Kemusan - Game Over

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #124 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:42 pm

Post by Cabd »

Hi.

Greetings.

Salutations.

The world greeted me with both a feverish toddler AND 50k in damages flooding in my basement today.

It's 11:40 PM, I'm on like my 3rd caffeine-weed pill of the day, and I am fucking exhausted.

But out of the goodness of my heart, I will declare thusly: Ffery is so badly missing her old haunts that she's decided to just blitz through all the buzzwords now to get to the meat early. And... groan.... that means my chances for taking the leg up in our perpetual (not mylo fuck that setup) grind are up in smoke.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #133 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:44 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 130, Firebringer wrote:
In post 129, RH9 wrote: I want to compare her tone before deciding if I should propose a pair with her or not.
SHE IS FUCKING HIGH
Coping with drawing you as a partner requires drastic measures~

Let her have her outlet.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #135 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:45 pm

Post by Cabd »

Hi I apparently want to post more than I want to sleep, can a few responsible adults please yell at me to go the fuck to sleep so I can fix my basement tomorrow.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #139 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:46 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 134, Firebringer wrote:
In post 124, Cabd wrote: AND 50k in damages flooding in my basement today.
Woooof

That sucks
Yes but insurance is covering it. So there's that. Two basement floods in three years is ass given neither was an actual flood-weather-=event though. EX rank luck got siphoned off as far as home repairs are concerned.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #145 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:47 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 140, Firebringer wrote:
In post 135, Cabd wrote: Hi I apparently want to post more than I want to sleep, can a few responsible adults please yell at me to go the fuck to sleep so I can fix my basement tomorrow.
i am not a responsible adult
You probably would have let Pidgeon drive the bus, yes.

BTW ffery I'm 150% taking it for granted that you're gonna want to dance with me, I'll be waiting. You'll get there eventually. Let me know when! Or you know, faceplant. That's a choice too.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #148 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:49 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 144, Firebringer wrote: fferyllt desperately trying to blend here. Its adorable
It's okay she can just hide in a hood with me and post 80 pages in 24 hours, and then I'll let the thread know. (But she's already clearly eager to dance, so if she's scum, she has one HELLUVA team behind her, and no offense to anyone, but I'm trying to think of three names that ffery draws out of you lot that makes her this eager to go go go in her first game back, directly at me.)
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #152 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:50 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 147, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 145, Cabd wrote:
In post 140, Firebringer wrote:
In post 135, Cabd wrote: Hi I apparently want to post more than I want to sleep, can a few responsible adults please yell at me to go the fuck to sleep so I can fix my basement tomorrow.
i am not a responsible adult
You probably would have let Pidgeon drive the bus, yes.

BTW ffery I'm 150% taking it for granted that you're gonna want to dance with me, I'll be waiting. You'll get there eventually. Let me know when! Or you know, faceplant. That's a choice too.
was that a mike Tyson mysteries reference
Children's musical theater adaptation of a kid's novel. Penguin and I took our little one to a stage play of it last Monday.
https://www.mtishows.com/dont-let-the-p ... -the-bus-0

She got like, 3/4ths of the way through before bailing, lest she end up overwhelmed and bite me in the hand, MUCH better call by her.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #155 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:51 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 150, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 148, Cabd wrote:
In post 144, Firebringer wrote: fferyllt desperately trying to blend here. Its adorable
It's okay she can just hide in a hood with me and post 80 pages in 24 hours, and then I'll let the thread know. (But she's already clearly eager to dance, so if she's scum, she has one HELLUVA team behind her, and no offense to anyone, but I'm trying to think of three names that ffery draws out of you lot that makes her this eager to go go go in her first game back, directly at me.)
hi
Mmm, yeah okay fair you two would be able to double team me, point semi-retracted but still mostly stands except a low subset of possible partner draws.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #158 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:52 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 156, Bell wrote: Are you sure you wanna go with what she’s trying to present herself as instead of what she’s usually like, which is somewhat awkward as scum.
That adage is about ten years out of date at this point in time.

Morph scum rehab was a THING.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #163 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:54 pm

Post by Cabd »

I see I've taken the lead on the ongoing "Don't fuck up the tags" war.

1-0
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #168 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:55 pm

Post by Cabd »

NGL part of me wants to pair with you last just to make the thread really long in order to effort-sort some of the effort-sortable posters, but I don't wanna lose the ones who would die of the trek, like Spiffeh.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #178 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:57 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 174, fferyllt wrote:
In post 148, Cabd wrote:
You get me.

Maybe.
Have we ever not gotten each other? It's why we're locked in nuclear winter at all times. As does the world, our arms race is now all about drones~
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #183 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:58 pm

Post by Cabd »

I have about 2 minutes left in me before I actually do go shower and hit the hay, by the by.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #191 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:00 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 185, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 183, Cabd wrote: I have about 2 minutes left in me before I actually do go shower and hit the hay, by the by.
okay quickfire reads list go
ffery town
The rest of you lot insignificant until I actually trust myself to not take back the first one, or decide to blow us both skyhigh in a fit of paranoia. Or SHE decides to blow us up in a fit of paranoia. It's our destiny.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #193 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:01 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 189, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 187, Firebringer wrote:
In post 185, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 183, Cabd wrote: I have about 2 minutes left in me before I actually do go shower and hit the hay, by the by.
okay quickfire reads list go
TOOO SERIOUS
noooo

okay Uhhh

tsukihime character tierlist go
I once cosplayed Shiki while my girlfriend at the time cosplayed Akiha at anime expo. We were fully dating and involved. It got very weird.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #199 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:02 pm

Post by Cabd »

She passed out in front of the dealer hall's PS2 playing melty blood as herself. We ended up evacuating her back to the hotel and raiding panda express for as much spinach as possible, it was a low iron spike.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #206 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:04 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 195, fferyllt wrote:
In post 171, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 166, Bell wrote:
In post 158, Cabd wrote:
In post 156, Bell wrote: Are you sure you wanna go with what she’s trying to present herself as instead of what she’s usually like, which is somewhat awkward as scum.
That adage is about ten years out of date at this point in time.

