Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:38 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 536, Dannflor wrote: i really dislike how cautiously DP approached my case on Ninja

in DP's catchup post he slides Ninja into a lean scum position but doesn't comment on my case or push there

his first comment on it is where he asks Oats what *he* thinks about my case. It feels as though through pages 16-17 that DP is waiting to see how others react to my case before he takes a firm stance either way.

i feel like posts and are trying too hard to be reasonable and set DP up to join the growing wagon on Ninja. Like I think Ninja's initial reaction looked very bad because she missed my initial case and didn't stick around much besides dumping a kind of confusing reads list. oatsmaster, gob, and hu tao all had immediate reactions of "yup good case + looks like scum" whereas it looks like DP feels the need to make it look like he's very earnestly trying to engage with Ninja before joining the wagon.

It is hard for me to explain why this sequence of posts bothers me so much and I'm worried I'm not communication it well. But I think the best way to describe it is this:

1. DP is ostensibly lean scum reading Ninja
2. Dannflor comes along and writes a big wall case on Ninja that is generally well received
3. Ninja has an optically bad initial reaction to the case
4. several other players come to a quick similar conclusion that ninja looks like scum

given that series of events would you expect town!DP to

A. vote Ninja

or

B. make a series of posts justifying his continuing scum read while simultaneously giving Ninja the benefit of the doubt

furthermore I feel like immediately followed up by are overly explanatory about why he doesn't feel comfortable voting Ninja yet

generally i just get the vibe from DP of trying to present themselves as overly reasonable which i think is a common scum tactic. plus i think if Ninja is town his hesitant reaction to my push - almost trying to play the middle - is the most likely position for scum to be taking up

You're overlooking a key possibility here, though: Darth disliked the case because it was, in fact, a bad case. If you're leaning town on me, wouldn't that naturally lead you to realize that you made a bad case, and thus anyone else who came away with that reaction shouldn't be suspicious of it?

I would argue that since the case is bad, the people who you should be suspecting ought to be the exact opposite of what you're arguing right now. If the case is bad, should that not make you feel BETTER about Darth, who doubted it, and WORSE about oats / gob / Hu tao, who seemed to accept it without much thought? (Vivax did this also)

I felt like after I really sunk my teeth into what you were saying, that's what revealed all of the feels-based stuff, the poor logic and what not. Frankly I'd love to see your response to all of my "why did you think X considering that Y is true" but I think people are too exhausted by my post, including maybe you, which I guess I have to accept lol.

Tldr it just seems like if you're backing off of your case, the logical thing to do would be to feel good about those who disliked the case you yourself abandoned and feel worse about those who just accepted it outright. I know I for one am now more leery of everyone who jumped on the bandwagon.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:39 am

*suspicious FOR it
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:41 am

Post by Dannflor »

Ninja, if you’re town, I think it is far more likely that scum positioned to look good off your town flip and let town (me) take the heat for hard pushing you.

I would also note that nowhere does DP reveal that he thinks my case is “bad.” He is ostensibly on board and agrees with several points, but for some reason he is very hesitant about looking like he’s pushing you too hard
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:43 am

Post by Dannflor »

naerys you should vote DP instead of outoforder :]
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:44 am

I'm out for the day, I'll probably check back late tonight for me (CST).
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:47 am

Post by Dannflor »

I would also argue that my case wasn’t bad regardless of how accurate it was, but that is neither here nor there
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:50 am

Post by Dannflor »

No offense, Ninja, but I think you are approaching this with some rather simplistic thinking of “town would town read me” and “scum would want to push me”.

But if a bunch of townies mistakenly thought you were scum, wouldn’t the intuitive course if action for scum be to sit back and let town take each other out?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:10 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 528, Dannflor wrote:
In post 454, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 442, Dannflor wrote:
In post 384, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 376, Dannflor wrote: dunnstral why is superfluous' assertion about lurkers like the most interesting thing to you about this game so far

i don't think you're scum for lurking but i don't understand why you are picking at the things you are picking at
Do you not think lack of engagement is a mafia tell?

Does it concern you that Dunstrall is only pushing back on the assertion that would cause him to be in the list of mafia?
it doesn't concern me that dunstral is pushing back on this, I don't disagree that it's not a great tell

it concerns me that of all the things in the game thread this is what seems most interesting to him. I don't really know what it tells him about Ninja's alignment or what value he gets out of arguing this point
Can you respond to this again in a way that makes sense, I am not trying to be mean but I genuinely don't understand what you are trying to say here.
It concerns me that this is what Dunnstral is focusing on almost solely on arguing this point about engagement because it doesn't really look like he's sorting Ninja with it. It looks like he's arguing a point for the sake of being correct.

It concerns me that this is what Dunnstral is choosing to engage with out of all the possible things in the thread he could be engaging with.

Does that make sense?
It makes sense but not in context because you aren't answering my question. Which was "Do you not think lack of engagement is a mafia tell?"
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:16 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 536, Dannflor wrote: i really dislike how cautiously DP approached my case on Ninja

in DP's catchup post he slides Ninja into a lean scum position but doesn't comment on my case or push there

his first comment on it is where he asks Oats what *he* thinks about my case. It feels as though through pages 16-17 that DP is waiting to see how others react to my case before he takes a firm stance either way.

i feel like posts and are trying too hard to be reasonable and set DP up to join the growing wagon on Ninja. Like I think Ninja's initial reaction looked very bad because she missed my initial case and didn't stick around much besides dumping a kind of confusing reads list. oatsmaster, gob, and hu tao all had immediate reactions of "yup good case + looks like scum" whereas it looks like DP feels the need to make it look like he's very earnestly trying to engage with Ninja before joining the wagon.

