Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:27 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1124, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1089, Vivax wrote: I am more amicable and diplomatic as mafia. I rarely take risks. I think if I had to pick my mafia version for this game it would be much more similar to how Luca Blight plays.
Maybe I should scumread him after all.
I can get behind this read.

Luca's posts are all very logical but there's something that feels off about it to me. He posts a light suspicion of Dann and then says that Dann is clear town after seeing his first case. Similarly he posts some things concerning him about DP/OoO, but then comes around pretty quickly to both of them being townie. He's not at all worried that a stronger player could have rolled mafia and his posts just feel rather safe.
Echo
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:28 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Can people who don’t think roden is mafia iso him and his latest contributions and tell me how any of that comes from town trying to find mafia?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:28 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1297, Vivax wrote:
In post 1292, Roden wrote: I caught up

I didn't see much of a case on Luca, is it that their posts feel safe?
Pretty much. Being reasonable and having thread adjacent reads but having no skin in the game by challenging anything.

He‘s chamaleontic
I think if this becomes a consistent issue then I can see the case for Luca being scum. But it's still Day 1, if it was Day 2 or 3 and nothing about their play and approach to the game changed then I'd be more willing to vote there.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:30 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1301, Oatsmaster wrote: Can people who don’t think roden is mafia iso him and his latest contributions and tell me how any of that comes from town trying to find mafia?
Do you do anything other than complain
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:30 pm

Post by Roden »

Oats is probably town but a Vig shot there would be delectable
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:31 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

:?:
In post 1303, Roden wrote:
In post 1301, Oatsmaster wrote: Can people who don’t think roden is mafia iso him and his latest contributions and tell me how any of that comes from town trying to find mafia?
Yeah I yeet scum
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:32 pm

Post by Vivax »

I say we put Luca at L-3 and see if anyone has a change of heart because he could use a bit of spotlight.

Keen on hearing from Dann/DP why their thunderdome should be prioritized over figuring him out.

@ Roden

It is a consistent issue. I vocally townread him early like much of the game which should incentivize him to attempt to gain thread control which he didn’t do.

He broadcoasts his opinions uncaring if they get taken into account.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:32 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

“I think player is probably town but if we use a powerful town ability on him, id be happy”
Is surely some statement
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1304, Roden wrote: Oats is probably town but a Vig shot there would be delectable
Palatable . Then we make the cevapcici.
But not really, he is redeemable.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:34 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1272, Vivax wrote:
In post 1270, outoforder wrote:
In post 1269, Vivax wrote: This Dann vs DP thing has good odds of just being TvT for the same reason I wanted to have a quarrel with Dann earlier.
What was that reason?
Being antagonistic because someone saw their status challenged.

Dann is supposed to be something like a personal champion of the site I think.

Maybe the fact DP could outshine him in the long term wants him to shut DP down.
It‘s kinda townie, but won‘t be helpful. Every duck measuring contest on TL ended up being tvt.
This rings true to me. I can see this being the case if Dann is town, I can also see the Ego flex lynch attempt if he is mafia.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:35 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1307, Oatsmaster wrote: “I think player is probably town but if we use a powerful town ability on him, id be happy”
Is surely some statement
It speaks to your usefulness
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:36 pm

Post by outoforder »

In post 1291, Dannflor wrote: yes i'd like to hear your own words on it
He is not really having opinions. He's very good at arguing, i give him that. But like the whole thing i accused him of, and his scumread of Roden, im very conflicted still, form that exchange between us i dont really know why he scumreads Roden... It's very weird. It's like he has a reasonable response to everything but when you put all that together it leads to pretty much nothing, if that makes any sense.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:37 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

I got completely side tracked by whatever it was that dann was trying to do.

Im going to go back and read the thread
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:37 pm

Post by Roden »

Oats you've quite literally done nothing but bitch and moan because I hurt your ego during RVS. Get over it.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:40 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1311, outoforder wrote:
He is not really having opinions. He's very good at arguing, i give him that. But like the whole thing i accused him of, and his scumread of Roden, im very conflicted still, form that exchange between us i dont really know why he scumreads Roden... It's very weird. It's like he has a reasonable response to everything but when you put all that together it leads to pretty much nothing, if that makes any sense.

How can you not know why I scumread Roden when I literally explained it to you over several posts?

And if you didn't understand why not ask for further clarification instead of shading me for it days later? I note this is the second time you've done this to me now.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:40 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1303, Roden wrote:
:dead:
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:42 pm

Post by outoforder »

In post 1314, Luca Blight wrote:

How can you not know why I scumread Roden when I literally explained it to you over several posts?

And if you didn't understand why not ask for further clarification instead of shading me for it days later? I note this is the second time you've done this to me now.
I know "why" you scumread him, it just doesnt make any sense to me in the context of the thread.
I gave you room to do stuff. You did no much stuff imo.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:44 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1197, Roden wrote:
In post 838, Dannflor wrote: someone asked me what I think about I think

I think it leans scummy and I wouldn't be surprised if Roden flips scum, but nothing about it like really alarms me.

I reasonably comfortable with Ninja being town so I don't love the vote there. I don't super love the post-hoc explanation about his trajectory on scum reading to town reading me. I am wary of that type of posting being more about wanting to get credit for his Very Real Thought Process rather than just explaining his read.

in short Roden is another wagon I'm probably onboard with
In post 840, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: roden

I guess this is fine for now in the interests of not pushing a vanity wagon
What changed that made you go from town > null > scum towards me? Nothing major really happened in this time.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:44 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1247, Roden wrote:
In post 993, Luca Blight wrote: Having caught up, I'm starting to town-lean Vivax again based on his recent posts. I just think if he's scum then he's making life unnecessarily difficult for himself.

I have a soft town-lean on Gob, which perhaps I will elaborate on earlier.

Dann and ninja are still clearly town
Outoforder is most probably town too
I think Oats and Darth punk are town, but am less confident
Then comes Gob and Dunn, who are soft Town-leans. Maybe Grackaroni too, but I need to see more.

The only clear scumread I have right now is Roden. The other slots haven't left much of an impression on me yet.
What would be your perspective on the game if you found out you were wrong on me?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:46 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1313, Roden wrote: Oats you've quite literally done nothing but bitch and moan because I hurt your ego during RVS. Get over it.
Not really sure what this means when >50% of your posts are talking to me or about me
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:47 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

VOTE: luca
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:49 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1268, Dannflor wrote:
In post 558, DarthPunk wrote: Literally nothing in this case makes me mafia.
I also keep returning to this response to my initial push on DP.

DarthPunk's response isn't to try and figure out whether I'm "bad town" pushing him or mafia pushing him. Instead his initial inclination is to focus on how the case doesn't make him mafia. Again, I don't think a town player's inclination here is to try and debunk the case point by point.

DP spends doing pretty much exactly that
Dann why do you say this now about my response
In post 835, Dannflor wrote: I can see where DP's distaste for my cases come from. There's a sort of "I know I'm right and you're stupid" tone in his reaction to my push on him that I lean towny. I think scum probably would've been attracted to piece-by-piece dismantling my case instead of outright dismissing it
And you said this about it at the time you had read the same posts. how can you hold both these opinions?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:50 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler:
In post 1316, outoforder wrote:
In post 1314, Luca Blight wrote:

I know "why" you scumread him, it just doesnt make any sense to me in the context of the thread.
I gave you room to do stuff. You did no much stuff imo.

Do you think it's understandable how I've played in the meantime given my reads this game? I scumread Roden (I will review his catch-up in a few hours) and suspect there is scum in the quiet players, but they haven't done enough to scrutinise, and I have reason to believe most of the other players are more likely town. Yes, the chances are I'm probably wrong somewhere in my townreads unless this is just an extraordinarily easy game, but I'm the sort of player who likes to resolve his scumreads before pursuing players who seem more likely to be town.

I'm aware this can be construed as 'safe', but it's where I currently stand on things. The fact there are multiple players already leading the charge and pushing various players I guess also means I don't feel the need to take a leadership role this game.

I'm starting work so will return to this a bit later.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:51 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 1321, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1268, Dannflor wrote:
In post 558, DarthPunk wrote: Literally nothing in this case makes me mafia.
I also keep returning to this response to my initial push on DP.

DarthPunk's response isn't to try and figure out whether I'm "bad town" pushing him or mafia pushing him. Instead his initial inclination is to focus on how the case doesn't make him mafia. Again, I don't think a town player's inclination here is to try and debunk the case point by point.

DP spends doing pretty much exactly that
Dann why do you say this now about my response
In post 835, Dannflor wrote: I can see where DP's distaste for my cases come from. There's a sort of "I know I'm right and you're stupid" tone in his reaction to my push on him that I lean towny. I think scum probably would've been attracted to piece-by-piece dismantling my case instead of outright dismissing it
And you said this about it at the time you had read the same posts. how can you hold both these opinions?
This is -literally- a completely opposite interpretation of the response.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:52 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »