Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:10 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1024, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1023, DarthPunk wrote: I’ll be around tomorrow morning catching up with the thread while I’m at work. It was my -actual- bday today and had a date day with my partner so that’s why I haven’t been around.

I was skimming the thread every now and then.

Main thing is some issues with ninja her reads aren’t really consistent with themselves there are a couple of blatant examples that I need her to explain when I outline them tomorrow.

Anyway goodnight.
Happy birthday!

Is it really worth time investigating ninja more? Feel like if shes scum, she wouldnt make some of the posts shes made
But also I think she makes some posts that she wouldn’t/couldn’t/shouldn’t make as town.

Why wouldn’t it be worth the time to figure out her alignment if I have doubts about it lol?

Are you so convinced she’s town?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:12 am

Post by DarthPunk »

Anyway it may be that I decide she is town and just isn’t thinking straight. But there were a couple of things she said that really pinged me to want to look further.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:13 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 499, SuperfluousNinja wrote: . A quick disclaimer, remember also that there's a human behind this account, and I'm looking primarily at oats with this one. Just because you suspect someone is scum, that doesn't give you permission to be rude and hostile to them. Oats, you pull that shit with me where you insult my intelligence like you did on Roden just because you think I'm not aligned with you, we are going to have a HUGE fucking problem, you understand? I don't care if you think I'm so scummy that not even the most intense bathroom cleaner on the planet could make a dent in me; you don't treat the actual human like shit over a fucking form game. Please do your utmost to remember that.
In post 955, SuperfluousNinja wrote: This is getting WAY too personal and I'm going to ask you to stop. Like for real if you're doubling down on this, then I think what I'd like to do is defer to the mod and ask if they think I'm gaslighting you, because THAT IS EXTREMELY SERIOUS. If I were actually doing that, if I were actually trying to psychologically manipulate you in this way, that's something that I should be modkilled before. I REALLY, REALLY do not think that is what I am doing, but if it is, I'm going to defer to the mod and to some higher level of judgment, because you are making this about a lot more than just a game when you accuse me of this.
In post 687, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I find the accusation of gaslighting you to be extremely serious, by the way, on a personal level, so obviously I want to be really crystal clear about all of this. I want to understand why you think I'm doing this.
Just some absurd posts to make if ninja is scum imo
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:14 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 977, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Which 3 do you think are the most likely scum in this town?

Gee, how did I know Hu Tao would ignore this one? Lol
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:15 am

Darth I just woke up and have some time before work so ask away.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:15 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1025, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1024, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1023, DarthPunk wrote: I’ll be around tomorrow morning catching up with the thread while I’m at work. It was my -actual- bday today and had a date day with my partner so that’s why I haven’t been around.

I was skimming the thread every now and then.

Main thing is some issues with ninja her reads aren’t really consistent with themselves there are a couple of blatant examples that I need her to explain when I outline them tomorrow.

Anyway goodnight.
Happy birthday!

Is it really worth time investigating ninja more? Feel like if shes scum, she wouldnt make some of the posts shes made
But also I think she makes some posts that she wouldn’t/couldn’t/shouldn’t make as town.

Why wouldn’t it be worth the time to figure out her alignment if I have doubts about it lol?

Are you so convinced she’s town?
I am very convinced yes, I mean you can do what you want but Im defintely not interested in yeeting ninja d1 so i personally would prefer if you focus your attention towards other people, ie Dann/Vivax
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:17 am

In post 980, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 979, Oatsmaster wrote: Not really sure why ninja seems to be upset with the concept of meta
Could be scum upset that a townie is being townread unjustly

They posted again about 20 minutes after I asked, so yes, they were here and following along at the time.

Is it really just Dunnstral and myself that think they're suspicious? Nobody else?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:18 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1031, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 980, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 979, Oatsmaster wrote: Not really sure why ninja seems to be upset with the concept of meta
Could be scum upset that a townie is being townread unjustly

They posted again about 20 minutes after I asked, so yes, they were here and following along at the time.

Is it really just Dunnstral and myself that think they're suspicious? Nobody else?
Ive got bigger fish to fry and honestly thats not a difficult question to answer for scum
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:30 am

In post 1032, Oatsmaster wrote: Ive got bigger fish to fry and honestly thats not a difficult question to answer for scum

But it's not so much about the difficulty of the question as it is about gauging how involved they are and getting some sense of where they are at with things. If they had rattled off three people that leaned heavily town, at this point, that would raise a lot of eyebrows, and given my read on Hu Tao, that's exactly what I expected them to do.

Curious though, why don't you think it is difficult for scum to have to put scum reads down in a post in this game?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:33 am

In post 1004, outoforder wrote: For instance, she puts Dunnstral in scum column in her list post, then posts reasons why he is mafia and says he is null.

Where did I do this exactly? And I assume you were referring to Dunnstral the whole time here? (you suddenly switched genders)
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:33 am

Oh no you didn't lol, sorry not quite awake yet
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:35 am

In post 1008, outoforder wrote:
In post 1007, Oatsmaster wrote: Im still really stuck on dann's very very quick reversal from ninja to dp so hed be the 3rd name I throw in there
Yeah i am not completely over DP's interpretation of "is Dann just making cases instead of trying to find mafia", i mean it entirely could be the thing. Especially as i am really struggling to find third mafia. But that's fine for now, that's why having like one million hours of D1 is super good. :)

Psssst, it's Hu Tao :)
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:40 am

I guess Darth is gone then, so, so am I.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:48 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1033, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1032, Oatsmaster wrote: Ive got bigger fish to fry and honestly thats not a difficult question to answer for scum

But it's not so much about the difficulty of the question as it is about gauging how involved they are and getting some sense of where they are at with things. If they had rattled off three people that leaned heavily town, at this point, that would raise a lot of eyebrows, and given my read on Hu Tao, that's exactly what I expected them to do.

