Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #3525 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:40 am

Post by Vivax »

It‘s like ChatGPT and Jesse Pinkman had a kid and named him Luca
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:42 am

Post by Luca Blight »

At least my posts make sense, unlike the vast majority of yours, Vivax.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:43 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 3524, outoforder wrote:
In post 3463, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3458, Naerys wrote: I think if Oats is town then atleast one of Dann/Luca is scum

Both outcomes here, where Oats is town and one of Dann / Luca is scum, are really unlikely. Oats has just been antagonizing people and playing defensively all game long, doing little if anything to help us converge our reads and lessen the chaos. I would say both Dann and Luca have done the exact opposite; they've put a lot of effort into solving things, showed flexibility, admitted to faults (this last one is a BIG one to me), and both seem to be working as a team with town as a whole (rather than just one or two people).

BTW my shower thought this morning, why's this game called Mafia? Are mafiosos known for being sneaky and deceptive? Pretty sure if they want someone gone, they just blow his kneecaps out and drop him into a river and be done with it.
This is super duper icky post, once again.... Idk if to just yeet that.

Why would you say this is "super duper icky"?
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:44 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 3527, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3458, Naerys wrote: I think if Oats is town then atleast one of Dann/Luca is scum

Both outcomes here, where Oats is town and one of Dann / Luca is scum, are really unlikely. Oats has just been antagonizing people and playing defensively all game long, doing little if anything to help us converge our reads and lessen the chaos. I would say both Dann and Luca have done the exact opposite; they've put a lot of effort into solving things, showed flexibility, admitted to faults (this last one is a BIG one to me), and both seem to be working as a team with town as a whole (rather than just one or two people).

BTW my shower thought this morning, why's this game called Mafia? Are mafiosos known for being sneaky and deceptive? Pretty sure if they want someone gone, they just blow his kneecaps out and drop him into a river and be done with it.

Why would you say this is "super duper icky"?
Because Luca has definitely not admitted to any faults and Dann has done absolutely nothing today.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:45 am

Post by outoforder »

Gonna go to sauna and think about this.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:46 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I literally just showed you an example of me admitting to a fault.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

luca you asked me about my read progression on you?

I think D1 I was largely town reading you not because you were excessively towny, but because your posts were reasonable, safe, generally towny and I had a bunch of other suspects that you didn't really fit with.

Come D2, I am town reading both DP and OOO who have both been the primary people pushing you, which gave me some pause to reconsider. I see the points about your D1 play being safe, but there's also the point that you hard defended me in a way that... probably comes from town. Idk, I have massive trouble reading people based on how they treat me specifically but I THINK the hard defense isn't a position you'd want to stick yourself as scum. Then I think the way you kept on after DP and OOO was probably a losing position and scum!you would know it.

That being said, I haven't felt confident enough on these points to hard defend you today. sorry if you're town and I've been letting you take a bunch of heat. but also, I thought it was probably best to not further clog up the thread because I think you're the only one who can convince the people pushing you that you are town

In general, my confidence in this game has waned since D1 when I hard pushed both Ninja and DP and later decided my reads on both of those slots were wrong. I feel better about my PoE now, particularly my read on Oatsmaster, but there are a lot of difficult to read slots in this game and as such I don't have as much confidence as I usually might right now
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

vivax / oats is a team that makes some kind of sense

vivax's arguments about the wagon compositions and wagon speeds feels super contrived

i felt the same about
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:58 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Ok Dann, fair enough.

Vivax has outed himself as obvious scum over the last few pages. I'm about to go to bed, but right now I'm pretty confident in oats/Vivax + 1, probably Gob.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:01 am

Post by Vivax »

Great now Dr. Who consorts with the daleks I have seen it all
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:02 am

Post by Dannflor »

exterminate exterminate
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:10 am

Post by Vivax »

DP/Luca/Dann to the graaaaave
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:10 am

Post by Vivax »

Not Dann, Grack
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:10 am

Post by Dannflor »

me and luca? sure i can see how you could think that

how on earth do i or luca make sense teamed with DP
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:12 am

Post by Vivax »

My gf is so amazing that she got flowers from a homeless guy today
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:13 am

Post by gob »

In post 3539, Vivax wrote: My gf is so amazing that she got flowers from a homeless guy today
That was me. I went undercover to rizz her up and throw you off your game.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:14 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 3538, Dannflor wrote: me and luca? sure i can see how you could think that

how on earth do i or luca make sense teamed with DP
You don‘t. I already nailed all the mafia at the beginning of the day.

Now I just wait until the game ends while I shitposz
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:16 am

In post 3528, outoforder wrote: Luca has definitely not admitted to any faults--

That isn't true. Two recent instances of him admitting to faults:
In post 3454, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3311, Dannflor wrote:
In post 3307, Oatsmaster wrote: Mildly confused why dann didn’t seem to react to my response to his “case”
i do not think it productive

Correct, I've learnt that the hard way.
This is Luca admitting that his back and forth with Oats was not productive.
In post 3113, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3110, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3108, Luca Blight wrote: Who called you mafia for that?

