Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:41 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

The much longer post just 6 minutes after the much shorter one suggests a post that was very carefully curated.
Go then; there are other worlds than these.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:42 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 850, RolandOfGilead wrote: The much longer post just 6 minutes after the much shorter one suggests a post that was very carefully curated.
Means nothing, I often curate my own posts regardless of alignment.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:42 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 848, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 846, JacksonVirgo wrote: Anything more on my slot than gob trolling and pushing roland?
Cannot say that I have mastered all details of your 30+ page thread within the time I had. Anything in particular you want to ask me?
Technically they’ve only been around 20 pages, much more manageable if you ask me. Especially since I think most of the gob stuff can be largely ignored as it was not really serious.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:43 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 847, GuyInFreezer wrote: I found the Roland read bit little strange.
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: Roland – liked his stile the most. Agree with many of his points. But:
So let's go over few of these real quick.
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: - he criticized Solon for being a troll, but did not seem to do the same with GiF for her vig claim;
Did the context of both situations look same to you?
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: - he criticized Solon for pushing a train on GiF (which I treat as moving the game forward to too quickly, see 54), and at the same time attacked Gob ("that's also an incredibly effective scum strategy to just troll all game long and give yourself an excuse to not move the game forward", see 42). He also said at 59: "I mean, it's page 1, who cares? This is a common occurrence in the game for people to say things that don't push the game forward." I don’t think that 42, 54 and 59 and Roland’s treatment of this Gob/Solon/GiF affair are consistent.
Again, did the context of those situations look same to you for them to have to warrant consistent treatments?
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: - he said in 228 that he saw more and more town!Solon over their interaction. Which was not my reading of their exchange.
Did the bit about the reaction test factor into this when you typed this?
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: - he said Gob could not be credited for pushing the game and did not deserve a town read, but over time he called Gob as town (478).
The post Roland said Gob didn't deserve a townread was 196, and the bits he mentioned that gob didn't move the game forward was before that.
That's quite a post gap between these and 478, ain't it?

So, let me ask you the real question here.
You just clicked ISO for Roland and just skimmed through that without context, didn't you?

You're good at this, GIF :)
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:44 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 851, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 850, RolandOfGilead wrote: The much longer post just 6 minutes after the much shorter one suggests a post that was very carefully curated.
When you joined this game, you gave your thoughts as you read through the game. You didn't take a full day to get your bearings. You didn't need time to prepare. I don't think these two situations align.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 854, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 851, JacksonVirgo wrote:
When you joined this game, you gave your thoughts as you read through the game. You didn't take a full day to get your bearings. You didn't need time to prepare. I don't think these two situations align.
And that’s incredibly rare for me, I’ve always done shitposting while I make a spoilered analysis post

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Yes I much preferred the live-tweeting version of getting caught up because we saw the thought process and opinions evolve.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:49 am

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 829, RolandOfGilead wrote: I'm still going to hold my vote for now, for reasons I will disclose later.

My reason is that I thought we'd get a good sense of who he was teamed with by allowing him to post, rather than leaving him one vote away from death and letting someone else jump in and end him before we got that information.

It's debatable whether we can glean anything from scum posts, but, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I've seen enough.

VOTE: Snow
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:52 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Please unvote for now.

I have more questions coming and I'd like to see them answered first.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:53 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

You know who will hammer without warning.
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:53 am

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 849, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: Might depend on number of scums. If 2, could be Not Mafia or Kay. If 3, may be we should not lose time and consider Roland. I have thought initially there can be 2 scums at most, but there was an opinion somewhere in the thread that 3 can be an option.
In what world would I be mafia with N_M? I’ve had a vote on him almost the entire time, along with his self vote. He’s just as close to elimination as you are and you think a scum team would both risk that? (I don’t know how N_M plays so I can’t really speak on the self vote, though I think in general, they’re dumb) I get there’s “distancing” but this would be really stupid on my part if I were bad.
I have not said that you are fellow scums with N_M.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:55 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

I misread or for and, apologies.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:55 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

What are we at?

wiki // GTKAS
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:56 am

Post by Snow2697 »

I have had it as single text and decided to post part 1 and then polish and post part 2.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:57 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 862, JacksonVirgo wrote: What are we at?
You should unvote unless you want the hammer to happen.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:58 am

Post by Thomith »

Votecount 1.10
Votecount 1.10

Snow2697 (4)
Doctor Drew, FancyPants, JacksonVirgo, RolandofGilead
E-1

Not_Mafia (3):
Not_Mafia, KayJayQueue, Solon
E-2

GuyInFreezer (1):
Snow2697

Not Voting (1):
GuyInFreezer

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 to secure an execution.

Day One ends in (expired on 2024-03-13 05:56:04)

Mod Notes
None
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:58 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 862, JacksonVirgo wrote: What are we at?
E-1, but N_M is gonna lolhammer when he shows up.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:59 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: There has been interaction between Gob, GiF, Roland and Solon at the start of the game.
Gob claimed a cop. Voted GiF and called her scum.
GiF claimed vig, threatened to shoot Gob.
Solon jumped on GiF.
Roland defended GiF.

