Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4025 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:50 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Oatsmaster (4) :
SuperfluousNinja / Dannflor / Luca Blight / Grackaroni
[Exe-2]

Gob (3) :
Naerys / Hu Tao / Darth Punk
[Exe-3]

SuperfluousNinja (1) :
outoforder
Luca Blight (1) :
oatsmaster
outoforder (1) :
gob

Not Voting (1):
Vivax

With 11 Alive, it takes 6 to secure an execution.

Day Two ends in (expired on 2024-02-18 14:43:52)

Mod Notes.
Last edited by Gypyx on Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4026 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:51 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4022, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 4020, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3974, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 3900, Dannflor wrote: I think one thing that bothers me about oatsmaster's play is that he's spent a lot of time piggybacking off other people's pushes

I feel like he's spent a lot of time kinda adding on or backing up cases made by you and DP, but I can't remember a single push oatsmaster has made that's been entirely his own or at least truly started by himself, and that kinda sends off alarm bells because it doesn't seem like any of you TL guys have issues pushing things independently

so I'm worried he's scum hiding behind the forces of you / DP doin the dirty work for him

I'd feel a lot better about him if you could point to some independent pushes he's made probably
I think this is a quality read.

When Oats responded to this post he said that Dann forgot about Roden, but the Roden exchange started with Oats just calling people bad for relying on rvs and then Roden started pushing Oats as a scum read.

(Coincidentally I've also had success catching scum for entering in a game by repeatedly shitting on people's reasoning behind their reads without contributing any reads of their own.)
This was your original post going off of what dann was saying, but now you are saying that’s not what you mean?
To me that doesn't count as initiating a push.

You can say that you initiated a push on me now, but it's entirely reactive to me putting you under pressure. That's the same as you and Roden.

The Dunnstral push I will give you some credit for. You should have answered that to Dann.
This doesn’t make any sense to me.

Initiating a push means putting out original reads and ideas that leads other other people looking and either agreeing or disagreeing with you. It has nothing to do with the initial reason why you did it.
Like how is what you are describing a scum tell?

You do notice that I don’t scumread roden initially even though he scumreads me pretty much immediately.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4027 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:51 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 4001, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3992, Luca Blight wrote: Oats, what are your reads in general?
Gob grack Luca mafia,

Dp ooo town

Naeyrs town

Ninja I’ve put in a spot in my head where I want to see her post now to make a determination.

Hu Tao town

Vivax I’m struggling with, I haven’t put much thought into his slot because I’ve been distracted by other reads/people but I’d say he’s town

Dann is another one where I had some issues with his posting in the first day especially with the ninja -> dp flip but like I said about dp early on, I think he’ll get resolved before mylo/lylo so I’m not gonna worry about him till then.
You just had me as scum, what changed?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4028 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:52 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 4004, Luca Blight wrote: Since when did you townread Hu Tao?
Glad you asked too :lol:
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4029 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:53 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Also grack, can you explain why you said earlier that you didn’t want to spend more than a couple hours an evening on this game, but now you seem raring to go? To yeet someone with plenty of time left in the day? To spend more than a couple hours an evening to push a yeet through?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4030 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:56 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4027, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 4001, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3992, Luca Blight wrote: Oats, what are your reads in general?
Gob grack Luca mafia,

Dp ooo town

Naeyrs town

Ninja I’ve put in a spot in my head where I want to see her post now to make a determination.

Hu Tao town

Vivax I’m struggling with, I haven’t put much thought into his slot because I’ve been distracted by other reads/people but I’d say he’s town

Dann is another one where I had some issues with his posting in the first day especially with the ninja -> dp flip but like I said about dp early on, I think he’ll get resolved before mylo/lylo so I’m not gonna worry about him till then.
You just had me as scum, what changed?
Since I wrote my reads out, Im thinking that it’s fairly unreasonable to do a gambit like that without a plan as mafia and she definitely didn’t have a plan

Also, I was thinking about your playstyle and how it’s not necessarily what I like but that doesn’t mean it’s scummy.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4031 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:59 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4029, Oatsmaster wrote: Also grack, can you explain why you said earlier that you didn’t want to spend more than a couple hours an evening on this game, but now you seem raring to go? To yeet someone with plenty of time left in the day? To spend more than a couple hours an evening to push a yeet through?
I don't lol. I'm getting tired of having to show up every single night for 2-3 hours and want to see a flip.

These days are super long and I didn't anticipate that i'd be on here every day for 1-2 months.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4032 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:05 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

Can you go back to your gob+me equity post and tell me how that changes now that you think gob is town?
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4033 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:08 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4032, Oatsmaster wrote: Can you go back to your gob+me equity post and tell me how that changes now that you think gob is town?
I still think that your post was approaching Gob from a strange angle and I still think the language you used at the end of the post was unnatural/forced.

It's a big part of why I think you're scum.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4034 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:10 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

Oats if you get eliminated now and flip scum you're going to get me shot.

