Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:17 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 221, Aristeia wrote: "why is this person's vote not as bad as mine" feels like something mafia say when they feel like they are being unfairly targeted when they think their play is the same as everyone else.
Exploring this a bit -- why would mafia say this more often than town who feel they are being unfairly targeted? Wouldn't it be the unfairly targeted part, more than the alignment part?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:18 am

Post by Political Clout »

In post 211, Psyche wrote:
In post 182, Political Clout wrote:
In post 158, Psyche wrote: from the feeling so threatened by a page 3 wagon that you burn a PR to the selfvote+"Eliminate me and vote her out tomorrow!" the whole playerlist seems awfully melodramatic this game
In post 161, Psyche wrote:
In post 159, Hu Tao wrote: It is worth the sacrifice to get 1 scum out the game. But only if it is agreed that she is the elimination tomorrow
that's really dumb! why would anyone agree to that? has an entire town ever agreed to that?
In post 162, Psyche wrote: 9 times out of 10 the person who is mislimmed D1 is completely forgotten and ignored past the first page of D2. i feel like you must have been in enough games by now to know this
This is all just fluff.
none of those posts were fluff
Maybe you're right is the correct word filler then? It looked like you wanted to say something but didn't know what to say but wanted to post, and just made 3 posts about nothing. Where could that theoretical conversation with hu tao possibly go, nowhere.
Ya basic!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:21 am

Post by Psyche »

i knew what i wanted to say and said exactly all those things. that conversation w hu tao was probing the rationale and/or sincerity behind the self vote.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:23 am

Post by Psyche »

can someone who is not clout tell me if the purpose behind those posts was not as obvious as it seems to me?
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:23 am

In post 227, Psyche wrote: i knew what i wanted to say and said exactly all those things. that conversation w hu tao was probing the rationale and/or sincerity behind the self vote.
What was your conclusion
Ya basic!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:24 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 223, Psyche wrote: 43/45 are me justifying my RN vote
the tone of his post read as disingenuous and badly pretending to be substantial / the adult in the room
what was this in response to?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:26 am

Post by Psyche »

the person who asked me to justify my RN sry im mobile rn
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:27 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 225, davesaz wrote:
In post 221, Aristeia wrote: "why is this person's vote not as bad as mine" feels like something mafia say when they feel like they are being unfairly targeted when they think their play is the same as everyone else.
Exploring this a bit -- why would mafia say this more often than town who feel they are being unfairly targeted? Wouldn't it be the unfairly targeted part, more than the alignment part?

I'm not entirely sure what the psych reason is, I just think mafia are more likely to appeal towards "fairness" and think it's not right they're being singled out for behavior they think everyone is doing.

Town tend to care less about being eliminated and more often blame others for their deaths. Her attitude also doesn't really fit with her self voting and declaring Naerys to be a confident scumread because of one single factor.
You are always gonna be my love
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:28 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 228, Psyche wrote: can someone who is not clout tell me if the purpose behind those posts was not as obvious as it seems to me?
FWIW, I get accused all the time of making comments without trying to advance the game.
Making the comment is making my position known on a topic, which in my mind does advance the game if it helps others to read me. :]
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:33 am

Post by Klick »

In post 221, Aristeia wrote: the way you're framing the question feels like something mafia would say tho.

"why is this person's vote not as bad as mine" feels like something mafia say when they feel like they are being unfairly targeted when they think their play is the same as everyone else.

truth be told I voted you because you had the most votes and you had a sus looking hop on to the wagon, I didn't really bother trying to figure out which vote on the wagon was the most sus or whatever, I just saw two votes on you, checked your iso and decided it was a decent place to start.
This post is a banger
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:33 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: hu tao
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:34 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 229, Political Clout wrote:
In post 227, Psyche wrote: i knew what i wanted to say and said exactly all those things. that conversation w hu tao was probing the rationale and/or sincerity behind the self vote.
What was your conclusion
i still can't understand how someone w hu tao's professed beliefs/personality exists in this world. it's a very incoherent sequence set in between an otherwise clear-thinking iso. when the read is not ambivalent, i'll announce it like a normal person.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:35 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 234, Klick wrote:
In post 221, Aristeia wrote: the way you're framing the question feels like something mafia would say tho.

"why is this person's vote not as bad as mine" feels like something mafia say when they feel like they are being unfairly targeted when they think their play is the same as everyone else.

truth be told I voted you because you had the most votes and you had a sus looking hop on to the wagon, I didn't really bother trying to figure out which vote on the wagon was the most sus or whatever, I just saw two votes on you, checked your iso and decided it was a decent place to start.
This post is a banger
I actually really disagree.
"why is this person's vote not as bad as mine" is a useful sorting question.
it's only scummy if you can only interpret the post as someone complaining about being suspected
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:37 am

Post by Psyche »

221 did make me townlead aristeia though
and im not calling a question like "why is this person's vote not as bad as mine" town-indicative
i'm just saying 221's not a great argument that it's scummy
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:38 am

Post by Klick »

That would be compelling except I don't really have any opinion on the quality of Hu Tao's individually or compared to the other person's because that doesn't really have anything to do with my read on Hu Tao
It feels like Hu Tao really wants to talk about specific reasons she doesn't think she looks scummy
And therefore, yes, I think she's complaining about being suspected by doing so
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:39 am

Post by Klick »

Hu Tao's vote* individually
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:39 am

Post by Aristeia »

how is it a useful sorting question?

if anything I feel like its setting up framing for a debate on which of these votes were the "scummiest"

which is like ? to me. like if there's multiple scummy looking votes you have to start somewhere and sort them one by one no?
You are always gonna be my love
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:41 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 241, Aristeia wrote: how is it a useful sorting question?

if anything I feel like its setting up framing for a debate on which of these votes were the "scummiest"

which is like ? to me. like if there's multiple scummy looking votes you have to start somewhere and sort them one by one no?
I lean toward doing what I did, which is to put some thought into all of them at the same time. Focusing on one of an otherwise mostly equal set puts town at risk of snowballing prematurely.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:42 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 224, Psyche wrote: "me as townie would never put my RVS vote on person that already has 2 votes or more"

im trying to figure out why this disclosure about how you play mafia haa anything to do with how you interpret other players' play
Well true, everybody plays differently. This way just explanation, why the votes on RN plus Hu Tao´s jumping in without care dont look good to me
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:42 am

Post by Klick »

In post 172, Dannflor wrote: klick can you talk about your psyche town read
I think Psyche is focusing on the things he's focusing on out of interest that springs from him looking for scum
I feel like either Psyche is town or he's deliberately faking his entire approach to this game down to how he's feeling about trivial things from the start
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:43 am

Post by davesaz »

I think Naerys' approach to Hu Tao feels like starting from a conclusion and finding evidence, vs the opposite.
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:43 am

Let me get on my laptop I've been playing from my phone this whole game.
Ya basic!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:43 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 241, Aristeia wrote: how is it a useful sorting question?

a rough rule of thumb is that questions about people's reads posed in a relatively odd way make for good sorting questions
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:45 am

Post by Klick »

In post 246, Political Clout wrote: Let me get on my laptop I've been playing from my phone this whole game.
Cool, I'm not the only one
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:50 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 217, Aristeia wrote:
In post 200, Hu Tao wrote: Also Naerys tell me why you think my vote is worse than PCs. When we say similar things.

I'd want Klick and Ari's reasoning too.
I don't really know much about PC, I guess he could also be mafia. If you flip mafia he'd probably be the first place I look.
So you're saying that me and him did the same thing as partners. And you're saying that if I flip town you wouldn't? Seems like a weird take

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”