I think the main point is who are these four and whether (and how many) scums are there. I would say at least 1. Two possible, but could be overly lucky. Just 0, also not excluded.
Furthermore, this is just an IIoA (Information Instead of Analysis), garnished with surface-level number guessing.
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: Solon – on balance liked him the most.
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: Fancy – agree with some of her points, disagree with the others.
These were your stated townreads. So what part of this makes Fancy town for you?
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: GiF – don’t like her claiming 3 town reads there, if I take it right; looked like an attempt to end the conflict.
Is this really all you have on me? That townreads posts was from much earlier on. Also,
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: Kay – avoids conflicts, takes fights very carefully. Seems like a similar pattern with Roland and GiF.
What makes me controversial and Kay scummy, if we shared a similar pattern?
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: DD – Fancy voted him, got criticized by Roland for that, but DD launched a conflict with Roland instead of pushing Fancy with him. Seems like a principled move. Hardly a move by a scum. Roland is right that DD's case was not explained in detail (and DD did not seem to try to do so), and I found DD’s style overly aggressive. But his actions could have been honest moves from a town!DD.
I must be misunderstanding your definition of "controversial" because this reads like a townread. What makes your DD read "controversial" and not town?
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: - GiF, Jackson and DD – don’t think they should be limmed now.
- Not Mafia – can be a candidate, but looks more like a policy lim. Not sure this will give town a lot.
- Roland – the best candidate from the standpoint of info for the town. One of the 4 players in the initial conflict. A lot of conflicts are associated with him. But he is the most active and dedicated player. Limming him on D1 is a tough decision.
- Kay – can be a candidate. But again not sure this will give town a lot.
Also, this whole part is ???
Your own readlist stated Kay as "scummy" and Roland as "suspicious," which indicates that Kay seemed more scum to you than Roland, but you call for Roland lim, and based on the information that would provide? Are you, like, not trying to lim scum?
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:01 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 852, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 846, JacksonVirgo wrote: Anything more on my slot than gob trolling and pushing roland?
Cannot say that I have mastered all details of your 30+ page thread within the time I had. Anything in particular you want to ask me?
Technically they’ve only been around 20 pages, much more manageable if you ask me. Especially since I think most of the gob stuff can be largely ignored as it was not really serious.
May be. But I think you need to still go through the stuff to figure out whether it has been serious or not.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:03 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 868, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 852, KayJayQueue wrote:
May be. But I think you need to still go through the stuff to figure out whether it has been serious or not.
So are you saying you didn’t actually go through all 30 pages of the game? What are you basing all these reads in then?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:06 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

UNVOTE:

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:07 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 870, JacksonVirgo wrote: UNVOTE:
Thank you Jack!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:18 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Of course, I have uh other priorities so I’ll be catching up fully tomorrow. Can’t have a hammer

wiki // GTKAS
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:29 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 867, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: There has been interaction between Gob, GiF, Roland and Solon at the start of the game.
Gob claimed a cop. Voted GiF and called her scum.
GiF claimed vig, threatened to shoot Gob.
Solon jumped on GiF.
Roland defended GiF.

I think the main point is who are these four and whether (and how many) scums are there. I would say at least 1. Two possible, but could be overly lucky. Just 0, also not excluded.
Furthermore, this is just an IIoA (Information Instead of Analysis), garnished with surface-level number guessing.

Don't understand your criticism. If you think that the initial 4-person conflict is not important, then say your position on this. I have set out mine.
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: Solon – on balance liked him the most.
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: Fancy – agree with some of her points, disagree with the others.
These were your stated townreads. So what part of this makes Fancy town for you?

A combination of style and contents of her messages.
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: GiF – don’t like her claiming 3 town reads there, if I take it right; looked like an attempt to end the conflict.
Is this really all you have on me? That townreads posts was from much earlier on. Also,
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: Kay – avoids conflicts, takes fights very carefully. Seems like a similar pattern with Roland and GiF.
What makes me controversial and Kay scummy, if we shared a similar pattern?

I don't think she pursues her own agenda as a player. Her primary concern seems to be not to quarrel with other players.
I think you have your own agenda.
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: DD – Fancy voted him, got criticized by Roland for that, but DD launched a conflict with Roland instead of pushing Fancy with him. Seems like a principled move. Hardly a move by a scum. Roland is right that DD's case was not explained in detail (and DD did not seem to try to do so), and I found DD’s style overly aggressive. But his actions could have been honest moves from a town!DD.
I must be misunderstanding your definition of "controversial" because this reads like a townread. What makes your DD read "controversial" and not town?

I did not mean "controversial" to be townread or scummy or null. I would say it is a mixture of townread and scummy features, which I cannot resolve now. I don't understand reasons why DD launched an attack on Roland. DD's arguments against Roland. Also, DD's attack on Roland overlapped with Jackson's which I also don't understand.
In post 844, Snow2697 wrote: - GiF, Jackson and DD – don’t think they should be limmed now.
- Not Mafia – can be a candidate, but looks more like a policy lim. Not sure this will give town a lot.
- Roland – the best candidate from the standpoint of info for the town. One of the 4 players in the initial conflict. A lot of conflicts are associated with him. But he is the most active and dedicated player. Limming him on D1 is a tough decision.
- Kay – can be a candidate. But again not sure this will give town a lot.
Also, this whole part is ???
Your own readlist stated Kay as "scummy" and Roland as "suspicious," which indicates that Kay seemed more scum to you than Roland, but you call for Roland lim, and based on the information that would provide? Are you, like, not trying to lim scum?

My point is that if we lim a scum, great. But we need to consider what would happen if we lim town. Can we exclude that Kay or Not Mafia are town? I think no, they can be town. So, what would give us elimination of town Kay or town Not Mafia? Will this clarify any conflicts in which they are involved? Don't think so.
And I don't call for Roland. You misread me. To the contrary, I said this would be a tough decision. And I said that "may be" we "consider" Roland if there are 3 scums, not 2.

Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:38 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

UNVOTE: