Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4700 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:35 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4656, Grackaroni wrote: It's because I re-read some of the exchanges from the early pages.

DP was doing a good job of trying to build pressure on Gob right as I was entering the thread and I pushed him off it.

This post in particular I realized is very likely coming from the perspective of scum looking to defend themselves from town rather than the type of post scum makes while distancing.
In post 408, gob wrote:
In post 405, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 399, gob wrote:
In post 391, DarthPunk wrote: Basically my case on GOB is that he openly stated he was posting for the sake of posting.

That is mafia 101 scummy. What can I say? I am a simple man, I see a scum claim, I vote.
It's a simple turn of phrase. You and Ninja are reading way too much into that.

I find it weird you choose to vote me over Roden though, trying to save Ninja?
It may be a simple turn of phrase but was it true? If so, why were you posting for the sake of posting?

I am not trying to 'save' anyone. I am trying to get the elim correct. I think Ninja also has a good chance of flipping mafia, but I want to elim the person with the
best
chance of flipping mafia.
It wasn't really true. I was really just trying to post to 'charge myself up' so to speak, and also move the topic away from whatever was going on at the time since i deemed it not worthwhile.
For me, that is posting for the sake of posting, cause I am posting to 'charge myself up' when in reality I could go 'charge myself up' doing something else IRL, but i instead chose to post in the thread. So from a certain point of view it was a selfish play since it was purely focused on elevating my play. That is why I described it was the terminology I did.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4701 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:41 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

I would continue but it's getting super late and I need to sleep.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4702 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:43 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

That’s fine I want to take time to figure this lynch out.

Grack you look 100 percent the worst by association with gob and hypothetically you are town, so in that case why would gob spew be interesting to you at all, as you know that it’s fallible.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4703 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:43 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

Sorry for the slip up mods.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4704 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:55 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 4702, DarthPunk wrote: That’s fine I want to take time to figure this lynch out.

Grack you look 100 percent the worst by association with gob and hypothetically you are town, so in that case why would gob spew be interesting to you at all, as you know that it’s fallible.
I don't think it's fallible.

I think people's ability to read it is fallible.

I think it's obvious that I wouldn't play the way that I have if I was partnered with Gob, but that's for you guys to discover.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4705 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:56 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 4704, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 4702, DarthPunk wrote: That’s fine I want to take time to figure this lynch out.

I don't think it's fallible.

I think people's ability to read it is fallible.

I think it's obvious that I wouldn't play the way that I have if I was partnered with Gob, but that's for you guys to discover.
Honestly I can’t recall if we have played together before, so I have no meta on you really at all.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4706 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:37 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

I'm surprised to find myself a lot more sympathetic towards Grack than Luca in this exchange.

What's the reason for the exasperation, Luca? How pissed are you that I didn't yeet Grack last night?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4707 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:40 am

In post 4680, Luca Blight wrote: I've had conflicting thoughts on Vivax throughout the game, what of it? Dann had similar thoughts to my own on the matter.

I think both you and Vivax are scummy, for what it's worth, and it's still a real possibility that you could be partners from where I'm standing, but I'm not ruling out you/Naerys.

Then hammer Vivax. It's that simple.

If you think the only alternative is Grack / Naerys, then Vivax's flip would tell you that.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4708 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:03 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4706, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I'm surprised to find myself a lot more sympathetic towards Grack than Luca in this exchange.

What's the reason for the exasperation, Luca? How pissed are you that I didn't yeet Grack last night?

Why would I be pissed about that? I was the one who told you not to rush. In fact, I could have hammered Grack myself if I had wanted.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4709 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:05 am

I don't know, why don't you just tell me, why are you pissed? Like what is driving your attitude over the last couple pages?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4710 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:05 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4707, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 4680, Luca Blight wrote: I've had conflicting thoughts on Vivax throughout the game, what of it? Dann had similar thoughts to my own on the matter.

I think both you and Vivax are scummy, for what it's worth, and it's still a real possibility that you could be partners from where I'm standing, but I'm not ruling out you/Naerys.

If you think the only alternative is Grack / Naerys, then Vivax's flip would tell you that.

But then I'm in a position where I'm more likely to be mislimmed tomorrow, especially when you're dead. I would rather get it right today, and Grack is my biggest scumread at the moment. I still might be open to doing Vivax, but I haven't got around to iso'ing him yet.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4711 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:06 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4709, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I don't know, why don't you just tell me, why are you pissed? Like what is driving your attitude over the last couple pages?

I'm not pissed? I'm just defending myself against baseless arguments, and against the player I think is most likely to be scum.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4712 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:11 am

I'll tell you this: I no longer think Grack is scum.

