Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:51 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 470, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 440, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 352, OutWorldER wrote: VOTE: ketchup

i think this is a better vote by far right now

OutWorld, you've seen me catch Bugs first-hand in such a manner in the game I linked earlier, and you've been suspicious of that slot as well since the beginning of the game. Let's eliminate Dann today and ketchup's alignment will become clearer as a result.
Ehh...again, like I said, the way ketchup is playing around the Dann lim feels less like he townreads him and more that he's simply informed Dann is town. Limming ketchup here is smarter because of that, at least how I see it.

And frankly, after being able to sleep on it, I just don't think the case is all that you've cracked it up to be. Bugspray was independently scummy in this game, I agree with that, but I also agree with Dann's in that they also just didn't really get a chance to play the game. Dann's play so far has been a lot townier and I feel like letting him cook for a bit longer.

pedit:bruh
You sus me for toe reading Dan when you’re townreading Dan??
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:52 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 475, ketchup777 wrote:

OutWorld, you've seen me catch Bugs first-hand in such a manner in the game I linked earlier, and you've been suspicious of that slot as well since the beginning of the game. Let's eliminate Dann today and ketchup's alignment will become clearer as a result.
Ehh...again, like I said, the way ketchup is playing around the Dann lim feels less like he townreads him and more that he's simply informed Dann is town. Limming ketchup here is smarter because of that, at least how I see it.

And frankly, after being able to sleep on it, I just don't think the case is all that you've cracked it up to be. Bugspray was independently scummy in this game, I agree with that, but I also agree with Dann's in that they also just didn't really get a chance to play the game. Dann's play so far has been a lot townier and I feel like letting him cook for a bit longer.

townreading* lmao
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:52 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 344, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 341, Dannflor wrote: ower are you scum reading me
I was scumreading bugs and that largely carried over to you

it might be shifting though because I'm mulling over in my head if ketchup's post implies being informed about your alignment

This is so fake. It's such a weak excuse to drop his suspicion of Dann and wagon Ketchup instead.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:55 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I mean, yes, you're correct in that I wasn't really committed to the Bugs wagon; It was the first vote I made this game off of some slightly-better-than-rvs reasoning. You're also correct in that for the most part I've wanted to switch my vote to ketchup for a while now; I didn't previously because I still had the feeling that Bugs/Dann could flip scum and didn't want to dilute the votes by pushing a vanity wagon. I now feel that Dann's less likely to flip scum and so I switched to ketchup.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:01 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 478, OutWorldER wrote: I mean, yes, you're correct in that I wasn't really committed to the Bugs wagon; It was the first vote I made this game off of some slightly-better-than-rvs reasoning. You're also correct in that for the most part I've wanted to switch my vote to ketchup for a while now; I didn't previously because I still had the feeling that Bugs/Dann could flip scum and didn't want to dilute the votes by pushing a vanity wagon. I now feel that Dann's less likely to flip scum and so I switched to ketchup.
No, I think if you were town and genuinely scumread ketchup more then you would have voted him earlier. The reason you stayed on the Bugs wagon as long as you did was because you were worried about how it might be perceived - Bugs at one point probably seemed like an irredeemable slot, and you needed to be seen to be pushing that elimination. You tested the waters by seeing if Black could be persuaded into voting Ketchup, and then otherwise waited until Dann replaced in, at which point you so eagerly jumped from that wagon while using flimsy reasoning regarding Ketchup's .
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:22 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Scum is Dann/OutWorld + one of: Delta, Project, iavh, Psyche, Gypyx. My guess is that Delta is the last scum, but there's not much to go on. Psyche is a real possibility too, actually.

