Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:45 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1473, Solon wrote: I'm on holiday so have limited access.

I'm a weak one shot town neighbour and I targetted guy in freezer, so unfortunately wasted my shot.

Why did you target GuyInFreezer?
"Nothing can be further than the truth!" -George W. Bush
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:47 am

Post by Solon »

Town friendly neighbour I mean.

I was going to target fancy but was worried he might be scum, and changed my mind last minute.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:11 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1343, GuyInFreezer wrote: With this, my goal of "5 locktowns" has been achieved (Jackson, Malachai, Kay, Snow, Solon), so I no longer have to feel insecure about this game anymore and go back to being lazy bum.

And yes, I can hear Malachai screaming all the way from across the monitor.

@Solon

He had you as a "lock town" so why did you feel the need to tell him that you were?
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:21 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1104, Malachai wrote: VOTE: Not_Mafia
In post 1236, Malachai wrote:
In post 1217, Thomith wrote:
Votecount 1.14
Votecount 1.14

Not_Mafia (4):
Not_Mafia, Solon, Malachai, JacksonVirgo
E-1

Malachai (1):
Doctor Drew
Snow2697 (1):
FancyPants
Solon (1):
Snow2697

Not Voting (2):
GuyInFreezer, KayJayQueue

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 to secure an execution.

Day One ends in (expired on 2024-03-13 05:56:04)

Mod Notes
None
In post 1222, Doctor Drew wrote: VOTE: Not Mafia

If anything this is good for the game moving forward with no distractions

He is hammered.

Just to switch gears a bit, I want to point out why it makes no sense to think I am scummates with Not Mafia here - that vote I cast on Not Mafia stayed on him all weekend long, when I trust players will be most active. But more importantly, I did genuinely believe that Drew's vote WAS a hammer, as you can see above. That means I legitimately thought that Not_Mafia was at E-1, and I didn't take my vote off him before what I thought would be his end.
In post 1041, Malachai wrote: Overall I would say JacksonVirgo and Drew are my scummiest reads here. Not sure I am on board with a Not_Mafia elimination, though I am not anything above null on that slot (that just means I'm not scumreading him either). I would say I'm very much not at all on board on eliminating Snow. GuyInFreezer is my top town read, and I feel townie about KayJayQueue, FancyPants, and Solon.

Also, wow, very strategically terrible move on scum!me's part to just go ahead and townread 5 people and leave my scummate in a pool of 3 potential scums.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:22 am

Post by Malachai »

At the very least, obviously it would have made a lot more sense for scum!me to just read Snow as null in that moment, then I could have shoved Not Mafia out of my scum pool on the way to 3 mis-eliminations that win me the game.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:10 am

Post by Solon »

In post 1477, Malachai wrote:
In post 1343, GuyInFreezer wrote: With this, my goal of "5 locktowns" has been achieved (Jackson, Malachai, Kay, Snow, Solon), so I no longer have to feel insecure about this game anymore and go back to being lazy bum.

@Solon

He had you as a "lock town" so why did you feel the need to tell him that you were?

My aim was to confirm him as town, not just to be confirmed myself.

It was a rushed pick as i'm on holiday. I just wanted to make sure I didn't hit scum, as I didn't crumb my target beforehand. If I chose scum then I would be dead.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:12 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1456, JacksonVirgo wrote: I still think a scum is in my top reads from D1 and one died, if it’s not Malachi I’m thinking Solon but Malachi feels so much better to me as a bunch of things are lining up specifically rather than just one argument I personally hold against Solon which is that he dropped off when he was getting townread as if there was no need to post. Which aligns with what a scum would feel.

Would you please go into detail about these "bunch of things that are lining up" so I can dig into how you've been led astray on me? I will of course be able to explain everything I did and said with logic and reason since these things have backed every single thing I have done in this game.
I also massively dislike Malachais retraction of the gob/jv read. It was incredibly jarring and I didn’t trust it for a moment but knew I had to wait to call on this feeling or it’d do more harm than good. I waited and hoped someone would respond before me so I can just wilfully ignore it for the moment but nobody did so I just made up whatever response I could to move on.
I don't know why you find it MASSIVELY jarring when I was clearly after you at the start. You can be disappointed that I changed my tune on you, but I don't think you can argue that it is MASSIVELY "jarring" for me to return to a read I had at the beginning of my involvement in the game.

