Black (1):
ProjEctRy
ProjEctRy (1):
Black
Psyche (1):
bugspray

Not Voting (5):
Hu Tao, ssbm_Kyouko, Luca Blight, Jacob24, DeltaWave

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to secure an execution.

Day One ends in (expired on 2024-02-03 02:13:32)

Mod NotesNone
Last edited by Thomith on Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:15 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 72, Black wrote:
In post 71, ketchup777 wrote: On a more relevant note, the only person yet to post is ssbm_Kyouko.
Do you think this says anything about her alignment?
I thought more likely to be mafia, although I just saw she hasn't actually confirmed her role yet so I guess there's nothing to read into it
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:20 am

Post by Black »

Sure you can have town points for that

I don't really think not posting right after the game starts is alignment indicative. There's a good chance kyouko just hasn't been on the site yet today
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:24 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 77, Black wrote: Sure you can have town points for that

I don't really think not posting right after the game starts is alignment indicative. There's a good chance kyouko just hasn't been on the site yet today
sure (:
this is my first game so i probs have some bad misconceptions forming in my mind
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:35 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

damn it I just realized I can't rely on someone to start making ludicrous claims and slipping here
aaaa
iavh is slightly annoyed
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:55 am

Post by Psyche »

do ludicrous claims usually come from scum in your games
You can't step in the same river twice.
Jacob24
Jacob24
Goon
Jacob24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:00 am

Post by Jacob24 »

In post 37, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 19, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 14, OutWorldER wrote: drew is town and one of bugspray/psyche is scum, leaning bugspray

mafia is such an easy game

VOTE: bugspray
I have the same thoughts as this, actually. Although I'm leaning more towards psyche being scum, at the moment.
I mostly agree with Luca on this. From the few games I looked at before this, the mafia tend to just lurk in the shadows at the start while town do a good job of killing themselves off. So I was inclined to be less suspicious of whoever responded first (drew/bugspray/psyche). While bugspray could well be bluffing with the question I just thought it was more likely they were town. However, I think it's either psyche or none of them, and that at least two of the mafia are currently lurking in the shadows. I chose a random lurker (jacob) to start off, who seemed perhaps to be a bit annoyed that I had voted him? Maybe because he's mafia? who knows
I saw that you voted me but didn't give it much thought. Everyone tosses out votes at the beginning so it didn't really bother me much.
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:13 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 80, Psyche wrote: do ludicrous claims usually come from scum in your games
yea chat mafia is so bad I won december lb
iavh is slightly annoyed
Jacob24
Jacob24
Goon
Jacob24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:16 am

Post by Jacob24 »

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:33 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 44, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 18, DeltaWave wrote: If you kick out all the multitaskers, then who is going to do multiple night actions, moderator? in the sense that -

I'm trying to make sense of this post. Could this be a scum pt slip? A casual question to the mod like this, cut off mid post.

Why does she think the multitaskers are being kicked out? It's as though she is reading another thread, or am I missing something here?
LOL it's a meme https://youtu.be/a8INEYLFWwc?si=JUlL5q0mCHUheIvr
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:29 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 16, Psyche wrote:
In post 14, OutWorldER wrote: one of bugspray/psyche is scum, leaning bugspray
how does this kind of either/or read happen
bugspray's comment I do think is scummy and performative: to ask the question genuinely in the first place would require them to believe that the NRG (3 people) + listmod signed off on a game that had a role which is no longer normal/considered simple. It comes off to me as faking a dumbtell and also as a way to say "hey if I was scum I could've just asked this in scum PT".

But it being a genuine brainfart is
not
outside the realm of possibility. I've had dumber moments in my time playing mafia. If this is the case than you, Psyche, could very easily be scum trying to capitalize on a townie blunder, which is how I arrived at the either/or read since at the time I posted that your vote looked a bit more thought out than Drew's; Drew's looked more like a kneejerk reaction and it's why I lean town on him.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:50 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 37, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 19, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 14, OutWorldER wrote: drew is town and one of bugspray/psyche is scum, leaning bugspray

mafia is such an easy game

I have the same thoughts as this, actually. Although I'm leaning more towards psyche being scum, at the moment.
I mostly agree with Luca on this. From the few games I looked at before this, the mafia tend to just lurk in the shadows at the start while town do a good job of killing themselves off. So I was inclined to be less suspicious of whoever responded first (drew/bugspray/psyche). While bugspray could well be bluffing with the question I just thought it was more likely they were town. However, I think it's either psyche or none of them, and that at least two of the mafia are currently lurking in the shadows. I chose a random lurker (jacob) to start off, who seemed perhaps to be a bit annoyed that I had voted him? Maybe because he's mafia? who knows
strong newbscum vibes from this post. Describing someone as a "random lurker" on the 37th post of the game, when a good chunk of players may not have even had the chance to participate yet, is quite strange, and the reads here feel fake, like ketchup is simply trying to emulate the mafia players they were witnessing in games he had read. Describing Jacob as "annoyed" with their vote also seems off-base with Jacob's actual posts before this one.
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:25 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 86, OutWorldER wrote:
strong newbscum vibes from this post. Describing someone as a "random lurker" on the 37th post of the game, when a good chunk of players may not have even had the chance to participate yet, is quite strange, and the reads here feel fake, like ketchup is simply trying to emulate the mafia players they were witnessing in games he had read. Describing Jacob as "annoyed" with their vote also seems off-base with Jacob's actual posts before this one.
Ok I might have been a bit fast and loose with my terminology I apologise. I meant, a randomly (well with psychic feel ofc ofc) selected person from anyone who hadn't posted yet, knowing that many of them are completely innocent. The post I was targeting was the quote below...
In post 30, Jacob24 wrote: These early reads seem a bit mindless… let’s slow down a bit and think about it.