Curious though, why don't you think it is difficult for scum to have to put scum reads down in a post in this game?
Because thats the minimum required to play mafia?
have some reads?

Whats your read on Vivax right now?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:00 am

Post by Vivax »

I'm not deviating from my scumreads fyi.
Can't make me. If you want you can yeet someone. I see no point in writing more right now until I am proven wrong. Everything else feels like wasted energy.

OoO is still basing his read on RVS at page 42 and Oats complains that I'm voting my scumread and not Roden and framed it as if that's a safe vote when it's just what I should be doing. I'm not going to fold to peer pressure here.

It's Oats, Ninja and OoO
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:06 am

In post 1038, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1033, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Curious though, why don't you think it is difficult for scum to have to put scum reads down in a post in this game?
Because thats the minimum required to play mafia?
have some reads?

But this isn't about HAVING reads, it's about COMMITTING to them. No matter what, you submit a post with reads, you have to answer for that at some point. If Hu Tao says, for instance, that he thinks you're town, and then later someone suggests you're scum and he says "yeah that seems right, get him!", he has to answer for why his opinion changed.

For example, I've had a hard time brushing off the repercussions of my Saturday night reads list and I'm not even scum; I can't imagine how haywire my brain would have gone and how much trouble I'd be in if I were actually guilty and my reads WERE total nonsense. It does matter.
Whats your read on Vivax right now?

It hasn't changed at all since what I told you last night. I don't know why it would since I don't think he's even said anything in this thread since I gave my last read. I think he's scum.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:07 am

Oh except for what he said just 6 minutes ago lol.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:09 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1039, Vivax wrote: I'm not deviating from my scumreads fyi.
Can't make me. If you want you can yeet someone. I see no point in writing more right now until I am proven wrong. Everything else feels like wasted energy.

OoO is still basing his read on RVS at page 42 and Oats complains that I'm voting my scumread and not Roden and framed it as if that's a safe vote when it's just what I should be doing. I'm not going to fold to peer pressure here.

It's Oats, Ninja and OoO
you should be wasting your vote on someone that isnt gonna get yeeted today? thats your idea of optimal townplay?

lol this post is hilarious.
"OoO is still basing his read on RVS and Im still basing my read on Oats' reaction to Gobs RVS post but Im right and OoO is wrong"
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:10 am

In post 918, Dannflor wrote:
In post 914, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 907, Dannflor wrote: let's do roden

If I'm completely wrong on Dannflor, Roden is the read I most expect to be my incorrect scum read. If we yeet Roden today and he flips town, my back-up theory is Vivex / Hu Tao / Dannflor.

I'm having some serious buyer's remorse putting Dannflor into firm town territory in my post and I'm starting to wonder if I got carried away with thinking he'd be nuts to try and frame me.

Someone talk some sense into me? Does anyone want to take up an angle with me on how my read on Dannflor is wrong?
you know just because you put me as town doesn't mean you can't change your read on a whim

something that bothers me about your posts (which was part of the basis of my initial case on you) is that you feel the need to signpost all of your reads and the changes therein, and that type of self consciousness comes from scum a lot who feel the need to make sure their internal consistency is visible to everyone (since it is fake)

but you can just like... change your mind

Does anyone think this is suspicious? This was on my mind again after I talked about why I think reads lists are so important. Dann is here arguing otherwise and trying to create a space for people to change their minds on a whim and not have to account for it. Is that a sentiment people agree with around here?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:14 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1043, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Dann is here arguing otherwise and trying to create a space for people to change their minds on a whim and not have to account for it. Is that a sentiment people agree with around here?
You can change your mind and give reasons after. Hes saying that you dont have to justify the change before it occurs, which is something scum do a lot to avoid suspicion of exactly what you are saying. Thats what signposting is.

Dann isnt arguing that reads lists arent important.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:15 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

he literally says that in the post, Im not sure where the misunderstanding is
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:17 am

Post by gob »

good morning everyone.

Its time to play the game
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:17 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1042, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1039, Vivax wrote: I'm not deviating from my scumreads fyi.

It's Oats, Ninja and OoO
you should be wasting your vote on someone that isnt gonna get yeeted today? thats your idea of optimal townplay?

lol this post is hilarious.
"OoO is still basing his read on RVS and Im still basing my read on Oats' reaction to Gobs RVS post but Im right and OoO is wrong"
You‘re right at least I should vote with Naerys thanks for the reminder.

VOTE: Oatsmaster

If you guys flip Roden and he turns out scum I‘ll re-evaluate.

Dunn was L-1 so that‘s already good info for later when we have his alignment.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:30 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

Why is Dunn L-1 important info?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:43 am

In post 1044, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1043, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Dann is here arguing otherwise and trying to create a space for people to change their minds on a whim and not have to account for it. Is that a sentiment people agree with around here?
You can change your mind and give reasons after. Hes saying that you dont have to justify the change before it occurs, which is something scum do a lot to avoid suspicion of exactly what you are saying. Thats what signposting is.

Dann isnt arguing that reads lists arent important.

So where is he arguing that I'm justifying my changes BEFORE they happen? Is he just making that part up? Seems to me like every time my mind has changed on someone or something, my actions on it came afterwards, not prior to them.

I guess I don't understand what "signposting" is then. Give me an example? It's not a word I've ever seen in this game.

More importantly, though, is Dann making up a case against me that isn't real?

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”