Are you sure you don't just massively dislike me, because that's totally fine if you do lol. I deserve it. But I don't deserve a scum read for it.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:15 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1480, Solon wrote:

@Solon

Well this confuses me. How does it confirm GIF as town for you to tell him that you are town? The wiki for this role tells me that this role involves YOU giving info to OTHERS, not the other way around. The only way you actually get info about him is if you die, which is obviously useless to town and is something you later say here that you're wanting to avoid anyway. So I'm not sure I follow your thought process here.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:25 am

Post by Malachai »

FWIW - Jackson's vote putting Not Mafia at E-1 was at 2:47 PM. Drew cast what I thought was hammer at 4:30. So that's two hours where I supposedly left my teammate on the verge of death and never took it on myself to help him out of it by moving my vote. And I WAS there, was aware at the time that E-1 had happened, and yet I just left him there.

Also odd to assume I'm his teammate and also know that I had lost track of the vote count around that time. Don't you think I'd be a lot more aware of the count if my own partner was on the verge of death?
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:25 am

Post by Malachai »

Anyway, gotta get to work.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:28 am

Post by Solon »

In post 1482, Malachai wrote:
In post 1480, Solon wrote:

@Solon

Well this confuses me. How does it confirm GIF as town for you to tell him that you are town? The wiki for this role tells me that this role involves YOU giving info to OTHERS, not the other way around. The only way you actually get info about him is if you die, which is obviously useless to town and is something you later say here that you're wanting to avoid anyway. So I'm not sure I follow your thought process here.

If I target GIF and I don't die, GIF is therefore confirmed town.

Unfortunately he died anyway. In hindsight I should have stuck with one of my original choices (Kay, Fancy).
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:38 am

Post by Solon »

V/LA until Monday
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:43 am

Post by Malachai »

I guess I still scratch my head a little, because you said this:
In post 1480, Solon wrote: I just wanted to make sure I didn't hit scum, as I didn't crumb my target beforehand.
You must have felt there was a decent enough chance that GIF was scum if you felt the need to check his role in this way. But that still contradicts with the general attitude you give in this quote here.

I mean I would have thought that a person would not be interested in using this role to check for scum alignments and that they would only want to use it to dissuade people of wrong reads. Like if I had your role and snow, for the sake of argument, legitimately scumread me, I'd for sure use my ability on him to get him to give it up. I townread him so I trust I'd not die.

I dunno. At this point I think I'll just listen to what others have to say about this before I come to a conclusion. Maybe I'm missing something.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:53 am

Post by Malachai »

VOTE: Solon

I am just not buying it, I don't think.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:58 am

Post by Solon »

You don't seem to grasp that if I targetted scum I would be dead, and town none the wiser.

I originally targetted Kay, then changed to Fancy, then got cold feet last minute and changed to GIF. I'm on holiday, as I've said, and didn't have time to fully think through my last pick, I just wanted to make sure I didn't hit scum at that point.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:58 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1470, Snow2697 wrote:
In post 1467, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1280, GuyInFreezer wrote: before we end the day and I get nightkilled for being too town.
Self-fulfilling prophecy, RIP. You were too town for this game GIF!
So, do you think that I killed a "too town" player who called me "lock town" and stayed here with others? Like you who ask me a question and then vote me before I can even have a word?

Need to make a break until evening.
I voted you because your tentative analysis was that you still thought it could be me which I find a bit crazy. If this game is 2v7, I just hammered the first scum. I had no reason to do that if it’s my partner. I could’ve put my vote on Drew since he’d be gaining even more traction and he’d be at E-1 with my vote. Anyone that is still seriously thinks I’m scum…must think I’m the cockiness player ever to think I can 1v6 this game, be stubborn about wanting to be right about their day 1 reads, or is scum and still thinks I’m a viable push. Also you’re saying it wouldn’t make sense to kill the “too town” player that “locktowned” you when he did the exact same thing to me…a bit contradictory.

I find it funny that you want to townread the other player that has been keeping a vote on you most of day 1 but the person who took their vote off of you to HAMMER SCUM you still need to “think about”….just doesn’t make much sense to me. If you were a little more consistent, maybe I would just chalk it up to you having bad reads but they’re not just bad, they’re inconsistent. So yeah, I’m keeping my vote here currently.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:05 am

Post by Solon »

My thought process was basically this:

I'll check kay as she's prob town and Fancy suspects her. Actually, I'll check Fancy as he is potentially getting mislimmed if he's town. Then after glancing through a few of his posts I thought Fancy could be scum, and I changed my pick with an hour to go while travelling on the bus to GIF, who I thought was most likely town, who would be good to confirm as town nonetheless.

I realised soon after this that he actually might be the NK, but it was too late for me to change my pick by that point.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:08 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1489, Solon wrote: You don't seem to grasp that if I targetted scum I would be dead, and town none the wiser.

