Kemusan - Game Over

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1583 (isolation #200) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:28 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1568, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1549, fferyllt wrote:I even asked you if you need more transparency from me IN THIS PHASE and you didn't say yes or no unless I missed it.
In post 1549, fferyllt wrote:There ARE reads in my iso.
i am not arguing that
In post 1549, fferyllt wrote:If there's something specific you want to know more about then ask me.
every time i have you answered a different question

so shrug

i guess i don't need to keep doing this
Then my reading comprehension sucks. Which is possible.

If you change your mind, go ahead and ask.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1585 (isolation #201) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:32 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1571, HolySpiritTurtle wrote:
In post 1559, fferyllt wrote: My one very small reservation here is that HST usually holds off stating a read on me for a while is because he starts from a place of suspicion, and watches my body of work until he's sure. I feel extremely obvious town to players who know me well, so it's not totally outside the envelope of his townplay around me specifically. It's one footnote on a townread.
Did you not think of it as a drastic change?
Change, but not entirely drastic after that one Kate game. In that game you were sitting on a townread for a while before you accidentally(?) spilled the beans. You slipped (I think) about the read here more quickly but it was kinda subtle.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1587 (isolation #202) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:37 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1579, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1482, fferyllt wrote: Despite my paranoia reads list (which you don't get to see atm), I like some recent Skitter posts.
Can you tell me what you like about skitter?
Some convergence in reads based on the same posts. With skitter's scumgame, along with that immediate move to the dumpster fire when she caught up, that's not enough to move the needle far but it did move the needle.

I should probably quote posts in this post but I'm hungry. I'll come back to it in a few if you need them.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1594 (isolation #203) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:55 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1524, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1519, Bell wrote:
In post 1511, skitter30 wrote: Kinda meh but i feel like:
* it's a very popular sr
* if he were actually scum he'd exhibit more urgency in trying to get into a pairing (this goes for all of the unpaired gents, honestly)

Not really convinced he's scum rn
I dub this a hipster read.
This is one of the reasons why i think scum is already paired, basically
Nobody feels worried abt not getting in
To some extent that depends on the distribution of scum between genders. Every Lady scum means another town Gent. Of the early pairers, one or two scum gents max is where I'm currently at.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1595 (isolation #204) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:57 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1593, HolySpiritTurtle wrote:
In post 1585, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1571, HolySpiritTurtle wrote:
In post 1559, fferyllt wrote: My one very small reservation here is that HST usually holds off stating a read on me for a while is because he starts from a place of suspicion, and watches my body of work until he's sure. I feel extremely obvious town to players who know me well, so it's not totally outside the envelope of his townplay around me specifically. It's one footnote on a townread.
Did you not think of it as a drastic change?
Change, but not entirely drastic after that one Kate game. In that game you were sitting on a townread for a while before you accidentally(?) spilled the beans. You slipped (I think) about the read here more quickly but it was kinda subtle.
I don't remember which game it was, but usually the only thing I accidentally slip is alt slip.
Being more specific would definitely out your main. I think it was the last game we played together.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1599 (isolation #205) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:01 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1587, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1579, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1482, fferyllt wrote: Despite my paranoia reads list (which you don't get to see atm), I like some recent Skitter posts.
Can you tell me what you like about skitter?
Some convergence in reads based on the same posts. With skitter's scumgame, along with that immediate move to the dumpster fire when she caught up, that's not enough to move the needle far but it did move the needle.

I should probably quote posts in this post but I'm hungry. I'll come back to it in a few if you need them.
Here are some.

In post 1418, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1411, Spiffeh wrote: Kinda bummed that Cabd keeps touting this hero-solve before intermission but has yet to really weigh in on who should be left behind this phase when I'd think that would something he'd want some input in and would lay a good foundation for said hero-solve?

