Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:51 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 855, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 854, RolandOfGilead wrote:
In post 851, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 850, RolandOfGilead wrote: The much longer post just 6 minutes after the much shorter one suggests a post that was very carefully curated.
Means nothing, I often curate my own posts regardless of alignment.
When you joined this game, you gave your thoughts as you read through the game. You didn't take a full day to get your bearings. You didn't need time to prepare. I don't think these two situations align.
And that’s incredibly rare for me, I’ve always done shitposting while I make a spoilered analysis post
I felt that I would rather read the thread and try to give my consolidated position. Instead of making myriads of posts to deal with.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:26 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

I just don't buy Snow's reads. The consensus amongst most of us here is that it seems hard to find someone who is scummy. A lot of us seem to have arrived at this place of thinking that the people who seem to be contributing regularly here are probably just town. We each seem to have our own theory on which one here is the "deep wolf", but it still seems like, to most of us, we find most people here to be quite towny, and we feel like we're probably getting fooled by something (or someone).

Contrast that with Snow's reads list where he only calls 2 people "townish", he calls not mafia "unclear" which is fine, but then the remaining 5 of us are some combination of controversial / suspicious / scummy. He has somehow arrived at reasons to be skeptical of 5 of us, whereas I think pretty much everyone here kinda struggles to even find 2.

Of course scum is going to cast doubt on a whole bunch of people. One of the things I was going to comment on is...do you notice how little chaos there is in this game? Everyone kinda has their own pet theory, but otherwise, it sure doesn't seem like anyone is really trying to toss a grenade into things and really mess with everyone's minds. This post is the first post I've seen that actually kinda tries to do that in this game.

I will be really surprised if Snow does not flip scum.
Go then; there are other worlds than these.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:43 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 855, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 854, RolandOfGilead wrote: When you joined this game, you gave your thoughts as you read through the game. You didn't take a full day to get your bearings. You didn't need time to prepare. I don't think these two situations align.
And that’s incredibly rare for me, I’ve always done shitposting while I make a spoilered analysis post

Then consider also how quickly you made your contributions, compared to Snow. Snow joined at 4 PM yesterday, checked in with us at 9 PM, didn't give us anything of meaning until 4 PM today, nearly 24 hours after he joined and 19 hours after he checked in on the game and made it known that he was fully aware that he was in this game now. That just seems like the amount of time you'd take if you wanted to check in with your scum buddy and craft up a strategy on what one should say when making one's entrance to the game. It's suspicious.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:48 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 870, JacksonVirgo wrote: UNVOTE:
Stop unvoting before I can get to the thread
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:07 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

Another thought: I don't really see how Snow townreads FancyPants and scumreads me, when FancyPants has largely sheeped my own case on Drew. A not-insignificant amount of FancyPants' efforts here have echoed my own thoughts on Drew, so it's weird to me that the one who aligns with the original view gets to be townread, but the one who originated that read in the first place is somehow scum.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:08 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 879, RolandOfGilead wrote: Another thought: I don't really see how Snow townreads FancyPants and scumreads me, when FancyPants has largely sheeped my own case on Drew. A not-insignificant amount of FancyPants' efforts here have echoed my own thoughts on Drew, so it's weird to me that the one who aligns with the original view gets to be townread, but the one who originated that read in the first place is somehow scum.
I think this quite a facile view of scumhunting
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:12 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

@Not_Mafia

Why do you want Snow eliminated?
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:14 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

Really don't understand Roland's critique.
1. What he actually does is replacing the question "who is town" with "who contributes here regularly". If so, let's just ISO people and judge them based on number/volume of their posts.
2. I don't see why I cannot call people suspicious/controversial if I cannot reach or have not reached more definite position on them. I has been able to start looking at this only today in the evening. And I did formulate an option of eliminating either Not Mafia (player unclear for me) or Kay (player scummy for me). What puzzles me is that he does not take issue with my qualifications of these 2 players and does not comment on substance of my elimination options.
3. Seems like his real point is that he is called suspicious. I don't think that anyone here can usurp "lock town" position who cannot be questioned.
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:19 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 879, RolandOfGilead wrote: Another thought: I don't really see how Snow townreads FancyPants and scumreads me, when FancyPants has largely sheeped my own case on Drew. A not-insignificant amount of FancyPants' efforts here have echoed my own thoughts on Drew, so it's weird to me that the one who aligns with the original view gets to be townread, but the one who originated that read in the first place is somehow scum.
That's something new. I read you as saying that FancyPants has been largely repeating your views and have generated herself just something insignificant. And only on Drew. I disagree.