It is hard for me to explain why this sequence of posts bothers me so much and I'm worried I'm not communication it well. But I think the best way to describe it is this:

1. DP is ostensibly lean scum reading Ninja
2. Dannflor comes along and writes a big wall case on Ninja that is generally well received
3. Ninja has an optically bad initial reaction to the case
4. several other players come to a quick similar conclusion that ninja looks like scum

given that series of events would you expect town!DP to

A. vote Ninja

or

B. make a series of posts justifying his continuing scum read while simultaneously giving Ninja the benefit of the doubt

furthermore I feel like immediately followed up by are overly explanatory about why he doesn't feel comfortable voting Ninja yet

generally i just get the vibe from DP of trying to present themselves as overly reasonable which i think is a common scum tactic. plus i think if Ninja is town his hesitant reaction to my push - almost trying to play the middle - is the most likely position for scum to be taking up
Literally nothing in this case makes me mafia.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

I don’t think it’s a good tell by itself, no

Not sure why that is important
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

well you would say that wouldn’t you ;)
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:17 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 555, Dannflor wrote: I would also argue that my case wasn’t bad regardless of how accurate it was, but that is neither here nor there
This is a pretty severe case of doublethink :D
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:17 am

Post by Roden »

My case on Order is void at atp, I didn't like their early interactions with Luca and Vivax but turned my opinion around. I vibe with the mentality "I only post what I feel I need to" and tonally I feel that their posting has gotten a lot better.

UNVOTE:

I also had some reservations about Dann, at one point it looked like he may have been trying to pocket me with posts like and when he was hard defending me while writing his case against Ninja. I think he ultimately is town though for later backing up a bit and concluding that he might've been too hasty, I think if he were scum he would just stick to town reading me and leaving it at that.

Luca I think is spewed town for being unable to discern that I was mimicking Oats' play and behavior when interacting with him and then not knowing that me calling them scum was a joke. They've overall been fairly townie and strike me as someone who's got a decent grasp on the game.

Ninja at first seemed similar to Luca, but the more I interacted with her and then saw some of her later posts, the more I think she's just playing with an agenda to elim people rather than scum hunt. Her insistence on arguing that I'm wrong about my own thoughts and intentions reads more as gaslighting rather than someone who's actually try to solve my alignment. doubles down on this and is very tonally manipulative.

VOTE: Ninja
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:19 am

Post by gob »

Okay, not gonna be that guy but, i must say that after i came public with my TR on OoO everyone followed suit. Literally the entire wagon of people on it jumped off.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:19 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 559, Dannflor wrote: I don’t think it’s a good tell by itself, no

Not sure why that is important
Because its maybe the primary mafia tell that we use on TL, and I need to know if we can have common ground about how we view the game, because you seem to hold the opposite fundamental understanding on basically every part of the game.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:20 am

Post by Dannflor »

sounds like you don’t have very good scum players over there
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:21 am

Post by Dannflor »

roden what is your read on DOP
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:22 am

Post by gob »

In post 565, Dannflor wrote: sounds like you don’t have very good scum players over there
LMAOOO
Mafiascumgang for life ofc ofc
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:28 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 560, Dannflor wrote: well you would say that wouldn’t you ;)
No, if it was a good case with something worth responding to I would happily respond.

But I don't think you have established anything in that case other than some arbitrary expectations about how I 'should' have reacted to the ninja case.

and the fact that being reasonable= mafia.

the problem I have with you is that you have already acknowledged and it should be quite clear to you that we approach the game in a radically different way, so why are you so confident with a case that boils down to: (doesn't do what I think he should do as town, therefore he is mafia)

This super long day phase is super pro town, there is no reason to dive in to a elim on Ninja when there are people who aren't even posting.

It was the correct play to not just jump on the wagon and get more information in the thread. Strictly correct even.

As to being reasonable. You should have read a post I made when you ISO'd me talking to oats about toning down our level of aggression as we are guests on the site. Being reasonable is not alignment indicative.

Lack of curiosity is, not wanting to get to the truth of peoples alignments is. Reasonableness no. In fact, on my site the opposite tends to be true.

Now the real question is, why does it seem like you are operating with an agenda, you write cases that are worse than you present them as, with a level of confidence that is not commesurate to the 'evidence' you are presenting.

It smacks of holding an agenda tbh. Are you trying to wrest thread control from the active players? Or are you mafia?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:28 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 565, Dannflor wrote: sounds like you don’t have very good scum players over there
Not true.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:30 am

Post by DarthPunk »

Im around to talk if we can actually talk about something tangible that is not your subjective opinion.

I would consider the fact that literally no one is voting for me to be feedback form the thread regarding the quality of your case.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:30 am

Post by DarthPunk »

But im going to go back and read whatever is going on between Luca and OOO
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:32 am

Post by Gypyx »

sorry
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:32 am

Post by Gypyx »

excuse me
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:32 am

Post by Gypyx »

coming through (bottom text)

bottom text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”