Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4675 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:19 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Oh, I only had one scumread mid-way through D1?

I guess that means I must be scum then, here on D4. There's no other explanation for it.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4676 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:21 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

It's not like you have clear scumreads yourself here, is it?

In post 689, Grackaroni wrote: Finished reading through the thread.

My top town are Dannfloor/gob/Hu Tao.

Dannfloor for leading the pushes in thread. I don't feel either of them have been scum-motivated.

The way Gob posts I just don't see coming from scum.

Hu-Tao - I liked post #576 the most, but he just seems very care free while still contributing.

I don't like the way OutofOrder has been posting so far. I think as town he is able to consistently assist the town by narrowing and eliminating people from the lynch pool, while as scum he is able to build up a large post count by getting into arguments that lead nowhere.

I'd probably favor lynching a lurker at this point since there are some people that are giving absolutely nothing, but if not a lurker then I would lynch Ninja/Roden.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4677 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:23 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Then later in the day, two scum-leans, one of which is your partner (who you townread until you faced some heat for it).

In post 2150, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 2140, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 2138, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 2134, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 2131, SuperfluousNinja wrote: And who is "our"? Am I the only one here who doesn't know what Team Liquid is?
TL players:
DP
Grack
Oats
Outoforder
Vivax

Basically, the top 4 highest postcounts + grack.
Rude
Where is your head at grack? Have you caught up to the thread?
Yeah I'm caught up.

I'm mostly clueless. I have a lot of question marks and not a lot of confidence that I'll be able to resolve those question marks.

Town:
Vivax
Oatsmaster

Town Lean

Ninja
OutofOrder

Null

DarthPunk
Dannflor
LucaBlight
Dunnstral
Roden
Naerys

Scum Lean

Gob
Hu Tao
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4678 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:26 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

It's deja-vu!
In post 998, Luca Blight wrote:
Yes, that's true. It's just not something I'm used to seeing from scum on this level, but you could be right in this case. I certainly find it hard to understand Vivax's perspective on most things, as I've said.

btw I now think the opposite of what I said earlier regarding oats/Roden. I think it's very unlikely to be S/S, given Roden's reveal as to the actual intentions behind his questions. I don't think it would have got to that point if they were both scum.
In post 1468, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1089, Vivax wrote: I am more amicable and diplomatic as mafia. I rarely take risks. I think if I had to pick my mafia version for this game it would be much more similar to how Luca Blight plays.
Maybe I should scumread him after all.

I'm a little suspicious of this, because I don't see why it would take until this point in time for Vivax to have this consideration. For me, this is the first thing I think about, which is why i was suspicious of outoforder and Roden early doors for their sudden burst of energy, as it's reminiscent of my past scum games.
In post 1470, Luca Blight wrote: One theory that has crossed my mind - Vivax is being belligerent with players who he knows will scumread him for passive behaviour, while playing it cool on players who might be more easily influenced.

Vivax has played it very cool on me all game, and has only started to raise doubts since I criticised some of his posts.
This one's just funny to me because so far your only comment on Vivax has been that his posts don't make sense and that you don't think he'd go against the grain like this as mafia, and then you use the same line of reasoning for Vivax being mafia as you do for me now.

("very convenient that you're attacking me after I criticized your post!")
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4679 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:27 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

I re-evaluated.

Not my fault nobody else chose to vote him Day 1.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4680 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:30 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I've had conflicting thoughts on Vivax throughout the game, what of it? Dann had similar thoughts to my own on the matter.

I think both you and Vivax are scummy, for what it's worth, and it's still a real possibility that you could be partners from where I'm standing, but I'm not ruling out you/Naerys.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4681 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:32 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4679, Grackaroni wrote: I re-evaluated.

Not my fault nobody else chose to vote him Day 1.

But when people did start to vote Gob D2 you switched to oats, right?

Also, if you're town then it's on you to push your scumread. It clearly had support from people like Darth, who was the reason you switched your read on Gob in the first place.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4682 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:33 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

First shade towards me comes in reaction to me pushing suspicion towards him.
In post 1487, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1124, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1089, Vivax wrote: I am more amicable and diplomatic as mafia. I rarely take risks. I think if I had to pick my mafia version for this game it would be much more similar to how Luca Blight plays.
Maybe I should scumread him after all.
I can get behind this read.

Luca's posts are all very logical but there's something that feels off about it to me. He posts a light suspicion of Dann and then says that Dann is clear town after seeing his first case. Similarly he posts some things concerning him about DP/OoO, but then comes around pretty quickly to both of them being townie. He's not at all worried that a stronger player could have rolled mafia and his posts just feel rather safe.

I just don't see Dann's play as coming from scum at all, no matter how good he might be at playing scum. Just about every move he has made since his case on ninja has reflected my own reactions upon reading through. If he actually is scum then fair play, it's a masterful performance and he deserves it.

Outoforder seemed very town in his sorting of me earlier and in his general play. There has been the slightly underhanded shading that has given me pause for thought, but I am still pretty confident on him being town.

Regarding 'safe' posts, I actually feel a lot of your posts (including the one I'm quoting) are very much in the 'safe' category. I would much prefer to play in a more dynamic way, which I feel I'm normally capable of, but as I've said I'm finding it difficult in this current game state.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4683 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:36 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Grack, what doesn't make sense is why you suddenly think I'm scum
now
? To the point that you're seemingly willing to bet the game that it's specifically a Luca/Vivax scumteam.