Unless I missed a post from him or something
Do u think cabd should be townreading you and gypyx so strongly?
In post 1443, skitter30 wrote: For me the spiffeh thing has less to do with how i think he'd behave as scum, and more to do with some of his recent posting, namely:

- kinda don't understand his gypyx trajectory, or how he became that confident in town-her
- cabd declaring them a high confidence tvt pair made me go ... huh?
- ffery townread almost feels white-knight-y
-
In post 1334, skitter30 wrote: I kinda think that scum is in many of the pairs already

The only pairing i'm somewhat confident is tvt is hst/bell, although i will say i am maybe coming around on my fire sr

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1608 (isolation #206) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:18 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1603, skitter30 wrote: Ffery how are u reading spiffeh?
Townread has weakened, but isn't totally gone. This is a contingent read atm. Scum probability goes through the roof in some worlds.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1609 (isolation #207) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:19 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1607, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1594, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1524, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1519, Bell wrote:
In post 1511, skitter30 wrote: Kinda meh but i feel like:
* it's a very popular sr
* if he were actually scum he'd exhibit more urgency in trying to get into a pairing (this goes for all of the unpaired gents, honestly)

Not really convinced he's scum rn
I dub this a hipster read.
This is one of the reasons why i think scum is already paired, basically
Nobody feels worried abt not getting in
To some extent that depends on the distribution of scum between genders. Every Lady scum means another town Gent. Of the early pairers, one or two scum gents max is where I'm currently at.
Dunno abt the genders of the scum, i don't know how mucu it matters to my point honestly

Pedit somehow i know ur main, idk why I know that. Doesnt help me read u at all because i think i only have incidental games with your main, if any, and if there were they were a long time ago
I think it's unlikely that any ladies wind up unpaired. Possible, but unlikely. Unpaired ladies probably aren't sweating much.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1612 (isolation #208) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:22 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1610, skitter30 wrote: Do u think i can read you / identify scum-you?
If you're town, apparently not. As well as this game, you read bork instead of me in the game I won't mention by name again.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1617 (isolation #209) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:30 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1613, HolySpiritTurtle wrote:
In post 1608, fferyllt wrote: Townread has weakened, but isn't totally gone.
What weakened it?
Concern about positioning on me, partly. Maybe Town-Spiffeh gets a strong townread off the bat. He did in WH13. The idea of him wk-ing me has found a place to fester in my mind.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1618 (isolation #210) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1615, HolySpiritTurtle wrote: Because if read my notes re: Spiffeh right now, it just says "loltown"
I hope you're right!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1622 (isolation #211) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:42 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1610, skitter30 wrote: Do u think i can read you / identify scum-you?
lol I read this as identify scum-me.

You did well in 2181. I don't know how to categorize that game, though. I was sick, sleeping as much as 18 hours a day, way off my usual approach, and struggled so hard to stay caught up especially at first. Wouldn't surprise me if you would have been able to spot me playing my usual scum game, though.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1623 (isolation #212) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:43 pm

Post by fferyllt »

identify town-me, ffs.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1624 (isolation #213) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:44 pm

Post by fferyllt »

My point that there's not a lot of evidence that you can read town-me still stands, though.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1649 (isolation #214) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:48 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1646, HolySpiritTurtle wrote:
In post 1617, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1613, HolySpiritTurtle wrote:
In post 1608, fferyllt wrote: Townread has weakened, but isn't totally gone.
What weakened it?
Concern about positioning on me, partly. Maybe Town-Spiffeh gets a strong townread off the bat. He did in WH13. The idea of him wk-ing me has found a place to fester in my mind.
Oh yeah I meant to reply to this and then Palworld claimed me.

I don’t remember how Spiffeh rolls in general but I don’t necessarily consider white knighting itself as a scummy thing. It’s not like he’s only doing that this game or something. He already had solid townreads from ppl after his first longpost(tm), so I don’t think Spiffeh-scum would find a need to WK for towncred.
Yeah, I know it's not a reliable scum indicator. Like I said, the idea is festering in my mind right now.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1722 (isolation #215) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:43 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1686, Cabd wrote:
In post 1683, Cabd wrote: I don't know how many other people subscribe to my state decay theory of the game.
Nobody wanted to hear about this but heck I don't care, you get to read it anyways.

In a dance setup, the start is chaos and the end is arranged pairs. The real way to catch people is to see who is working on getting to arrangements (without being desperate) and who is trying to slow that natural process down. In a game with this many "known strong" players, knocking people known to be emotionally easy to "get" is the easiest way to achieve that sort of decay from the norm. And it's a major factor in my ffery town read. Not to say that all of, or even the majority of, the people scum reading her aggressively are scum in and of themselves, but just one or two of them can cause a pile-on like we're seeing now.