I'm off to bed now.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:49 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 479, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 478, OutWorldER wrote: I mean, yes, you're correct in that I wasn't really committed to the Bugs wagon; It was the first vote I made this game off of some slightly-better-than-rvs reasoning. You're also correct in that for the most part I've wanted to switch my vote to ketchup for a while now; I didn't previously because I still had the feeling that Bugs/Dann could flip scum and didn't want to dilute the votes by pushing a vanity wagon. I now feel that Dann's less likely to flip scum and so I switched to ketchup.
No, I think if you were town and genuinely scumread ketchup more then you would have voted him earlier. The reason you stayed on the Bugs wagon as long as you did was because you were worried about how it might be perceived - Bugs at one point probably seemed like an irredeemable slot, and you needed to be seen to be pushing that elimination. You tested the waters by seeing if Black could be persuaded into voting Ketchup, and then otherwise waited until Dann replaced in, at which point you so eagerly jumped from that wagon while using flimsy reasoning regarding Ketchup's .
I stayed on Bugs as long as I did because I felt, at that time, Bugs's slot could've flipped scum, so even though I scumread ketchup I didn't feel a reason to switch. My vote can't be in two places at once, so I had a choice between voting on a wagon that I felt reasonably good about, with a wagon composition containing nobody that I outright suspected, or I could push my own vanity wagon that nobody else seemed to want. I chose to play with the team and consolidate on Bugs. Now I feel like the team is wrong and I want to wagon elsewhere, because I think Dann is townier than his predecessor, and I think ketchup's interactions towards Dann feel like scum playing around a highly SR'd townie.

These are the actual reasons that I have for my vote switching in the way it did, and instead of considering any of that it feels like you're only considering worlds where I'm scum and I have an ulterior agenda, instead of the actual reality which is that I'm town and I simply disagree with your read.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:50 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I'm not suspecting you for "townreading" Dann, and I think I've made that point entirely clear multiple times. There's a difference between townreading somebody and simply knowing that they will flip town. The former is standard, the latter is a perspective slip.
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:52 am

Post by ketchup777 »

OutWorld, you've seen me catch Bugs first-hand in such a manner in the game I linked earlier, and you've been suspicious of that slot as well since the beginning of the game.
Let's eliminate Dann today and ketchup's alignment will become clearer as a result
In post 347, OutWorldER wrote: thats another thing too
it kinda feels like ketchup knows that dann flips town
In post 181, Luca Blight wrote: *Makes no sense at this stage, that should have read.

For some reason,
Bugs asking Ketchup if they were an alt pinged me as a potential partner interaction at that point in time as well

I just wanted to say that if Ketchup is indeed scum, then you're doing a terrific job! Just don't defend your buddy so obviously next time ;)
I know you didn't write both sides of the argument, but it seems like I'm getting condemned if Dann gets voted out whatever he flips. If he's mafia, I didn't vote him because I was his teamie. If he's town, I didn't vote him because I knew he was town and was trying to look good.

I may full well be responsible for driving myself into this corner, but if Dann does eventually end up getting flipped, I'm interested how I can emerge in a positive light.

It would've been prime time to jump on the Bugswagon (before the replacement happened) if I wanted to not look guilty as a mafia. But I assure you, I've sticked to not voting him because I don't want to be a lazy sheep townie, even though I feared I might incriminate myself a bit.

Also heads up, for this weekend only I will be a lot less active from around 10am GBT - 10pm GBT, as meeting with friends and stuff. But I'll try make sure I can always get something in mornings and afternoons and I'll still read everything obvs (:
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:00 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 482, OutWorldER wrote:

I'm not suspecting you for "townreading" Dann, and I think I've made that point entirely clear multiple times. There's a difference between townreading somebody and simply knowing that they will flip town. The former is standard, the latter is a perspective slip.
Ok. Well, I don't know that Dan will flip town for the record. I was just considering one of two possible scenarios.
If he flips mafia I was already aware I am going to look sus, and that's unfortunate.
If he flips town I am apparently also going to look sus.