Too late in my place, have to go to bed. Will return in the morning.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:21 pm

Post by Solon »

I think Snow has earned a stay of execution at the very least.

I'd much prefer a Not_Mafia elimination as that slot is never going to be readable for anyone, and will be a liability with the ever-present possiblity of a lolhammer whenever someone is one vote from the chop.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 884, Solon wrote: I think Snow has earned a stay of execution at the very least.

I'd much prefer a Not_Mafia elimination as that slot is never going to be readable for anyone, and will be a liability with the ever-present possiblity of a lolhammer whenever someone is one vote from the chop.
That's fine with me. Frankly I feel like I am playing like shit right now.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:39 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

UNVOTE:
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:39 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

The game is stagnant, no wonder.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:48 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

Yeah but right now I am typing out a case and then thinking "come on man, that's a shitty case and you know it". I'm getting nowhere.
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:50 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

VOTE: Not_Mafia

This is 1 vote away from elimination. (And Not_Mafia has already voted himself so there's no danger of a meme hammer here)
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:53 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Not a fan of this route

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:54 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

But any conclusion is better than the current dissonance

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:00 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

I think I prefer Snow today but I’m happy with either snow or N_M. I just feel like N_M was more trolling than being scummy (yet is at the bottom of my list because everyone else feels better to me) whereas RN was null and then got replaced and snow’s contribution is just settling off red flags all over for me. I don’t know which one it is but I’m leaning snow over N_M.

Can we just hear from everyone once about their preference? I know we’ve heard from most players. I wonder Drew’s opinion on who to vote today? Anyone else who has more to say after snow’s analysis?

UNVOTE:
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:01 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 891, JacksonVirgo wrote: But any conclusion is better than the current dissonance
Sorry I just made it more dissonant, for a bit.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:02 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

We got time, I will commit to trying to get the game back on track tomorrow

wiki // GTKAS
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:08 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 889, RolandOfGilead wrote: VOTE: Not_Mafia

This is 1 vote away from elimination. (And Not_Mafia has already voted himself so there's no danger of a meme hammer here)
In post 890, JacksonVirgo wrote: Not a fan of this route
In post 892, KayJayQueue wrote: I think I prefer Snow today but I’m happy with either snow or N_M. I just feel like N_M was more trolling than being scummy (yet is at the bottom of my list because everyone else feels better to me) whereas RN was null and then got replaced and snow’s contribution is just settling off red flags all over for me. I don’t know which one it is but I’m leaning snow over N_M.

Can we just hear from everyone once about their preference? I know we’ve heard from most players. I wonder Drew’s opinion on who to vote today? Anyone else who has more to say after snow’s analysis?

UNVOTE:
As I stated, I always hate limming a lurker on D1, but the way RN popped into the thread was bad(and thinking about it more, mention Hu Tao could definitely have been a dumb tell), so I was definitely ok with him being the lim. Snow actually has out effort in at least, but I am always weary when someone really towns it up when they repp in, so I am still fine with an RN lim.

I don't like limming NM, but I definitely get it, if it were a bigger game I would be totally fine with it, but would hate basically a policy lim taking out a townie in a game this size.

Problem is, I am still ok with a Roland lim, but am definitely in the minority there lol.

And GiF still is pinging me weird, but not sure I could(or even would want to) push them at this point.

Basically I am reluctantly fine with the lime being snow or NM
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:08 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

And yes, the lime is always great at finding scum
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:12 pm

Post by Solon »

It would be unfortunate if we eliminate Snow and he flips town, as he is actually contributing meaningful content, whereas Not_Mafia will never do so, and if he ever makes it to melo then then game is lost anyway if he's town.

I also don't think Snow's catch-up is nearly as bad as is being made out. I think his response has been calm and balanced, not in the least survivalistic, and I think he made some decent points. It's never easy catching-up in a game, especially when everyone already thinks you're scum.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:17 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 897, Solon wrote: It would be unfortunate if we eliminate Snow and he flips town, as he is actually contributing meaningful content, whereas Not_Mafia will never do so, and if he ever makes it to melo then then game is lost anyway if he's town.

I also don't think Snow's catch-up is nearly as bad as is being made out. I think his response has been calm and balanced, not in the least survivalistic, and I think he made some decent points. It's never easy catching-up in a game, especially when everyone already thinks you're scum.
Actually…I think this makes the most sense to me. I can see pushback against both N_M and snow and honestly we won’t feel great no matter who we eliminate if they flip town so at this point it’s 50-50.

I’m okay to vote N_M again but he’ll be e-1.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:17 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 896, Doctor Drew wrote: And yes, the lime is always great at finding scum
Just wait until the coconut tries…

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”