Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:44 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 1047, Vivax wrote: If you guys flip Roden and he turns out scum I‘ll re-evaluate.

Is THIS an example of "signposting"?
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:52 am

Post by gob »

dude i got donuts for everyone at work and no cap……… it kinda flopped

sad but true
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:53 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

I’m not really sure what you mean in the first part. He’s absolutely saying that you are indicating the actions you are taking before you actually take them.

Signposting is where you put down signposts indicating where you are going next.

For example let’s say you vote for dunn. Then you say okay if dunn gives me these things, I will unvote him. He gives you those things and then you unvote him. That’s a simple example.

Can be used for just reads too like you have a scumread on someone, then you go “well I’m not sure anymore, I’m going to do xyz” then you go “oh after xyz I think he’s town”

Signposting is a common scum tactic to show that they have progression but it comes off very unnatural and forced because it isn’t a real sequence of events. So he’s absolutely pointing out something legit
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:54 am

Post by outoforder »

It's because you use "does anyone think XYZ..." before committing to a read or opinion. It's like you're trying to seek confirmation from other people before actually raising your opinion.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:54 am

Post by outoforder »

To Ninja..
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:56 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1050, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1047, Vivax wrote: If you guys flip Roden and he turns out scum I‘ll re-evaluate.

I wouldn’t say so, signposting isn’t just saying what you are going to do in the future, it’s already predicating what’s going to happen. Like if vivax had said “if Roden flips scum then I’m going to reread oats because he looks townie with the flip” then when Roden flips scum he does exactly this and comes back with an “oats is town”
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:56 am

In post 1052, Oatsmaster wrote: I’m not really sure what you mean in the first part. He’s absolutely saying that you are indicating the actions you are taking before you actually take them.

I'm asking if I have actually done this, or if he is fabricating this case.

If I've done this, I want to see an actual, concrete, quoted example of me doing so.

I ask because I am skeptical that I have done it, and I wonder if he is overstating his case and faking evidence that doesn't actually exist. I see a lot of people are still wary about Dann and I wonder if my townread is flawed, and so I'd like to see if he's actually able to make a case.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:57 am

Post by outoforder »

Well yeah that too what Oats said.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:58 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 1056, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I'm asking if I have actually done this, or if he is fabricating this case.

If I've done this, I want to see an actual, concrete, quoted example of me doing so.
you did it for instance when you were voting for me but already telling basically youre gonna vote for gob.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:58 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1056, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1052, Oatsmaster wrote: I’m not really sure what you mean in the first part. He’s absolutely saying that you are indicating the actions you are taking before you actually take them.

I ask because I am skeptical that I have done it, and I wonder if he is overstating his case and faking evidence that doesn't actually exist. I see a lot of people are still wary about Dann and I wonder if my townread is flawed, and so I'd like to see if he's actually able to make a case.
Not gonna do this but if you wanna ask him by all means
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:04 am

In post 1055, Oatsmaster wrote:

I wouldn’t say so, signposting isn’t just saying what you are going to do in the future, it’s already predicating what’s going to happen. Like if vivax had said “if Roden flips scum then I’m going to reread oats because he looks townie with the flip” then when Roden flips scum he does exactly this and comes back with an “oats is town”

Do you, or anyone else, think he's covering his tracks with this statement? Because I definitely do.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:05 am

In post 1059, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1056, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

Not gonna do this but if you wanna ask him by all means

Okay.

Dann, would you please provide concrete evidence, quotes from me, where I signposted, please?
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:05 am

Post by gob »

nobody gonna say good morning back?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:06 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1060, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1055, Oatsmaster wrote:

Do you, or anyone else, think he's covering his tracks with this statement? Because I definitely do.
If/when Roden flips, ill pursue it more seriously.
However it’s pretty normal for people to post stuff like that on if they have a differing read than consensus, it’s not really AI imo.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:07 am

In post 1058, outoforder wrote:
In post 1056, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I'm asking if I have actually done this, or if he is fabricating this case.

you did it for instance when you were voting for me but already telling basically youre gonna vote for gob.