I don't recall ever seeing mafia at risk of being unpaired QUITE so detached as these gentlemen, which also points towards "we're stuck leaving out a townie" as a possibility here?
I didn't come into this game with a theory about how to read the pairing process, but this does appear to be how it's worked out.

There aren't a huge number of players who know how easy I can be to get, given the right circumstances, but a very few are in this game. Including you. A couple of your instant reads bother me. You haven't been active enough to have much influence on the pairings, and if you're scum you had some dicey considerations to think about re accepting my invitation.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1734 (isolation #216) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:13 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1720, skitter30 wrote: I know i'm not scum doing that tho, and i'm one of the main proponents of scum-ffery

The other loud people pushing that that come to mind are cakez, fire (in the beginning) and idk if they would approach the game with the pov of: i need to tilt town-ffery

Like ig who do you think is scum who is doing this?

Like sure i can see you doing this, but i don't think you're pushing ffery as scum particularly loudly

@cabd
The tilt was already rolling when you were able to start posting. I feel like you took advantage of this.

Firebringer knocked me sideways to start with. And unless he's scum WITH someone who knows how to tilt me, I feel like his push has been authentic.

So I'm looking at players who have taken advantage more closely. And your approach is the one that bothers me most. Cakez, too, but he really hasn't been much of a presence in my mindscape, anyway.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1745 (isolation #217) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:45 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1743, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1734, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1720, skitter30 wrote: I know i'm not scum doing that tho, and i'm one of the main proponents of scum-ffery

The other loud people pushing that that come to mind are cakez, fire (in the beginning) and idk if they would approach the game with the pov of: i need to tilt town-ffery

Like ig who do you think is scum who is doing this?

Like sure i can see you doing this, but i don't think you're pushing ffery as scum particularly loudly

@cabd
The tilt was already rolling when you were able to start posting. I feel like you took advantage of this.

Firebringer knocked me sideways to start with. And unless he's scum WITH someone who knows how to tilt me, I feel like his push has been authentic.

So I'm looking at players who have taken advantage more closely. And your approach is the one that bothers me most. Cakez, too, but he really hasn't been much of a presence in my mindscape, anyway.
So like i know this is wrong, but from your pov fair enuf.

Ok so if i'm scum i'm trying to create chaos around your slot to make it hard for everyone else to sort the game?

(Although i will say i don't think i would come into a game with the purpose of trying to tilt someone in particular, feels a little ~not great to me in a general sense. Capitalizing on the swirl of chaos around someone fair game tho)
I think what you are trying to do, and Cakez even more so is to get us out of the game QUICKLY during the dance phase, to the point where we might not have time to work on a full solve. I hope we get at least 2-3 days, but that's my biggest fear right now. That we're quick-elimmed and post half-assed reads rather than a rigorous solve.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1746 (isolation #218) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:46 am

Post by fferyllt »

My initial plan was to do that rigorous solve and then leave the dance.

I'm worried now that I'm elimmed before that happens.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1789 (isolation #219) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:36 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1756, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1755, Bell wrote: I’m fine giving you two maximum time to try to solve the game without actually sparing either of you.
... oh.

oh no.
So you're scared to give us 2-3 days to solve?

I'm scared Cabd is town and a potential power town team leaves the dance first, but but the leaving early was pretty much always going to happen. I had no interest in pairing with anyone else.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1793 (isolation #220) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:39 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1790, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1789, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1756, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1755, Bell wrote: I’m fine giving you two maximum time to try to solve the game without actually sparing either of you.
... oh.

oh no.
So you're scared to give us 2-3 days to solve?

