micro 1096: planned idea [game over]

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Two Level 1 Rogues
Two Level 1 Rogues
Townie
Two Level 1 Rogues
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:12 pm

Post by Two Level 1 Rogues »

In post 321, Flare Fluff wrote: I always scum read replacements and once when Margot is done with her catchup and reads list I'm probably going to scum read her too.

- A
In post 323, Black wrote:
In post 321, Flare Fluff wrote: I always scum read replacements and once when Margot is done with her catchup and reads list I'm probably going to scum read her too.

- A
I don't like how preemptive this feels. Why do you always scumread replacements?
Black kind of put exactly into words my first reaction to this post. Your responses I guess I could see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure how you seem adamant that you don't understand how this could come across as weird?
In post 326, Flare Fluff wrote:
In post 323, Black wrote:

- A
I don't like how preemptive this feels. Why do you always scumread replacements?
It's the way how they give out their reads afterwards when they are done catching up and I scum read replacements who don't bother on catching up which looks like they are not trying to figure out the game.

- A
Like, the way this is worded outright sounds like you have already decided you're scumreading the slot no matter what? I understand your point in , but I don't understand how you're so adamant that Black misreading/misunderstanding your posts, when this is tbh kind of ambiguous, makes you hard scumread her?
In post 352, Flare Fluff wrote: I'm not liking how HPE is piggy backing off of Black.

- A
Is piggybacking somebody inherently scummy?

- Theran
Hydra of Thomith (He/They) and DragonEater70 (He/Him)

"Did you just say 'dangerous'? I'm in!"
- Corinne

"Why would I plan when I can just improvise?"
- Theran
Two Level 1 Rogues
Two Level 1 Rogues
Townie
Two Level 1 Rogues
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:21 pm

I want to townread Black because posts like and feel like she is trying to solve but posts like , and kind of scum ping me a little?

Again, maybe it's because I clocked the shadow wagon as a joke, but I do see this as a potentially easy/potentially opportunistic way to jump onto Tris?

I do need to reread that part of the thread though, because while I only remember Black being one of the people to be vocal about it, I want to make sure I didn't miss anything, and see how I feel about the vibe of those posts on a reread, to see if i do feel diferent than I did in the moment.

- Theran

- Corinne

- Theran
Two Level 1 Rogues
Two Level 1 Rogues
Townie
Two Level 1 Rogues
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:22 pm

In post 319, MargotRosa wrote: Ok, initial thoughts are that the solve is in Black or HPE (one of the two, not both), TL1R and Shadow.

Ausuka is easy Town Lock and Koba's play seems too natural to me. It's been a while, and I'm rusty as hell with a bad streak thus far in the return, so take it all with a grain of salt, and I'll do another reread later today
Why do you think there's a scum between us and Shadow?

- Theran

- Corinne

- Theran
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:48 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 320, Flare Fluff wrote: I don't like how Ausuka just now avoided my question and instead she answers me with something else and it looks like she misrepped me.

- A
I definitely did not avoid the question lol. This interaction has been ... something.
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:01 am

Post by DkKoba »

:3
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:18 am

Post by Ausuka »

i think there's a pattern where flare is just pushing anyone who expresses suspicion on them by calling that suspicion bad and it's making them (and honestly also the thread) difficult to read

I would like to hear more about how margot thinks I am the towniest town to ever town potentially ever
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

I disagee
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Two Level 1 Rogues
Two Level 1 Rogues
Townie
Two Level 1 Rogues
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:08 am

In post 381, DkKoba wrote: I disagee
Why do you disagree?

- Theran

- Corinne

- Theran
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:32 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 381, DkKoba wrote: I disagee
I disagee with your disageement
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:37 am

Post by Black »

In post 333, Flare Fluff wrote:
In post 329, Black wrote: VOTE: Flare Fluff

It feels like they are positioning themselves to hop on the Roden/Margot wagon

Plus I kinda wanna let Margot cook
That's not positioning on what I did. It was talking about my experience about replacements and I recently had an experience with a replacement I had from a completed game I felt bad about myself.

