited to claim Jailor d1 as Mafioso to try and completely run the town. Then there are roles like Veteran and actual Jailor who’re pretty much always fun no matter what.

What I don’t like are useless Town roles like Sheriff ( way too easy to counterclaim ) or Medium ( most players dc instantly after dying ). As Mafia I don’t really care about the specific role since most of them are pretty garbage and it’s more about how you act in the day anyways.

Why would you ask?

Bottom Text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:00 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 931, Upwards wrote:
In post 827, Upwards wrote: Dont like Laplacians 781, Gypyx' 783, and Hu Taos 813. In ToS at least it’s considered suspicious congratulating a successful Vig since there aren’t much cheaper townpoints imaginable.
You are allowed to do whatever you want and I am allowed to think about that whatever I want. Deal?
Sorry i phrased that pretty badly, my main point was that non serious communication in itself isn't really alignement indicative here, mostly due to like, how big of a time frame we have to figure things out, it's not like ToS where time is very much a constraint
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:04 am

Post by Gypyx »

Hey Lucca you still wanna vote out Upwards or like, what are we doing, strongly considering making a switch onto lapla, especially given how he kind of looks like he's giving up? That fits the mental trajectory i would expect from a scumteam who's in the rough of things
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:15 am

Post by Upwards »

In post 934, Gypyx wrote:
Sorry i phrased that pretty badly, my main point was that non serious communication in itself isn't really alignement indicative here, mostly due to like, how big of a time frame we have to figure things out, it's not like ToS where time is very much a constraint
I see, good point.

So in that case I have a question for you Gypyx: What’s your stance on Pizza with Pineapple?

Bottom Text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:20 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 936, Upwards wrote:
I see, good point.

So in that case I have a question for you Gypyx: What’s your stance on Pizza with Pineapple?
Actually i have a strong opinion on that lol

most people who claim to hate pizza with pineapple only hate it cause the internet says so, this is one of the biggest nonesense debates of our modern age and i'm willing to bet a wide majority of pineapple pizza haters / lovers never tasted a single slice

anyways personally i dislike it but only cause pineapple on it's own tastes bad to me

So, are you trying to mimick my posting style or what's is going on here

bottom text
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:56 am

Post by Upwards »

In post 937, Gypyx wrote:
In post 936, Upwards wrote:
I see, good point.

Actually i have a strong opinion on that lol

most people who claim to hate pizza with pineapple only hate it cause the internet says so, this is one of the biggest nonesense debates of our modern age and i'm willing to bet a wide majority of pineapple pizza haters / lovers never tasted a single slice

anyways personally i dislike it but only cause pineapple on it's own tastes bad to me

So, are you trying to mimick my posting style or what's is going on here
Wow that is relatable.

As to what is going on, honestly I’m not quite sure. Reading your 934 that absolute meme of a question just popped up in my brain and I just couldn’t bring myself not to ask it, even though it is pretty pointless.

Bottom Text
Mucho Man Randy Passion
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:34 am

In post 933, Upwards wrote:
In post 865, Mucho Man Randy Passion wrote:
In post 238, Upwards wrote: just pinging you.
It's buried in my 838 so in case you don't read it I want your answer to this:
91 - I'll tell you my role. It is to RULE with the People's Elbow and rock-hard abs as I rock, sock, and rumble the scum out of the ring.
Do you like being the tiny mafia or do you prefer to DOMINATE the arena in TOS?
My favorite role in ToS is, by far, Jester, followed by Survivor and Executioner. I don’t really like other 3rd parties but those three have hilarious outplay potential in my mind, even if not many will agree with me rating Surv so high.

But I take it your question is more about Town vs Mafia. And I gotta say, it’s dependent on my mood that day. Sometimes I just wanna chill and play a solid town game and other times I’m excited to claim Jailor d1 as Mafioso to try and completely run the town. Then there are roles like Veteran and actual Jailor who’re pretty much always fun no matter what.

What I don’t like are useless Town roles like Sheriff ( way too easy to counterclaim ) or Medium ( most players dc instantly after dying ). As Mafia I don’t really care about the specific role since most of them are pretty garbage and it’s more about how you act in the day anyways.

Why would you ask?
Some people disparaged 91 on the first DAY. Hu Tao called it FORCED. Memory FAILS the MUCHO MAN, but others also commented. NONE identified WHY it was forced. Uppercutwards' 91 BRIMS with excitement. The FORCED CONSTRUCTION of your wall of words CANNOT HIDE the PASSION seeping from you.

Like the MUCHO MAN, you post in a CHARACTERISTIC manner. As 91 was your first post, the HIDDEN PASSION was almost certainly related to your ALIGNMENT and ROLE. Many new players would COWER at the tiny mafia role PM. Not Uppercutwards. This PASSION could come from either alignment.

Spoiler: REFRESH YOURSELVES
In post 91, Upwards wrote: Day 1 Vet Bait here, TP/LO on me. Oh wait, wrong game.

Alrighty, so here we are, my first ever comment in my first ever Mafia game. Super excited to try this out, hope I find the time to properly contribute.

I found this site by reading about a funny jester role in a Mafia game with 100 players, and then I kinda got hooked and read the whole thing. It was interesting. My main takeaway was that the dude with the Majoras Mask Profil picture was right, town needs to rule with an iron fist. Less chitty chatty, more substance.