It's really going to bolster my reputation.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4035 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:12 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

This post approaches Gob from a weird angle to me. I don't think Oats was scum reading Gob at the time but his default approach is to consider whether it would make sense for Gob to make his vote as mafia based off the two possibilities for Dan's alignment. This seems like a very unnatural approach to me. The more normal reaction imo is just to try to get more information.
Explain how this is scummy assuming gob is town. Unnatural isn’t cutting it.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4036 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:21 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Grack we aren’t yeeting oats right now
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4037 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:25 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4035, Oatsmaster wrote:
This post approaches Gob from a weird angle to me. I don't think Oats was scum reading Gob at the time but his default approach is to consider whether it would make sense for Gob to make his vote as mafia based off the two possibilities for Dan's alignment. This seems like a very unnatural approach to me. The more normal reaction imo is just to try to get more information.
My reaction after reading the posts was to pressure vote Gob and try to get more information.

Your reaction was to consider his posts from the perspective of Dann being mafia and Dann being town and look into the implications of both cases.

Then after you saw my vote trying to get him to explain his vote you laughed at me and asked what I was doing.

It doesn't come off as a townie approach to me, and then having what to me looks like awkward/unnatural writing at the end of the post makes it scummy to me.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4038 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:27 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

*From the perspective of Gob being mafia with Dann also as mafia and Gob being mafia with Dann as town.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4039 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:28 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4036, DarthPunk wrote: Grack we aren’t yeeting oats right now
Well we certainly aren't doing OutofOrder's Ninja showdown.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4040 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:33 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4039, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 4036, DarthPunk wrote: Grack we aren’t yeeting oats right now
Well we certainly aren't doing OutofOrder's Ninja showdown.
I want to see it at least, you know that OOO can get off a strong read if there is a reason too, and I think it will provide a lot of info.

Do you not even want to see what OOO and ninja think of the gob claim?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4041 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:35 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4037, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 4035, Oatsmaster wrote:
My reaction after reading the posts was to pressure vote Gob and try to get more information.

Your reaction was to consider his posts from the perspective of Dann being mafia and Dann being town and look into the implications of both cases.

Then after you saw my vote trying to get him to explain his vote you laughed at me and asked what I was doing.

It doesn't come off as a townie approach to me, and then having what to me looks like awkward/unnatural writing at the end of the post makes it scummy to me.
I already explained why I said “come on now grack”.

You described the differences in our approach to that situation but you never make the connection as to how that’s scummy. Townies approach situations differently all the time.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4042 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:36 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

I have changed my mind about the long days being pro town btw, I think it makes it hard for townies to stay engaged and keeps the discussions going around and around in circles.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4043 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:38 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

So i understand wanting to see a flip, but I think its still wrong right now before OOO can finish working out the game as there is a good chance he just gets NK after we yeet oats, and I think oats is town, so all in all that would be a pretty bad outcome.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4044 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:45 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3941, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3938, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3935, Hu Tao wrote: Actually, looking it over it has changed a bit since then

Top town
SuperfluousNinja, outoforder

Townish
Dannflor

Mid
Grackaroni, Vivax, Luca Blight,

Leaning
DarthPunk, Naerys

Scum
Oatsmaster, Gob

Vivax I think becomes way scummier if oats flips scum. But independently he isn't as scummy.

I still also think there is something in the dann/gob/vivax/oat dynamics. Wondering if the team can be gob/vivax/oat
What are your thoughts about your top town read scum reading your other top town read.
I think it's just playstyle clash.
What about OOO's case is about playstyle?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4045 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:46 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4006, Oatsmaster wrote:
Since I wrote my reads out, Im thinking that it’s fairly unreasonable to do a gambit like that without a plan as mafia and she definitely didn’t have a plan
This is a good point actually.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4046 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:47 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4042, DarthPunk wrote: I have changed my mind about the long days being pro town btw, I think it makes it hard for townies to stay engaged and keeps the discussions going around and around in circles.
Of the couple games I checked, there are a lotta scum wins lol.
Not really sure if it’s player base or format related lol
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4047 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:48 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4011, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 4006, Oatsmaster wrote:

You seem to have been scumreading Hu Tao for most of this day since her reaction test, so it seems odd that all of a sudden as you're writing out your reads list you become confident she is town.
why would mafia!oats be inconsistent with HT now when he is facing pressure just before his death?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4048 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:48 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4046, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 4042, DarthPunk wrote: I have changed my mind about the long days being pro town btw, I think it makes it hard for townies to stay engaged and keeps the discussions going around and around in circles.
You should just start dumping reads if you haven't already, I am not sure I can save you here.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4049 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:52 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 4048, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 4046, Oatsmaster wrote:
You should just start dumping reads if you haven't already, I am not sure I can save you here.
That last one is where I’m at in a very general sense. I don’t have time tonight to get more detailed but I’ll try tomorrow, I think ninja probably hammers me ngl

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”