Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4000 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:04 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 3996, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 2438, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 2437, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 2428, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 2424, SuperfluousNinja wrote: The suspense is killing me lol
My bet from her posts is Oats, but that'd make me bad for copying OutofOrder/DP's read on him.
Why would you be be bad?
I put you as a top town read since you were active and reading through people's games to make meta reads + OutofOrder/DP both reading you as lock town.

We'll see what comes out though I'm just speculating baselessly.
In post 2450, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 2447, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 2443, SuperfluousNinja wrote: That's great, but like, why would we yeet anyone other than whoever Hu Tao mentions today?

Obviously we need to know if they are lying, and if they are, we yeet Hu Tao next, which I'm sure Hu Tao is well aware of, thus they wouldn't just make this up.

I see no reason to doubt Hu Tao here and don't plan on focusing on anyone other than whoever they bring up today.
Really depends on their claim, I’m also not a fan of the claim being done so early in the day
lol then why did you start by posting 'alright let's goooooo'

Your first reaction to many things in this game has been to call them terrible.
very very odd flip between 20 minutes of actual time
Announcing a red check puts scum in a position where they need to act in the same way that scum needs to act when they're reacting to a scum flip.

You've been cantankerous about pretty much every play this game and you thought that the correct play was to withhold the information and yet you were the only one cheering on the reveal. To me that's strange.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4001 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:07 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3992, Luca Blight wrote: Oats, what are your reads in general?
Gob grack Luca mafia,

Dp ooo town

Naeyrs town

Ninja I’ve put in a spot in my head where I want to see her post now to make a determination.

Hu Tao town

Vivax I’m struggling with, I haven’t put much thought into his slot because I’ve been distracted by other reads/people but I’d say he’s town

Dann is another one where I had some issues with his posting in the first day especially with the ninja -> dp flip but like I said about dp early on, I think he’ll get resolved before mylo/lylo so I’m not gonna worry about him till then.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4002 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:07 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4000, Grackaroni wrote:
My bet from her posts is Oats, but that'd make me bad for copying OutofOrder/DP's read on him.
Why would you be be bad?
I put you as a top town read since you were active and reading through people's games to make meta reads + OutofOrder/DP both reading you as lock town.

In post 2443, SuperfluousNinja wrote: That's great, but like, why would we yeet anyone other than whoever Hu Tao mentions today?

Obviously we need to know if they are lying, and if they are, we yeet Hu Tao next, which I'm sure Hu Tao is well aware of, thus they wouldn't just make this up.

I see no reason to doubt Hu Tao here and don't plan on focusing on anyone other than whoever they bring up today.
Really depends on their claim, I’m also not a fan of the claim being done so early in the day

Announcing a red check puts scum in a position where they need to act in the same way that scum needs to act when they're reacting to a scum flip.

You've been cantankerous about pretty much every play this game and you thought that the correct play was to withhold the information and yet you were the only one cheering on the reveal. To me that's strange.
So walk me through what goes through scum!oats mind during that time.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4003 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:08 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3999, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3997, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3994, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3993, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3968, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 3797, outoforder wrote:
In post 2409, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I'm good with a hammer at any point. Nothing else I want to talk about today.
There is simply no way someone says this and after the flip says "all the people who voted for Dunn late have a high chance of being mafia".
I think some people view late joiners to wagons as scummier than the people that start wagons.

She's taking note of the people that joined onto wagons that were started by other people multiple times.
That’s not the issue, the issue is that she would’ve been in that group of people that joined the Dunn wagon if circumstances permitted her.
So why is she using the
sole fact
of joining the Dunn wagon as a reason to call someone mafia?

She's not. She spoke on specific reasons as to why she didn't like some of the votes.
Is there a reason you feel obligated to answer on behalf of someone else?

You mean like how you repeatedly intervened in my argument with Darth by arguing on his behalf and undermining every point I made?
Fair enough
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4004 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:09 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Since when did you townread Hu Tao?
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4005 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:10 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4002, Oatsmaster wrote:
Why would you be be bad?

"I better cheer so I don't look suspicious"
"What a dumb play. Hu-Tao should have withheld the red check to get more information."
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4006 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:15 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4004, Luca Blight wrote: Since when did you townread Hu Tao?
Since I wrote my reads out, Im thinking that it’s fairly unreasonable to do a gambit like that without a plan as mafia and she definitely didn’t have a plan
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4007 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:16 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4005, Grackaroni wrote:
Why would you be be bad?