- A
In post 334, Flare Fluff wrote:
In post 329, Black wrote: VOTE: Flare Fluff

It feels like they are positioning themselves to hop on the Roden/Margot wagon

Plus I kinda wanna let Margot cook

you and ausuka have been on A about off, and now your narrating she positioning herself when she was previous explaining her reasons. lol if i didn't know better maybe you to are itching to get town out.

how many games have you played with A?

~H
Sure, if you're town then it wasn't positioning. But if you're scum then I think the whole "I always scumread replacements" and "I'll probably scumread Margot too" thing was meant to set yourself up to hop on a mobile wagon
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:39 am

Post by Black »

In post 335, Flare Fluff wrote:
In post 328, Black wrote: But surely you've seen town replacements that have done both things before. It happens quite often. So it doesn't really make sense for you to automatically scumread replacements
this is normal thing, imo. and seen people not liking scum roles only to sub out. it basically 50/50 but seen it more on other forums.

~H
I don't think it's normal to always scumread replacements, especially if, after awhile, you start to notice that there are townies doing the things you are suspicious of (posting reads after catching up, or not catching up at all)

Even if replacements are scum half of the time like you are suggesting (which I disagree with btw, at least in my experience replacements have been town like 80% of the time), I still don't think that's a good reason to scumread someone
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:42 am

Post by Black »

In post 344, Flare Fluff wrote: ok lmao with black! seriously!

you have been voting on off, on wagons Xd while accusing A, of doing this! A chan, on the other hand is voting someone she suspects.
Huh? I accused A of positioning herself to join the leading wagon. I don't think there is a correlation between what I've done this game and what A is doing with her Margot read
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:46 am

Post by Black »

In post 365, Flare Fluff wrote:
In post 363, HighPrincessErinys wrote: There is yet to be a good argument made against me.
The problem with you is your town lock on Shadow still doesn't make sense to me. You town lock Shadow because the players voting him at rvs can't be scum with him and the players who didn't vote Shadow can't be scum with him because you town read 2 of the players who didn't vote him and the other 2 players who didn't vote Shadow you are not town reading which are the 2 hydras and you didn't explain on why Shadow can't be paired with the 2 hydras.

- A
In post 366, Flare Fluff wrote: It has gotten me wondering if you have been fabricating reads because of this.

- A
Why do you seem to have an issue with HPE townlocking Shaddow but you don't seem concerned that Margot is townlocking Ausuka? Especially considering you are suspicious of both Margot and Ausuka. I feel like town!you would have asked Margot about her read there
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:47 am

Post by Black »

Low-key paranoid that HPE might be trying to pocket me with the synergy stuff but I do town lean it so I'm going to wave this thought off for now
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:50 am

Post by Black »

In post 376, Two Level 1 Rogues wrote: Again, maybe it's because I clocked the shadow wagon as a joke, but I do see this as a potentially easy/potentially opportunistic way to jump onto Tris?
I thought tris was being serious with her read, and in that world I feel like it was a scummy read. I didn't even jump onto tris though so I'm not sure why you are scumreading this
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:34 am

Post by tris »

hi my power went out last night. my phone is low on battery. i will get back to this game once i can get it charged more
here's what it says
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:36 am

Post by Skygazer »

votecount 1.10

MargotRosa (2) - HighPrincessErinys, shaddowez
Ausuka (2) - Two Level 1 Rogues, Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff (2) - Ausuka, Black
HighPrincessErinys (1) - MargotRosa
Two Level 1 Rogues (1) - tris
tris (1) - DkKoba

not voting
(0) -

with nine alive, it takes five to deprive. day one ends in (expired on 2024-01-21 23:15:00).