Try elaborating on this, rather than scraping the barrel over D1 content that has little relevance. If it was so compelling, you would have cased me as being scum on D2, but you didn't.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4684 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

Next scum read is also in reaction to being pushed.
In post 1559, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1347, Hu Tao wrote: Yeah, Dann doesn't have an ego. Just a good player. imo

I don't disagree with the above, but at this point I'm going to put Hu Tao as a scumread. She doesn't seem to add anything relevant to the discussions, and only comments on thigs that have no real bearing on the game.

She has also voted me but not, as far as I can see, presented any thought-process behind this read.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4685 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:41 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Like, if you genuinely believed I was 100% scum based on this current situation, there would be no need to go through my iso from the start of D1 nit-picking anything you can get your hands on that might make me look bad.

What is the reason that you're so sure me and Vivax are scum right now?
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4686 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:43 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

Game will obviously look differently now that almost all of the alignments are known.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4687 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:43 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

For example, I can point specifically to your interactions around Gob as being particularly incriminating. This is new information that has come to light following Gob's flip.

What have you got that's suddenly changed your mind on me?
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4688 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

I realized DP was town and Ninja has been checked.

That leaves you/Nearys/Hu-Tao/Vivax from my perspective. When re-reading through parts of the game it really puts a magnifying glass on your posts.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4689 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:46 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

So why is it necessarily a Luca/Vivax team from that?
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4690 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:49 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4689, Luca Blight wrote: So why is it necessarily a Luca/Vivax team from that?
It just seemed the most likely to me.

It may not be the case.

There are a lot of interactions with you trying to discern Vivax's alignment and mentioning that you are eager to ISO him further.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4691 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:56 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I've said the same thing about you at least twice this game as well. Both you and Vivax are players I've found difficult to read this game in general.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4692 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:02 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4691, Luca Blight wrote: I've said the same thing about you at least twice this game as well. Both you and Vivax are players I've found difficult to read this game in general.
Yeah we're definitely the strangest. :)
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4693 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:04 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

I've gotten to the early-middle phase and you're just posting a lot of commentary on Dann/DP without really leading anywhere.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4694 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:06 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

I think this was one of the parts of the game that I phased out.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4695 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:12 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

Honestly though you describe your play as 'antagonizing the entire TL crew' when the reality is that they were all pushing for you and you were just responding to that, and then the DP/Dann posts that you say prompted DP to push you were just empty commentary about each other's pushes when you didn't even agree with either of them.
In post 1650, Luca Blight wrote: I just fail to see that Darth's only conclusion following this is that I must be scum. There's no possible alternative here?

Like I've mentioned already, Darth's play is very predictable. I could see his vote on me coming before he did it. i could see his scumread of me coming before he said it. Dann knew this as well, which is part of the reason he scumread Darth in the first place.

As scum, would I really defend Dann to the extent I have here and make an inevitable enemy in a player who is supposed to be brilliant as Town?
Only in some ridiculous gambit, yet this excellent 'town' player doesn't even consider the fact that I could actually be town here, defending my biggest townread?

I intend to vote Darth but have no idea what the VC is, so will hold off until then.
Come on now.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4696 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:15 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

Even when you're not taking a stance you're still considering that your non-committal response to his case could end up creating a 'powerful enemy'

Compare that with the way I respond to DP's case on you.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4697 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:19 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Grack can you can explain why you think vivax is scum and when you changed your mind about him cause early on you hard town read him for I think the correct reasons.

Now you think he is mafia and I don’t really see the progression.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4698 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:33 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Grack how did you realise I was town?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4699 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:34 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

It's not well considered. The main reason was from my interaction with him yesterday and seeing a lot of his name in Gob and now also Luca's ISO. (And I really wouldn't discount the possibility that Gob posted his real scum team.)
In post 4438, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 4435, Vivax wrote: I‘m not fond of the way Grack adressed Oats regarding HT‘s fakeclaim and all.

The way he reacted to said claim was one of the reasons I had him as town.
Then why didn't you say any of that in the previous phase?
In post 4452, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 4442, Vivax wrote:
In post 4435, Vivax wrote: I‘m not fond of the way Grack adressed Oats regarding HT‘s fakeclaim and all.

Yeah, Vivax, why can‘t you just do everything at once ?

I was busy with Luca and Oats and his zany theory about us being partnered.
It is why I'm doubting you though.

When I played with you on mafia universe you were actively trying to get people to yeet me throughout the game. In the last phase you were placing me in teams, but you weren't trying to convince anyone to yeet me or even mentioning the things I was doing that you found scummy - and obviously I'm the front runner to be yeeted now and you mention this for the first time.
In post 4455, Vivax wrote:
In post 4452, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 4442, Vivax wrote:

Yeah, Vivax, why can‘t you just do everything at once ?

I was busy with Luca and Oats and his zany theory about us being partnered.
It is why I'm doubting you though.

When I played with you on mafia universe you were actively trying to get people to yeet me throughout the game. In the last phase you were placing me in teams, but you weren't trying to convince anyone to yeet me or even mentioning the things I was doing that you found scummy - and obviously I'm the front runner to be yeeted now and you mention this for the first time.
Yeah that‘s why my vote is on Luca Blight.
Anything else ?
In post 4552, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 4550, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 4549, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 4547, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Vivax, if you answer my question in post 4453, I'll cast the hammer vote!

Don't get in the way of progress, Vivax :)
Hammer please. :)
Ask him to answer the questions!
I don't even know what the questions are. I got caught up replying to DP's attempt to bury me with his scum-motivated crap.

I do think Vivax was very shifty in his reply to me.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”