Ugh, I am getting really tired of people just referring to things I did without actually quoting me.

EVIDENCE, PEOPLE. USE IT. STOP JUST TALKING ABOUT THINGS THAT HAPPENED AND SHOW THEM HAPPENING.

I don't know why I'm getting frustrated this morning lol but I think I am a little bothered that people are just saying "X did Y" without actually demonstrating that X did Y. Let's see some real evidence, folks.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:10 am

Post by gob »

smh rude ass :sideeyeemoji:
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:12 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

Tbh that’s not gonna change, I look up stuff to verify people’s claims all the time.
Quoting is also very annoying on this site so I get why it’s not super common
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:12 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

If you don’t even wanna read your own iso, why would other people wanna read it especially when they aren’t trying to case you
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:18 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 348, SuperfluousNinja wrote: [...]
I'm leaving my vote on OutOfOrder for now because I want to see my actions through on that one, but I'm fully in favor of a vote against Gob after all this.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:19 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1065, gob wrote: smh rude ass :sideeyeemoji:
Good morning gob
Can you give us a wonderful insight today?
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:20 am

Post by outoforder »

I mean like, you don't need to bother explaining what you actually meant if you meant something else, but Dann's interpretation of that is not unreasonable at all.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:51 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1020, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1019, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 981, Oatsmaster wrote: Okay so Roden came back vomited up some stuff and left, what are y’all thoughts about it?
I was expecting some pushback from my read on them but they either didn't get there yet or didn't find it memorable.
thoughts on what ooo and me are talking about?
I think Dann is capable of looking at things from multiple perspectives.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:53 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1021, outoforder wrote: Gotta go to work. I would appreciate if you, Dunnstral could link to your latest town and mafia game so i can read them after i get back home.
Town: viewtopic.php?t=92020

Mafia: viewtopic.php?t=91817
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:59 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1018, outoforder wrote:
In post 1012, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 865, Dannflor wrote: I guess if I’m wrong on a town read in these three I think OoO is the most likely to be wrong?
he does say this right before but otherwise you are in his firmly town section in the reads list that he posted a while before this whole thing happened.
idk just that masons wouldnt be the first place my brain goes to if someone yells dont yeet that dude
It's actually a bit weird he says this:
In post 865, Dannflor wrote:
In post 859, Vivax wrote: To be clear, my current pool would be Oats/Ninja/OoO but Ninja is more on a whim right now.
That said I appreciate that Naerys thinks similarly.

I guess if I’m wrong on a town read in these three I think OoO is the most likely to be wrong?

I feel increasingly solid about Ninja as town
I mean, he has just expressed suspicion towards Vivax.
Why does he care about who Vivax scumreads? Or like "if one of these three NEEDS to be mafia THEN it's this guy". Seems a bit out of place how to talk to your scumread.
To expand on my post, Dannflor would not be 100% sure that Vivax is mafia so is still capable of looking at things from a perspective where Vivax is town. That is why they are asking questions like that - because they are considering things from multiple angles. (Or if mafia, that's what they'd like us to believe. I do think they are quite good at mafia which makes it hard to townread them, which I believe is something they get irritated at.)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:00 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1064, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 1058, outoforder wrote:

Ugh, I am getting really tired of people just referring to things I did without actually quoting me.

EVIDENCE, PEOPLE. USE IT. STOP JUST TALKING ABOUT THINGS THAT HAPPENED AND SHOW THEM HAPPENING.

I don't know why I'm getting frustrated this morning lol but I think I am a little bothered that people are just saying "X did Y" without actually demonstrating that X did Y. Let's see some real evidence, folks.
They were talking about earlier (not the post you're quoting here) when they talked about you putting me in null but scumreading me. I think your categories were correct but they were likely confused by the part you wrote about me at the end.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”