"What a dumb play. Hu-Tao should have withheld the red check to get more information."
So why do I write the second bit if I’m concerned about looking suspicious?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4008 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:17 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Why would you be be bad?

Can you address why you are scumreading me for the very thing you are doing?
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4009 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:23 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4008, Oatsmaster wrote:
Why would you be be bad?

I really don't think that's what I'm doing.

When I scum read DP it was not the thread sentiment. People started moving towards DP and it provoked a strong reaction from DP.

When I made a push to vote you today it also provoked a strong reaction because I think I made it clear that I was intending to push for my read to try to get an execution.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4010 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:24 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3970, Grackaroni wrote: I'm actually thinking that Oats is scummier than Gob.
I’m not sure how that is possible tbh
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4011 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:26 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4006, Oatsmaster wrote:
Since I wrote my reads out, Im thinking that it’s fairly unreasonable to do a gambit like that without a plan as mafia and she definitely didn’t have a plan

You seem to have been scumreading Hu Tao for most of this day since her reaction test, so it seems odd that all of a sudden as you're writing out your reads list you become confident she is town.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4012 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:28 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4009, Grackaroni wrote:
Why would you be be bad?

When I scum read DP it was not the thread sentiment. People started moving towards DP and it provoked a strong reaction from DP.

When I made a push to vote you today it also provoked a strong reaction because I think I made it clear that I was intending to push for my read to try to get an execution.
Oh so you mean that when you push your read to get an execution that’s fine then? So when I push roden to get an execution that doesn’t count how exactly?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4013 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:29 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4011, Luca Blight wrote:

You seem to have been scumreading Hu Tao for most of this day since her reaction test, so it seems odd that all of a sudden as you're writing out your reads list you become confident she is town.
okay? Is there an actual specific question here or what
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4014 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:29 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4010, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3970, Grackaroni wrote: I'm actually thinking that Oats is scummier than Gob.
There's a few things tonally that have me questioning Gob.
In post 3838, gob wrote: yea im not gonna sit here and go over the same thing over and over, handholding people.

How about you guys make some reads and have confience you can find the answers with the info we cureently have
In post 3874, gob wrote:
In post 3872, outoforder wrote: Why did he exactly did he teach me wrong?
Saying exactly what you want, for instance.

If you are serious i can actually help you improve.

And if you dont think im worth learning from well… watch and learn
I kind of believe his posts where he thinks that he's playing better than us. And that seems much more likely to come from town on the verge of being yeeted than as scum on the verge of being yeeted.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4015 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:31 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4012, Oatsmaster wrote:
Why would you be be bad?

Oh so you mean that when you push your read to get an execution that’s fine then? So when I push roden to get an execution that doesn’t count how exactly?
Roden came after you hard at the start of the game because he thought your entrance was scummy.

My biggest pushes haven't been in reaction to other people attacking me.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4016 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:32 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4013, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 4011, Luca Blight wrote:

okay? Is there an actual specific question here or what

Well, not really, but I look forward to outoforder's reaction to it as he loves digging into things like read inconsistency.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4017 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:36 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Why would you be be bad?

Generally people will react strongly to getting limmed as either alignment cause either they -know- you are wrong or they are -acting- like you are wrong.

Either way NAI in my opinion.

I can see why people think oats is mafia, but I don’t think they are right, and I think the dann read is wrong too, although he is reacting strongly to the same stuff as me and ooo he has made genuinely good points and analysis that was original and relevant.

I started reading his mafia game from tl and while there were similarities to this game, I think in that game there was basically zero good analysis which is not the same.

I have had doubts about being pocketed by oats. But it’s also just as likely that we both think of the game the same way as we learned to play mafia at the same time with the same meta.

Further, I can see analysis, read progression and a world view of the game that makes sense to me.

He may be right or wrong but at least to me it is a consistent world view.

I can’t see any of that from gob. And his claim just doesn’t really make sense in terms of why claim then as opposed to any other time.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4018 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:37 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4015, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 4012, Oatsmaster wrote:
Why would you be be bad?

