Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3650 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:58 pm

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

Darth, you ever think maybe there's some other reason why I didn't read an iso?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:00 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 3649, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3639, Vivax wrote: If she manages to pull up a four field matrix that solves the game using relative risk and odds ratios I'll be impressed.
Otherwise it's just floof

Like think of it this way. Imagine a violin player told you that they apply things they've learned while playing the violin to other things in their life, in unexpected ways. A violin player could say that their playing has taught them how to interact with people, how to view the world around them, how to handle their stress. And then imagine some guy comes in with "lol what, so they just bust out Vivaldi's Concerto No. 2 every time they meet someone?" People find ways to implement their profession into the way they see the world and they integrate with one another a lot more often than you might think. It's not crazy.
I have sympathy with that. But am I not allowed to say that you were using your profession to hinder DP from having a read on Naerys instead of using it even just figuratively to solve the game for yourself?

Let's talk again about Hu Tao agreeing with a post of yours that called her mafia along with me in order for her to vote me together with you.
Where do you place the chances at of that coming from town? It was a pretty big slip after all.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:03 pm

I guess I just took issue with the way you said it. The whole "I bet she comes in with this overly complex thing to solve a basic problem" suggests that I have no idea how to approach simple problems, that I just overcomplicate everything.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:04 pm

Like yes, I read the tone behind "I bet she uses [whatever the fuck] matrices and odds ratios and relative risks to solve the problem" can very easily be interpreted as making a mockery of those sorts of things.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:05 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3652, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I guess I just took issue with the way you said it. The whole "I bet she comes in with this overly complex thing to solve a basic problem" suggests that I have no idea how to approach simple problems, that I just overcomplicate everything.
That’s not what he said though?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:06 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 3652, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I guess I just took issue with the way you said it. The whole "I bet she comes in with this overly complex thing to solve a basic problem" suggests that I have no idea how to approach simple problems, that I just overcomplicate everything.
It's your job if you're mafia though.
I think Luca and you both are good at doing that. Writing a lot that takes effort to decipher and sift through while concealing intentions.
In any case, well played if so. I want to reiterate that I have no personal issue with you whatsoever, but I am second guessing my town read of you because the game still doesn't make sense to me.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:09 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 3653, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Like yes, I read the tone behind "I bet she uses [whatever the fuck] matrices and odds ratios and relative risks to solve the problem" can very easily be interpreted as making a mockery of those sorts of things.
If you prefer the mathematical approach as you say, I have to see you going over the most mathematical thing in this game for you to draw conclusions from: The votecounts. Yet.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:14 pm

I don't understand what you're saying, sorry.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:14 pm

I think you might have mis-englished that one lol
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:15 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3547, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3496, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3456, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3380, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3379, Vivax wrote: Ergo Dannflor is mafia, cause he ignores that, votes Oats, but still should rather vote DP if he was town adhering to his stated beliefs.
The gob vote was a distancing attempt.
Do you think dann could fake the introspection and adjustment to his approach with the TL players this game?

I found that really townie to be honest.

Yes, Dann is town, and I'm starting to think Darth might be as well based on his recent play.
So Luca flips back onto dann is town without referencing his previous “fears” about dann as soon as dann stops pushing Luca. It seems to me that Luca realizes that he can easily get off of darth here, I’m really baffled at how he’s so confident in dp being mafia before he’s willing to completely tank the game by saying yeet dp and if dp is town yeet Luca if Luca is town but now he’s like nah I’m good based on “recent” posting
Good post.

I'll respond to oats' point here, seeing as you think it's a good post.

I was a little concerned I might have been wrong about Dann as I didn't understand his vote on me, but then he continued to make posts exactly aligning with my own reactions as I was reading through. The points he made against oats in the post I referenced were insightful - it was a little different from the points I had raised before, commenting on the characteristics and tendencies of the tl players as a whole, and what seems to be your site culture, and relating that to the apparent pocketing that seems to be occurring. You also townread Dann for this, I believe. Dann has since explained his read progression on me and it makes complete sense, so I have him up again as clearly town.

Of course, it is a lot easier to town read you when you're not pushing me constantly based on something that I maintain was not scummy. I'm now believing that you just became incredibly tunnelled, and so did I as a result, but after I took a step back I came to the realisation, as I was reading through and replying to Vivax's posts, where he got everything wrong about my Oats case, and then read Dann's post, that oats is the one who seems far less genuine and way more pockety this game, and I don't really think he would need to be so to such an extent if you were both scum.

Off to work now so will be back in a few hours.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:21 pm

Post by Vivax »

Luca emerges from his mafia harem, squints his eyes at the bright sunlight and places a wall of words in front of the entrance before going to work to feed his two hungry mob wives
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3624, Oatsmaster wrote: :(
In post 3618, Hu Tao wrote: I've been pretty clear where my reads are. I think I've been giving reads pretty consistently when asked and when not asked. I literally just gave a few reads the last few pages. That's why I think you're lying about that.

2nd I guess I understand where you can see that. But that's just how I play I catch up and sometimes I'm not around. But I don't think it's as bad as you're painting it.
By very clear I mean reasons. You don’t elaborate on why you think someone is xyz, you just say it.

I’m 90% sure that I asked you specifically about the Luca -> dp transition and what made you make that change and you never responded
In terms of Luca I felt his tone was good. He seemed genuinely frustrated by the situation. I also agreed with his reads originally that you and dp were scum
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:23 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3627, Vivax wrote:
In post 3505, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3464, Vivax wrote: I see you writing a lot but not much substance behind it when you could just look at the wagons and draw conclusions in a more rational way.