Morph scum rehab was a THING.
Cabd and FF are scum, Pooky, I didn’t sign up for this.
okay but if you really think this cant we habe them pair up generate a solve while doing a few elims then leave to have their alignments proven so we know who and what to trust
Cabd is taking a very real risk that I wake up in the middle of the night and leave the dance. If he's town and I know it, we'll both burn bright and flash to nothingness. I want to be in the game long enough to make a difference, but I have no illusions about my shelf life.
Being in the same game does indeed basically ensure this happens even if we don't partner up, most everyone is gonna want our reads on each other and then leave us both before endgame unless you fucks somehow get us both as scum, which, uh, I don't think I'm worried about.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #208 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:05 pm

Post by Cabd »

Yes, about 5 minutes ago, ready to shower. Do what you like, I'll wake up at 3am and inevitably binge-read all the new posts instead of sleeping and maybe take your hand if I see an ask.

I'm done.

GG body won, getting old sucks.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #209 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:06 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 207, Bell wrote: Actually I was going to try to avoid asking for or listening to either of you because I recently reviewed an old game and you were complaining about that.

It was true two years ago so it must be true today. ‘_’
Oh shit, he's cute again.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #210 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:08 pm

Post by Cabd »

Did you miss us that much, Bell?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #217 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:10 pm

Post by Cabd »

Hold on checking if I'm allowed to reject you then accept you just for ultimate style points.

In my defense the water is heating up... we have to run the water heater in low-capacity mode to avoid the still-present leak source and I forgot that because see: high.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #221 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:12 pm

Post by Cabd »

What gives. You're handing over the quicker to bell alignment card too? He's the biggest puppy dog bell I've seen in years.

To be fair he's the only bell I've like, actually seen, in years. But still. It's no fun if you give me all the first points. Are you looking down on me?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #223 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:13 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 220, fferyllt wrote:
In post 219, Bell wrote:
In post 210, Cabd wrote: Did you miss us that much, Bell?
I like you guys.
~scritches your ears~
I am a certified head scratcher. All five of my household clients recommend me at five of five stars.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #231 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:20 pm

Post by Cabd »

See you all in about twenty minutes when I can't fall asleep and I pick back up my phone and refuse to try to sleep again for like at least an hour.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #233 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:22 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 232, fireisredsir wrote: im 4 pages in and im pretty sure everyone is scum

maybe not bell
Silver medalist attempt.

I'm walking up the stairs wow I missed you all.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #245 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:26 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 243, Bell wrote:
In post 231, Cabd wrote: See you all in about twenty minutes when I can't fall asleep and I pick back up my phone and refuse to try to sleep again for like at least an hour.
A cephism from Cabd.
Hmm.
Wait he got his own move named after him while I as gone? Amazing.

Let's continue to make Bell squirm, it's always fun when he puppybrains.

I am now moving to the bedroom and shutting off the lights.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #251 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:29 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 249, Bell wrote: Yeah I trade marked it.
It's when Ceph says something super relatable that has nothing to do with the game.
Neat!
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #255 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:30 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 250, RH9 wrote: tbh i have no idea how to read either ffery and bell.
Well you're welcome to just read them via my proxy. Those are the exact two slots I am willing to bet my own head on being able to read without seeing any posts in advance of the bet.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #256 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:31 pm

Post by Cabd »

So just, you know, figure me out then take my word for it because it'll be right regardless of my own alignment.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #273 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:39 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 268, fferyllt wrote:
In post 256, Cabd wrote: So just, you know, figure me out then take my word for it because it'll be right regardless of my own alignment.
So why should he figure you out if you'll be right regardless of your alignment?

For the record, I expected a quick and accurate read from you regardless of your alignment the second I saw my role card.
Because even if we are 100% sold on each other town we are still flipping and posting final read lists that have a paranoia section for if the other was scum what we thought instead.

So just choose to not worry about Bell or you because I'll just game out both scenarios.

Somebody is welcome to take the inverse of the bet to skip me. We are a needs one to win sort of investment for each other.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #277 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:41 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 274, fireisredsir wrote: cabd also not passing the vibe check to me but i have even less baseline there and also probably extenuating circumstances
Tbh one could write like, an entire seven to eight novel saga of the mutual history informing the way Ffery and I are gonna interact this phase and I don't want to like, involve people in our kink, but if you do opt in to knowing you are welcome to ask!
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #285 (isolation #31) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:44 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 279, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 277, Cabd wrote:
In post 274, fireisredsir wrote: cabd also not passing the vibe check to me but i have even less baseline there and also probably extenuating circumstances
Tbh one could write like, an entire seven to eight novel saga of the mutual history informing the way Ffery and I are gonna interact this phase and I don't want to like, involve people in our kink, but if you do opt in to knowing you are welcome to ask!
i want that novel, but only if you write it in iambic pentameter
No way in hell. That's torture for me. I don't include sadomasochistic tendencies sorry.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #289 (isolation #32) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:45 pm

Post by Cabd »

It's 12:45 you fuckers tricked me into having fun.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #291 (isolation #33) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:46 pm

Post by Cabd »

Firecest clearly on the dogs list.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #298 (isolation #34) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:48 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 293, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 286, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 272, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 261, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 254, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 246, fireisredsir wrote: LLD i don't exactly think is scum i think i probably won't be actually trying to sort her yet but she did this kind of highposting vibing as scum in PYP and i had a similar wary feeling about some things there. and i don't really love the std read
you don't even know what the std read is about lol

also I had planned to play this game high regardless of alignment becUss I wanted to play with my friends and not get frustrated at how cliquish dance games get so im here to be like, chill and solve

i can explain std stinky but it probably wont make sense to you unless you open your mind
being chill and solving is good

my mind is very open you can explain if you want

i think rh9 and std are both lightly towny so far fwiw
okay so like, follow me here

i draw town, sadge.png

i think "okay but what if i think like scum would and try to mind meld with the thread and if anyone mind melds me then STINKY"

i see FB, scum instinct says "call them town to position myself for later", STD does it.

stinky

then i see firered, fire AND fire. posting anime gifs.