mod notes:
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:29 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 258, Ausuka wrote:
In post 251, Two Level 1 Rogues wrote: Huh? Have you ever had a thought like that as scum and then worked backwards from there??? That's not something that scum players do.
Yes? Literally all the time?
I think that figuring out how to get to a desired outcome is highly common - for instance, at end game scum probably have a pretty good idea of who they want with them, so then they have to figure out how to lim the rest of town.
@Rogues
why don't you think scum would work backwards?
In post 260, Ausuka wrote:
In post 243, shaddowez wrote:
In post 239, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 238, shaddowez wrote: I realize you talked with Black about this a little bit, but can you elaborate on your word choice here? Getting absolutely no information based on the quick day (outside of my flip) is one thing, but I don't see that as "Terrifying".
It's a terrifying implication as to the ability of town if they let it happen and pass D1 by with no info but a probable greenflip gained.
Makes sense. Also +1 TR, because I don't feel scum would have had that sort of answer readily enough to answer as quickly as HPE did.
You don't think scum would be able to explain why they don't think quick-elimination on page 5 is a good idea?
Oh, they certainly can. However, I think scum are usually more intentional about what they say, and since the word it used and the reasoning they gave didn't quite mesh at first, the speed at which they were able to reconcile the two struck me as town.

More to come after work meetings
V/LA on Weekends
Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/them or she/her

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:42 am

Post by Flare Fluff »

In post 375, Two Level 1 Rogues wrote: Is piggybacking somebody inherently scummy?

- Theran
If the player is just going to piggyback without giving their own takes then yes it does look scummy. I don't recall seeing HPE give a single take that is not about wagons. It said it gave takes when it was arguing with Roden. I have read this interaction 3 times and it just looks like they are attacking each other. An interaction like that they had was not helpful for me on getting a read out of that.

- A
Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:44 am

Post by Flare Fluff »

In post 386, Black wrote:
In post 344, Flare Fluff wrote: ok lmao with black! seriously!

you have been voting on off, on wagons Xd while accusing A, of doing this! A chan, on the other hand is voting someone she suspects.
Huh? I accused A of positioning herself to join the leading wagon. I don't think there is a correlation between what I've done this game and what A is doing with her Margot read
I never gave a read on Margot. I don't like how you made this up.

- A
Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:47 am

Post by Flare Fluff »

In post 387, Black wrote:
In post 365, Flare Fluff wrote:
In post 363, HighPrincessErinys wrote: There is yet to be a good argument made against me.
The problem with you is your town lock on Shadow still doesn't make sense to me. You town lock Shadow because the players voting him at rvs can't be scum with him and the players who didn't vote Shadow can't be scum with him because you town read 2 of the players who didn't vote him and the other 2 players who didn't vote Shadow you are not town reading which are the 2 hydras and you didn't explain on why Shadow can't be paired with the 2 hydras.

- A
In post 366, Flare Fluff wrote: It has gotten me wondering if you have been fabricating reads because of this.

- A
Why do you seem to have an issue with HPE townlocking Shaddow but you don't seem concerned that Margot is townlocking Ausuka? Especially considering you are suspicious of both Margot and Ausuka. I feel like town!you would have asked Margot about her read there
Margot literally said in the thread she will talk about her read on Ausuka and I wanted to wait and see what she says. If I disagree on the read and it's not convincing for me then I will talk about it with her.

- A
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:48 am

Post by Black »

- A
This is what I'm referring to re: your Margot read. You don't have one yet but you are setting yourself up to scumread her, which I read as opportunistic

I would like H to explain why she thinks what we are doing is similar
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Two Level 1 Rogues
Two Level 1 Rogues
Townie
Two Level 1 Rogues
Townie
Townie

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:50 am

On a very brief skim of thread, I think FF's 1v1 with Black feels very towny for FF and probably also towny for Black.

Might tryhard later, but that's all for today.

@Black, Flare Fluff - What do you think about the two leading wagons?

- Corinne

- Corinne

- Theran
Two Level 1 Rogues
Two Level 1 Rogues
Townie
Two Level 1 Rogues
Townie
Townie

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:50 am

In post 392, shaddowez wrote: I think that figuring out how to get to a desired outcome is highly common - for instance, at end game scum probably have a pretty good idea of who they want with them, so then they have to figure out how to lim the rest of town. @Rogues
why don't you think scum would work backwards?
I never had a thought process like this as scum?

- Corinne

- Theran
Flare Fluff
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Flare Fluff
They/them or she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:50 am

Post by Flare Fluff »

I'm not here to put too much pressure on a replacement like that so fast and I wanted to give her time to catch up.

- A

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”