I originally targetted Kay, then changed to Fancy, then got cold feet last minute and changed to GIF. I'm on holiday, as I've said, and didn't have time to fully think through my last pick, I just wanted to make sure I didn't hit scum at that point.
It's not about the parts of it; I understand all of the parts. I'm just having trouble fitting them together.

I guess I don't see why you had the thought "I wanted to confirm if GIF was town" when essentially you have no actual way of doing so in a way that helps us.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:16 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1491, Solon wrote: My thought process was basically this:

I'll check kay as she's prob town and Fancy suspects her. Actually, I'll check Fancy as he is potentially getting mislimmed if he's town. Then after glancing through a few of his posts I thought Fancy could be scum, and I changed my pick with an hour to go while travelling on the bus to GIF, who I thought was most likely town, who would be good to confirm as town nonetheless.

I realised soon after this that he actually might be the NK, but it was too late for me to change my pick by that point.
Okay. Knowing your thought process helps a lot.

I guess it would indeed be maybe unrealistically ballsy to kick off day 2 with a fake role claim. And if it were fake, that's probably going to become obvious when (if?) we all reveal our roles. So maybe it's just not today's problem regardless.

UNVOTE:
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:50 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1465, JacksonVirgo wrote: Malachai dipped off, Snow actively avoided it which I considered Townie at the time hence my shift I was refusing to explain in the moment. Solon as a counterwagon is strange, but the alternative was NM who would have been their partner in a scum snow world. The pivot to Drew is awful but it would also explain why that happened to begin with. One of malachai and snow are wolves and we have the freedom to chop down both. I want to chop down both.

Frankly I am having a lot of trouble following your arguments and your thought processes.

It seems like so much of your reads are super heavily dependent on a town read of Drew. Doesn't that make you uncomfortable? Not even GIF considered Drew a townread, so what makes you so sure that he is?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:34 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1494, Malachai wrote:
In post 1465, JacksonVirgo wrote: Malachai dipped off, Snow actively avoided it which I considered Townie at the time hence my shift I was refusing to explain in the moment. Solon as a counterwagon is strange, but the alternative was NM who would have been their partner in a scum snow world. The pivot to Drew is awful but it would also explain why that happened to begin with. One of malachai and snow are wolves and we have the freedom to chop down both. I want to chop down both.

Frankly I am having a lot of trouble following your arguments and your thought processes.

It seems like so much of your reads are super heavily dependent on a town read of Drew. Doesn't that make you uncomfortable? Not even GIF considered Drew a townread, so what makes you so sure that he is?
Well Gif was back and forth on me, and everytime he thought I was 'caught scum' he quickly realized his read was incorrect.

Also, even if he didn't town lick me, why does only his reads matter? He is wrong about not lock towning me, so he is probably wrong about someone else he is lock towning.

Also I was gonna say we should lim off wagon, but Solons claim is just so bad.

I do feel we go Solon>Malachi>snow and that wins us the game

There is paranoia around Jackson and Kay though
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:35 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1495, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1494, Malachai wrote:

Well Gif was back and forth on me, and everytime he thought I was 'caught scum' he quickly realized his read was incorrect.

Also, even if he didn't town lick me, why does only his reads matter? He is wrong about not lock towning me, so he is probably wrong about someone else he is lock towning.

Also I was gonna say we should lim off wagon, but Solons claim is just so bad.

I do feel we go Solon>Malachi>snow and that wins us the game

Lol I hope he wasn't licking me, town lock I mean of course
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:40 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1495, Doctor Drew wrote:
Care to elaborate?
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:51 am

Post by Malachai »

Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:00 am

Post by Malachai »

I guess my thing with Solon is... He REALLY had it in for Not Mafia. Genuine irritation.

You could argue that he was genuinely pissed at his scummate, but IMO this all went down far too early in the game for things to have come to blows between them. Like that would have to be one UG-LY scum chat for him to be that genuinely upset with Not Mafia just halfway through day one.

The other possibility, then, is that he's faking the whole thing, but man he was so close to getting himself axed with what he was doing. I don't really buy that a guy puts himself on the line like that unless his feelings were genuine. I mean he even bashed the entire Mafiascum site... That doesn't seem like an act to me.

I scratched my head over his announcement but I feel like once I asked some questions and got answers, it felt to me like he was telling the truth. His overall thought process does make sense to me. If you're worried about targeting someone who could leave you dead, I can see why you'd choose an obvious target.

I'm off the Solon wagon unless someone's got a compelling argument otherwise.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”