My two big reasons for this:

1) He was asking, if not
begging
, me to hammer him. Why in the world does scum do that? "Fuck my team that I've been building a relationship with over the past 3 real-time weeks, I just give up and fold under pressure"? He puts up no fight at all as scum? For real?

2) Every single player in this game was a consensus "yes" on yeeting him. I didn't see anyone put up any fight, any resistance whatsoever, to yeeting him. That should tell you, at the very least, that scum is getting what they want out of doing this. That could very well be a bus, trying to build town cred. But you have to admit that the more likely explanation is that we all made a mistake.

I mean I can see why we felt this way. He hasn't been super active, and by his own admission, he realized that this game is a bit more involved than he anticipated. You are grilling him, Luca, on how behind he is, but he did outright tell everyone that this game is pretty demanding for him and he's struggled to keep up. It is easy to scum-read literally anyone who isn't keeping up with the game as town, and it's even easier to do it as scum.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4713 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:12 am

Post by Luca Blight »

This post reflects my attitude:

In post 4659, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 4657, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 4655, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 4652, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 4224, Naerys wrote:
In post 1670, gob wrote: im the mafia and my teammates are Luca and Vivax
:lol: i wish gob actually spewed his team like this...
I think this is legitimately the scum team,
and Hu-Tao's already on track for success with voting off me/Vivax/Luca
. Mafia will have to kill off Ninja tonight or else she will be forced to re-adjust her reads if she's left in the game. DP will work things out at the end after the flips if he's left in.

Bit disappointed I defended scum throughout the game and at the most inopportune timing. So painful reading through.

I just want to highlight how fake this is, when Grack seemingly didn't scumread me until just now (that I've said he's my biggest scumread) and his Darth scumread has vanished into thin air, to the point that he's willing to bet the game on me and Vivax being the scumteam, based on Gob's random shitposting.
I'm everyone's biggest scum read, and you made the same post last night, so I really couldn't care less about your re-iteration of it today.

I don't see a scum team without you on it.

You hadn't posted anything of note in between the two posts, so that's irrelevant and the point stands.

Of course, if you are indeed scum then strategically you have no choice but to now fight back against me. I'm just pointing out the transparent nature of it.

I'm not pissed in the slightest, I'm just playing the game against someone who is trying to wriggle his way out of being limmed by flinging whatever mud he can find in my general direction. I have no qualms beyond that.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4714 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:13 am

In post 4710, Luca Blight wrote:

But then I'm in a position where I'm more likely to be mislimmed tomorrow, especially when you're dead. I would rather get it right today, and Grack is my biggest scumread at the moment. I still might be open to doing Vivax, but I haven't got around to iso'ing him yet.

1) Why are you convinced you'd be yeeted, if you think you're correct about Vivax? You have been pretty clear all day about Vivax being scum, so if you voted him out and yeeted him, would that not make you in particular a lot less likely to be yeeted?

2) Who cares, really, about a misyeet after 2 scum are dead, when we can still use a misyeet and be fine?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4715 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:14 am

In post 4713, Luca Blight wrote: I'm not pissed in the slightest, I'm just playing the game against someone who is trying to wriggle his way out of being limmed by flinging whatever mud he can find in my general direction. I have no qualms beyond that.

I figured that's what you were doing. Just needed to hear it from you.

That said, frankly I don't think your case is that good. It's a lot of "why did you change your mind on X?" It's not like town cannot change their mind on things.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4716 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:16 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4712, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I'll tell you this: I no longer think Grack is scum.

1) He was asking, if not
begging
, me to hammer him. Why in the world does scum do that? "Fuck my team that I've been building a relationship with over the past 3 real-time weeks, I just give up and fold under pressure"? He puts up no fight at all as scum? For real?

2) Every single player in this game was a consensus "yes" on yeeting him. I didn't see anyone put up any fight, any resistance whatsoever, to yeeting him. That should tell you, at the very least, that scum is getting what they want out of doing this. That could very well be a bus, trying to build town cred. But you have to admit that the more likely explanation is that we all made a mistake.

I mean I can see why we felt this way. He hasn't been super active, and by his own admission, he realized that this game is a bit more involved than he anticipated. You are grilling him, Luca, on how behind he is, but he did outright tell everyone that this game is pretty demanding for him and he's struggled to keep up. It is easy to scum-read literally anyone who isn't keeping up with the game as town, and it's even easier to do it as scum.

I was grilling him on scumreading me for something when he completely misunderstood the context of what was happening, that's a bit different.