Instead you're back to claims like Oats pocketing TL buddies and all that jazz which is a cheap way of sowing distrust. Most of your arguments are based on something not making sense to you and there's massive amounts of purely aesthetic floof.

VOTE: Luca Blight
Okay so I'm confused by this vote. Weren't you the one saying that pressure on gob was important? But you unvote because you want the people that are asleep to chime in on him when I put gob at e-1? And then you vote Luca once he starts going for oats? Not this seems like you're soft defending oats for a second time when at first I thought it was just because of Dann laying off the gob pressure
I assume you meant this?

We have seen what pressure on gob does by now. Nothing. He doesn't care if he lives or dies but occasionally he screams don't kill me. I don't trust him, but I don't scumread him either. He should have a base survival instinct as scum and I'm afraid he's just Dunnstral 2.0.

I unvoted because I didn't want a quickhammer on him. Oats I think is townie, first because he seems to be as confused as I feel and second because he didn't just play around a hammer on either gob or Dp. I think he actually IS trying to find mafia.
We saw it. But that was after you switched votes iirc.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:24 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3629, Vivax wrote: New list shaping up in my head is Hu Tao/Ninja and...???

The pairing would make sense even if we consider what Hu Tao called me scum for on D1 which was in support of Ninja pushing me.
So if you think this, what are your thoughts of day 1 when ninja kept yelling at everyone to vote me and I thought she was scum?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:24 pm

I am off to choir practice shortly, and then I am NOT coming here tomorrow. Tomorrow is a day for being surrounded by love and I don't trust any of you to provide that, sorry lol. Believe me you wouldn't want to deal with me tomorrow anyway.

I think I've explained my viewpoint to Darth as thoroughly as I can. I try to look at as many interesting tidbits and nuggets of whatever as I can and I add those up as things that look towny, things that look scummy, and however the chips fall after adding it all up, that's how I tend to feel about the person ultimately. The bit about sample size, I just don't know how else I can get the point across that we do have an abundance of data on pretty much everyone here, while we have a staggering dearth of it with Naerys. It's not just about the post count; it's about what's in the posts. I insist that you can read through and understand everything she's done in this game in 5 minutes. That's just not enough of hardly anything for me to want to bother investing time into directly solving her alignment by studying her directly. I don't know how I can be any clearer on that point.

Vivax, frankly I'm just really unsatisfied with our conversation, I feel like you're misrepresenting how I am approaching this game rather than asking me directly how I do so. There's a stark contrast between how you talked to me, with a lot of presuppositions on how I think and how I approach things, vs. Darth, who seemed genuinely curious about it. My scum read on you stands.

See you on the 15th.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:27 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3645, Vivax wrote: Well, technically 99% and 1%, but I'm not here to discuss maths, just mafs.
I'll have a look at the wagons pretending Hu + Ninja are both mafia and go from there.
I'll never understand trying to get partner interaction and reads before any scum flips. Isn't that why you all wanted roden and called him conf scum?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:29 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3651, Vivax wrote:
In post 3649, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3639, Vivax wrote: If she manages to pull up a four field matrix that solves the game using relative risk and odds ratios I'll be impressed.
Otherwise it's just floof

Like think of it this way. Imagine a violin player told you that they apply things they've learned while playing the violin to other things in their life, in unexpected ways. A violin player could say that their playing has taught them how to interact with people, how to view the world around them, how to handle their stress. And then imagine some guy comes in with "lol what, so they just bust out Vivaldi's Concerto No. 2 every time they meet someone?" People find ways to implement their profession into the way they see the world and they integrate with one another a lot more often than you might think. It's not crazy.
I have sympathy with that. But am I not allowed to say that you were using your profession to hinder DP from having a read on Naerys instead of using it even just figuratively to solve the game for yourself?

Let's talk again about Hu Tao agreeing with a post of yours that called her mafia along with me in order for her to vote me together with you.
Where do you place the chances at of that coming from town? It was a pretty big slip after all.
Not this again :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:31 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3664, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I am off to choir practice shortly, and then I am NOT coming here tomorrow. Tomorrow is a day for being surrounded by love and I don't trust any of you to provide that, sorry lol. Believe me you wouldn't want to deal with me tomorrow anyway.
Hope you feel loved tomorrow ❤️❤️❤️
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:32 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3650, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Darth, you ever think maybe there's some other reason why I didn't read an iso?
What is that reason?

I am asking you the questions because I want to know what you are thinking.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3661, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3618, Hu Tao wrote: I've been pretty clear where my reads are. I think I've been giving reads pretty consistently when asked and when not asked. I literally just gave a few reads the last few pages. That's why I think you're lying about that.

2nd I guess I understand where you can see that. But that's just how I play I catch up and sometimes I'm not around. But I don't think it's as bad as you're painting it.
By very clear I mean reasons. You don’t elaborate on why you think someone is xyz, you just say it.

I’m 90% sure that I asked you specifically about the Luca -> dp transition and what made you make that change and you never responded
In terms of Luca I felt his tone was good. He seemed genuinely frustrated by the situation. I also agreed with his reads originally that you and dp were scum
When you say originally what do you mean?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:36 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3669, Oatsmaster wrote:

I thought she said I was town originally?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:38 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

When I say originally I mean at the time of when I caught up at that point
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:38 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3670, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3669, Oatsmaster wrote:

I thought she said I was town originally?
When did I call you town?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:38 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

I don’t really understand why ninja is scumreading me for holding onto a view that she doesn’t agree with but is in turn holding onto a view that nobody else agrees with and that’s somehow fine? I’m referring to not realizing that naeyrs did that whole thing about the night kills.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3674 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:39 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3671, Hu Tao wrote: When I say originally I mean at the time of when I caught up at that point
Which post is the post that you are referring to here?

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”