"call both fires town for memetic value and get in on the take early so people value you as having called it, more positional value"

STD does it

STINKY

RH9 also does it, but sounds worse doing it

MEGA STINKY
i do understand the angle here but i also think that std and rh9 are two of possibly the furthest away players in this list in terms of closeness to you in scum thought process

and doubly i think the behavior is more or less what i would expect from them as town
ehhhh really?

STD and I have similar thoughts in survivor styling, and i've played enough mafia with them to know they calculate a few yomi layers deep.

i don't uh, know rh9 from a hole in the ground so admittedly you have me at a disadvantage there

idk, i think positional reading works and it's valuable
Now you're giving me a handicap on Cabd trademark phrase bingo. It's good to be back but I really am not that rusty.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #302 (isolation #35) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:49 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 300, Bell wrote:
In post 297, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: i want to strangle bell so he's town probably
Have you even played with scum me.
Let her have her bronze bull.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #305 (isolation #36) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:51 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 303, RH9 wrote:
In post 295, Bell wrote: I’m sad that I can’t ask FIR what they expect from RH, when RH has posted so little so that they could adjust but FIR might be scum so why am I sad but I want them to explain is because I badly want to understand RH town and distinguish it from RH scum.

Also, if RH can’t read me they can’t read anyone.
*nods*
you just seem naturally towny tbh. which is what i meant by not being able to read you.
if you were scum here, i'd get pocketed pretty easily because i can't tell the difference between 'bell being genuinely towny' and 'bell imitating his towngame to appear towny'.
If bell was sitting in front of you but was like ten years old, would you read his posts and ruffle his hair and smile at him?

If so he's town. If not murder with extreme prejudice.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #313 (isolation #37) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:01 pm

Post by Cabd »

I'm about to get another morph buzzword bingo square thank you fire not dog.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #315 (isolation #38) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:02 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 314, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 310, Bell wrote:
In post 309, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 307, Bell wrote: Oh yeah, Shakespeare.
But I’m pretty sure out of all the games I’ve played with you, you wanted to strangle me the second most in that game.
you don't know how much i want to strangle you at any time lol
You would strangle a puppy? :(
depends on how annoying that puppy is

wait now i'm imagining strangling my ptsd puppy penny

i'm sad now this sucks
Would you kindly...... Not think that?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #320 (isolation #39) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:06 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 319, fferyllt wrote: data channels is probably on the bingo card. it should be.
I was looking for "model" but I'll take the write In space.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #322 (isolation #40) » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:08 pm

Post by Cabd »

1. I get another hour? Thanks friend.

But actually you're right. But it's so fun.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #460 (isolation #41) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:41 am

Post by Cabd »

I could tell you the answer to that question, but by definition it would be suspect.

At the very least, regardless of my actual preferences, the me of the alignment I don't prefer is self-aware enough to fake it.

If you do actually want to know, it used to be that I liked drawing group scum, but then Penguin and I had a child and my time went from ALL THE TIME to "oh gods why is it already midnight" in the blink of an eye. I find it easier to be less time intensive as town and still feel like I'm trying. But the "I am letting my teammates down" feels do still happen, just not as much as when I know who they are.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #461 (isolation #42) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:42 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 459, LavarManos wrote: then i was thinking that it felt like he was staying in the thread way longer than he wanted or needed to
Also this is just chronic insomnia from genetic reflux, it's a publicly known fact about me and you're welcome to ask anyone who has played with me before to confirm that.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #470 (isolation #43) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:00 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 465, LavarManos wrote: ig sorta related
not super familiar with a lot of the players here, but i remember bell and i think i played with fireisred (ig this sounds better than "not dog fire")
i think i operate from the baseline assumption that someone is just more comfortable as town than scum, but is there anyone in this list who swings the other way?
In a generic game with generic players and generic setup, myself, Lady Lambdadelta, Firebringer, Turtle, and Ffery are perfectly happy and pleased to draw a red PM.

In this game where there are so many high caliber players, once solves start they will be pretty much unstoppable, and so just from the player list I'd tip this to a 65-35% odds of a town win before the rand even occurred.

From that perspective, I'm glad I don't have to be on the outside of the party atmosphere. I get to have a limited shelf life, schmooze it up with old friends and new alike, then ride of to meowhalla before endgame.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #508 (isolation #44) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:10 am

Post by Cabd »

Wait, we have a "side" of mafiascum now?

I missed this memo.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #509 (isolation #45) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:11 am

Post by Cabd »

Also to whoever said that they'll gun for our pairing first. That's fine. It won't happen.

I have zero doubt that I will be a beacon of town upon the hill by the time of midgame, and spay seems to be keeping up, so, like.... Invest in sunglass futures.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #524 (isolation #46) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:27 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 511, Gypyx wrote:
In post 508, Cabd wrote: Wait, we have a "side" of mafiascum now?