An why would you want to give me space when you heavily scumread me?
Because people asked me to after our first go around. And it’s just nicer for me you and everyone if we shit up the thread less.

I still want to lim you. I still think you are mafia but us just arguing is hardly a pro town endeavour.

Also I think you are mafia so I don’t think there is any point in arguing or discussing with you why you are mafia.

Ok, I can agree to not shitting up the thread, at least.

This is him admitting that his back-and-forth with Darth could be classified as "shitting up the thread". That's also an acknowledgement of a mistake.

The second half of what you said:
--and Dann has done absolutely nothing today.

Why is this only about "today"? He's done quite a bit apart from today that makes me townread him. I know you are suspicious about the fact that he is pulling back right now, but he did explain exactly why he is doing so, proactively, before anyone started pushing him on it. Given everything else he's contributed and the efforts he has made, I don't really see much reason to think that's indicative of alignment.

But either way, I know you are focused on today, but that doesn't need to mean that I am, also.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:17 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 3540, gob wrote:
In post 3539, Vivax wrote: My gf is so amazing that she got flowers from a homeless guy today
That was me. I went undercover to rizz her up and throw you off your game.
Try a baseball bat next time she liked those before I made her all soft and shit
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:18 am

You guys I'm almost at 1000 posts!
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:18 am

Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:30 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1382, Vivax wrote:
In post 1371, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 1369, outoforder wrote:
In post 1113, Dannflor wrote: The main thing I'm bothered about by Luca is that he hasn't really pushed anything himself and doesn't have any strong scum reads outside of the consensus Roden
into...
In post 1355, Dannflor wrote: okay that's two other people beside DP who said my case on DP is bad

I will sleep on it and reconsider

as a side note I don't really vibe with the Luca case overall, I feel like it largely comes down to him not being as present and being more calm than the average player here
into, lets vote for Naerys.
Guy is mafia. Clearly.
Possible town explanation is that he also actively counters the majority’s thinking, maybe unconsciously.

Otherwise it‘s like he described the current concerns about Luca in en earlier post and then decided to defend him instead while dismissing said former arguments.

I though Luca to be townie earlier on for his calm demeanor as well but that changed when I looked at how he isolated Roden according to thread sentiment and TR a lot of players.

The complacency about not having formed a clear TR on Dunn, Hu and Naerys sticks out as opportunistic. It‘s like the post communicated ‚hey it‘s okay I think everyone suspecting Roden can be town. Let‘s do it‘

Given the overall contributions I‘d prefer to prioritize a Luca lim first, but I am open to Dann in case the majority requires it (which is to say I‘d hammer if you want to do that first).
In post 993, Luca Blight wrote: Having caught up, I'm starting to town-lean Vivax again based on his recent posts. I just think if he's scum then he's making life unnecessarily difficult for himself.

I have a soft town-lean on Gob, which perhaps I will elaborate on earlier.

Dann and ninja are still clearly town
Outoforder is most probably town too
I think Oats and Darth punk are town, but am less confident
Then comes Gob and Dunn, who are soft Town-leans. Maybe Grackaroni too, but I need to see more.

The only clear scumread I have right now is Roden. The other slots haven't left much of an impression on me yet.
It looks like I'm confirmed town if he thinks I have outed myself as scum over the last few pages and Roden was his only clear scumread here during D1.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:33 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3496, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3456, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3380, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3379, Vivax wrote: Ergo Dannflor is mafia, cause he ignores that, votes Oats, but still should rather vote DP if he was town adhering to his stated beliefs.
The gob vote was a distancing attempt.
Do you think dann could fake the introspection and adjustment to his approach with the TL players this game?

I found that really townie to be honest.

Yes, Dann is town, and I'm starting to think Darth might be as well based on his recent play.
So Luca flips back onto dann is town without referencing his previous “fears” about dann as soon as dann stops pushing Luca. It seems to me that Luca realizes that he can easily get off of darth here, I’m really baffled at how he’s so confident in dp being mafia before he’s willing to completely tank the game by saying yeet dp and if dp is town yeet Luca if Luca is town but now he’s like nah I’m good based on “recent” posting
Good post.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:40 am

Post by DarthPunk »

You can’t write off ninja as town imo especially if you think Luca is town.

She is hard to read cause her emotional congruence when she gets agitated looks really townie but I’m wondering if I need to look past that and see what she is doing.

The fact she scum read naerys but didn’t read my post on naerys and didn’t read her short filter and ask the questions I asked really bothered me.

She didn’t iso her mafia reads at all, which I understand to an extent but she was specifically looking at low postcount players so is it that hard?

And then wanting to yeet oats when I recall about two posts where she drew a line and called all active players town, including oats and now she is wanting to yeet a top 3 active player.

All of that has been bothering me.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:53 am