You could ask what scum begs to be hammered, but what town does? Scum at least benefit from reverse-psychology, which is what has led you to now townread him. I've seen it many times in this game from both alignments. It's not alignment-indicative, in my opinion, because as scum he would feel in a more hopeless spot than if he's town.

The fact his partner is most likely bussing him makes it even more likely he would be resigned to his fate as scum.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4717 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:17 am

In post 4712, SuperfluousNinja wrote: I'll tell you this: I no longer think Grack is scum.

1) He was asking, if not
begging

Actually, now that I think about this, maybe it isn't
more
likely that every townie screwed up that read than it is that we were all correct but that scum really wanted that bus to collide. Either way, for sure it bothers me that yeeting him was clearly what scum wanted. I don't, at this moment, understand exactly why they wanted that, but the fact that 100% of us wanted him dead means that that includes scum, and we'd be giving scum what they want by killing Grack. Thus I just have no interest in doing it.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4718 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:19 am

In post 4716, Luca Blight wrote: You could ask what scum begs to be hammered, but what town does?

The exhausted townie does. He hasn't the slightest clue who is on his team, who is actually on his side and who isn't, and thus has no camaraderie with anyone.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4719 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:20 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4714, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

1) Why are you convinced you'd be yeeted, if you think you're correct about Vivax? You have been pretty clear all day about Vivax being scum, so if you voted him out and yeeted him, would that not make you in particular a lot less likely to be yeeted?

2) Who cares, really, about a misyeet after 2 scum are dead, when we can still use a misyeet and be fine?

I'm no longer convinced about Vivax. Darth townreads him and he was right on oats while I was wrong. In truth, I find Vivax perplexing.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4720 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:24 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4718, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 4716, Luca Blight wrote: You could ask what scum begs to be hammered, but what town does?

The exhausted townie does. He hasn't the slightest clue who is on his team, who is actually on his side and who isn't, and thus has no camaraderie with anyone.

Or the resigned scum does, especially one being bussed.

Grack is apparently convinced i am scum, so why not even raise that point before begging to be hammered if he's town? I understand why you townread Grack for it as it was my initial reaction as well, hence I told you not to rush in hammering him and why i didn't myself, but this is a cheap tactic frequently used by scum, and it could even be genuine emotion because as scum he doesn't want to put in a lot of effort only to be yeeted anyway.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4721 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:31 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4717, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

1) He was asking, if not
begging

more
likely that every townie screwed up that read than it is that we were all correct but that scum really wanted that bus to collide. Either way, for sure it bothers me that yeeting him was clearly what scum wanted. I don't, at this moment, understand exactly why they wanted that, but the fact that 100% of us wanted him dead means that that includes scum, and we'd be giving scum what they want by killing Grack. Thus I just have no interest in doing it.

Actions speak louder than words. Until I voted Grack, Vivax was the main wagon. Could the same not apply to Vivax, that everyone is ok with eliminating him? Apart from Darth, who I very much doubt is scum at this point.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4722 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:41 am

In post 4721, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 4717, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

1) He was asking, if not
begging

more

Actions speak louder than words. Until I voted Grack, Vivax was the main wagon. Could the same not apply to Vivax, that everyone is ok with eliminating him? Apart from Darth, who I very much doubt is scum at this point.

There you go, you answered it yourself. Maybe you shouldn't doubt that he is scum? At the very least, it redirects his townie energy towards actually useful endeavors.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4723 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:41 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4715, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 4713, Luca Blight wrote: I'm not pissed in the slightest, I'm just playing the game against someone who is trying to wriggle his way out of being limmed by flinging whatever mud he can find in my general direction. I have no qualms beyond that.

I figured that's what you were doing. Just needed to hear it from you.

That said, frankly I don't think your case is that good. It's a lot of "why did you change your mind on X?" It's not like town cannot change their mind on things.

I don't think that's what I said. My point was that Grack townread Gob based on his early posting style, but was then grilled on this by Darth, and grack then yielded to not only withdraw his townread on Gob but to vote him, while linking Gob to being potentially partnered with Dann. He then sits on that vote for most of the day, which was a vanity wagon, but never votes Gob when he's actually in danger of being limmed despite his continued scumread on him.

It clearly points to Darth being more likely town and Grack scum, in my opinion, and Grack's reaction to my suspicion all but confirms that he's scum in my mind.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4724 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:43 am

In post 4719, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 4714, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

I'm no longer convinced about Vivax. Darth townreads him and he was right on oats while I was wrong. In truth, I find Vivax perplexing.

If not Vivax, then who? Grack and who? Naerys, I guess?

If we flip Vivax and he's town, voila, you are set. It's Grack and Naerys, gg everyone, let the celebration begin.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”