I missed this memo.
idk it certainely feels like there's a side that lays dormant, waiting for a once in a blue moon to join a large theme and make it the most banger game ever

i know you're not allowed to talk about your secret society, it's ok
Oh you meant the discord server? I am pretty sure that only like, two or three slots in this game came here to play due to that, but nice to know everyone thinks so highly of it?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #526 (isolation #47) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:30 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 519, fferyllt wrote: In other news, Cabd was very inaccurate about how excited I would have been to open a red role PM. Which is interesting.
Wait, wat?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #528 (isolation #48) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:34 am

Post by Cabd »

Hold out thine wrist.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #531 (isolation #49) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:35 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 529, fferyllt wrote:
In post 526, Cabd wrote:
In post 519, fferyllt wrote: In other news, Cabd was very inaccurate about how excited I would have been to open a red role PM. Which is interesting.
Wait, wat?
It would have been fun to draw red against you here. Or with you for that matter. But, the reason I stopped playing last year was because of deep, melancholic scum exhaustion after 3 scum rolls in quick succession.
I mean that's not exactly the reason I quit for the long bout, but my prior attempts at "coming back" did seem to be a red magnet. But you and I both know that you too would crawl over barbed wire and enjoy every masochistic second of it for the win, so...?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #532 (isolation #50) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:36 am

Post by Cabd »

I am here instead of cleaning up the tool room trash. Penguin is gonna murder me when she reads up.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #536 (isolation #51) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:37 am

Post by Cabd »

Hi, I missed you too.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #563 (isolation #52) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:18 pm

Post by Cabd »

It's my ten minute break form the flood mines, AMA, RH9.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #564 (isolation #53) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:18 pm

Post by Cabd »

...I cannot spell the word "from" to save my life. That is a total cabd-exclusive typo there folks.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #566 (isolation #54) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:24 pm

Post by Cabd »

Dog, are you jealous of Bell's head scritches?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #607 (isolation #55) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:00 pm

Post by Cabd »

I can't believe I just barely missed the live showing of the Mafiascum Central roast of Ffery the Lit.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #609 (isolation #56) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:03 pm

Post by Cabd »

Wait, I thought I was pretty clearly shitposting and doing conversational style, and that we were gonna compare notes in the morphcave once I was done chumming it up?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #612 (isolation #57) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:05 pm

Post by Cabd »

Even my avatar is looking at you like "Duh".

I don't know what your Cabd-model (That usage is my own so doesn't check off the bingo square) thought would happen in an unretirement game with this crowd, but uh, here we are, so adjust accordingly!

This approach might be different if I wasn't processing the basement flood 2.0: electric bugaloo. But my old style AND my newest style aren't fits for my time and posting constraints.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #615 (isolation #58) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:06 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 611, fferyllt wrote:
In post 609, Cabd wrote: Wait, I thought I was pretty clearly shitposting and doing conversational style, and that we were gonna compare notes in the morphcave once I was done chumming it up?
You are. And lollygagging.
But you see the longer I don't accept, the more forlorn you'll feel!

p-edit: Please do, I can think of no better fitting way to be welcomes back.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #622 (isolation #59) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 618, fferyllt wrote:
In post 612, Cabd wrote: Even my avatar is looking at you like "Duh".

I don't know what your Cabd-model (That usage is my own so doesn't check off the bingo square) thought would happen in an unretirement game with this crowd, but uh, here we are, so adjust accordingly!

This approach might be different if I wasn't processing the basement flood 2.0: electric bugaloo. But my old style AND my newest style aren't fits for my time and posting constraints.
Yeah, I know. I still have expectations, which I'm calibrating. Hence that post hitting the thread.
When I am able to switch gears, you won't really need to ask, it'll be pretty evident. In the meantime, you'd best start digging out your Cabd-roast folder.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #654 (isolation #60) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:28 pm

Post by Cabd »

Due to the law of ongoing games, I am going to refrain from talking about that any further.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #660 (isolation #61) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:31 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 659, Firebringer wrote: I can never get enough of skitter posting tbh
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #666 (isolation #62) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 665, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 645, Enchant wrote: I think we are doomed
Was this meant for the scum QT lmfao?
Gods you're so oooooold.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #668 (isolation #63) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by Cabd »

Grandma, it hasn't been called a QT for over a decade.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #674 (isolation #64) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:35 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 672, Firebringer wrote:
In post 670, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 666, Cabd wrote:
In post 665, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 645, Enchant wrote: I think we are doomed
Was this meant for the scum QT lmfao?
Gods you're so oooooold.
Hurtful, but accurate
Cabd just desperately wants to get roasted right now
It will help distract me from the emotional pain of sorting the closet of doom. And by "doom" I mean "emotional shit I didn't wanna deal with and shoved into storage until some day".
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #677 (isolation #65) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:36 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 675, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I am being serious FYI. I dont contextually get Enchant's post
I thought it was biting commentary about Ydra's act?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #709 (isolation #66) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:49 pm

Post by Cabd »

Woof boy I wanted to note despite my bravado my plan is to pair with Ffery and then to make sure none of us sneaky fucks is a risk in endgame, we blow ourselves up after submitting our morph solve right before the intermission night kill.

And now she can't stop me~

accept fferylt proposal
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #710 (isolation #67) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:50 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 687, Bell wrote: Yeah, I’m in the back of the car my friends and I are going out to dinner.

And Cabd just alt slipped like it’s nobody’s business.
Hi bud. Nice to know you love me so much. How you doing tonight?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #711 (isolation #68) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:51 pm

Post by Cabd »

Btw my demise was due to stale login cookies on chrome mobile. I blame bork.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #723 (isolation #69) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:55 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 718, skitter30 wrote:
In post 709, Cabd wrote: Woof boy I wanted to note despite my bravado my plan is to pair with Ffery and then to make sure none of us sneaky fucks is a risk in endgame, we blow ourselves up after submitting our morph solve right before the intermission night kill.