That said, seeing as I’m new to this I obviously don’t intend to tell others how to play. Not like I’d be familiar with the normal meta here already. In Town of Salem which is my main experience with this sort of genre so far it would be customary to start by going down the playerlist asking for roles, but from what I understand that’s not how it works here?

So I guess I will just start talking about things I find notable reading the previous conversations. Please let me know if you think anything about the points I am making or if I am mistaken in some way.

GL,HF
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:20 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Mucho Man, do you think PoP is tiny mafia or ripped strong town?
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Mucho Man Randy Passion
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:28 am

UNVOTE:

I'm rereading my ISO and zebedee/PoP to answer DW, and my Laplacian vote basically boils down to a couple of bad vibes and him being in the middle of the nulls on MR's list. Kinda arbitrary and WEAK - I managed to CONFIRMATIONALLY BIAS myself into voting Lap.
Mucho Man Randy Passion
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:28 am

Out of time right now though.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:05 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 887, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 881, Prince of Paterson wrote: I didn't like Delta's readlist in , and didn't feel like the town variety of defensiveness.
Oh sure. Is it because I shaded your predecessor before the day was over? In case anyone forgot, Zebedee sat out the whole Gamma/Margot competing wagons by parking his vote on me with zero explanation given and after only mentioning me a grand total of twice in the entire game at that point. (Once to say that I didn't produce content until I was "shoved", which isn't true, and then to make claim that Clap was scum with me for some reason.)

Or in other words,
it sounds like Zebedee was trying to find a reason to sit on the sidelines of the whole controversy. Didn't want to be on the Gamma wagon and didn't want to bus Margot at the same time.

Still need to fully catch up because I'm between meetings but this seems pretty good for now. Definitely not voting Clap/Macho Man today. I thought Hu was scum at first but I'm warming up to Hu!Town.

VOTE: Prince of Patterson
I would disagree about Zeb trying to sit on the sidelines. He voted Gamma, putting him at E-1 (if I'm correct), only unvoting after a lengthy discussion with her.

Don't really see scum!Zeb, on his first game, engaging on a one-on-one with 70k posts town!Gamma, while putting him on E-1, only to unvote her at the end, given that Zeb's slot was pretty much universally townread at the time. A much easier thing to do would be to vote Gamma because of the whole townblock, lurk for the rest of D1 and call it a day.
cê filma e fala?

tu é o bixão mesmo hein doido
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:06 am

Post by Enchant »

VOTE: Mucho Man

I smell cowardice behind boast.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:07 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 915, Laplacian wrote:
In post 842, lucca261 wrote:
In post 795, Laplacian wrote:
In post 792, Enchant wrote:
My opinion is pretty clear.

VOTE: Laplacian
Great first impression, especially when you replaced into a slot that HuDuzn had suspicions of. (, )
In post 796, Laplacian wrote: Also, setup speculation since DE70 was has past games in his sig.

His 2 games leaned towards lots of weaker roles, with lots of use or time restrictions. This matches maf's 1 shot jug, so I'd expect them to have 1 more PR waiting. Rolecop could make sense with the 4+ town PRs I'm assuming.

We definitely have a bodyguard or doc because of the jug. From the two one-shot roles, this game fits the weaker roles meta. I'd guess 1 more solid role or 2 weak ones, probably including a limited investigator either way.
It's the second time Lap answered a vote with a out-of-nowhere super defensive OMGUS that makes zero sense and them they immediately follow it with a setup speculation that could only benefit mafia
then on the next post he gets pre-emptively defensive about it

with all due respect Lap this is so incredibly scummy that I could only see it coming from town in a weird way
Also quoting the same post, the "out-of-nowhere" is because I was reading FD's iso. Three people he was scumleaning were me, Alianna (now Enchant), and Clap (now MMRP). I don't think it's coincidence that 2 of the 3 sus reads of our dead tracker are both pushing me right out the gate.
think about this lap

isn't more likely that if someone killed FD afraid of his reads it would been, you know... margot? the one he was voting for the whole D1? that we know was confirmed scum?
cê filma e fala?

lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:10 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 928, Mucho Man Randy Passion wrote: Does anyone in my tag team have any concerns with anyone else in my tag team? Or the MUCHO MAN himself?

think Clap is a very viable partner for Margot even if he started the wagon on the first place tbh
so I'm definitely concerned

but this is a question for D3!Lucca to think about honestly
cê filma e fala?

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:34 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 944, Enchant wrote: VOTE: Mucho Man

Do you really think today is the day we do such a wagon?

bottom text
Mucho Man Randy Passion
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Mucho Man Randy Passion
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:35 am

In post 944, Enchant wrote: VOTE: Mucho Man

The MUCHO MAN does not COWER. The MUCHO MAN emanates PASSION and GREATNESS, and STOPS the tiny mafia in their tracks
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:36 am

Post by lucca261 »

If your read on Margot, who is the leading wagon for half of D1, is null, wouldn't you trying to engage with her? Or at least ask about what other players are seeing about her? I know that you asked me to clarify why was voting Laplacian on . And Naerys about HT on . Just two examples.

If you see that someone is scumreading her for "whatever reason", and I'm quoting you, wouldn't you... ask? It seems inconsistent with your behavior.

The only time you referenced her (directly or indirectly) was in . If someone was to read only your posts on the game, they would not even know Margot was also playing. And at one point, she had five votes. I mean, Margot was pretty important to the story of D1 in general. Sorry, but this, combined with the vote, makes me suspicious.
cê filma e fala?

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”