Getting in now that at least one of
DeltaWave/OutWorldEr/ProjectRy

is extremely likely to be mafia,

I don't think I've been sus enough to merit three people targeting me, an innocent townie
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:37 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 452, Hu Tao wrote: Dann is good at wiggling out of bad situations, but bug was scummy from their first post. Also with the meta involved.
where is bug's second scummy post
You can't step in the same river twice.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:46 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think I'm writing off OWER as town actually

I think OWER has a kind of anxiety when he is scum about how he looks optically that isn't really present here and in his interactions with Luca
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:48 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 485, Psyche wrote:
In post 452, Hu Tao wrote: Dann is good at wiggling out of bad situations, but bug was scummy from their first post. Also with the meta involved.
where is bug's second scummy post
Psyche do you have like any fresh suspicions or places you want to move your vote?

I feel like you are very much playing this game as a periphery spectator which is maybe just how you want to approach the game but it makes it hard to get a bead on you
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:49 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 484, ketchup777 wrote: Getting in now that at least one of
DeltaWave/OutWorldEr/ProjectRy

is extremely likely to be mafia,

I don't think I've been sus enough to merit three people targeting me, an innocent townie
:thinking:
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:51 am

Post by Dannflor »

ketchup I know you said you were gonna be less active or the weekend but i would really like if you expand what you think of my slot

specifically why you are town reading me

and I'd love it if you could avoid referring to the replace out in the read

I feel like your opinion on my slot isn't really based in my or bugspray's play necessarily
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:53 am

Post by Psyche »

no i hate being on the periphery!
i should be able to engage better as weekend rolls in
You can't step in the same river twice.
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:02 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 490, Psyche wrote: no i hate being on the periphery!
your tsunami avatar fits your playstyle so well then haha
(accumulating over time)
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:07 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 489, Dannflor wrote: ketchup I know you said you were gonna be less active or the weekend but i would really like if you expand what you think of my slot

specifically why you are town reading me

and I'd love it if you could avoid referring to the replace out in the read

I feel like your opinion on my slot isn't really based in my or bugspray's play necessarily
you're right, it's kind of initial gut feeling based on the way bugs was standing out. and the fact that few games I looked at the immediate 'obvious' wagon got town every single time.
I've laughed to myself about how badly people have got it wrong every time, would be embarassing if I did the same.

I know that's not very substantial.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:09 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 490, Psyche wrote: no i hate being on the periphery!
do you have any half formed thoughts you feel comfortable putting out there right now?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:10 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 492, ketchup777 wrote: you're right, it's kind of initial gut feeling based on the way bugs was standing out. and the fact that few games I looked at the immediate 'obvious' wagon got town every single time.
I've laughed to myself about how badly people have got it wrong every time, would be embarassing if I did the same.
so would it be accurate to say that your refusal to vote me is more out of not wanting to be wrong than an actual strong belief that I am town?
Jacob24
Jacob24
Goon
Jacob24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:29 am

Post by Jacob24 »

In post 494, Dannflor wrote:
In post 492, ketchup777 wrote: you're right, it's kind of initial gut feeling based on the way bugs was standing out. and the fact that few games I looked at the immediate 'obvious' wagon got town every single time.
so would it be accurate to say that your refusal to vote me is more out of not wanting to be wrong than an actual strong belief that I am town?
That’s what I’m seeing
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:49 am

Post by ketchup777 »

If I thought Bugs/Dann were more likely to be mafia, I would be on that wagon, but I want to wagon on one of the people I'm most confident are mafia at the time. My current standing on you is somewhere in the middle of the list of suspects, but there are others (namely Project, Drew, Psyche, Outworlder, Delta creeping in now a bit as well) that I would rather vote first
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:49 am

Post by ketchup777 »

If I thought Bugs/Dann were more likely to be mafia, I would be on that wagon, but I want to wagon on one of the people I'm most confident are mafia at the time. My current standing on you is somewhere in the middle of the list of suspects, but there are others (namely Project, Drew, Psyche, Outworlder, Delta creeping in now a bit as well) that I would rather vote first
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:50 am

Post by ketchup777 »

sorry for double post
sorry for the sorry that makes it a triple post
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:56 am

Post by Thomith »

-
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”