And now she can't stop me~

accept fferylt proposal
i don't hate this so long as you two actually die by endgame
You can literally run us up even if we refuse to walk as the last elim before intermission.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #734 (isolation #70) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:05 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 731, SirCakez wrote: SirCakez is also SirBaked rn so this should be a great time to play this game
Good news, you can have a bake-off with me.

Your name is green. You made it!
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #735 (isolation #71) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:06 pm

Post by Cabd »

The morphcave is gonna have too many town reads and you're going to have to shout me down on some of them, spay.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #740 (isolation #72) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 738, Firebringer wrote: I am going to do something dumb
Just don't suing me for the rump injury from falling out of your chair. That would be dumb AND litigious.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #746 (isolation #73) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:12 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 744, fferyllt wrote: Speaking of which, I'd love to join the bake-off despite insomnia sucking, and probably will.
It's such a mixed bag. Sometimes it lets my brain STFU and sleep, other times it's 3am Star Rail grindage.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #747 (isolation #74) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:12 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 745, skitter30 wrote: i feel like this is a bad idea
Wait the potent mind altering drugs, or the proposal?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #749 (isolation #75) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:13 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 748, SirCakez wrote: JOIN THE BAKE OFF
Don't you have a thread to skim?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #756 (isolation #76) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:14 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 751, Enchant wrote: Fear your wishes.
Yes, actually. I have lost every 50-50 possible for the last three months.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #759 (isolation #77) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 755, skitter30 wrote:
In post 747, Cabd wrote:
In post 745, skitter30 wrote: i feel like this is a bad idea
Wait the potent mind altering drugs, or the proposal?
proposal
I mean it is basically a second pairing of people we don't know if we can ever trust our hearts in endgame because scary AF, but also if they're both town it's a goddamn waste because we've locked two suicide-happy terrorists in a single room and asked them to play nice and they won't make it to the end anyways.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #761 (isolation #78) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:18 pm

Post by Cabd »

I might be losing coherence, because holy run-on, Batman.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #762 (isolation #79) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:19 pm

Post by Cabd »

Oh shit, popcorn.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #766 (isolation #80) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:22 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 765, fferyllt wrote: it is what it is. Factor it in.

Looks like Town could potentially be down 5 before intermission.
No pressure on us.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #768 (isolation #81) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:23 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 767, skitter30 wrote: you're townreading both of them?
At least 1.5.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #797 (isolation #82) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:54 pm

Post by Cabd »

Like uh, at least a third is the buddy thing. But the other two thirds are a town read, I think she's just coming off as too excited and she MISSED the going through the rituals.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1031 (isolation #83) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:56 am

Post by Cabd »

Welp. The damages are inching up. But still covered.

I'm very much vla until the crews leave. So uh, plan your Cabd time for this evening?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1192 (isolation #84) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:40 pm

Post by Cabd »

Hi folks. Neighborhood friendly Cabd here letting you know I may be delayed as the wife has left for the evening to go destress. The demolition work hit a big chunk of asbestos tonight so our timeline for restoration just grew about a month.

I'll post the gore pix later.

<\interlude>
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1193 (isolation #85) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:41 pm

Post by Cabd »

Oh but while I follow along, and I will do the work myself tonight if somebody doesn't beat me to it, but we do have games where mafia was left out in pre dance, I was in at least one of them. As gent the sixth I believe?

So there is some published example work of what scum that is being left out looks like, as the walls closed around, to compare and contrast with.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1195 (isolation #86) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:43 pm

Post by Cabd »

FF-er is somebody who surrenders early in league of legends.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1196 (isolation #87) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:43 pm

Post by Cabd »

Okay now for real it's nacho night while we watch Pokemon TV because my life is awesome and kiddo is so goddamn fun.

See you nerds after she's asleep.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1235 (isolation #88) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:36 pm

Post by Cabd »

Spay, try to be back around Bell (in about half an hour) and you might catch me in a rare "able to spend 30 minutes being srs bsns" cycle.

Also, side note, anyone else read about the Mexican drug cartels running the avocado market?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1236 (isolation #89) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:37 pm

Post by Cabd »

Obligatory "Tenet did nothing wrong" boast here.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1243 (isolation #90) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:44 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1242, Bell wrote:
In post 1235, Cabd wrote: Spay, try to be back around Bell (in about half an hour) and you might catch me in a rare "able to spend 30 minutes being srs bsns" cycle.

Also, side note, anyone else read about the Mexican drug cartels running the avocado market?
No, but it makes me sad to hear that.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ed-states/
Go figure, right?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1255 (isolation #91) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:56 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1250, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1245, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1244, Spiffeh wrote: Cabd when you are being srs I would like you to advise which of the remaining gentlemen you would like to leave behind and why.
do u think any of them contain scum
I think any of RCEnigma, LavarManos, and Enchant have a chance at flipping scum, but I'm also not super confident in any of them.

I think this will be more of a "find and follow strong town reads, POE the rest" game than a "find scum" game for me
Despite RCE literally having the word in his username, I feel like Enchant is the biggest enigma of all.

My prior times playing with Enchant have mostly made me hate their style, and so I have been basically ignoring them in the hopes somebody else I like for town will figure their alignment out before I have to do it myself in the morphcave with my biases.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1258 (isolation #92) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:59 pm

Post by Cabd »

If I had to yolo call it I'd make the final two endgame pairs HST-Bell and Spiffeh-Gypyx and be pretty self-assured we won.

I bet this statement is going to make Spay spit out her liquor.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1268 (isolation #93) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:04 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1265, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

Spiffeh & Gypyx have paired!

Like this one is my strongest call for sure.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1273 (isolation #94) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:07 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1269, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1268, Cabd wrote: Like this one is my strongest call for sure.
Scum Spiffey is dangerous
Is he like, "Can actually keep it up in a PT" dangerous? Because my admittedly old data says dangerous, but not in intense one on one action dangerous the way that say, Nacho used to be back in the day.

It's why my paranoia levels are low.

If he is, then uh, I guess we know tonight's topic, wherein we discuss spiffeh's mortality and strengths and flaws directly in his face, while he's to high to hate it.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1278 (isolation #95) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:11 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1274, Spiffeh wrote: Has anyone experienced scum!Gypyx recently that can weigh in on how they feel about her here? She has exceeded my expectations so far
but it's not a townread I'm married to.
Um actually, good sir, you effectively HAVE put a ring on it as of Pooky's post.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1281 (isolation #96) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:13 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1277, Spiffeh wrote: I can typically hold my own as scum, I would just be VERY intimidated and self-conscious had I rolled scum in this playerlist specifically.
Why? I mean shit, spay's so rusty that she's getting ran up (well effectively, we can't vote yet but) for being her town solvey self RN. Name alone is also bullshit, Tenet boot camp raised you better than that and I don't buy you'd be intimidated so much as elated to finally show everyone who is boss.

It doesn't matter that you're wrong about how you'd feel because I think it's not something you ARE feeling this game, though!
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1284 (isolation #97) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:15 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1280, Firebringer wrote: like me and LLD didn't get married, we just agreed to a suicide pact.
I can't recall the name of the old-timey pact that married couples would make to suicide if the other died and now google is giving me suicide hotline popups.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1286 (isolation #98) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:16 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1282, Bell wrote: Cabd, are you saying ff is town this game

No shit, you act like this is surprising. I've been pretty clear that it's well above the 50-50 water line for me. She's getting scum read for being a big dumb fossil that dug herself up but can't help but fall into old habits.

...Not that I'd know ANYTHING about trying something new and immediately falling flat on my face and into my usual patterns.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1288 (isolation #99) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:16 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1285, Spiffeh wrote: No I promise I would have HATED to roll scum here

Kinda like how Cakez hates that he rolled scum here
I demand you make a chart of who you think would and wouldn't hate rolling scum here for my own amusement, TIA.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1302 (isolation #100) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:26 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1290, skitter30 wrote: Cabd why are u so confident on gypyx-town?
Wait, seriously?

I genuinely thought this would be a universal town read.

She's like, so transparently town that she's seeing the doctor due to ongoing green colored shits. (I recommend fiber)

is my biggest sticking point though! The way in which she immediately and urgently jumps down Turtle's throat for a read on me (which hey, there's no ACTUAL guarantee that Spay and I nuke ourselves and don't make town do it) puts her right in the forefront of the conversation about two players who, if she's mafia and my call on spay is right, are ABSOLUTELY going to be having their reads listened to after death?

That's a take no prisoners town approach and I am HERE for it.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1305 (isolation #101) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:28 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1300, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1298, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1297, fferyllt wrote: Y'all severely underestimate what seeing red in my role PM does to my state of mind.
Anxiety?
self-loathing
Buzzword bingo about teams, letting them down, and knowing who they are.

I fail to imagine three names that potential you-scum draws as partners here that makes you self-loathe to the point of spiraling out of control though, which is why I've chosen to go about things the way I have.

Even with play style and out of game mismatches I don't think that happens.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1307 (isolation #102) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:31 pm

Post by Cabd »

...That is toddler screaming.

Nightmare phase. Getting old makes this game harder to find time for.

Back later tonight prolly. Sorry!
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1323 (isolation #103) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:57 pm

Post by Cabd »

Kiddo would like everyone to know that we under no circumstances whatsoever flush clothing down the toilet.

She's in bed falling back asleep so minimum brightness phone posting is happening while I wait for her to settle.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1325 (isolation #104) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:01 pm

Post by Cabd »

I mean our pt is already open but there's two random in it~

Did you want to wait for our just us one~
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1326 (isolation #105) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:02 pm

Post by Cabd »

What a page top.

No but seriously I actually wanna just focus on one thing at a time because I suspect if we do the morph walling in the thread we will get like, driven from the site levels of people annoyed at us. Let them opt in to the kink content.

So right now that for me is the two pairs that I mentioned.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1327 (isolation #106) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:03 pm

Post by Cabd »

And you're getting mostly by memory because I can't exactly run side by side ISOs on my cell phone.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1343 (isolation #107) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:00 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1337, fireisredsir wrote: i think i've running into a wall a bit, of people who haven't played in a while coming from a significantly different meta and playstyle and it's kind of a mental clash for me that is difficult to see past
Much empathy for you here, I know I downplay it but essentially myself and a bunch of other 2013/14ers time warped ourselves back into present day and it's probably absolutely infuriating to figure out how we communicate.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1344 (isolation #108) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:02 pm

Post by Cabd »

I was gonna try to phone post but decided her snoring was WAY cuter.

I'm here for a little bit but next week's tough. I've finally made it enough for work to pay to send me to a conference. Great timing what with the basement, to boot.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1512 (isolation #109) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:59 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1492, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1071, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 972, fferyllt wrote:
In post 969, Save The Dragons wrote: Ffffffff

If you could pick one lady for me to pair with, whom would you pick
Who do you think you'll be able to get a good read on?
In post 975, Save The Dragons wrote: But I'm curious as to what you'll say
that reminds me tho, just so it doesn't get lost can i get a name from ya, ff?
Actually I do remember these questions now, but at the time it sent me into crawling isos and I probably got distracted by something shiny or annoying.