I'm scared Cabd is town and a potential power town team leaves the dance first, but but the leaving early was pretty much always going to happen. I had no interest in pairing with anyone else.
You don't know what I realized here, and if you're asking me this question, you're the town one in this problem.
And you've given me the best reason in the game thread to townread Cabd. Better than anything he's posted.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1803 (isolation #221) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:46 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1796, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: The problem is that's not really in my control, now is it.
It looked to me like you were naysaying skitter about giving us a couple days.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1806 (isolation #222) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:53 am

Post by fferyllt »

Is there any reason to speak it into existence in the pairing phase?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1809 (isolation #223) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:54 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1807, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1806, fferyllt wrote: Is there any reason to speak it into existence in the pairing phase?
the pairing phase would be the only time speaking it into existence would actually have positive effect.
What's the argument for not speaking it?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1810 (isolation #224) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:55 am

Post by fferyllt »

Oh right, maybe scum haven't thought of it.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1944 (isolation #225) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:44 am

Post by fferyllt »

I have mixed feelings about Lavar, and think it might be because of others' negative comments. When I just go through his ISO I like a lot of his substance. There are a few pings, but that's true of everybody, even my townreads, except HST.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1951 (isolation #226) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:56 am

Post by fferyllt »

Firebringer, are you still feeling really good about skitter-town?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1998 (isolation #227) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1991, Spiffeh wrote: Town - Ydrasse, Bell, Firebringer, fferylit, SirCakez
Hopefully Town but also I'm bad at mafia - STD, LLD, skitter, Cabd

Everyone else - Everyone else
Is there a reason you're not townreading HST?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2001 (isolation #228) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:53 pm

Post by fferyllt »

oh wow.

it doesn't hard clear fireisred, but I kinda feel like it should.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2043 (isolation #229) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:56 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2018, Spiffeh wrote: @ffery can you update me on your Cabd read? I get if you don't want to reveal much and just sort him in the neighborhood but I am curious about your perspective on him.
Cabd read is still ~60% Schrodinger's cat. There are some posts that ring town. But there's a fair bit of completely NAI stuff in his ISO that looks pretty but has no fire and no effort.
In post 2020, Spiffeh wrote: HST's reaction to the "scum slip" is incredibly town, btw
The reaction looks absolutely town. I dunno if I agree with the conclusion. And I question my sanity for thinking Enchant could be town here.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2046 (isolation #230) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:55 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2045, fireisredsir wrote: ill pair up tomorrow morning i am somewhat conflicted
Before you accept an invitation, I'd really like you to explain in detail what you're conflicted about your choices.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2086 (isolation #231) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:59 am

Post by fferyllt »

If you're town, I don't envy you making this choice.

I may miss the start of the next phase by a couple hours. Bike ride.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2089 (isolation #232) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:19 am

Post by fferyllt »

Rain. damnit.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2092 (isolation #233) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:11 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2087, Bell wrote: I think there have been quite a few players that care who lives and dies here. Multiple players have weighed in. It could be pointless and players that are power scum definitely would have weighed in heavier if they cared about the outcome (albeit, I’m not sure how you’d go about defending enchant beyond what has already been posted and pointing at the other player).

Mainly the townier players have weighed in the most. While other players have weighed in only slightly which may be why you’ve noticed that there seems to be a lack of care in the outcome.

Minus skitter. Who has both weighed in and isn’t blindingly townie.
Is skitter the only not so townie player who has weighed in?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2128 (isolation #234) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:55 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2126, HolySpiritTurtle wrote: Is it up to me to carry this game
Because if so, I need ppl to scumread me asap so we don’t get nightkilled.
I don't think it's that cut and dry. You're paired with Bell.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2143 (isolation #235) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:04 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'm just glad there will be hard alignment data in a bit.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2162 (isolation #236) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:22 am

Post by fferyllt »

Fuck you Cabd.

LLD, Skitter, Cakez, Cabd

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2169 (isolation #237) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:25 am

Post by fferyllt »

I thought Cabd would want to spread more mist as scum.

Oh well. I should have tried harder during pairing

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2937 (isolation #238) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:36 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2922, Spiffeh wrote: Ffery I wish you didn't get exploded on so early, I feel like we were syncing up again!
We were!

I felt like it might have gone better if I didn't rush out some half-assed reads.

Thanks for modding, Pooky. I loved the music you picked for Cabd and me so much!

Great job final four!

Also, sorry, Town, for tilting right out of the solar system.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2958 (isolation #239) » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:28 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2946, Firebringer wrote: fferyllt and cabd chat is also funny
In a t/t world that hood would easily have had 20 pages

Idic

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”