Roden came after you hard at the start of the game because he thought your entrance was scummy.

My biggest pushes haven't been in reaction to other people attacking me.
That’s not why you said you scum read me earlier, you said it’s because i piggybacked off of other peoples reads and don’t have original pushes myself. Why the moving goalposts?
I also argue that I was a main proponent in getting Dunn yeeted when he did get yeeted.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4019 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:38 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4014, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 3838, gob wrote: yea im not gonna sit here and go over the same thing over and over, handholding people.

How about you guys make some reads and have confience you can find the answers with the info we cureently have
In post 3874, gob wrote:

I kind of believe his posts where he thinks that he's playing better than us. And that seems much more likely to come from town on the verge of being yeeted than as scum on the verge of being yeeted.
Why does that come from town and not mafia trying to fake false bravado.

It kind of just comes across as whatever to me. In fact the more he leans into shit like that instead of solving or doing anything to further the town agenda the more scummy he appears.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4020 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:39 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3974, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 3900, Dannflor wrote: I think one thing that bothers me about oatsmaster's play is that he's spent a lot of time piggybacking off other people's pushes

I feel like he's spent a lot of time kinda adding on or backing up cases made by you and DP, but I can't remember a single push oatsmaster has made that's been entirely his own or at least truly started by himself, and that kinda sends off alarm bells because it doesn't seem like any of you TL guys have issues pushing things independently

so I'm worried he's scum hiding behind the forces of you / DP doin the dirty work for him

I'd feel a lot better about him if you could point to some independent pushes he's made probably
I think this is a quality read.

When Oats responded to this post he said that Dann forgot about Roden, but the Roden exchange started with Oats just calling people bad for relying on rvs and then Roden started pushing Oats as a scum read.

(Coincidentally I've also had success catching scum for entering in a game by repeatedly shitting on people's reasoning behind their reads without contributing any reads of their own.)
This was your original post going off of what dann was saying, but now you are saying that’s not what you mean?
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4021 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:44 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4019, DarthPunk wrote:

In post 3874, gob wrote:

It kind of just comes across as whatever to me. In fact the more he leans into shit like that instead of solving or doing anything to further the town agenda the more scummy he appears.
Maybe.

It seems more likely to me that this is his genuine feeling rather than that he's sitting as scum knowing that he's largely been caught and planning out this reaction as a way to deflect suspicion rather than just trying to contribute and push some suspicion towards someone else.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4022 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:48 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4020, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3974, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 3900, Dannflor wrote: I think one thing that bothers me about oatsmaster's play is that he's spent a lot of time piggybacking off other people's pushes

I feel like he's spent a lot of time kinda adding on or backing up cases made by you and DP, but I can't remember a single push oatsmaster has made that's been entirely his own or at least truly started by himself, and that kinda sends off alarm bells because it doesn't seem like any of you TL guys have issues pushing things independently

so I'm worried he's scum hiding behind the forces of you / DP doin the dirty work for him

I'd feel a lot better about him if you could point to some independent pushes he's made probably
I think this is a quality read.

When Oats responded to this post he said that Dann forgot about Roden, but the Roden exchange started with Oats just calling people bad for relying on rvs and then Roden started pushing Oats as a scum read.

(Coincidentally I've also had success catching scum for entering in a game by repeatedly shitting on people's reasoning behind their reads without contributing any reads of their own.)
This was your original post going off of what dann was saying, but now you are saying that’s not what you mean?
To me that doesn't count as initiating a push.

You can say that you initiated a push on me now, but it's entirely reactive to me putting you under pressure. That's the same as you and Roden.

The Dunnstral push I will give you some credit for. You should have answered that to Dann.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4023 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:50 pm

Post by Gypyx »

-
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4024 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:50 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4021, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 4019, DarthPunk wrote:

In post 3874, gob wrote:

Maybe.

It seems more likely to me that this is his genuine feeling rather than that he's sitting as scum knowing that he's largely been caught and planning out this reaction as a way to deflect suspicion rather than just trying to contribute and push some suspicion towards someone else.
I’m fine with tone reads. But at some point in a game of 150 pages if someone is town they will have done “something” to solve.

Like even with chez and slam, I think they are readable because although they troll, as town they are productive in the end, as mafia they are not.

I just don’t see how gob has been productive.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”