At the time, I was thinking maybe Skitter or Gypyx because I had a lot of concerns about fireisred. Those concerns are alleviated to some degree.

Right now I don't have confidence that any of those 3 potential pairings would have been town-town.

This whole game is spinning around the axis of "I don't have a Cabd read yet", and my Gypyx read is very contingent on Cabd's alignment.
Seriously? You're extending the no read on me shtick?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1515 (isolation #110) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:00 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1502, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1499, Save The Dragons wrote: ffery

i should clarify

i think your ATE could be you channeling emotions into false indignation at not being tr

not necessarily that you are incapable of ATEing as town

but since you brought it up, i've skimmed that iso a couple of times and can't really find the same ATE feeling? i might need to be pointed in the right direction or im just completely misunderstanding what your point is.

another thing that was weird for me but i forgot about until just now is stuff like it's kind of a "hey, im putting in town work" but you just kind of say "this iso is good, here's some reasons why it's bad" and don't really describe what the reasons you like for several posts after
Dude.

Everything I put into the thread right now shows my hand to Cabd. There are some things I don't want to show before the neighborhood opens. My entire objective in this game from the minute I saw my role PM was to hope like hell a hood would help me get a read on him. The read itself doesn't matter in terms of when we flip now. But, it does affect other reads that I want to leave for posterity.
Okay maybe they have a point you're being super lean-into-this-ish. This can't be good for your mental.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1677 (isolation #111) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:06 am

Post by Cabd »

Nope, the groundhog saw its shadow, three more days of winter-predance.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1681 (isolation #112) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:13 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1679, Spiffeh wrote: Hey Cabd do you want to like

engage with the game in any meaningful way?
A good question.

Honestly not a ton at this exact second, this game is the opposite feels of what I expected but I am here because I have hopes hat eventually I'll start feeling the correct feels.

The little bit of dance phase I get to live for is probably that. I hope. Either way I'm not beholden to anyone because I can just sit back and watch the streams now for data, and my expiration date is already printed on my forehead because i either loverized to mafia (unlikely IMO) or town who is gonna get insta-gibbed as soon as voting opens (more likely IMO) so... yeah.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1683 (isolation #113) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:29 am

Post by Cabd »

No, but it does make me think that if she's mafia, her support staff is also the kind that went silent recently, which is pretty much exactly one of {LLD, STD}.

The hurry up and pair then peace out thing seems a little too on the nose to be a scum response to gaining a pairing, but I don't know how many other people subscribe to my state decay theory of the game.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1684 (isolation #114) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:32 am

Post by Cabd »

(And I suspect that was the * that ffery applied to her LLD read earlier, too)
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1686 (isolation #115) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:09 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1683, Cabd wrote: I don't know how many other people subscribe to my state decay theory of the game.
Nobody wanted to hear about this but heck I don't care, you get to read it anyways.

In a dance setup, the start is chaos and the end is arranged pairs. The real way to catch people is to see who is working on getting to arrangements (without being desperate) and who is trying to slow that natural process down. In a game with this many "known strong" players, knocking people known to be emotionally easy to "get" is the easiest way to achieve that sort of decay from the norm. And it's a major factor in my ffery town read. Not to say that all of, or even the majority of, the people scum reading her aggressively are scum in and of themselves, but just one or two of them can cause a pile-on like we're seeing now.

I don't recall ever seeing mafia at risk of being unpaired QUITE so detached as these gentlemen, which also points towards "we're stuck leaving out a townie" as a possibility here?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1689 (isolation #116) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:17 am

Post by Cabd »

Explicitly within a certain time frame, your posting has been a touch more focused on ffery and otherwise muted but once again this is a very unlikely theory because she (gypyx) is still very likely town so moot point.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1691 (isolation #117) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:19 am

Post by Cabd »

Weird, why are there a bunch of blank posts in between mine and skitter's chat?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1693 (isolation #118) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:20 am

Post by Cabd »

I was asked to explain what circumstances my town read of you could decay and what I'd think was happening if you were mafia.

I'm still fairly confident yours is a T-T pairing.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1699 (isolation #119) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:26 am

Post by Cabd »

The answer is kinda depressing, STD, but It's actually just that it's LLD I suspect of that but I know that's likely to set off in-thread hurt and now it's gonna happen anyways...

I felt the need to add at least one other name who is good at the game but whose most recent post ITT had also been before hers to prevent that. You fit both criteria.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1702 (isolation #120) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:28 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1696, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1686, Cabd wrote:
In post 1683, Cabd wrote: I don't know how many other people subscribe to my state decay theory of the game.
Nobody wanted to hear about this but heck I don't care, you get to read it anyways.

In a dance setup, the start is chaos and the end is arranged pairs.
The real way to catch people is to see who is working on getting to arrangements (without being desperate) and who is trying to slow that natural process down.
In a game with this many "known strong" players, knocking people known to be emotionally easy to "get" is the easiest way to achieve that sort of decay from the norm. And it's a major factor in my ffery town read. Not to say that all of, or even the majority of, the people scum reading her aggressively are scum in and of themselves, but just one or two of them can cause a pile-on like we're seeing now.

I don't recall ever seeing mafia at risk of being unpaired QUITE so detached as these gentlemen, which also points towards "we're stuck leaving out a townie" as a possibility here?
So i very much agree with the bolded but i'm having a hard time following the jump to where you start talking abt the implications for ffery's alignment
Ffery is exactly the kind of player whose town game is so self-confident of being able to bleed town that when it fails to occur and she's under the water like this, it's like a big hornet's nest of prickly snark and derailing.

It's sort of an unpatched flaw in that when she's mafia and being suspected, the barbs aren't nearly as sharp.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1705 (isolation #121) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:31 am

Post by Cabd »

Well hey, if you're right you're lucky because I'm going to die instantly and you can pat yourselves on the back for finally getting cabd-mafia super early.