I’m here by the way.
...two things stand out to me.
One, the use of 'let's' rather than formulating it as a question like 'can we slow down a bit and think about it?' seems a bit controlling, like mafia trying to redirect the flow of the game? (again I reiterate these are just speculations).
Two, the sentence 'I'm here by the way' being thrown on to the end as like a throwaway kinda feels like a mafia member going through the mental checklist of things they need to do (type a message in the thread: check!), especially after I explicitly stated that I'd be on the lookout for non-posters.
Plus just the overall feel of the first sentence gives off annoyed vibes, mindless being quite a negative word.

thanks for putting some guilt on me tho I don't wanna be killed on night 1 xxx
Jacob24
Jacob24
Goon
Jacob24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:33 am

Post by Jacob24 »

In post 87, ketchup777 wrote:
Ok I might have been a bit fast and loose with my terminology I apologise. I meant, a randomly (well with psychic feel ofc ofc) selected person from anyone who hadn't posted yet, knowing that many of them are completely innocent. The post I was targeting was the quote below...
In post 30, Jacob24 wrote: These early reads seem a bit mindless… let’s slow down a bit and think about it.

I’m here by the way.
One, the use of 'let's' rather than formulating it as a question like 'can we slow down a bit and think about it?' seems a bit controlling, like mafia trying to redirect the flow of the game? (again I reiterate these are just speculations).
Two, the sentence 'I'm here by the way' being thrown on to the end as like a throwaway kinda feels like a mafia member going through the mental checklist of things they need to do (type a message in the thread: check!), especially after I explicitly stated that I'd be on the lookout for non-posters.
Plus just the overall feel of the first sentence gives off annoyed vibes, mindless being quite a negative word.

It was intended to be somewhat controlling, since I wanted to try and get things under control. I am a very logic-based person so I wanted to really flesh out the arguments and such.

I think the questions you're asking are fine, but you're digging in a bit much. For right now, I'm with Luca in voting for bugspray but I may acknowledge some other notions as to the scum identity.
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:33 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

get a pfp
iavh is slightly annoyed
Jacob24
Jacob24
Goon
Jacob24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:39 am

Post by Jacob24 »

better?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:08 am

Post by Psyche »

yes!
You can't step in the same river twice.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:06 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I’m here by the way.
In post 88, Jacob24 wrote:

I’m here by the way.

It was intended to be somewhat controlling, since I wanted to try and get things under control. I am a very logic-based person so I wanted to really flesh out the arguments and such.

I think the questions you're asking are fine, but you're digging in a bit much. For right now, I'm with Luca in voting for bugspray but I may acknowledge some other notions as to the scum identity.
yeah Jacob's probably town
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:13 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 85, OutWorldER wrote:
bugspray's comment I do think is scummy and performative: to ask the question genuinely in the first place would require them to believe that the NRG (3 people) + listmod signed off on a game that had a role which is no longer normal/considered simple. It comes off to me as faking a dumbtell and also as a way to say "hey if I was scum I could've just asked this in scum PT".

not
outside the realm of possibility. I've had dumber moments in my time playing mafia. If this is the case than you, Psyche, could very easily be scum trying to capitalize on a townie blunder, which is how I arrived at the either/or read since at the time I posted that your vote looked a bit more thought out than Drew's; Drew's looked more like a kneejerk reaction and it's why I lean town on him.
you are seriously misrepping this. people make mistakes very frequently. there is so mental gymnastics to ignore occam's razor. i had the concern the moment i read the game thread after checking my role pm and decided to immediately ask it publicly
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:14 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I’m here by the way.

"trying to redirect the flow of the game" to what end? I need you to answer that because I can only think of one scenario that would be the case, and in that scenario it would mean your stated townlean on bugspray makes no sense.

"thanks for putting some guilt on me tho I don't wanna be killed on night 1 xxx" this feels incredibly fake
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:15 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 83, Jacob24 wrote: VOTE: bugspray
i'm in yeet-1
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:18 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 95, bugspray wrote:
In post 83, Jacob24 wrote: VOTE: bugspray
i'm in yeet-1
it's 7 to hammer
as far as i can see it's 4 now
iavh is slightly annoyed
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:18 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 93, bugspray wrote:
In post 85, OutWorldER wrote:

not
you are seriously misrepping this. people make mistakes very frequently. there is so mental gymnastics to ignore occam's razor. i had the concern the moment i read the game thread after checking my role pm and decided to immediately ask it publicly
how I am misrepping it when I outright acknowledge the possibility of it being a mistake and mentioned that Psyche might be scum because of it?
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:19 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 88, Jacob24 wrote:

sure! sorry if it seemed like I was tunneling on you. I'll lay off for a bit. Not going to jump on the bugswagon because I'm unconvinced bugs is mafia. let's not yeet our good friends now guys.

UNVOTE:
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:20 am

Post by ketchup777 »

oop am i supposed to put a player name after the unvote?
UNVOTE: Jacob24

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”