Prepare your disappointment streamers, though!
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1708 (isolation #122) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:33 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1706, Enchant wrote: We can just call you mafia every game until you roll mafia
Shit. You're right.

Quick, everyone lock in an officially official guess as to mine and ffery's alignments, no take-backsies. Accuracy will be graded postgame.

Or in the dead thread roast.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1711 (isolation #123) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:36 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1709, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1702, Cabd wrote:

The real way to catch people is to see who is working on getting to arrangements (without being desperate) and who is trying to slow that natural process down.
In a game with this many "known strong" players, knocking people known to be emotionally easy to "get" is the easiest way to achieve that sort of decay from the norm. And it's a major factor in my ffery town read. Not to say that all of, or even the majority of, the people scum reading her aggressively are scum in and of themselves, but just one or two of them can cause a pile-on like we're seeing now.

So i very much agree with the bolded but i'm having a hard time following the jump to where you start talking abt the implications for ffery's alignment
Ffery is exactly the kind of player whose town game is so self-confident of being able to bleed town that when it fails to occur and she's under the water like this, it's like a big hornet's nest of prickly snark and derailing.

It's sort of an unpatched flaw in that when she's mafia and being suspected, the barbs aren't nearly as sharp.
Like you're saying: focusing on who's trying to get paird/is worried abt being unpaired is a good eay to find mafia

But town-ffery being tilted can cause enuf ~chaos overall to detract from that and mask these leads, so scum is motivates to continue pushing her

Is that what ur saying?
pretty much.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1712 (isolation #124) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:37 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1710, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1699, Cabd wrote: The answer is kinda depressing, STD, but It's actually just that it's LLD I suspect of that but I know that's likely to set off in-thread hurt and now it's gonna happen anyways...

I felt the need to add at least one other name who is good at the game but whose most recent post ITT had also been before hers to prevent that. You fit both criteria.
I actually don't fit at least one of that criteria, I posted after her...
Dunno what to tell you dude, you either believe I did this with the thought process i just outlined, or you think I'm mafia and you're gonna get my flip so you can be happy. Or you're mafia with gypyx and laughing your ass off and like, I'll take that L if so.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1714 (isolation #125) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:38 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1711, Cabd wrote:
In post 1709, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1702, Cabd wrote:

Like you're saying: focusing on who's trying to get paird/is worried abt being unpaired is a good eay to find mafia

But town-ffery being tilted can cause enuf ~chaos overall to detract from that and mask these leads, so scum is motivates to continue pushing her

Is that what ur saying?
pretty much.
Especially in a player list where she has direct history and connectivity such that she can potentially also chaos-share with folks like Bell and HST. (and me, obviously, but I tend to be a little more aware of that flaw of hers and less likely to tilt due to it, I think)
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1716 (isolation #126) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:39 am

Post by Cabd »

Well that was fun, see you all after my next panel.

The Office 365 copilot ai-driven stuff is insane, and a LOT of entry level jobs are gonna cease to exist soon!
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1852 (isolation #127) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:21 pm

Post by Cabd »

My toddler bit me hard enough that I am seeking light medical attention.

@Pooky V/LA through tomorrow afternoon, this is sadly behavior that needs serious intervention
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1972 (isolation #128) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:50 pm

Post by Cabd »

HI friends. Finally feeling a touch better today but it's valentine's day and i will get nightkilled by Penguin if I ditch dinner plans.

(it is homemade cheese steaks, please be jealous)

I will be back tonight although I'm twiddling my thumbs.

Also LMFAO at "Maybe hypo-scum Cabd hasn't figured out one of the most obvious strategies one can use as mafia in a dancegame when paired with somebody town"

This has been your snark.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1995 (isolation #129) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:46 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1990, LavarManos wrote: Why Cakez :cry:
lol idk if i can propose to fireisred without forcing that read rn
...Am I going crazy or is this a scum PT post?

..I am being bad I should be eating cheesesteak. But discuss!
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2156 (isolation #130) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:21 am

Post by Cabd »

LEAVE THE DANCE

Gypyx wins twenty internet points.

The rest of you suck.
Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2914 (isolation #131) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:40 am

Post by Cabd »

I am more worried about HST's health than anything else. Please recover, mafia isn't mafia without you.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2923 (isolation #132) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:01 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 2922, Spiffeh wrote: Ffery I wish you didn't get exploded on so early, I feel like we were syncing up again!
"Why she got exploded: the reason"
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2926 (isolation #133) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:05 pm

Post by Cabd »

BTW I legit slipped and confirmed Gypyx town in twilight but everyone assumed it was WIFOM and ignored it so yay.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2927 (isolation #134) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:05 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 2156, Cabd wrote:
LEAVE THE DANCE

Gypyx wins twenty internet points.

The rest of you suck.
This was an actual congrats I did without thinking.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2950 (isolation #135) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:44 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 2946, Firebringer wrote: fferyllt and cabd chat is also funny
I didn't get my fanfic dlc you liar.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2952 (isolation #136) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:48 pm

Post by Cabd »

Is it a sin to want to believe?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2968 (isolation #137) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:50 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 2967, skitter30 wrote: Scum pt?
Essentially 20 posts of "welp, this rand be fucked"

Dunno why the bear hasn't released it yet, we already said no redactions.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2969 (isolation #138) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:51 pm

Post by Cabd »

Here's the one post that matters:
In post 67, HolySpiritTurtle wrote: I’m going full Hail Mary

I’m going to declare Spiffeh/Gyphx locktown soon, and hope that one of them realizes that I’m literally “throwing” if I’m scum later on.
Show

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”